The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Why does everybody want Elena with Damon and not Stefan?

  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [80]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    And the answer to the thread question is: because the way the story is being written. Elena is better with Damon and it's been pretty obvious from the beginning that Elena isn't going to be with Stefan in the end. If Elena was going to end up with Stefan then there would have been no point really for all of Damon's character development and his tragic journey for him not to get the girl in the end. They aren't going to end the story where it began.


    I disagree. Elena won't end up with Damon in the end. And i am not just saying that because i am a SE fan. USUALLY, When relationships in tv shows have a strong anchor to each other, they will basically stick together throughout the entire thing. With just small distractions (like right now). Stefan and Elena's characters are based on their relationship with each other, so Damon being in love with Elena really doesnt mean anything.


    Stefan & Elena aren't anchored to each other. That has been shown enough. If they were then they wouldn't let the things that have come up come between them and they wouldn't have been able to walk away from each other as many times as they have. They love each other, yes, but that is all. They haven't been themselves with each other from the beginning and JP has said that. They don't know who each other really are. They were a phase in each others lives. Stefan was trying to start over and be "good" and Elena had just lost her parents so they clung to each other. They blinded themselves with a fairytale love.


    Damon & Elena are the ones that are now anchored. Their relationship is too deep. They both need each other. They have a friendship of understanding, trust, loyalty that goes much deeper than she had with Stefan. If the writers intended Elena to end up with Stefan then they would have made Damon and Elena's relationship about lust, want, attraction, etc. Yes, the attraction is there, but that's not what their relationship is about and they've shown this from the beginning. Quote from the book, "There was no world for her it there was no Damon in it."


    The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away." Stefan and Elena have both walked away multiple times. Damon hasn't been able to walk away and neither has Elena, even with all the awful things that Damon has done. She should hate him, but she's not able to.


    And like I said before, with everything they've done with Damon's character and since Stefan always gets the girl, what's the point if it ends with Stefan and Elena? Stefan and Elena were the start of the story, not the end.


    That's also the same story as Twilight (minus the creepy baby/Jacob factor) and the writers will never be able to live it down. They won't go there. They are trying to differentiate from Twilight, that would be copying that basic story.



    But i still do not think that Damon and Elena will end up together. You can have tv shows where couples are with each other at the beginning and the end. (One tree hill for example). The characters Nathan/Haley started out together from season 1 and are ending together. Despite everything you said, Elena is still almost undecided on what to do as far as Damon is concerned because she still loves Stefan. Her lingering feelings for Stefan might stop from DE getting romantically involved. (like being an actual couple).


    I disagree with most of his points. I don't think they clung to each other at all. They fell in love. They loved each other so much that they were willing to sacrifice time in their relationship to save their families, to improve their relationship and to get a better understanding of the evil forces around them. If that is not anchored, I don't know what is. IMHO Elena and Damon's one connection is Damon's strength. He has proven to be a strong character with kick butt on speed dial. This is the type of person Elena needs in her life right now as Stefan, her true love is emotionally unavailable to her right now. It's like Damon is the next best thing. I think Elena's attraction for Damon grew as the need for someone like Damon entered into her life. Also, The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away", does not apply to SE as even though he walked away, this was done for the protection of Elena, Damon, and their loved ones. It's not like he walked away and said, "Forget Elena, Damon, everybody...I don't love or want anybody anymore". In most tv shows, true love is always tested. This whole thing with Damon, the witches, and the first Vampires are a strong test for their relationship. But in tv land and in the end, true love always conquers all.


    Totally and completely agree with you!!! I have been trying to prove that Stefan and Elena's relationship IS indeed anchored. You can tell. You have been able to tell since the beginning. And when a couple is so anchored and they are "in too deep" like they are, there is no going back on anything. As for Stefan walking away, yes, and even with Stefan the way he is at the moment, being compelled by klaus to not feel anything, HE still manages to feel something for the two people in his life that matter. Elena, his love, and Damon, his brother. Elena may be Damon's true love, but on Elena's part, Stefan is her true love, AND as you said very nicely, TRUE LOVE conquers ALL! Even distractions like being attracted to his brother.


