The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Who Agrees? *SPOILER ALERT*

Agumon1405

[1]May 11, 2013
    • level: 7

The show is losing its' touch. This season has been the worst season ever, and now Bonnie's dead. Bonnie was one of the few reasons I still watched the show. I have no faith in the CW anymore, they've been getting stupid with their shows ever since last year's great Secret Circle debacle...THAT ROYALLY peeved me off...I can't take this anymore. The CW has fallen greatly since after the days of renowned shows like Charmed, Gilmore Girls, Smallville and Supernatural. It's been getting worse. I remember three years ago, how I was captivated by the love story of Stefan and Elena, how Bonnie discovered her heritage, how Elena discovered Stefan was a vampire, all the spells that were cast, all the amazing plot twists; Catherine, Isobel, Klaus. The great empire that once was The WB and then later, The CW, has majorly fallen, taking shows like The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle with it. Sometimes I wonder how this network is still alive and how it takes pleasure in knocking off its amazing shows and turning the formerly glorious shows like TVD and reducing them to rubble. Daniel and Amy Palladino, along with Alexis Bledel, Lauren Graham, Holly-Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, Rose Mcgowan and all the other former greats that made this network what it is today would weep if they knew the tragedy it has become.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jstitely1

[2]May 11, 2013
    • level: 12

Agumon1405 wrote:

The show is losing its' touch. This season has been the worst season ever, and now Bonnie's dead. Bonnie was one of the few reasons I still watched the show. I have no faith in the CW anymore, they've been getting stupid with their shows ever since last year's great Secret Circle debacle...THAT ROYALLY peeved me off...I can't take this anymore. The CW has fallen greatly since after the days of renowned shows like Charmed, Gilmore Girls, Smallville and Supernatural. It's been getting worse. I remember three years ago, how I was captivated by the love story of Stefan and Elena, how Bonnie discovered her heritage, how Elena discovered Stefan was a vampire, all the spells that were cast, all the amazing plot twists; Catherine, Isobel, Klaus. The great empire that once was The WB and then later, The CW, has majorly fallen, taking shows like The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle with it. Sometimes I wonder how this network is still alive and how it takes pleasure in knocking off its amazing shows and turning the formerly glorious shows like TVD and reducing them to rubble. Daniel and Amy Palladino, along with Alexis Bledel, Lauren Graham, Holly-Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, Rose Mcgowan and all the other former greats that made this network what it is today would weep if they knew the tragedy it has become.

I agree that the show is losing its touch, however, you can't blame the Cw for that, especially since TVD was always a the cw show, it wasn't around during WB. It's Julie Plec's fault the show has went downhill. Yes, the cw has made some pretty poor choices regarding shows (like Beauty and the Beast), however, if you look at their slate for next year, a bunch of the new shows sound really really good.

Agumon1405

[3]May 11, 2013
    • level: 7
    jstitely1 wrote:

Agumon1405 wrote:

I agree that the show is losing its touch, however, you can't blame the Cw for that, especially since TVD was always a the cw show, it wasn't around during WB. It's Julie Plec's fault the show has went downhill. Yes, the cw has made some pretty poor choices regarding shows (like Beauty and the Beast), however, if you look at their slate for next year, a bunch of the new shows sound really really good.

After TVD ends I won't be watching another CW show. I'll be finishing up Smallville and Supernatural, I WON'T be watching any new ones

ionee24

[4]May 11, 2013
    • level: 32
    Agumon1405 wrote:
    Bonnie's dead. Bonnie was one of the few reasons I still watched the show.

Wait, Bonnie IS DEAD?!

