The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Who Should Elena End Up With?

who will she choose?

ligbs12

[41]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 2
    steffan
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thec0mebackman

[42]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 15
    after watching Bloodlines, i wouldn't mind if Damon ended up with Elena

pgsuperfan

[43]Jan 29, 2010
    • level: 25
    I say Stepan !!!

Dec1964

[44]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 33
    Stefan of course.

basicallybusted

[45]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 1
    I think the error is in the question. End up with?! Elena's 17. Do you know a lot of 'normal' people who successfully selected a life partner at 17? Add in blood, gore, and mystical happenings galore: this does not bode well for eternal happiness. I agree that she'll probably ping-pong between the brothers (though possibly only emotionally) but if Elena is actually as smart as everyone keeps trying to convince us she is...she won't hang all her hopes on the undead. Much less a man (or men) with such blatant, long-ranging issues whom she met when she was still a child.

thec0mebackman

[46]Feb 8, 2010
    basicallybusted wrote:
    I think the error is in the question. End up with?! Elena's 17. Do you know a lot of 'normal' people who successfully selected a life partner at 17? Add in blood, gore, and mystical happenings galore: this does not bode well for eternal happiness. I agree that she'll probably ping-pong between the brothers (though possibly only emotionally) but if Elena is actually as smart as everyone keeps trying to convince us she is...she won't hang all her hopes on the undead. Much less a man (or men) with such blatant, long-ranging issues whom she met when she was still a child.

umm, i think the real error is in your judgement. & hi, welcome to Earth. some people have met their love matches in highschool. my aunt/uncle met when they were 16. at 50+ they are still in love. so ...it's a possibility. & do you know anything about the show? it pretty much focuses on the romance between human & vampire. blunt much?

Lalita_

[47]Feb 10, 2010
    Damon! Stephan and Bonnie are more suitable.

Jacks_Son

[48]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 13
    Let me know if I've got this wrong: Elena loves Stefan; Stefan loves Elena; Damon loves Katherine. With that being said, how is there even a chioce?

thec0mebackman

[49]Feb 10, 2010
    ^ lol, you're right. but from what i hear, the books center around the love triangle. maybe something goes wrong between Damon & Katherine, & by season 2 Damon is fighting over Elena's love. Kevin Williamson said somewhere the show will definitely expand towards via love triangle, & also the town's history.

hot_babe101

[50]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 13
    she obviously ends up with stefan have you people not read the books?

thec0mebackman

[51]Feb 11, 2010
    ^ no sorry, not everyone reads. i don't like books. & besides the show already changed the blonde Elena into a sexier brunette i.e. Nina Dobrev. if they can change the lead, they most certainly can change the outcome of who Elena chooses. it can go either way, so all in all nobody knows who she'll end up with
    Edited on 02/11/2010 3:20pm

Lalita_

[52]Feb 12, 2010
    True, and, all books are'nt published yet.

chick2508

[53]May 1, 2010
    • level: 3
    Stefan for sure, I think Elena and Damon wouldn't work they are not compatible, I agree with one of the above comments, Elena has to be more like Catherine for it to work with Damon, he will get bored of her. At the moment its the thrill of the chase with Damon he loves the challenge of chasing after her and trying to wind stefan up but I think once he had her he would just use her and disregard her.

ionee24

[54]May 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    In the classic love triangle the girl always end up with the good guy so Vampire Diaries won't be any different.

angelust34

[55]May 1, 2010
    • level: 9

If writers of the show ever decide to show the true potential of the Damon's character and depth of the feelings he will gradually develop for the Elena, then at least they owe as much as to even try to make possible relationship between Elena and Damon work. I would like nothing more than that, there is so much more to Damon, then they are portraying him till now only as the bad guy, which is not even close to what he could offer to the show. So yes at the end I would love for D/E to end up together.

ionee24

[56]May 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Who knows? Maybe the show would surprise us like Lost did with their respective love triangles.

DegrassiFan619

[57]May 1, 2010
    • level: 10

hot_babe101 wrote:

*Spoilers*

Elena is a blonde in the books, she's super popular. She has no brother, but a young sister.

Vicki is a very minor character who gets pushed out of a window (I think, I can't remember.)

Bonnie is a Druid.

There is also no Meredith on the TV show.. YET. (I hear she will appear in season 2.)

*End Spoilers*

I'd say Elena could end up with a different bro, or neither.

Anyways, to answer the question: Who do I want Elena to end up with? Damon.

Who will she probably end up with? Stefan.

Edited on 05/01/2010 8:09pm

gamrgrl007

[58]May 2, 2010
    • level: 10

DegrassiFan619 wrote:

hot_babe101 wrote:

I agree that the series will probably not follow beyond the initial premise. The series is just 'based on characters created by L J Smith', not actually a 'serialisation of the book' in the true sense. A lot will be determined by viewer response because the writers are now making up the newer seasons as they go along. Something like Chuck and Blair on GG... that whole phenomenon is based on viewer response, because otherwise the love triangle is between Nate & Blair & Serena, which is what it started with, but has now totally diverged from.

As for the other question, Degrassi has quite accurately put forth the MOST LIKELY CONCLUSION at the very end of the series, whenever that happens, unless something super-super-dramatic happens (super-super-unlikely):

DegrassiFan619 wrote:

Anyways, to answer the question: Who do I want Elena to end up with? Damon.

Who will she probably end up with? Stefan.

jstitely1

[59]May 2, 2010
    • level: 12

[QUOTE="gamrgrl007"]

DegrassiFan619 wrote:

hot_babe101 wrote:

I agree that the series will probably not follow beyond the initial premise. The series is just 'based on characters created by L J Smith', not actually a 'serialisation of the book' in the true sense. A lot will be determined by viewer response because the writers are now making up the newer seasons as they go along. Something like Chuck and Blair on GG... that whole phenomenon is based on viewer response, because otherwise the love triangle is between Nate & Blair & Serena, which is what it started with, but has now totally diverged from.

As for the other question, Degrassi has quite accurately put forth the MOST LIKELY CONCLUSION at the very end of the series, whenever that happens, unless something super-super-dramatic happens (super-super-unlikely):

Yeah, I agree and even sometimes the book follows the show. Like in gossip girl, when the author saw everybody's response to Blair and Chuck she made them sort of an item in teh most recent book.

thec0mebackman

[60]May 27, 2010
    changed my mind after the finale. I want her to end up with Damon. two good people paired up is boring. one good, one bad is like hot & cold. positive & negative; the saying "opposites attract." Damon & Elena can have more fun with each other. but it bothers me how Ian is like 30 something & Nina's still 20.