    Not to poke my nose in or anything lol but I'd just like to point out that Stefan is no longer under Klaus's compulsion. Klaus lifted it the night of the showdown, right after Stefan saved his life. Now, it can definitely be argued that Stefan may be having a difficult time turning his humanity back on since then but it's not because of Klaus's compulsion because Stefan is no longer being compelled.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [81]Jan 10, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    I think that Damon's bad boy side appealed to a lot of people that like the bad boy image and it also appeals to Elena somewhat. However, now that Stefan is going to play the bad boy, and if does a good job of it, I think a lot of DE fans will become SE fans once again.


    I think youre right. But i actually think that Damon did a better job of playing the bad boy EVEN though I like Stefan as the bad boy as well. It may be part of the fact that Damon was the bad boy first, and Stefan was the noble good guy at first and then it swapped. People tend to liike what is comfortable.


    Agreed. However, I am saying that from the trailers, it looks like Stefan is going to become an even more diabolical bad boy in the episodes to come. If he does a really good job of it, I think he will gain more SE fans again.


    I agree. And from what i see with Damon the past few episodes, he is not as badboy-ish as he used to be earlier in the show. I actually really liked Damon's character when he was all over mystic falls killing people and drinking their blood. lol. Now, i ask you now, since i was having a little debate going on with the other person;;; Do you think that Stefan and Elena will end up back together?


    Ironically, it is Elena's love for Stefan and his temporarily being emotionally and physically unavailable which gave birth to DE. The times have dictated that Elena needs someone to fall back on. Bonnie has for the most part been unreliable, Elena's brother is going out of town for good and wasnt really their for Elena before, Alaric is going through ring issues and mostly everyone else is either dead or deadish...lol. Damon is the only one left for her to really lean on and they don't see eye to eye on even the most basic things. As issues begin to sort themselves out, I can see DE fading out.


    Yeah, that is how i feel too. Because once klaus is killed, his compulsion will wear off. And even if Klaus isn't killed, Klaus' compulsion for Stefan will eventually switch off somehow, and when Stefan's humanity is back, everything will fall into place. It may take some healing after that long with no emotion, but i keep picturing Stefan fighting to get Elena back and once she realizes that he is there for her, she will run straight back to him.


    Again, what compulsion?? LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CheckeredYcats

    CheckeredYcats

    [82]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 02/04/11
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 145

    Yeah, Stefan isn't compelled anymore. He could have went back to Elena and she would have welcomed him with welcome arms... but he didn't. He chose revenge over her. The walking away part, I wasn't referring to when he went with Klaus to save his brother, he did choose his brother over his girl, but that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about ALL the other times. Mostly 3.09, but there's several other times in s1&2.


    If my other points aren't believable then how about the fans? The majority of fans are on team "delena". The writers aren't going to go against and piss off most of there viewers. That would end with the show getting bad reviews. That's not what they will go for, that's show suicide.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [83]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    He was freed from his compulsion to do everything that klaus said, but if you remember, Stefan was compelled to turn his humanity off. That part of his compulsion was Stefan was not freed from. He has not been told by klaus to turn his humanity back on. In the "Homecoming" episode, klaus haD just SPECIFICALLY said that he was free from doing whatever he told him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [84]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    And the answer to the thread question is: because the way the story is being written. Elena is better with Damon and it's been pretty obvious from the beginning that Elena isn't going to be with Stefan in the end. If Elena was going to end up with Stefan then there would have been no point really for all of Damon's character development and his tragic journey for him not to get the girl in the end. They aren't going to end the story where it began.


    I disagree. Elena won't end up with Damon in the end. And i am not just saying that because i am a SE fan. USUALLY, When relationships in tv shows have a strong anchor to each other, they will basically stick together throughout the entire thing. With just small distractions (like right now). Stefan and Elena's characters are based on their relationship with each other, so Damon being in love with Elena really doesnt mean anything.


    Stefan & Elena aren't anchored to each other. That has been shown enough. If they were then they wouldn't let the things that have come up come between them and they wouldn't have been able to walk away from each other as many times as they have. They love each other, yes, but that is all. They haven't been themselves with each other from the beginning and JP has said that. They don't know who each other really are. They were a phase in each others lives. Stefan was trying to start over and be "good" and Elena had just lost her parents so they clung to each other. They blinded themselves with a fairytale love.


