The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Why does everybody want Elena with Damon and not Stefan?

  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [22]Nov 20, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771

    ionee24 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    tashina395 wrote:


    I dont know. I think everyone likes the idea of Delena, but i love Stefan and Elena. I am a die hard Stelena fan!


    i agree with this, i love damon and i love how delana are but i am all for stelana!!!! thats just the way its meant to be!
    Yeah I love Stefan and Elena too!!Just my opinion, Stefan and Elena's relationship is in TOO deep now. Their characters are too anchored to each other so it's almost impossible for them to be with anyone else
    I guess Elena could - eventually - settle down for a second best if she can't be with Stefan, I just don't think that second best is Damon (not by a long shot).
    d0brin wrote:
    I think Stefan should die... and Elena to be the one to kill him... and than Elena is with Damon and life is perfect otherwise as an answer to your topic... cuz Stefan is annoying ... :X at least for me...


    Granted, a lot of Delena fans think as much but, the way the love triangle was set up, the romantic tension between Damon and Elena was born solely because of Stefan's presence in their lives hence why Delena is so boring now that Stefan is not in the picture, even if its for a sort time period ...should that short time period would be permanent there's no doubt in my mind the tension would be completely gone.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [23]Nov 20, 2011
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Yeah I love Stefan and Elena too!!Just my opinion, Stefan and Elena's relationship is in TOO deep now. Their characters are too anchored to each other so it's almost impossible for them to be with anyone else, even as much as people like Damon and Elena together. I don't think there is even turning back to have a possibility for Stefan/Elena to be with anyone else.


    I used to ship D/E, I'm sort of out of that given the last two seasons. I really don't like S/E because they are dull as hell, sanctimonious and snobs about the 'higher plane' their relnship occupies. If they were more real, like Tyler / Caroline, or even Anna / Jeremy, who've shown that you CAN be committed yet balanced and realistic about the other person, I'd have genuinely liked them. The reason I like/d D/E is that their relationship is honest and there are CONSEQUENCES of their actions - of course, Damon has much more to apologise for given his constant screw-ups, but there have been moments when Elena has hurt Damon (like when they came back from Duke), and unlike Stefan, he doesn't excuse her insensitivity by linking it to his own faults, and they have an emotional honesty that is brutal and deeper than the superficial I-love-you-and-so-you-can-do-no-wrong-in-my-eyes. It's a REAL relnship, how things are in real life, where people have faults and even the best relnships - not just romantic ones - have serious issues to sort out. S/E is like a Mills & Boon novel, trite and unreal, which makes it a bore for me.

    But yes, I TOTALLY AGREE with your comment: Stefan and Elena's relationship is in TOO deep now.

    And yes, you can't mess with this or go back from here without total character assassination of Elena, AND Damon. Elena, of course, in too deep with Stefan. Damon, because he's getting Elena only since Stefan is mentally and now even physically absent from the scene - there is no WORST second best IMO. That would parallel that weirdo kiss Bella gave Jacob in front of Edward In Twi3... proves nothing and makes a mess!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [24]Nov 21, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    gamrgrl007 wrote:

    I used to ship D/E, I'm sort of out of that given the last two seasons. I really don't like S/E because they are dull as hell, sanctimonious and snobs about the 'higher plane' their relnship occupies. If they were more real, like Tyler / Caroline, or even Anna / Jeremy, who've shown that you CAN be committed yet balanced and realistic about the other person, I'd have genuinely liked them. The reason I like/d D/E is that their relationship is honest and there are CONSEQUENCES of their actions - of course, Damon has much more to apologise for given his constant screw-ups, but there have been moments when Elena has hurt Damon (like when they came back from Duke), and unlike Stefan, he doesn't excuse her insensitivity by linking it to his own faults, and they have an emotional honesty that is brutal and deeper than the superficial I-love-you-and-so-you-can-do-no-wrong-in-my-eyes. It's a REAL relnship, how things are in real life, where people have faults and even the best relnships - not just romantic ones - have serious issues to sort out. S/E is like a Mills & Boon novel, trite and unreal, which makes it a bore for me.