Sci-FiLover22

[5]May 12, 2013
    • level: 3
    ionee24 wrote:
    Agumon1405 wrote:

Wait, Bonnie IS DEAD?!
    that what i just said.ive been away for alittle minute i must messed alot.b/c i love bonnie.im jus in shock right now

Super_Dooper

[6]May 12, 2013
    • level: 15
    Sci-FiLover22 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Agumon1405 wrote:

Wait, Bonnie IS DEAD?!
    that what i just said.ive been away for alittle minute i must messed alot.b/c i love bonnie.im jus in shock right now

Lol, spoilers were in the title, it's your own fault you looked. And Bonnie died in like, the last minute of the latest ep. She tried to bring back Jeremy and stuffed up Oh yeah, he is/was dead too.

ionee24

[7]May 12, 2013

Super_Dooper wrote:
    Sci-FiLover22 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Wait, Bonnie IS DEAD?!
    Lol, spoilers were in the title, it's your own fault you looked. And Bonnie died in like, the last minute of the latest ep. She tried to bring back Jeremy and stuffed up Oh yeah, he is/was dead too.
    When? How? Ok. Forget Jeremy for a minute: How did Bonnie die?

Did Damon put her up to this? Did Elena? Is it permanent? Is she a vampire/werepire/any other cop out ending in 'pire'. Is Bonnie coming back next season or not???

Edited on 05/12/2013 7:17am
    Edited 3 total times.

jstitely1

[8]May 12, 2013

ionee24 wrote:

Super_Dooper wrote:
    Sci-FiLover22 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Wait, Bonnie IS DEAD?!
    When? How? Ok. Forget Jeremy for a minute: How did Bonnie die?

Did Damon put her up to this? Did Elena? Is it permanent? Is she a vampire/werepire/any other cop out ending in 'pire'. Is Bonnie coming back next season or not???

No she was not put up to it. It was accidental. She got into dark magic this season, there was a big bad. She ended up dropping a veil to where all of the dead supernatural creatures were so that A.) she could kill silas, and b.) She could see Jeremy, who died in case you missed that. She then decided she wanted to bring him back permanently, her grams warned her against it, she didn't listen. The spell was too powerful for her. she wakes up as a spirit and sees her on body. Is it permanent? Who knows, maybe, maybe not.

chris17blue

[9]May 12, 2013
    • level: 10

While I agree that the show has fallen fast, this has been by far the worst season yet, THE CW is not to blame. It's Julie Plec's fault as she is the showrunner now, and she obviously isn't up to the job. The whole Silas non-sense, insonsistency, terrible storylines and terribad writing, giant plot holes, it's all her! I also blame the shippers for the "love triangle" and who Elena will pick. Personally, I could care less, but the writers pander to the shippers because they think they are the only fans worth catering to since they are more vocal or whatever.

So, yeah don't blame the network, it's not their fault. Also Secret Circle fans need to get over it. Show is dead and gone, and never returning. It was doing poorly in the ratings and it wasn't that good.

ionee24

[10]May 15, 2013
    chris17blue wrote:

While I agree that the show has fallen fast, this has been by far the worst season yet, THE CW is not to blame. It's Julie Plec's fault as she is the showrunner now, and she obviously isn't up to the job.

I would say The Vampire Diaries is, by far, the worst show on TV right now, sadly, that still makes it the best show the CW has to offer.

Super_Dooper

[11]May 17, 2013
    • level: 15

ionee24 wrote:
    chris17blue wrote:

While I agree that the show has fallen fast, this has been by far the worst season yet, THE CW is not to blame. It's Julie Plec's fault as she is the showrunner now, and she obviously isn't up to the job.

I would say The Vampire Diaries is, by far, the worst show on TV right now, sadly, that still makes it the best show the CW has to offer.
    You obviously liked the show at some point to check in on the forums. Question, having learnt that Bonnie died (and possibly other characters you hadn't known about) did you tune into the finale? What did you think? I thought it was amazing and can't wait to explore the new character dynamics, especially between Katherine and all the other characters now that she is
    ***SPOILER***

Dec1964

[12]May 17, 2013
    • level: 34

Not the season finale i was expecting, Jeremy is alive, Bonnie is dead, Silas is alive,

Katherine is human & Tyler is coming back. What a way to run this show into the ground.

Edited on 05/17/2013 5:03am

Dec1964

[13]May 17, 2013
    • level: 34

chris17blue wrote:

While I agree that the show has fallen fast, this has been by far the worst season yet, THE CW is not to blame. It's Julie Plec's fault as she is the showrunner now, and she obviously isn't up to the job. The whole Silas non-sense, insonsistency, terrible storylines and terribad writing, giant plot holes, it's all her! I also blame the shippers for the "love triangle" and who Elena will pick. Personally, I could care less, but the writers pander to the shippers because they think they are the only fans worth catering to since they are more vocal or whatever.

