The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Why does everybody want Elena with Damon and not Stefan?

johnmarlena422

[60]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 16
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    angeland8 wrote:
    I don't root for Delena. Damon was so cool before this so-called love for Elena.
    The same time Stefan was annoying as hell, then he met Klaus, gor rid of Elena - he is the cool one now. Practically every guy who gets close with Elena becomes a pathetic wuss. How sad is that?!

That's because she doesn't allow them to be who they are, she always tries to mold them into something else- what she wants them to be.

LOL. You guys make me laugh.

Lol well it's true and I actually do like Elena but she has this very annoying habit of trying to change the men in her life. Up until recently. Stefan just did whatever she wanted him to and when Damon put up the tiniest bit of a fight and told her she couldn't turn him into Stefan, she looked she was suffering from severe constipation lol and the guys are partly to blame for that because they've humored her every whim so much in the past that now she walks around with a perpetual pout glued to her face, expecting to always get her way. It's actually kind of funny lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Justlikeheaven_

[61]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 33
    stanmorne wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:
    baby34girl wrote:

I think Damon and Elena might get together for a little while, but I believe Elena will always love Stefen more then she loves Damon. Elena and Stefen are just in to deep with each other.

That is the sad truth

Stefan and Elenas relationship is too anchored. There is really no getting rid of their relationship entirely. They can have as many distractions and other somewhat love interests, but they will still love each other, and will always end up back with each other, IMO.

Yup you are right, 2 season long relationship wouldn't just be for nothing. Stephan is still the same guy; just off his rocker... Same for Damon one day he'll do something that the old damon would have and probably lose elena and I believe Stephan will sort of return to his old self around that time. But for now i'll enjoy DE while it lasts hehe

Oh yeah, i will. I am just not as big of a fan of DE. lol so my brain keeps saying ahhhhh lol. Once they all figure out yet another plan to kill klaus, and succeed, stefan will be right back on the road of the stefan we have known for so long. As for Damon, he is definitely bound to bounce to the old damon ways of season 1.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[62]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 13
    I think that Damon's bad boy side appealed to a lot of people that like the bad boy image and it also appeals to Elena somewhat. However, now that Stefan is going to play the bad boy, and if does a good job of it, I think a lot of DE fans will become SE fans once again.

Justlikeheaven_

[63]Jan 9, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    I think that Damon's bad boy side appealed to a lot of people that like the bad boy image and it also appeals to Elena somewhat. However, now that Stefan is going to play the bad boy, and if does a good job of it, I think a lot of DE fans will become SE fans once again.

I think youre right. But i actually think that Damon did a better job of playing the bad boy EVEN though I like Stefan as the bad boy as well. It may be part of the fact that Damon was the bad boy first, and Stefan was the noble good guy at first and then it swapped. People tend to liike what is comfortable.

jstitely1

[64]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 12

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

see I disagree. the people who were only fans of de during the time damon was a bad boy, still hate stefan, people's views havent changed that much. and the de fans who like damon being nicer of course stick to de. the only thing i have seen bad stefan doing is causing alot of se fans to become de because they want a sweet relationship.

Justlikeheaven_

[65]Jan 9, 2012
    jstitely1 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

see I disagree. the people who were only fans of de during the time damon was a bad boy, still hate stefan, people's views havent changed that much. and the de fans who like damon being nicer of course stick to de. the only thing i have seen bad stefan doing is causing alot of se fans to become de because they want a sweet relationship.

I am one who is not up for DE. Sure, there are some moments that i may have been torn between liking SE or DE, BUT I still am sticking with SE despite Stefan being the "bad boy" type that he is this season. Even though Elena and Stefan aren't really "together", I prefer Stefan and Elena more than Damon and Elena that we are getting at the moment.

CheckeredYcats

[66]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 8

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

This is actually not true at all. A lot of fans are calling him Stefan the Rip-off. And a lot of SE fans (at least that I know) are changing to DE. Damon is still Damon, he can still be an ass and kick Stefan's, he's just gotten a softer side because he's grown as a character. The writer's seemed to be trying to turn Stefan into Damon and it's just not working. They're just pissing people off and losing fans.

