The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

which brother do you like best?

  • Avatar of jstitely1

    jstitely1

    [61]Feb 17, 2010
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 471
    I have to say Damon 4 sure
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of elainecleo

    elainecleo

    [62]Feb 22, 2010
    • member since: 10/21/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 517
    I don't know why the bad boys are always the best looking in these shows, but I pick Damon over Stefan. Damon is my favorite vamp since Spike.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chick2508

    chick2508

    [63]May 1, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 25
    Damon is my fav one of the two, I do love stefan he is kind and caring but can be alittle boring at times, whereas Damon always keeps you on your toes, he is witty, funny and mysterious, some of his actions have taken me by surprise whereas others i never even saw coming, he does have a heart and he does feel compassion, he just chooses not to show it and would rather act like the bad big brother.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [64]May 1, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848

    Well, of course, Damon. Because he's... Straightforward. Honest. Caring. Loyal. Keeps his promises. Fun. Charming. HAWT-E. AND COOL. Those eyes. The body. The clothes. Oh. My.


    Oh yeah, he snaps a few necks here and there. Technicalities. Stefan does too to people who pose a threat tohim... but who's checking? And please don't get me started on Damon attacking Bonnie

    Edited on 05/01/2010 11:23am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [65]May 1, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    Yes, Damon's softer side sure came out when he was gutting Bree. What a softie.


    Just an aside... didn't Damon gut Bree AFTER she double-crossed him and arranged to have him killed by Lexi's b/f? Working backwards, I suppose the argument will be that Damon shouldn't have killed Lexi to begin with. And so on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jacks_Son

    Jacks_Son

    [66]May 1, 2010
    • member since: 11/29/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,074

    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    Yes, Damon's softer side sure came out when he was gutting Bree. What a softie.
    Just an aside... didn't Damon gut Bree AFTER she double-crossed him and arranged to have him killed by Lexi's b/f? Working backwards, I suppose the argument will be that Damon shouldn't have killed Lexi to begin with. And so on.


    Damon killed Lexi solely as a means to throw off the town council and to ingratiate himself within their group. The town council were up in arms because DAMON started killing people. He killed Lexi and when he went in the bar and sought out Bree (who was a friend of Lexi), Bree felt the right thing to do was call Lexi's boyfriend and let him know his girlfriend's murderer was in the bar. In what way did Bree double-cross Damon?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [67]May 1, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848
    Jacks_Son wrote:

    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    Yes, Damon's softer side sure came out when he was gutting Bree. What a softie.
    Just an aside... didn't Damon gut Bree AFTER she double-crossed him and arranged to have him killed by Lexi's b/f? Working backwards, I suppose the argument will be that Damon shouldn't have killed Lexi to begin with. And so on.


    Damon killed Lexi solely as a means to throw off the town council and to ingratiate himself within their group. The town council were up in arms because DAMON started killing people. He killed Lexi and when he went in the bar and sought out Bree (who was a friend of Lexi), Bree felt the right thing to do was call Lexi's boyfriend and let him know his girlfriend's murderer was in the bar. In what way did Bree double-cross Damon?



    Ah, nothing so innocent or noble on Bree's part. She had Elena kidnapped to lure Damon out and then Lexi's b/f attacked him. So everything was planned out. And Damon wasn't killing the people at that point. That TV presenter guy killed quite a few, which had really got the townsfolks freaked. I can't remember at this point who had turned the TV guy into a vampire though. See, the thing is, Bree feels justified trying to kill Damon. Damon feels justified in killing Lexi. How is one better than the other? And it has never been said that Damon is a softie. But he's not particularly more conniving or self-serving than most others on the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [68]May 1, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    chick2508 wrote:
    Damon is my fav one of the two, I do love stefan he is kind and caring but can be alittle boring at times, whereas Damon always keeps you on your toes, he is witty, funny and mysterious, some of his actions have taken me by surprise whereas others i never even saw coming, he does have a heart and he does feel compassion, he just chooses not to show it and would rather act like the bad big brother.