    Damon & Elena are the ones that are now anchored. Their relationship is too deep. They both need each other. They have a friendship of understanding, trust, loyalty that goes much deeper than she had with Stefan. If the writers intended Elena to end up with Stefan then they would have made Damon and Elena's relationship about lust, want, attraction, etc. Yes, the attraction is there, but that's not what their relationship is about and they've shown this from the beginning. Quote from the book, "There was no world for her it there was no Damon in it."


    The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away." Stefan and Elena have both walked away multiple times. Damon hasn't been able to walk away and neither has Elena, even with all the awful things that Damon has done. She should hate him, but she's not able to.


    And like I said before, with everything they've done with Damon's character and since Stefan always gets the girl, what's the point if it ends with Stefan and Elena? Stefan and Elena were the start of the story, not the end.


    That's also the same story as Twilight (minus the creepy baby/Jacob factor) and the writers will never be able to live it down. They won't go there. They are trying to differentiate from Twilight, that would be copying that basic story.


    But i still do not think that Damon and Elena will end up together. You can have tv shows where couples are with each other at the beginning and the end. (One tree hill for example). The characters Nathan/Haley started out together from season 1 and are ending together. Despite everything you said, Elena is still almost undecided on what to do as far as Damon is concerned because she still loves Stefan. Her lingering feelings for Stefan might stop from DE getting romantically involved. (like being an actual couple).
    I disagree with most of his points. I don't think they clung to each other at all. They fell in love. They loved each other so much that they were willing to sacrifice time in their relationship to save their families, to improve their relationship and to get a better understanding of the evil forces around them. If that is not anchored, I don't know what is. IMHO Elena and Damon's one connection is Damon's strength. He has proven to be a strong character with kick butt on speed dial. This is the type of person Elena needs in her life right now as Stefan, her true love is emotionally unavailable to her right now. It's like Damon is the next best thing. I think Elena's attraction for Damon grew as the need for someone like Damon entered into her life. Also, The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away", does not apply to SE as even though he walked away, this was done for the protection of Elena, Damon, and their loved ones. It's not like he walked away and said, "Forget Elena, Damon, everybody...I don't love or want anybody anymore". In most tv shows, true love is always tested. This whole thing with Damon, the witches, and the first Vampires are a strong test for their relationship. But in tv land and in the end, true love always conquers all.
    Totally and completely agree with you!!! I have been trying to prove that Stefan and Elena's relationship IS indeed anchored. You can tell. You have been able to tell since the beginning. And when a couple is so anchored and they are "in too deep" like they are, there is no going back on anything. As for Stefan walking away, yes, and even with Stefan the way he is at the moment, being compelled by klaus to not feel anything, HE still manages to feel something for the two people in his life that matter. Elena, his love, and Damon, his brother. Elena may be Damon's true love, but on Elena's part, Stefan is her true love, AND as you said very nicely, TRUE LOVE conquers ALL! Even distractions like being attracted to his brother.
    Not to poke my nose in or anything lol but I'd just like to point out that Stefan is no longer under Klaus's compulsion. Klaus lifted it the night of the showdown, right after Stefan saved his life. Now, it can definitely be argued that Stefan may be having a difficult time turning his humanity back on since then but it's not because of Klaus's compulsion because Stefan is no longer being compelled.


    I am notgoing to havedebate over this, but i know that Stefan was freed from his compulsion from klaus. I know that. But i was under the impression that because klaus COMPPELLED stefan to turn his humanity off and stefan didn't do that on his own that his humanity was still switched off because of klaus. IN 3x09, klaus had said ONLY that stefan was now free from doing what klaus told him. NOT anything about allowing his humanity to be switched back on.

    Edited on 01/11/2012 6:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jstitely1

    jstitely1

    [85]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 471

    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:


    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    And the answer to the thread question is: because the way the story is being written. Elena is better with Damon and it's been pretty obvious from the beginning that Elena isn't going to be with Stefan in the end. If Elena was going to end up with Stefan then there would have been no point really for all of Damon's character development and his tragic journey for him not to get the girl in the end. They aren't going to end the story where it began.


