The Official Vampire Diaries Rating Thread

jstitely1

[21]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 12

Kitanishi wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    Ratings have been falling since the previous episode already.
    According to TV by the Numbers: "the CW's Vampire Diaries had a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating, down 8% vs. a 1.2 rating last week. The Secret Circle drew a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating, down 12% vs. a 0.8 last week." So not even Elijah could save the ratings last night.
    If he is to impact the ratings wouldn't the effect show next episode? He showed a few seconds and nobody saw that coming. I really don't know how this stuff works so that is why i'm asking.

EVERYBODY saw that coming. CW hyped the hell out of his return. But yeah, real impact is to be seen next episode.

also last night whole portions of the east coast couldnt watch the episode. my whole state had some weird thing where the cw wasn't working. so that could've potentially affected ratings

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[22]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 32

Kitanishi wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    According to TV by the Numbers: "the CW's Vampire Diaries had a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating, down 8% vs. a 1.2 rating last week. The Secret Circle drew a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating, down 12% vs. a 0.8 last week." So not even Elijah could save the ratings last night.
    If he is to impact the ratings wouldn't the effect show next episode? He showed a few seconds and nobody saw that coming. I really don't know how this stuff works so that is why i'm asking.

EVERYBODY saw that coming. CW hyped the hell out of his return. But yeah, real impact is to be seen next episode.

Same as the impact of the Damon & Elena kiss before that, or the return after a long hiatus before that, or whatever happened before that: neither "development" had a massive impact in the ratings, quite the opposite in fact.

stanmorne

[23]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 6
    Kitanishi wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:

EVERYBODY saw that coming.

CW hyped the hell out of his return. But yeah, real impact is to be seen next episode.

Ohw sorry I did not know. Hope they do something exciting next episode, not just talking.

Kitanishi

[24]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 9
    stanmorne wrote:

Ohw sorry I did not know. Hope they do something exciting next episode, not just talking.

Frankly it needs opposite.

It needs more actual TALKING and interaction and development of characters and less "trying to do something exciting". The show has "tried to do something exciting" since s2 start already and mostly except for few cases, fell flat on its face with that. And characters suffered HARD from that. There's a reason why after S2 started, ratings started to fall so fast.

ionee24

[25]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 32
    I've got to agree, frankly I couldn't care less about "new and exciting" developments that are only going to be retconned the next week, hence the reason I believe most people are leaving this show like a sinking ship.

stanmorne

[26]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 6
    Kitanishi wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:

Frankly it needs opposite.

It needs more actual TALKING and interaction and development of characters and less "trying to do something exciting". The show has "tried to do something exciting" since s2 start already and mostly except for few cases, fell flat on its face with that. And characters suffered HARD from that. There's a reason why after S2 started, ratings started to fall so fast.

I also agree with you in that way, but I hinted there on Klaus. He is the villian, but his bark is worse than his bite.

Dec1964

[27]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 35

Wow the Ratings has dropped alot...

I'm not surprised.

Edited on 02/08/2013 7:33am

jstitely1

[28]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 12

Dec1964 wrote:

I'm not surprised.

they are about equal with last year, not all that much lower.

Dec1964

[29]Feb 15, 2013
    • level: 35

jstitely1 wrote:

Dec1964 wrote:

I'm not surprised.

they are about equal with last year, not all that much lower.

What used to rate nearly 5milion viewers an episode when this show started, has come

down to just over 2.5million an episode, i call a major drop in ratings.