    But yes, I TOTALLY AGREE with your comment: Stefan and Elena's relationship is in TOO deep now.

    And yes, you can't mess with this or go back from here without total character assassination of Elena, AND Damon. Elena, of course, in too deep with Stefan. Damon, because he's getting Elena only since Stefan is mentally and now even physically absent from the scene - there is no WORST second best IMO. That would parallel that weirdo kiss Bella gave Jacob in front of Edward In Twi3... proves nothing and makes a mess!


    Even being a Stelena shipper, I DO admit that they can get boring at times, but i still stick with them. They just need to have a fight or something. LOL! Something to make tension and drama. Because we know at this point that as much as they might fight, they won't break up. They are THAT couple that will stay throughout the whole series.



    Yeah, it would ruin their characters so much that they would not even seem like the same people, and it would just seem "odd" for them to be with anyone but each other. Now that they have been together for 3 seasons now, you get used to it that way. The show is actually almost centered around them being an item. It is very different for other people like Caroline for example because she had short lived relationships. She had Damon for a bit, Matt for a period, then Tyler.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [25]Nov 21, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Even being a Stelena shipper, I DO admit that they can get boring at times, but i still stick with them. They just need to have a fight or something. LOL! Something to make tension and drama.

    Ok. keep in mind I'm not a shipper but I don't think Stefan and Elena are boring (not by a long shot), what they are is a steady couple and teenage shows tend to see those as boring unless the boyfriend is in a state of perpetual jealousy and/or the girlfriend in a state of perpetual bitchiness.

    If this were Buffy or the X-Files, then Stefan and Elena would be the it couple, since it's just a Twillight rip off in the CW network they are perceived as steady.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stanmorne

    stanmorne

    [26]Nov 23, 2011
    • member since: 02/05/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 298
    ionee24 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    tashina395 wrote:

    I dont know. I think everyone likes the idea of Delena, but i love Stefan and Elena. I am a die hard Stelena fan!



    i agree with this, i love damon and i love how delana are but i am all for stelana!!!! thats just the way its meant to be!


    Yeah I love Stefan and Elena too!!Just my opinion, Stefan and Elena's relationship is in TOO deep now. Their characters are too anchored to each other so it's almost impossible for them to be with anyone else


    I guess Elena could - eventually - settle down for a second best if she can't be with Stefan, I just don't think that second best is Damon (not by a long shot).
    Certainly NOT, he is the BESTEST BEST!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stanmorne

    stanmorne

    [27]Nov 23, 2011
    • member since: 02/05/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 298

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    d0brin wrote:
    I think Stefan should die... and Elena to be the one to kill him... and than Elena is with Damon and life is perfect otherwise as an answer to your topic... cuz Stefan is annoying ... :X at least for me...
    LOL Your post definitely gave me a giggle but I actually don't dislike Stefan at all or Stelena for that matter..I mean, Stefan has his annoying moments like every character but I've always loved both the brothers just in different ways and as far as Stelena, I do think they're cute they just don't interest me like Delena does. Do I prefer Stelena? Hell no lol but do I hate them- not at all.



    You read my mind! Well said. I was a DE shipper from the start of the show cuz I knew Damon(Ian Somerhalder)from LOST and was so happy to see him back on tv, so its been real long wait for DE(still waiting... propably might not happen. hehe) but I didn't hate SE since then. I also watched the new twilight yesterday and it really sucks they only beat TVD in the Wolf department hands down but everything else is fake vampire sh*t hehe. We are so used to TVD's rules like how to turn into vamp and so forth it was frustrating hehe.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HappyGirl818

    HappyGirl818

    [29]Nov 25, 2011
    • member since: 07/31/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 981

    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    Because they ruin each others character. Stefan and Elena do sooo much better when they are with just about any other character.