    I disagree. Elena won't end up with Damon in the end. And i am not just saying that because i am a SE fan. USUALLY, When relationships in tv shows have a strong anchor to each other, they will basically stick together throughout the entire thing. With just small distractions (like right now). Stefan and Elena's characters are based on their relationship with each other, so Damon being in love with Elena really doesnt mean anything.


    Stefan & Elena aren't anchored to each other. That has been shown enough. If they were then they wouldn't let the things that have come up come between them and they wouldn't have been able to walk away from each other as many times as they have. They love each other, yes, but that is all. They haven't been themselves with each other from the beginning and JP has said that. They don't know who each other really are. They were a phase in each others lives. Stefan was trying to start over and be "good" and Elena had just lost her parents so they clung to each other. They blinded themselves with a fairytale love.


    Damon & Elena are the ones that are now anchored. Their relationship is too deep. They both need each other. They have a friendship of understanding, trust, loyalty that goes much deeper than she had with Stefan. If the writers intended Elena to end up with Stefan then they would have made Damon and Elena's relationship about lust, want, attraction, etc. Yes, the attraction is there, but that's not what their relationship is about and they've shown this from the beginning. Quote from the book, "There was no world for her it there was no Damon in it."


    The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away." Stefan and Elena have both walked away multiple times. Damon hasn't been able to walk away and neither has Elena, even with all the awful things that Damon has done. She should hate him, but she's not able to.


    And like I said before, with everything they've done with Damon's character and since Stefan always gets the girl, what's the point if it ends with Stefan and Elena? Stefan and Elena were the start of the story, not the end.


    That's also the same story as Twilight (minus the creepy baby/Jacob factor) and the writers will never be able to live it down. They won't go there. They are trying to differentiate from Twilight, that would be copying that basic story.


    But i still do not think that Damon and Elena will end up together. You can have tv shows where couples are with each other at the beginning and the end. (One tree hill for example). The characters Nathan/Haley started out together from season 1 and are ending together. Despite everything you said, Elena is still almost undecided on what to do as far as Damon is concerned because she still loves Stefan. Her lingering feelings for Stefan might stop from DE getting romantically involved. (like being an actual couple).
    I disagree with most of his points. I don't think they clung to each other at all. They fell in love. They loved each other so much that they were willing to sacrifice time in their relationship to save their families, to improve their relationship and to get a better understanding of the evil forces around them. If that is not anchored, I don't know what is. IMHO Elena and Damon's one connection is Damon's strength. He has proven to be a strong character with kick butt on speed dial. This is the type of person Elena needs in her life right now as Stefan, her true love is emotionally unavailable to her right now. It's like Damon is the next best thing. I think Elena's attraction for Damon grew as the need for someone like Damon entered into her life. Also, The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away", does not apply to SE as even though he walked away, this was done for the protection of Elena, Damon, and their loved ones. It's not like he walked away and said, "Forget Elena, Damon, everybody...I don't love or want anybody anymore". In most tv shows, true love is always tested. This whole thing with Damon, the witches, and the first Vampires are a strong test for their relationship. But in tv land and in the end, true love always conquers all.
    Totally and completely agree with you!!! I have been trying to prove that Stefan and Elena's relationship IS indeed anchored. You can tell. You have been able to tell since the beginning. And when a couple is so anchored and they are "in too deep" like they are, there is no going back on anything. As for Stefan walking away, yes, and even with Stefan the way he is at the moment, being compelled by klaus to not feel anything, HE still manages to feel something for the two people in his life that matter. Elena, his love, and Damon, his brother. Elena may be Damon's true love, but on Elena's part, Stefan is her true love, AND as you said very nicely, TRUE LOVE conquers ALL! Even distractions like being attracted to his brother.
    Not to poke my nose in or anything lol but I'd just like to point out that Stefan is no longer under Klaus's compulsion. Klaus lifted it the night of the showdown, right after Stefan saved his life. Now, it can definitely be argued that Stefan may be having a difficult time turning his humanity back on since then but it's not because of Klaus's compulsion because Stefan is no longer being compelled.


