The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Why does everybody want Elena with Damon and not Stefan?

  • Avatar of Leyton203

    Leyton203

    [340]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 03/29/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 10
    she fell for stefan because he came into her life at a really bad point, when she'd lost her parents, and was unhappy and she found out that he was a vampire therefore wouldn't die as easily as her parents did. (elena's words) damon snuck up on her, consumes her and got under her skin. and yes, she depended on him when stefan was gone. but it was essentially the same as what happened with stefan after her parents died. and she and stefandid NOT build a "relationship". they've barely gone out for what, 2 yrs? or something like that. and for a good portion of that time, he was either lying to her, fighting his addiction to blood, they were having to face danger at every turn, or he was gone with klaus. not a lot of opportunity to "build a relationship", if u get what i mean.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Leyton203

    Leyton203

    [341]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 03/29/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 10
    she fell for stefan because he came into her life at a really bad point, when she'd lost her parents, and was unhappy and she found out that he was a vampire therefore wouldn't die as easily as her parents did. (elena's words) damon snuck up on her, consumes her and got under her skin. and yes, she depended on him when stefan was gone. but it was essentially the same as what happened with stefan after her parents died. and she and stefandid NOT build a "relationship". they've barely gone out for what, 2 yrs? or something like that. and for a good portion of that time, he was either lying to her, fighting his addiction to blood, they were having to face danger at every turn, or he was gone with klaus. not a lot of opportunity to "build a relationship", if u get what i mean.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ciaBrysh

    ciaBrysh

    [342]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 03/30/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 28

    Yeah uhm, I decided to ship neither of them lol I am 100% an Elijah/Elena shipper because *they* make sense to me lol

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [343]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    ciaBrysh wrote:

    Yeah uhm, I decided to ship neither of them lol I am 100% an Elijah/Elena shipper because *they* make sense to me lol


    Truth to be told, Elijah is the only man who makes sense in Elena's life in my opinion, he's the only one who's neither trying to steal her from a brother nor trying to work his issues with her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [344]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    ionee24 wrote:
    ciaBrysh wrote:

    Yeah uhm, I decided to ship neither of them lol I am 100% an Elijah/Elena shipper because *they* make sense to me lol


    Truth to be told, Elijah is the only man who makes sense in Elena's life in my opinion, he's the only one who's neither trying to steal her from a brother nor trying to work his issues with her.


    Elijah's issues is his family and he is trying to work out his issues not caring too much on what effect it will have on Elena.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [345]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    Leyton203 wrote:
    she fell for stefan because he came into her life at a really bad point, when she'd lost her parents, and was unhappy and she found out that he was a vampire therefore wouldn't die as easily as her parents did. (elena's words) damon snuck up on her, consumes her and got under her skin. and yes, she depended on him when stefan was gone. but it was essentially the same as what happened with stefan after her parents died. and she and stefandid NOT build a "relationship". they've barely gone out for what, 2 yrs? or something like that. and for a good portion of that time, he was either lying to her, fighting his addiction to blood, they were having to face danger at every turn, or he was gone with klaus. not a lot of opportunity to "build a relationship", if u get what i mean.


    First of all, Stefan did not come into her life right after her parents died. He came into her life when she started school during a later semester. Also, she was already developing loving feelings for Stefan prior to finding out he was a vampire. It was those feelings that kept her with him once she found out his nature, not the fact that he would not die as easy being a vampire. Damon did not sneak up on her. He was there the whole time and she actually hated and feared him for the first two seasons. It wasn't until she developed the need for someone like Damon in her life to protect her that she began to see Damon in a different light. For two seasons, Stefan and Elena dated, shared feelings, experiences, debated ideas and concepts and you don't consider that the building blocks of a relationship??? For two years he was either lying to her, fighting his addiction to blood, they were having to face danger at every turn, or he was gone with Klaus??? Lying to her about what? Her looking like Katherine? LOL. Klaus wasn't even in the first two seasons and Stefan did not have to fight a blood addiction in the first two seasons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jstitely1

    jstitely1

    [346]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 471

    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Leyton203 wrote:
    she fell for stefan because he came into her life at a really bad point, when she'd lost her parents, and was unhappy and she found out that he was a vampire therefore wouldn't die as easily as her parents did. (elena's words) damon snuck up on her, consumes her and got under her skin. and yes, she depended on him when stefan was gone. but it was essentially the same as what happened with stefan after her parents died. and she and stefandid NOT build a "relationship". they've barely gone out for what, 2 yrs? or something like that. and for a good portion of that time, he was either lying to her, fighting his addiction to blood, they were having to face danger at every turn, or he was gone with klaus. not a lot of opportunity to "build a relationship", if u get what i mean.
    First of all, Stefan did not come into her life right after her parents died. He came into her life when she started school during a later semester. Also, she was already developing loving feelings for Stefan prior to finding out he was a vampire. It was those feelings that kept her with him once she found out his nature, not the fact that he would not die as easy being a vampire. Damon did not sneak up on her. He was there the whole time and she actually hated and feared him for the first two seasons. It wasn't until she developed the need for someone like Damon in her life to protect her that she began to see Damon in a different light. For two seasons, Stefan and Elena dated, shared feelings, experiences, debated ideas and concepts and you don't consider that the building blocks of a relationship??? For two years he was either lying to her, fighting his addiction to blood, they were having to face danger at every turn, or he was gone with Klaus??? Lying to her about what? Her looking like Katherine? LOL. Klaus wasn't even in the first two seasons and Stefan did not have to fight a blood addiction in the first two seasons.