    This is my basic reasoning for not liking Stefan and Elena together. They bore me to tears. Stefan especially is much more enjoyable when he's not with Elena. They bring each other down. I just feel like Damon and Elena have a chemistry together that I don't feel between her and Stefan, but that's a subjective thing.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [30]Nov 26, 2011
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    stanmorne wrote:

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    d0brin wrote:
    I think Stefan should die... and Elena to be the one to kill him... and than Elena is with Damon and life is perfect otherwise as an answer to your topic... cuz Stefan is annoying ... :X at least for me...
    LOL Your post definitely gave me a giggle but I actually don't dislike Stefan at all or Stelena for that matter..I mean, Stefan has his annoying moments like every character but I've always loved both the brothers just in different ways and as far as Stelena, I do think they're cute they just don't interest me like Delena does. Do I prefer Stelena? Hell no lol but do I hate them- not at all.



    You read my mind! Well said. I was a DE shipper from the start of the show cuz I knew Damon(Ian Somerhalder)from LOST and was so happy to see him back on tv, so its been real long wait for DE(still waiting... propably might not happen. hehe) but I didn't hate SE since then. I also watched the new twilight yesterday and it really sucks they only beat TVD in the Wolf department hands down but everything else is fake vampire sh*t hehe. We are so used to TVD's rules like how to turn into vamp and so forth it was frustrating hehe.



    Yeah, I never really got into Twilight. Probably because I had been reading the TVD books long before the show debuted but still I never even watched the Twilight movies lol
    But yeah I think it really just matters what you look for in a couple. Some like the stability of a couple like Stelena where as I love the chemistry of a couple like Delena. For instance, if I wanted to know exactly what was gonna happen everyday in a relationship for the rest of it's longevity I'd be a SE shipper lol but I enjoy the journey of not knowing which is why I've always been so captivated by DE. Sure, they've gotten a little predictable LATELY but with them, the possibility for intrigue is still there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [32]Nov 26, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Yeah, I never really got into Twilight. Probably because I had been reading the TVD books long before the show debuted but still I never even watched the Twilight movies lol


    I think the main problem is that this show relies on the Twillight hype a little bit too much. It would one thing if Twillight'd still have 5 movies ahead of them, but its another, entirely different when this is the last one so, if The Vampire Diaries doesn't elaborate on its own story and soon, I don't see how viewers would give a damn beyond this season, once the hype is over.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [33]Nov 26, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    For instance, if I wanted to know exactly what was gonna happen everyday in a relationship for the rest of it's longevity I'd be a SE shipper lol but I enjoy the journey of not knowing which is why I've always been so captivated by DE.


    I don't see how Delena is anything more "unpredictable" than Stelena because this is a formulaic storyline: Damon and Elena are having the exact same dynamic Stefan and Elena were having back when Damon was "the bad boy" instead of Stefan. It's more like wishful thinking to pretend this is any different.


    To me, either Elena wants a relationship with a steady boyfriend or she wants to fool around with as many brothers/best friends asshe can find, because I can respect either posture as long as she doesn't pretend the men she's fooling around with would consider her a girlfriend.


    ...because it doesn't work that way.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [34]Nov 26, 2011
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Well like I said, I think DE have become predictable lately but they have the potential not to be as they weren't always where as with SE I have never seen them not be predictable but again that is just my view and I'm sure we all have very different ones lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WickedNix

    WickedNix

    [35]Dec 2, 2011
    • member since: 10/12/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 96

    One thing that separates Damon from Stephen is passion. Damon has it, S. doesn't.


    This may be heresy to most people, but I find E. way too whiny. She reminds me of the earlier version of the Lana character in Smallville.


    Damon deserves a passionate love interest. A constant challenge, which he would thrive on. Elena isn't it.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RuqeeD

    RuqeeD

    [36]Dec 3, 2011
    • member since: 11/15/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 84

    WickedNix wrote:


    One thing that separates Damon from Stephen is passion. Damon has it, S. doesn't.