    I am notgoing to havedebate over this, but i know that Stefan was freed from his compulsion from klaus. I know that. But i was under the impression that because klaus COMPPELLED stefan to turn his humanity off and stefan didn't do that on his own that his humanity was still switched off because of klaus. IN 3x09, klaus had said ONLY that stefan was now free from doing what klaus told him. NOT anything about allowing his humanity to be switched back on.



    see i have an issue with the fact that in season 2 rose said that humanity wasn't really an off on switch, something that was always there you just had to choose to recognize it, so i feel it would fall under when klaus freed stefan to have his choices back, stefan would get his humanity back if he so wished it

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [86]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    And the answer to the thread question is: because the way the story is being written. Elena is better with Damon and it's been pretty obvious from the beginning that Elena isn't going to be with Stefan in the end. If Elena was going to end up with Stefan then there would have been no point really for all of Damon's character development and his tragic journey for him not to get the girl in the end. They aren't going to end the story where it began.


    I disagree. Elena won't end up with Damon in the end. And i am not just saying that because i am a SE fan. USUALLY, When relationships in tv shows have a strong anchor to each other, they will basically stick together throughout the entire thing. With just small distractions (like right now). Stefan and Elena's characters are based on their relationship with each other, so Damon being in love with Elena really doesnt mean anything.


    Stefan & Elena aren't anchored to each other. That has been shown enough. If they were then they wouldn't let the things that have come up come between them and they wouldn't have been able to walk away from each other as many times as they have. They love each other, yes, but that is all. They haven't been themselves with each other from the beginning and JP has said that. They don't know who each other really are. They were a phase in each others lives. Stefan was trying to start over and be "good" and Elena had just lost her parents so they clung to each other. They blinded themselves with a fairytale love.


    Damon & Elena are the ones that are now anchored. Their relationship is too deep. They both need each other. They have a friendship of understanding, trust, loyalty that goes much deeper than she had with Stefan. If the writers intended Elena to end up with Stefan then they would have made Damon and Elena's relationship about lust, want, attraction, etc. Yes, the attraction is there, but that's not what their relationship is about and they've shown this from the beginning. Quote from the book, "There was no world for her it there was no Damon in it."


    The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away." Stefan and Elena have both walked away multiple times. Damon hasn't been able to walk away and neither has Elena, even with all the awful things that Damon has done. She should hate him, but she's not able to.


    And like I said before, with everything they've done with Damon's character and since Stefan always gets the girl, what's the point if it ends with Stefan and Elena? Stefan and Elena were the start of the story, not the end.


    That's also the same story as Twilight (minus the creepy baby/Jacob factor) and the writers will never be able to live it down. They won't go there. They are trying to differentiate from Twilight, that would be copying that basic story.


    But i still do not think that Damon and Elena will end up together. You can have tv shows where couples are with each other at the beginning and the end. (One tree hill for example). The characters Nathan/Haley started out together from season 1 and are ending together. Despite everything you said, Elena is still almost undecided on what to do as far as Damon is concerned because she still loves Stefan. Her lingering feelings for Stefan might stop from DE getting romantically involved. (like being an actual couple).
    I disagree with most of his points. I don't think they clung to each other at all. They fell in love. They loved each other so much that they were willing to sacrifice time in their relationship to save their families, to improve their relationship and to get a better understanding of the evil forces around them. If that is not anchored, I don't know what is. IMHO Elena and Damon's one connection is Damon's strength. He has proven to be a strong character with kick butt on speed dial. This is the type of person Elena needs in her life right now as Stefan, her true love is emotionally unavailable to her right now. It's like Damon is the next best thing. I think Elena's attraction for Damon grew as the need for someone like Damon entered into her life. Also, The line from s1, "When it's real, you can't walk away", does not apply to SE as even though he walked away, this was done for the protection of Elena, Damon, and their loved ones. It's not like he walked away and said, "Forget Elena, Damon, everybody...I don't love or want anybody anymore". In most tv shows, true love is always tested. This whole thing with Damon, the witches, and the first Vampires are a strong test for their relationship. But in tv land and in the end, true love always conquers all.
    Totally and completely agree with you!!! I have been trying to prove that Stefan and Elena's relationship IS indeed anchored. You can tell. You have been able to tell since the beginning. And when a couple is so anchored and they are "in too deep" like they are, there is no going back on anything. As for Stefan walking away, yes, and even with Stefan the way he is at the moment, being compelled by klaus to not feel anything, HE still manages to feel something for the two people in his life that matter. Elena, his love, and Damon, his brother. Elena may be Damon's true love, but on Elena's part, Stefan is her true love, AND as you said very nicely, TRUE LOVE conquers ALL! Even distractions like being attracted to his brother.
    Not to poke my nose in or anything lol but I'd just like to point out that Stefan is no longer under Klaus's compulsion. Klaus lifted it the night of the showdown, right after Stefan saved his life. Now, it can definitely be argued that Stefan may be having a difficult time turning his humanity back on since then but it's not because of Klaus's compulsion because Stefan is no longer being compelled.