    I think Damon is more definitely more entertaining than Stefan as a character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jacks_Son

    Jacks_Son

    [69]May 2, 2010
    • member since: 11/29/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,074

    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Ah, nothing so innocent or noble on Bree's part. She had Elena kidnapped to lure Damon out and then Lexi's b/f attacked him. So everything was planned out. And Damon wasn't killing the people at that point. That TV presenter guy killed quite a few, which had really got the townsfolks freaked. I can't remember at this point who had turned the TV guy into a vampire though. See, the thing is, Bree feels justified trying to kill Damon. Damon feels justified in killing Lexi. How is one better than the other? And it has never been said that Damon is a softie. But he's not particularly more conniving or self-serving than most others on the show.


    I don't recall Bree being behind Elena's kidnapping. Her only involvement was calling Lexi's boyfriend. Elena went out of the bar to receive a phone call. It was Lexi's boyfriend who took the initiative to kidnap Elena. You think Bree's response to Damon's question about where Elena was was coordinated between Bree and Lexi's boyfriend? You think Bree and Lexi's BF had the time to hatch a plan?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jstitely1

    jstitely1

    [70]May 2, 2010
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 471

    Jacks_Son wrote:


    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Ah, nothing so innocent or noble on Bree's part. She had Elena kidnapped to lure Damon out and then Lexi's b/f attacked him. So everything was planned out. And Damon wasn't killing the people at that point. That TV presenter guy killed quite a few, which had really got the townsfolks freaked. I can't remember at this point who had turned the TV guy into a vampire though. See, the thing is, Bree feels justified trying to kill Damon. Damon feels justified in killing Lexi. How is one better than the other? And it has never been said that Damon is a softie. But he's not particularly more conniving or self-serving than most others on the show.


    I don't recall Bree being behind Elena's kidnapping. Her only involvement was calling Lexi's boyfriend. Elena went out of the bar to receive a phone call. It was Lexi's boyfriend who took the initiative to kidnap Elena. You think Bree's response to Damon's question about where Elena was was coordinated between Bree and Lexi's boyfriend? You think Bree and Lexi's BF had the time to hatch a plan?



    I think Lexi's boyfriend probably had an understandign with Bree that if Damon ever came there to let him know so he could kill him.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [71]May 2, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848
    jstitely1 wrote:

    Jacks_Son wrote:


    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Ah, nothing so innocent or noble on Bree's part. She had Elena kidnapped to lure Damon out and then Lexi's b/f attacked him. So everything was planned out. And Damon wasn't killing the people at that point. That TV presenter guy killed quite a few, which had really got the townsfolks freaked. I can't remember at this point who had turned the TV guy into a vampire though. See, the thing is, Bree feels justified trying to kill Damon. Damon feels justified in killing Lexi. How is one better than the other? And it has never been said that Damon is a softie. But he's not particularly more conniving or self-serving than most others on the show.


    I don't recall Bree being behind Elena's kidnapping. Her only involvement was calling Lexi's boyfriend. Elena went out of the bar to receive a phone call. It was Lexi's boyfriend who took the initiative to kidnap Elena. You think Bree's response to Damon's question about where Elena was was coordinated between Bree and Lexi's boyfriend? You think Bree and Lexi's BF had the time to hatch a plan?



    I think Lexi's boyfriend probably had an understandign with Bree that if Damon ever came there to let him know so he could kill him.



    As far as I remember, don't have the eppy with me at this moment, Bree tells Damon, before he kills her, that they intended to take revenge on him because he killed Lexi. She was unapologetic about her decision to betray him, the justification being that Damon was wrong to kill Lexi and deserved whatever came to him. Bree was Lexi's friend too and well-invested in revenge for her death.

    Plus all the reactions they show of Bree, making the surreptious phone call, the innuendos in her conversations with Elena, her putting vervain in her drink/food, etc. it definitely looked planned. They may not have expected him THAT PARTICULAR DAY, but as jst said, they were definitely ready for him whenever he'd have turned up. Plus he and Elena were there the whole day so I don't think 'time' per se was the problem.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jacks_Son

    Jacks_Son

    [72]May 3, 2010
    • member since: 11/29/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,074

    Okay, planned or not, were Bree and Lexi's BF's actions justified or not?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [73]May 3, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848

    Jacks_Son wrote:


    Okay, planned or not, were Bree and Lexi's BF's actions justified or not?