    This may be heresy to most people, but I find E. way too whiny. She reminds me of the earlier version of the Lana character in Smallville.


    Damon deserves a passionate love interest. A constant challenge, which he would thrive on. Elena isn't it.




    I completely agree with you. I am not eager to see D and E because Damon definitely deserves better. I think Damon and Elena's camaraderie at the moment might possibly get ruined if they moved their relationship to the next level.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hell693

    hell693

    [37]Dec 4, 2011
    • member since: 09/23/11
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 323
    Yes I think Elena is better with Damon because her relationship with Stefan began because Stefan found someone who looks exactly like Kathrine but Damon fell in love with her because of her personality so they are perfect for each other.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [38]Dec 5, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771

    ionee24 wrote:
    I don't see how Delena is anything more "unpredictable" than Stelena because this is a formulaic storyline: Damon and Elena are having the exact same dynamic Stefan and Elena were having back when Damon was "the bad boy" instead of Stefan. It's more like wishful thinking to pretend this is any different.


    To me, either Elena wants a relationship with a steady boyfriend or she wants to fool around with as many brothers/best friends asshe can find, because I can respect either posture as long as she doesn't pretend the men she's fooling around with would consider her a girlfriend.



    ...because it doesn't work that way.

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Well like I said, I think DE have become predictable lately


    They have always been predictable that's the whole point, the only difference between Damon and Stefan is that Stefan was there first, it's the exact same story now that it's the Damon in the role of "steady boyfriend" and Stefan in the role of the "big bad vampire", Elena is bound to flirt with the one she doesn't have while at the same time lead on the one she does have.


    It's boring.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [39]Dec 7, 2011
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    ionee24 wrote:

    ionee24 wrote:
    I don't see how Delena is anything more "unpredictable" than Stelena because this is a formulaic storyline: Damon and Elena are having the exact same dynamic Stefan and Elena were having back when Damon was "the bad boy" instead of Stefan. It's more like wishful thinking to pretend this is any different.


    To me, either Elena wants a relationship with a steady boyfriend or she wants to fool around with as many brothers/best friends asshe can find, because I can respect either posture as long as she doesn't pretend the men she's fooling around with would consider her a girlfriend.



    ...because it doesn't work that way.

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Well like I said, I think DE have become predictable lately


    They have always been predictable that's the whole point, the only difference between Damon and Stefan is that Stefan was there first, it's the exact same story now that it's the Damon in the role of "steady boyfriend" and Stefan in the role of the "big bad vampire", Elena is bound to flirt with the one she doesn't have while at the same time lead on the one she does have.


    It's boring.



    You say it as if it's a fact..
    That's your opinion, we don't all share it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kitanishi

    Kitanishi

    [40]Dec 7, 2011
    • member since: 01/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 766
    I do not support either pairing. Elena has already ruined both characters and neither of pairings make any sense. Let's see:

    DE:
    - Damon raped and abused caroline for weeks.
    - Damon raped and abused jenna's friend for weeks.
    - Damon almost killed bonnie multiple times.
    - Damon snapped jeremy's neck IN FRONT OF ELENA.
    - Damon killed john(he got better but still).
    - He killed alaric dozens of times.
    - he shoved blood down elena's throat(of course that was right thing to do since elena is too dumb to live, but still, dick-move...)
    - HE BANGED HER MOTHER.
    - HE BANGED HER ANCESTOR TWIN.

    SE:
    - Unstable bloodaholic Steffie.
    - He munched on most of her ancestors.
    - He banged her identical ancestor twin.
    - Entirely self-righteous. - (even though its not Stefan who did that and it all will be whitewashed) killed half the usa on his road trip with klaus.

    No, just no.

    Give me some forwood and thats all. Elena, Damon, Stefan should just die or go away from the show and never return again
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.