And the answer to the thread question is: because the way the story is being written. Elena is better with Damon and it's been pretty obvious from the beginning that Elena isn't going to be with Stefan in the end. If Elena was going to end up with Stefan then there would have been no point really for all of Damon's character development and his tragic journey for him not to get the girl in the end. They aren't going to end the story where it began.

Justlikeheaven_

[67]Jan 10, 2012
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

And the answer to the thread question is: because the way the story is being written. Elena is better with Damon and it's been pretty obvious from the beginning that Elena isn't going to be with Stefan in the end. If Elena was going to end up with Stefan then there would have been no point really for all of Damon's character development and his tragic journey for him not to get the girl in the end. They aren't going to end the story where it began.

I disagree. Elena won't end up with Damon in the end. And i am not just saying that because i am a SE fan. USUALLY, When relationships in tv shows have a strong anchor to each other, they will basically stick together throughout the entire thing. With just small distractions (like right now). Stefan and Elena's characters are based on their relationship with each other, so Damon being in love with Elena really doesnt mean anything.

valbi1

[68]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 1
    I have to disagree with you too.I have to remind you of a show called "Dawson's Creek". Joey at the end ended up with Pacey. Stefan is Elena's first real love and it will always be like that, but true love is a whole other thing. damon and Elena have grown together as characters this season and it will be very hard for Elena after all the things Stefan has done.We know what is going to happen after Stefan decides to give Elena his blood to take revenge on Klaus.I think she don't love him anymore the way she used to do,and that's a fact,otherwise she would have never kissed Damon.Just get used to it and go on,I know it's hard for you.By the way Klaus fan so I'm impartial.

Justlikeheaven_

[69]Jan 10, 2012
    valbi1 wrote:
    I have to disagree with you too.I have to remind you of a show called "Dawson's Creek". Joey at the end ended up with Pacey. Stefan is Elena's first real love and it will always be like that, but true love is a whole other thing. damon and Elena have grown together as characters this season and it will be very hard for Elena after all the things Stefan has done.We know what is going to happen after Stefan decides to give Elena his blood to take revenge on Klaus.I think she don't love him anymore the way she used to do,and that's a fact,otherwise she would have never kissed Damon.Just get used to it and go on,I know it's hard for you.By the way Klaus fan so I'm impartial.

BUT in Dawson's creek, Joey and Dawson started out as "friends" not lovers. I still think that Elena will run right back to Stefan. The way i keep picturing it is once Stefan gets his humanity back, he will fight to get Elena back. I mean, I have never read the books, but if they are going anything like the book, I heard that Elena always goes back to Stefan.

CheckeredYcats

[70]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 8

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

I disagree. Elena won't end up with Damon in the end. And i am not just saying that because i am a SE fan. USUALLY, When relationships in tv shows have a strong anchor to each other, they will basically stick together throughout the entire thing. With just small distractions (like right now). Stefan and Elena's characters are based on their relationship with each other, so Damon being in love with Elena really doesnt mean anything.

Stefan & Elena aren't anchored to each other. That has been shown enough. If they were then they wouldn't let the things that have come up come between them and they wouldn't have been able to walk away from each other as many times as they have. They love each other, yes, but that is all. They haven't been themselves with each other from the beginning and JP has said that. They don't know who each other really are. They were a phase in each others lives. Stefan was trying to start over and be "good" and Elena had just lost her parents so they clung to each other. They blinded themselves with a fairytale love.

Damon & Elena are the ones that are now anchored. Their relationship is too deep. They both need each other. They have a friendship of understanding, trust, loyalty that goes much deeper than she had with Stefan. If the writers intended Elena to end up with Stefan then they would have made Damon and Elena's relationship about lust, want, attraction, etc. Yes, the attraction is there, but that's not what their relationship is about and they've shown this from the beginning. Quote from the book, "There was no world for her it there was no Damon in it."

The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away." Stefan and Elena have both walked away multiple times. Damon hasn't been able to walk away and neither has Elena, even with all the awful things that Damon has done. She should hate him, but she's not able to.

And like I said before, with everything they've done with Damon's character and since Stefan always gets the girl, what's the point if it ends with Stefan and Elena? Stefan and Elena were the start of the story, not the end.

That's also the same story as Twilight (minus the creepy baby/Jacob factor) and the writers will never be able to live it down. They won't go there. They are trying to differentiate from Twilight, that would be copying that basic story.