So, yeah don't blame the network, it's not their fault. Also Secret Circle fans need to get over it. Show is dead and gone, and never returning. It was doing poorly in the ratings and it wasn't that good.

Julie Plec deserves all the blame, yes i am angry the way this season ended.

johnmarlena422

[14]May 21, 2013
    • level: 16
    Idk why people are getting so bent out of shape about Bonnie - it's not like she's leaving the show. Yeah it's sad but she's still gonna be a series regular, she'll just be a ghost.

jstitely1

[15]May 22, 2013

johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Idk why people are getting so bent out of shape about Bonnie - it's not like she's leaving the show. Yeah it's sad but she's still gonna be a series regular, she'll just be a ghost.

and its not like she was ever used that much as an alive character except for when she was a plot device. Ironically, she will probably be used better and more often now.

johnmarlena422

[16]May 23, 2013
    • level: 16
    jstitely1 wrote:

johnmarlena422 wrote:

and its not like she was ever used that much as an alive character except for when she was a plot device. Ironically, she will probably be used better and more often now.

Definitely..Chances are she'll be on way more than she's ever been before

CharmedOneP391

[17]May 25, 2013
    • level: 19

ionee24 wrote:
    chris17blue wrote:

TVD is far from the WORST show on television. Try American Idol, X-Factor, Toddlers and Tiaras, Honey Boo Boo. At least this is scripted and has a few somewhat talented actors.

But also with that said, TVD is not the best show The CW has to offer. That title belongs to Supernatural, even entering it's 9th season.

Yeah I was pissed Bonnie died as well, and that they brought back Jeremy for the 100th time, basically taking a dump all over Elena's Season 4 character development. But as long as Kat Graham is a regular next season, I'm good. I'm also not a big fan of Tyler so bringing him back is a snore but Katherine becoming human is an interesting twist. Everything Silas' I just don't know about, he seems WAY to powerful even more so than Klaus.

jstitely1

[18]May 25, 2013

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    chris17blue wrote:

TVD is far from the WORST show on television. Try American Idol, X-Factor, Toddlers and Tiaras, Honey Boo Boo. At least this is scripted and has a few somewhat talented actors.

But also with that said, TVD is not the best show The CW has to offer. That title belongs to Supernatural, even entering it's 9th season.

Yeah I was pissed Bonnie died as well, and that they brought back Jeremy for the 100th time, basically taking a dump all over Elena's Season 4 character development. But as long as Kat Graham is a regular next season, I'm good. I'm also not a big fan of Tyler so bringing him back is a snore but Katherine becoming human is an interesting twist. Everything Silas' I just don't know about, he seems WAY to powerful even more so than Klaus.

keep in mind though, if the villians don't escalate, then their isn't going to be a real sense of danger because they had already gotten out a scarier villain.

ionee24

[19]May 30, 2013

Super_Dooper wrote:
    . Question, having learnt that Bonnie died (and possibly other characters you hadn't known about) did you tune into the finale?

No. Why bother? Bonnie was already dead anyway.

It's like finding out what happened to your favorite character without actually reading the book. Sorry it took so long to respond (I don't even come here anymore).

Edited on 05/30/2013 10:53am

LegendKiller87

[20]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 18

You wanna know why?It's because of that damn Klaus!If they killed him off like they planned,this season would've been better.But Noooo!They just had to keep him on.Not only is he killing the possibility of Tyler & Caroline ending up together,but I was bored to death this season.If Katherine was in it more than she was,it wouldn't have been such a failure.The only people that enjoyed this season were Delena & Klaroline fans.That's it.Season 2 was the last season that was booked perfectly from beginning to end.What's sad about me saying that is I'm a Forwood fan and Caroline was with Matt back then.Season 3 was good until they made the loophole to keep Klaus on.They made a season about finding ways to kill Klaus only to find out he can't be killed without the rest of them being killed along with him?WTF!