    I agree with your main points , but some of your details are a bit off. Stefan did fight a blood addiction the first two seasons. REmember after he bit elena in 1x17 he goes a little crazy from that episode , until they lock him in the cage in 1x20 and he tries to commit suicide. In 2x05, he is seen wanting to drink human blood, but afraid he will go out of control, so elena says she will start feeding him hers. THose were examples of when he battled blood addiction. plus, elena did not hate damon. did she love him, no. but she didnt hate him, she even said in 1x14 she had an understanding of him, she knew hwy he did the things he did, she just never saw him in a romantic capacity until this season, which you have right.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [347]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    jstitely1 wrote:

    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Leyton203 wrote:
    she fell for stefan because he came into her life at a really bad point, when she'd lost her parents, and was unhappy and she found out that he was a vampire therefore wouldn't die as easily as her parents did. (elena's words) damon snuck up on her, consumes her and got under her skin. and yes, she depended on him when stefan was gone. but it was essentially the same as what happened with stefan after her parents died. and she and stefandid NOT build a "relationship". they've barely gone out for what, 2 yrs? or something like that. and for a good portion of that time, he was either lying to her, fighting his addiction to blood, they were having to face danger at every turn, or he was gone with klaus. not a lot of opportunity to "build a relationship", if u get what i mean.
    First of all, Stefan did not come into her life right after her parents died. He came into her life when she started school during a later semester. Also, she was already developing loving feelings for Stefan prior to finding out he was a vampire. It was those feelings that kept her with him once she found out his nature, not the fact that he would not die as easy being a vampire. Damon did not sneak up on her. He was there the whole time and she actually hated and feared him for the first two seasons. It wasn't until she developed the need for someone like Damon in her life to protect her that she began to see Damon in a different light. For two seasons, Stefan and Elena dated, shared feelings, experiences, debated ideas and concepts and you don't consider that the building blocks of a relationship??? For two years he was either lying to her, fighting his addiction to blood, they were having to face danger at every turn, or he was gone with Klaus??? Lying to her about what? Her looking like Katherine? LOL. Klaus wasn't even in the first two seasons and Stefan did not have to fight a blood addiction in the first two seasons.



    I didn't see those examples as fighting a blood addiction. I looked at that as being part of being a vampire and struggling with your urges. When Klaus fed him human blood and he could no longer control his desire to kill for human blood, then I considered that an addiction.


    I agree with your main points , but some of your details are a bit off. Stefan did fight a blood addiction the first two seasons. REmember after he bit elena in 1x17 he goes a little crazy from that episode , until they lock him in the cage in 1x20 and he tries to commit suicide. In 2x05, he is seen wanting to drink human blood, but afraid he will go out of control, so elena says she will start feeding him hers. THose were examples of when he battled blood addiction. plus, elena did not hate damon. did she love him, no. but she didnt hate him, she even said in 1x14 she had an understanding of him, she knew hwy he did the things he did, she just never saw him in a romantic capacity until this season, which you have right.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ciaBrysh

    ciaBrysh

    [348]May 15, 2012
    • member since: 03/30/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 28
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    ciaBrysh wrote:

    Yeah uhm, I decided to ship neither of them lol I am 100% an Elijah/Elena shipper because *they* make sense to me lol


    Truth to be told, Elijah is the only man who makes sense in Elena's life in my opinion, he's the only one who's neither trying to steal her from a brother nor trying to work his issues with her.


    Elijah's issues is his family and he is trying to work out his issues not caring too much on what effect it will have on Elena.


    But even then he mourns for her losses for her. In his own way, he is the only one that is truly concerned about her happiness. They work as a team since he doesn't see her as a damsel in distress like Damon and Stefan, he is mature and cannot compare her to the other dopplegagers even though he has known them all. His family is a stepping stone which is like how her issues with Damon/Stefan are her stepping stones. They just make so much more sense to me. They have a much higher spiritual connection, and an equal understanding of each other. I see your point though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [349]May 15, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    ciaBrysh wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    ciaBrysh wrote:

    Yeah uhm, I decided to ship neither of them lol I am 100% an Elijah/Elena shipper because *they* make sense to me lol


    Truth to be told, Elijah is the only man who makes sense in Elena's life in my opinion, he's the only one who's neither trying to steal her from a brother nor trying to work his issues with her.


    Elijah's issues is his family and he is trying to work out his issues not caring too much on what effect it will have on Elena.