Justlikeheaven_

[71]Jan 10, 2012
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

Stefan & Elena aren't anchored to each other. That has been shown enough. If they were then they wouldn't let the things that have come up come between them and they wouldn't have been able to walk away from each other as many times as they have. They love each other, yes, but that is all. They haven't been themselves with each other from the beginning and JP has said that. They don't know who each other really are. They were a phase in each others lives. Stefan was trying to start over and be "good" and Elena had just lost her parents so they clung to each other. They blinded themselves with a fairytale love.

Damon & Elena are the ones that are now anchored. Their relationship is too deep. They both need each other. They have a friendship of understanding, trust, loyalty that goes much deeper than she had with Stefan. If the writers intended Elena to end up with Stefan then they would have made Damon and Elena's relationship about lust, want, attraction, etc. Yes, the attraction is there, but that's not what their relationship is about and they've shown this from the beginning. Quote from the book, "There was no world for her it there was no Damon in it."

The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away." Stefan and Elena have both walked away multiple times. Damon hasn't been able to walk away and neither has Elena, even with all the awful things that Damon has done. She should hate him, but she's not able to.

And like I said before, with everything they've done with Damon's character and since Stefan always gets the girl, what's the point if it ends with Stefan and Elena? Stefan and Elena were the start of the story, not the end.

That's also the same story as Twilight (minus the creepy baby/Jacob factor) and the writers will never be able to live it down. They won't go there. They are trying to differentiate from Twilight, that would be copying that basic story.

You make very good points, but i still do not think that Damon and Elena will end up together. You can have tv shows where couples are with each other at the beginning and the end. (One tree hill for example). The characters Nathan/Haley started out together from season 1 and are ending together. Despite everything you said, Elena is still almost undecided on what to do as far as Damon is concerned because she still loves Stefan. Her lingering feelings for Stefan might stop from DE getting romantically involved. (like being an actual couple).

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[72]Jan 10, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

I think youre right. But i actually think that Damon did a better job of playing the bad boy EVEN though I like Stefan as the bad boy as well. It may be part of the fact that Damon was the bad boy first, and Stefan was the noble good guy at first and then it swapped. People tend to liike what is comfortable.

Agreed. However, I am saying that from the trailers, it looks like Stefan is going to become an even more diabolical bad boy in the episodes to come. If he does a really good job of it, I think he will gain more SE fans again.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[73]Jan 10, 2012
    jstitely1 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

I wasn't referring to the DE fans before, now, or after. I was referring to the SE fans only. Many posters have also said that they grew tired of seeing SE based stories as their relationship seemed boring. They became DE fans since they like the excitement that Damon brought to the show. I am only referring to these fans who will see a more diabolical side of Stefan (even more so than Damon) in the next few episodes and I believe they will swing back to SE fans.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[74]Jan 10, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

You make very good points, but i still do not think that Damon and Elena will end up together. You can have tv shows where couples are with each other at the beginning and the end. (One tree hill for example). The characters Nathan/Haley started out together from season 1 and are ending together. Despite everything you said, Elena is still almost undecided on what to do as far as Damon is concerned because she still loves Stefan. Her lingering feelings for Stefan might stop from DE getting romantically involved. (like being an actual couple).

I disagree with most of his points. I don't think they clung to each other at all. They fell in love. They loved each other so much that they were willing to sacrifice time in their relationship to save their families, to improve their relationship and to get a better understanding of the evil forces around them. If that is not anchored, I don't know what is. IMHO Elena and Damon's one connection is Damon's strength. He has proven to be a strong character with kick butt on speed dial. This is the type of person Elena needs in her life right now as Stefan, her true love is emotionally unavailable to her right now. It's like Damon is the next best thing. I think Elena's attraction for Damon grew as the need for someone like Damon entered into her life. Also, The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away", does not apply to SE as even though he walked away, this was done for the protection of Elena, Damon, and their loved ones. It's not like he walked away and said, "Forget Elena, Damon, everybody...I don't love or want anybody anymore". In most tv shows, true love is always tested. This whole thing with Damon, the witches, and the first Vampires are a strong test for their relationship. But in tv land and in the end, true love always conquers all.

Justlikeheaven_

[75]Jan 10, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Agreed. However, I am saying that from the trailers, it looks like Stefan is going to become an even more diabolical bad boy in the episodes to come. If he does a really good job of it, I think he will gain more SE fans again.

