The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

which brother do you like best?

JStarr28

[41]Dec 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    DAMON for sure, hes just much more Hotter and funnier than Stephan
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

clason221

[42]Dec 31, 2009
    • level: 2
    Damon by a landslide. He's hotter, and his personality is just so amazing. He's got that dangerous sexy thing going on and Stefan is just...boring.

katywishing100

[43]Jan 2, 2010
    • level: 15
    Damon is x10 hotter than Stefan.

TRUE_BONES

[44]Jan 2, 2010
    • level: 6
    I am all for Damon. I love how cocky he is. I like him more in the books then in the series.

xextremex

[45]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 4
    I like both, but Damon has kept me really interested in the show. His character is terrifically evil. Stefan is kind of boring to me. He's not like Angel was, even when Angel was a hopeless romantic on "Buffy". There was much more to his character. But Stefan.... I love how sweet he is but I do think he's somewhat shallow.
    This has nothing to do with real life. It's TV and I find Damon more exciting. In RL I would chose someone like Stefan.

surfinbyrd

[46]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 5
    Jacks_Son wrote:

morgonstjarnan wrote:
    Sounds to me like you were the sweet, kind, and utterly BORING guy she went to when she needed to complain about her bad boy boyfriends, huh? A little bitter? Honestly, no, guys shouldn't be complete d***s, but to be fair, goody-two-shoes with no edge are about as interesting as watching paint dry. Same thing goes for girls.. who would ever be interested in Elena in real life? Yeah, she's hot, but she's SO boring and uptight and whiny. So until the universe turns upside down, the super-nice, super-safe guys are going to sit around being bitter on the Internet while someone else wins the girl.

FYI, sweet and kind do not translate into boring. Nor does murderous, dangerous b*astard mean exciting. Let's take for example James Bond. In most instances, with women, he can be sweet and kind, yet I wouldn't characterize him as boring. Now, Ernst Blofeld, was a psychotic, meglomaniac. Sounds exciting, doesn't he. You frankly don't know what you're talking about. As for me being bitter, hardly. I felt sorry for her, but it was her life and her choices. All I could do was help her deal with the aftermath of how it affected her and her kids.

whoa whoa whoa - james bond was sweet and kind? maybe so - but he was a womanizer of the 1st degree!! its not the murderous/psychotic thing that makes Damon appealing - its that while he is dangerous...he has a softer side that you can see when he interacts with Elena, or when he talks about Katherine. In my experience, women are attracted to d-bags because they're "damaged". They need to be "saved". And women want to do the saving, they want to be "the one" who snaps them out of it. And a little danger is exciting. We crave adventure and excitement, and the guy who sitting in the background, holding our purse and carrying our books is not exciting. Don't blame us dude - its the way we're wired.

DarkDreaming

[47]Jan 22, 2010
    I gonna pull a Katharine and say both of them.

ajay9109

[48]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 1
    Jacks_Son wrote:

What is with the whole, "Bad boys are sexy" thing? I don't get it.

Just ask yourself one question: Which would you rather be with, Angel, or Angelus?

for me its not so much the "bad boy" its the bad boy that has a "heart" he's bad but its thats one person of thing that he loves thats redeems him.Damon has a good side we just havent seen all of it

and as for Angel or Angelus

Angel of course I mean Angel's a vampire but he has a soul which makes him good, but Angelus there is nothing good about him a girl has to be crazy to want that and Damon is nothing like that

i see Damon more like a Spike yes he was bad/evil but he loved buffy which was his redeeming quality. i pick Spike over Angel anyday

Edited on 01/22/2010 2:56pm

KingofIPirates

[49]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 32
    surfinbyrd wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:

morgonstjarnan wrote:
    Sounds to me like you were the sweet, kind, and utterly BORING guy she went to when she needed to complain about her bad boy boyfriends, huh? A little bitter? Honestly, no, guys shouldn't be complete d***s, but to be fair, goody-two-shoes with no edge are about as interesting as watching paint dry. Same thing goes for girls.. who would ever be interested in Elena in real life? Yeah, she's hot, but she's SO boring and uptight and whiny. So until the universe turns upside down, the super-nice, super-safe guys are going to sit around being bitter on the Internet while someone else wins the girl.

FYI, sweet and kind do not translate into boring. Nor does murderous, dangerous b*astard mean exciting. Let's take for example James Bond. In most instances, with women, he can be sweet and kind, yet I wouldn't characterize him as boring. Now, Ernst Blofeld, was a psychotic, meglomaniac. Sounds exciting, doesn't he. You frankly don't know what you're talking about. As for me being bitter, hardly. I felt sorry for her, but it was her life and her choices. All I could do was help her deal with the aftermath of how it affected her and her kids.

whoa whoa whoa - james bond was sweet and kind? maybe so - but he was a womanizer of the 1st degree!! its not the murderous/psychotic thing that makes Damon appealing - its that while he is dangerous...he has a softer side that you can see when he interacts with Elena, or when he talks about Katherine. In my experience, women are attracted to d-bags because they're "damaged". They need to be "saved". And women want to do the saving, they want to be "the one" who snaps them out of it. And a little danger is exciting. We crave adventure and excitement, and the guy who sitting in the background, holding our purse and carrying our books is not exciting. Don't blame us dude - its the way we're wired.