    I said long back that Bree is justified:
    gamrgrl007 wrote:


    Just an aside... didn't Damon gut Bree AFTER she double-crossed him and arranged to have him killed by Lexi's b/f? Working backwards, I suppose the argument will be that Damon shouldn't have killed Lexi to begin with.


    Damon killed Lexi (without a good enough reason) --> Bree & Lexi's B/f try to kill him --> Damon kills Bree.


    We've been so far discussing whether Damon was justified in killing Bree.


    Was Bree justified in trying to avenge Lexi's death? Absolutely.


    Even Elena, when asking Lexi's b/f not to kill Damon, puts forth the argument that just because Damon did something wrong / evil, does not mean he should, and says that "Lexi was good, and she liked you, and so you must be good too" or something to that effect.


    The only problem is, Bree knew that if she FAILED to get Damon killed, he'd kill her. So it was an end-game shot for her, and that unfortunately did not work out for her, because Lexi's b/f took off and left her unprotected after she stuck her neck out to help him avenge Lexi's death.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of madam_q

    madam_q

    [74]May 10, 2010
    • member since: 10/07/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 46

    Damon. No contest!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Natani

    Natani

    [75]Apr 4, 2011
    • member since: 06/23/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 31

    to jacks son on the why drawn to bad boys:::::according to the story Damon was the one lured into vamp dom without any say in it by his perfect goody two shoes brother, damon turned his back on the vamp dom thing until his brother coersed him into blooddrinking and evil so when you think about it stephan is equally the bad boy damon is. Only damon is doing it now and stephan did it first. Damon loves but has been through a lot and due to that he has a hard time trusting (stephan's fault btw). He will become good (if the story takes the same turn as the books)but I like the way he can be mean doing the right thing yet love, and be so conflicted. If you noticed he drinks from women with compelling but does not kill them anymore. BTW bad boys attract because (i speak for myself) as a female I have this urge to tame, having a footmat for a guy isn't as interesting, I know it's conflicting but exiting

    Edited on 04/04/2011 3:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CheckeredYcats

    CheckeredYcats

    [76]Apr 4, 2011
    • member since: 02/04/11
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 145

    At the beginning of the show I would have said Stefan (Thought Ian Somerhalder is GORGEOUS!) because Damon was a total d***. But now that you know their back story and you know why he's that way and he's actually trying now, I'm all for Damon!. He still has his moments but he's definitely my fave!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CortezDC

    CortezDC

    [79]Apr 6, 2011
    • member since: 02/22/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 56

    morgonstjarnan wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:


    What is with the whole, "Bad boys are sexy" thing? I don't get it. I'm a guy and cannot see what the attraction is to a guy that treats others like trash and is only concerned with himself. The guy is a psychotic killer; what's sexy about that? I can not see any redeeming virtue in the guy. Yes, he stroked Elena's hair. So what? He was in her bedroom stalking her.


    I have a very good friend who is into bad boys and you know what, her life has been Hell.


    Just ask yourself one question: Which would you rather be with, Angel, or Angelus?


    Sounds to me like you were the sweet, kind, and utterly BORING guy she went to when she needed to complain about her bad boy boyfriends, huh? A little bitter? Honestly, no, guys shouldn't be complete d***s, but to be fair, goody-two-shoes with no edge are about as interesting as watching paint dry. Same thing goes for girls.. who would ever be interested in Elena in real life? Yeah, she's hot, but she's SO boring and uptight and whiny. So until the universe turns upside down, the super-nice, super-safe guys are going to sit around being bitter on the Internet while someone else wins the girl.


    sounds to me like you're the girl without a boyfriend to speak of, so she critisizes others just to make herself feel good. It also tells me you haven't been in many relationships (at least healthy ones) if you think bad boys are cool, because they're dangerous. Just remember, Damon would kill you in a second without hesitation (your not Elena). And many guys, me for one, would like a girl like Elena. A lot of girls are too talkative or too bright and happy or **** but Elena is mellow and seems content and easy to please.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dec1964

    Dec1964

    [80]Dec 2, 2012
    • member since: 12/05/09
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 737

    Damon.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.