    I am notgoing to havedebate over this, but i know that Stefan was freed from his compulsion from klaus. I know that. But i was under the impression that because klaus COMPPELLED stefan to turn his humanity off and stefan didn't do that on his own that his humanity was still switched off because of klaus. IN 3x09, klaus had said ONLY that stefan was now free from doing what klaus told him. NOT anything about allowing his humanity to be switched back on.



    I didn't realize it was a debate but okay lol Anyways, my only point is that when Klaus told Stefan he was free of him and no longer had to do what he said..Well wasn't turning his humanity off one of the things he told him to do? I was under the impression that he was lifting ALL of his compulsion. If he was to go through every single thing he ever compelled Stefan to do that'd be a rather long list dontcha think??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [87]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Not to mention, that the writers themselves have also said that once his compulsion was lifted that Stefan would then have to CHOOSE to turn his humanity back on and that wouldn't be easy for him. There was also that conversation in the car with Kat about his humanity and Stefan made a comment about not wanting to turn it back on because then he'd have to deal with everything he had done.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [89]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

    I didn't realize it was a debate but okay lol Anyways, my only point is that when Klaus told Stefan he was free of him and no longer had to do what he said..Well wasn't turning his humanity off one of the things he told him to do? I was under the impression that he was lifting ALL of his compulsion. If he was to go through every single thing he ever compelled Stefan to do that'd be a rather long list dontcha think??


    It is really something that could go either way in my opinion. I just thought that " being free from doing what klaus said" meant being free from tasks that he asked Stefan to do. (ie: when he was asked to kill elena when the time was up on the clock). Not necessarily allowing Stefan to turn his humanity back on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [90]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

    I didn't realize it was a debate but okay lol Anyways, my only point is that when Klaus told Stefan he was free of him and no longer had to do what he said..Well wasn't turning his humanity off one of the things he told him to do? I was under the impression that he was lifting ALL of his compulsion. If he was to go through every single thing he ever compelled Stefan to do that'd be a rather long list dontcha think??


    It is really something that could go either way in my opinion. I just thought that " being free from doing what klaus said" meant being free from tasks that he asked Stefan to do. (ie: when he was asked to kill elena when the time was up on the clock). Not necessarily allowing Stefan to turn his humanity back on.


    You are right, it could go either way. I just always considered the "turn it off" demand to be a thing that Klaus told Stefan to do, coupled with the convo with Kat that made it seem like he was not being compelled with his humanity anymore but it is fairly subjectable so we will just have to wait and see I guess lol I do think however that it's easier for some SE fans to believe that Stefan is still under compulsion so that it's more understandable why he hasn't come back to Elena yet, just as it's easier for DE fans to believe he's doing all of this of his own free will in order to justify DE being together.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [91]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

    I didn't realize it was a debate but okay lol Anyways, my only point is that when Klaus told Stefan he was free of him and no longer had to do what he said..Well wasn't turning his humanity off one of the things he told him to do? I was under the impression that he was lifting ALL of his compulsion. If he was to go through every single thing he ever compelled Stefan to do that'd be a rather long list dontcha think??


    It is really something that could go either way in my opinion. I just thought that " being free from doing what klaus said" meant being free from tasks that he asked Stefan to do. (ie: when he was asked to kill elena when the time was up on the clock). Not necessarily allowing Stefan to turn his humanity back on.