    But even then he mourns for her losses for her. In his own way, he is the only one that is truly concerned about her happiness. They work as a team since he doesn't see her as a damsel in distress like Damon and Stefan, he is mature and cannot compare her to the other dopplegagers even though he has known them all. His family is a stepping stone which is like how her issues with Damon/Stefan are her stepping stones. They just make so much more sense to me. They have a much higher spiritual connection, and an equal understanding of each other. I see your point though.


    I see your point as well. Especially with their teamwork. Also, I think Elijah is a very honorable vampire that appears to be a man of his word and values his family above all. He seems to respect Elena's position and importance within his family's construct and future and wants to protect her because of this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stanmorne

    stanmorne

    [350]May 15, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 298
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ciaBrysh wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    ciaBrysh wrote:

    Yeah uhm, I decided to ship neither of them lol I am 100% an Elijah/Elena shipper because *they* make sense to me lol


    Truth to be told, Elijah is the only man who makes sense in Elena's life in my opinion, he's the only one who's neither trying to steal her from a brother nor trying to work his issues with her.


    Elijah's issues is his family and he is trying to work out his issues not caring too much on what effect it will have on Elena.


    But even then he mourns for her losses for her. In his own way, he is the only one that is truly concerned about her happiness. They work as a team since he doesn't see her as a damsel in distress like Damon and Stefan, he is mature and cannot compare her to the other dopplegagers even though he has known them all. His family is a stepping stone which is like how her issues with Damon/Stefan are her stepping stones. They just make so much more sense to me. They have a much higher spiritual connection, and an equal understanding of each other. I see your point though.


    I see your point as well. Especially with their teamwork. Also, I think Elijah is a very honorable vampire that appears to be a man of his word and values his family above all. He seems to respect Elena's position and importance within his family's construct and future and wants to protect her because of this.
    But then again he & Rebekah decided to kill her... Hehe. I didn't like that Rebekah did that because I liked the possibility of Damon & Rebekah if he can't be with elena, but after this they would never happen
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ciaBrysh

    ciaBrysh

    [351]May 15, 2012
    • member since: 03/30/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 28
    Honestly, I don't know that Elijah had anything to do with Elena's death. Rebeckah is *notorious* for acting impulsively and selfishly where as Elijah is known to plan ahead and think before he so much as takes a step. He vowed to save Elena's life by taking Klaus and leading Alaric away...running for the next say...100 years or more. That was his plan, so I do not believe he had anything to do with Elena;s death. In fact he knew that is not what she wanted and he told Damon once that "she will never forgive you for turning her, and forever is a long time for a vampire".

    I don't expect DG to be in the next season as much due to his new show airing June 7th but we shall see how the writers play this out and can only hope that they don't screw it up lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ciaBrysh

    ciaBrysh

    [352]May 15, 2012
    • member since: 03/30/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 28
    [QUOTE="MOSTCAPABLEONE"]
    ciaBrysh wrote:


    I see your point as well. Especially with their teamwork. Also, I think Elijah is a very honorable vampire that appears to be a man of his word and values his family above all. He seems to respect Elena's position and importance within his family's construct and future and wants to protect her because of this.

    IMO right now isn't the time for Elijah and Elena, he is too mature for her, and even though she does have an old soul, she is still so young. It was a godsend for the EE shippers out there when Elena was turned because it gave us all hope that you know...20 years from now...could be the perfect time lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stanmorne

    stanmorne

    [353]May 15, 2012
    • member since: 02/05/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 298

    ciaBrysh wrote:
    Honestly, I don't know that Elijah had anything to do with Elena's death. Rebeckah is *notorious* for acting impulsively and selfishly where as Elijah is known to plan ahead and think before he so much as takes a step. He vowed to save Elena's life by taking Klaus and leading Alaric away...running for the next say...100 years or more. That was his plan, so I do not believe he had anything to do with Elena;s death. In fact he knew that is not what she wanted and he told Damon once that "she will never forgive you for turning her, and forever is a long time for a vampire". I don't expect DG to be in the next season as much due to his new show airing June 7th but we shall see how the writers play this out and can only hope that they don't screw it up lol
    I see your point I thought she said they decided.. My bad hehe. what is his show's name?

    Edited on 05/15/2012 12:20pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ciaBrysh

    ciaBrysh

    [354]May 15, 2012
    • member since: 03/30/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 28
    lol she probably did say "they decided" but that doesn't mean much coming from Rebeckah. Who knows though you could be right. =) His show is called Saving Hope on NBC. It seems okay, in a way I hope it flops so he can make more appearances on VD haha
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MOSTCAPABLEONE

    MOSTCAPABLEONE

    [355]May 15, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,477
    ciaBrysh wrote:
    lol she probably did say "they decided" but that doesn't mean much coming from Rebeckah. Who knows though you could be right. =) His show is called Saving Hope on NBC. It seems okay, in a way I hope it flops so he can make more appearances on VD haha


    Agreed!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.