I agree. And from what i see with Damon the past few episodes, he is not as badboy-ish as he used to be earlier in the show. I actually really liked Damon's character when he was all over mystic falls killing people and drinking their blood. lol. Now, i ask you now, since i was having a little debate going on with the other person;;; Do you think that Stefan and Elena will end up back together?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[76]Jan 10, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

I agree. And from what i see with Damon the past few episodes, he is not as badboy-ish as he used to be earlier in the show. I actually really liked Damon's character when he was all over mystic falls killing people and drinking their blood. lol. Now, i ask you now, since i was having a little debate going on with the other person;;; Do you think that Stefan and Elena will end up back together?

Indeed they will. IMHO. Damon, the first Vampires, the witches, and the Lycans are all a test for SE. They experienced true love and you know from most tv series true love always conquers all.

Justlikeheaven_

[77]Jan 10, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

But i still do not think that Damon and Elena will end up together. You can have tv shows where couples are with each other at the beginning and the end. (One tree hill for example). The characters Nathan/Haley started out together from season 1 and are ending together. Despite everything you said, Elena is still almost undecided on what to do as far as Damon is concerned because she still loves Stefan. Her lingering feelings for Stefan might stop from DE getting romantically involved. (like being an actual couple).

I disagree with most of his points. I don't think they clung to each other at all. They fell in love. They loved each other so much that they were willing to sacrifice time in their relationship to save their families, to improve their relationship and to get a better understanding of the evil forces around them. If that is not anchored, I don't know what is. IMHO Elena and Damon's one connection is Damon's strength. He has proven to be a strong character with kick butt on speed dial. This is the type of person Elena needs in her life right now as Stefan, her true love is emotionally unavailable to her right now. It's like Damon is the next best thing. I think Elena's attraction for Damon grew as the need for someone like Damon entered into her life. Also, The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away", does not apply to SE as even though he walked away, this was done for the protection of Elena, Damon, and their loved ones. It's not like he walked away and said, "Forget Elena, Damon, everybody...I don't love or want anybody anymore". In most tv shows, true love is always tested. This whole thing with Damon, the witches, and the first Vampires are a strong test for their relationship. But in tv land and in the end, true love always conquers all.

Totally and completely agree with you!!! I have been trying to prove that Stefan and Elena's relationship IS indeed anchored. You can tell. You have been able to tell since the beginning. And when a couple is so anchored and they are "in too deep" like they are, there is no going back on anything. As for Stefan walking away, yes, and even with Stefan the way he is at the moment, being compelled by klaus to not feel anything, HE still manages to feel something for the two people in his life that matter. Elena, his love, and Damon, his brother. Elena may be Damon's true love, but on Elena's part, Stefan is her true love, AND as you said very nicely, TRUE LOVE conquers ALL! Even distractions like being attracted to his brother.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[78]Jan 10, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Ironically, it is Elena's love for Stefan and his temporarily being emotionally and physically unavailable which gave birth to DE. The times have dictated that Elena needs someone to fall back on. Bonnie has for the most part been unreliable, Elena's brother is going out of town for good and wasnt really their for Elena before, Alaric is going through ring issues and mostly everyone else is either dead or deadish...lol. Damon is the only one left for her to really lean on and they don't see eye to eye on even the most basic things. As issues begin to sort themselves out, I can see DE fading out.

Justlikeheaven_

[79]Jan 10, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Ironically, it is Elena's love for Stefan and his temporarily being emotionally and physically unavailable which gave birth to DE. The times have dictated that Elena needs someone to fall back on. Bonnie has for the most part been unreliable, Elena's brother is going out of town for good and wasnt really their for Elena before, Alaric is going through ring issues and mostly everyone else is either dead or deadish...lol. Damon is the only one left for her to really lean on and they don't see eye to eye on even the most basic things. As issues begin to sort themselves out, I can see DE fading out.

Yeah, that is how i feel too. Because once klaus is killed, his compulsion will wear off. And even if Klaus isn't killed, Klaus' compulsion for Stefan will eventually switch off somehow, and when Stefan's humanity is back, everything will fall into place. It may take some healing after that long with no emotion, but i keep picturing Stefan fighting to get Elena back and once she realizes that he is there for her, she will run straight back to him.