Guess that explains the sheer number of domestic abuse cases.
    ajay9109 wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:

What is with the whole, "Bad boys are sexy" thing? I don't get it. Just ask yourself one question: Which would you rather be with, Angel, or Angelus?

for me its not so much the "bad boy" its the bad boy that has a "heart" he's bad but its thats one person of thing that he loves thats redeems him.Damon has a good side we just havent seen all of itand as for Angel or Angelus Angel of course I mean Angel's a vampire but he has a soul which makes him good, but Angelus there is nothing good about him a girl has to be crazy to want that and Damon is nothing like that
    Damon casually kills people on a whim, he has a lot more in common with Angelus than Angel.

ajay9109 wrote:

i see Damon more like a Spike yes he was bad/evil but he loved buffy which was his redeeming quality. i pick Spike over Angel anyday
    Didn't Spike almost rape Buffy..
    Edited on 01/22/2010 3:58pm

MRomanos

[50]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 1
    I love both brothers honestly. I like the humor that Damon brings to the show but I love Stefan's looks.

OkayKath

[51]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 3
    Damon. The show is actually portraying him VERY differently from the books. His whole view on the Katherine issue, and those killings, in the books it was so much more justified and completely understandable. Still the fun, kind stuff is finally getting showed. Damn is brilliant, and Somerhalder plays his great. Stefan is sweet as, but he just doesn't have as much character.

Frenz9

[52]Jan 23, 2010
    • level: 10
    I always find it easy to love the hero and hate the villain, although i think Ian Somerhalder is a good actor.

Jacks_Son

[53]Jan 25, 2010
    • level: 13

surfinbyrd wrote:

Yes, Damon's softer side sure came out when he was gutting Bree. What a softie. I'd say hopefully your warranty is still in effect so that you can get that faulty wiring taken care of.

Edited on 01/25/2010 10:27am

ligbs12

[54]Jan 26, 2010
    Steffan.
    damon's too mean

rockanimechick

[55]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 4

If it's for Elena then Stefan.

In general, Damon.

Togana

[56]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 9
    Don't particularly like the show, find it extremely predictable with flat characters. However, the one character that actually DOES have a heartbeat to me is Damon (I think that's what his name is, the "bad" brother) He's the only one who has a personality. His brother is boring, the girl they like is boring I hope all their plans go down in flames and the only character who I want to succeed in all his schemes is Damon because he's the only one who's remotely interesting.

katywishing100

[57]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 15
    Togana wrote:
    Don't particularly like the show, find it extremely predictable with flat characters. However, the one character that actually DOES have a heartbeat to me is Damon (I think that's what his name is, the "bad" brother) He's the only one who has a personality. His brother is boring, the girl they like is boring I hope all their plans go down in flames and the only character who I want to succeed in all his schemes is Damon because he's the only one who's remotely interesting.

Why do you bother to watch the show if you don't like it? Seems like your wasting an hour of you time.

MacAttac

[58]Feb 14, 2010
    I hate Damon.

Yes, Spike tried to rape Buffy!

BtVS never should have taken the BS route. I liked the show a lot better when Buffy and Spike clearly hated each other.

About halfway through season six, I lost interest. I barely watched season seven. The show should have ended with Buffy jumping off of the tower.

MacAttac

[59]Feb 16, 2010
    If this show goes the way of the books and turns Elena into a vampire and ending up with Damon I am through!

Elena is supposed to be the heroine, why would they do something as contrived and cliched as turning her into a souless vampire and ending up with a B*****D murderer like Damon? What is the point of her going through all of this and still end up being a vampire.

Togana

[60]Feb 17, 2010

katywishing100 wrote:
    Togana wrote:
    Why do you bother to watch the show if you don't like it? Seems like your wasting an hour of you time.

Trust me, I do find other things to do with that hour other than watch Twilight, er, I mean Vampire Diaries. But as I'm waiting for Supernatural (The best damn show on CW) I may catch a few minutes of VD and so far, I'm not impressed. The vampires act like hormonal 17year olds even though they are supposed to be more mature than that, having lived over 100 years. But I don't expect greatness to come from a novel geared to entertain teens. Of course, when I was a teen, I enjoyed Anne Rice and Christopher Moore. Authors who can actually tell a damn good, intelligent story without the clich├ęs and predictability of today's novels. It's just so sad that better novels aren't getting the exposure these other novels have. If they did, ppl would finally see what a real vampire story is supposed to be. Authors like D.N. Simmons, Man, it's too bad Tanya Huff's series was on Lifetime, now THAT was a good vampire series.

Oh, and it was so predicable that the "grammy" was going to die and that whole scene was just bad acting.