    You are right, it could go either way. I just always considered the "turn it off" demand to be a thing that Klaus told Stefan to do, coupled with the convo with Kat that made it seem like he was not being compelled with his humanity anymore but it is fairly subjectable so we will just have to wait and see I guess lol I do think however that it's easier for some SE fans to believe that Stefan is still under compulsion so that it's more understandable why he hasn't come back to Elena yet, just as it's easier for DE fans to believe he's doing all of this of his own free will in order to justify DE being together.


    Yeah, it's kinda hard to say so we will just have to see how things play out i guess. As for SE fans, I am one obviously so in a way, yes, I see that as the reason why he has not come back to Elena. The compulsion just explains things. He didn't only not come back to Elena. He abandoned everyone he cared about. (Damon, Alaric, Bonnie, and even Caroline). I just can't see the Stefan with humanity doing that. Even after what he did. SURE, he did not kill klaus to save Damon, but that doesn't really explain anything because Klaus has no humanity but he still cares for Rebekah.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CheckeredYcats

    CheckeredYcats

    [92]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 02/04/11
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 145

    Stefan isn't under compulsion anymore. This has been said many times by the writers. He just doesn't want to turn his emotions back on because it's too hard for him after everything that he's done. He told Katherine this at the end of 3.09. When he was freed from compulsion, he could have turned his emotions back on if he chose to, he just didn't. I'm not saying this because I want it to be harder for SE, I'm saying it because it's true. JP, PW, everyone has said this. He's choosing the dark path this time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RuqeeD

    RuqeeD

    [93]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 11/15/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 84

    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    Stefan isn't under compulsion anymore. This has been said many times by the writers. He just doesn't want to turn his emotions back on because it's too hard for him after everything that he's done. He told Katherine this at the end of 3.09. When he was freed from compulsion, he could have turned his emotions back on if he chose to, he just didn't. I'm not saying this because I want it to be harder for SE, I'm saying it because it's true. JP, PW, everyone has said this. He's choosing the dark path this time.




    He is choosing the dark path but we all know that's not gonna last. I know there will come a point where he wants to be with Elena again - as in actually feels he can be with her but with the way things are going, when that time comes Damon and Elena would probably be too embroiled in each other and knowing the kind of guy Stefan is (when he's the good guy that is) he'd probably step aside because he'd do anything for his brother including giving Elena up to him. The issue then would be whether Elena chooses to remain with Damon or go back to Stefan and I got to say my money is going to be on Stefan.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [94]Jan 11, 2012
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

    I didn't realize it was a debate but okay lol Anyways, my only point is that when Klaus told Stefan he was free of him and no longer had to do what he said..Well wasn't turning his humanity off one of the things he told him to do? I was under the impression that he was lifting ALL of his compulsion. If he was to go through every single thing he ever compelled Stefan to do that'd be a rather long list dontcha think??


    It is really something that could go either way in my opinion. I just thought that " being free from doing what klaus said" meant being free from tasks that he asked Stefan to do. (ie: when he was asked to kill elena when the time was up on the clock). Not necessarily allowing Stefan to turn his humanity back on.


    You are right, it could go either way. I just always considered the "turn it off" demand to be a thing that Klaus told Stefan to do, coupled with the convo with Kat that made it seem like he was not being compelled with his humanity anymore but it is fairly subjectable so we will just have to wait and see I guess lol I do think however that it's easier for some SE fans to believe that Stefan is still under compulsion so that it's more understandable why he hasn't come back to Elena yet, just as it's easier for DE fans to believe he's doing all of this of his own free will in order to justify DE being together.


    Yeah, it's kinda hard to say so we will just have to see how things play out i guess. As for SE fans, I am one obviously so in a way, yes, I see that as the reason why he has not come back to Elena. The compulsion just explains things. He didn't only not come back to Elena. He abandoned everyone he cared about. (Damon, Alaric, Bonnie, and even Caroline). I just can't see the Stefan with humanity doing that. Even after what he did. SURE, he did not kill klaus to save Damon, but that doesn't really explain anything because Klaus has no humanity but he still cares for Rebekah.


    Yes, the Stefan with humanity in tact probably wouldn't but I can't help but remember when Damon told Elena that this hasn't been the real Stefan but the "reign it in Stefan" and then the interview a few weeks back where JP said that he would never be the "old Stefan" again. Doesn't mean he won't get his humanity back but being off of blood for over a decade and then being on such an intense blood binge for the past couple of months, I think it's safe to say that Stefan as we know him will never be quite the same.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [95]Jan 12, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    RuqeeD wrote:

    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    Stefan isn't under compulsion anymore. This has been said many times by the writers. He just doesn't want to turn his emotions back on because it's too hard for him after everything that he's done. He told Katherine this at the end of 3.09. When he was freed from compulsion, he could have turned his emotions back on if he chose to, he just didn't. I'm not saying this because I want it to be harder for SE, I'm saying it because it's true. JP, PW, everyone has said this. He's choosing the dark path this time.




    He is choosing the dark path but we all know that's not gonna last. I know there will come a point where he wants to be with Elena again - as in actually feels he can be with her but with the way things are going, when that time comes Damon and Elena would probably be too embroiled in each other and knowing the kind of guy Stefan is (when he's the good guy that is) he'd probably step aside because he'd do anything for his brother including giving Elena up to him. The issue then would be whether Elena chooses to remain with Damon or go back to Stefan and I got to say my money is going to be on Stefan.



    I agree with you there Ruquee. Even if Stefan isn't under compulsion where his humanity is concerned, we ALL know that it isn't going to last forever. As much as people want to believe that Stefan is going to remain with this emotionless, badboy image, there is going to be a time that he is going to realize that he doesn't want to avoid the people he cares about. It may take awhile, but it is going to happen eventually.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [96]Jan 12, 2012
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    RuqeeD wrote:
    The issue then would be whether Elena chooses to remain with Damon or go back to Stefan and I got to say my money is going to be on Stefan.

    My money has always been on Stefan or Elena doesn't make sense as character: she put everyone she ever knew under extreme danger for the last three seasons - half of them died - only to end with another guy? I don't think so.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CheckeredYcats

    CheckeredYcats

    [97]Jan 12, 2012
    • member since: 02/04/11
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 145

    RuqeeD wrote:


    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    Stefan isn't under compulsion anymore. This has been said many times by the writers. He just doesn't want to turn his emotions back on because it's too hard for him after everything that he's done. He told Katherine this at the end of 3.09. When he was freed from compulsion, he could have turned his emotions back on if he chose to, he just didn't. I'm not saying this because I want it to be harder for SE, I'm saying it because it's true. JP, PW, everyone has said this. He's choosing the dark path this time.




    He is choosing the dark path but we all know that's not gonna last. I know there will come a point where he wants to be with Elena again - as in actually feels he can be with her but with the way things are going, when that time comes Damon and Elena would probably be too embroiled in each other and knowing the kind of guy Stefan is (when he's the good guy that is) he'd probably step aside because he'd do anything for his brother including giving Elena up to him. The issue then would be whether Elena chooses to remain with Damon or go back to Stefan and I got to say my money is going to be on Stefan.



    I never said that he wasn't going to let his humanity back in. That's obvious that it's going to happen sooner or later. Stefan and Elena will more than likely get back together, I never said they wouldn't, either. BUT both character have changed too much. JP has said that they can never be what they were. I don't think they will last long when they get back together. They will try to make it work but realize that they can't go back to what they had and that it's just not working out.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [98]Jan 12, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624

    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    RuqeeD wrote:


    CheckeredYcats wrote:


    Stefan isn't under compulsion anymore. This has been said many times by the writers. He just doesn't want to turn his emotions back on because it's too hard for him after everything that he's done. He told Katherine this at the end of 3.09. When he was freed from compulsion, he could have turned his emotions back on if he chose to, he just didn't. I'm not saying this because I want it to be harder for SE, I'm saying it because it's true. JP, PW, everyone has said this. He's choosing the dark path this time.




    He is choosing the dark path but we all know that's not gonna last. I know there will come a point where he wants to be with Elena again - as in actually feels he can be with her but with the way things are going, when that time comes Damon and Elena would probably be too embroiled in each other and knowing the kind of guy Stefan is (when he's the good guy that is) he'd probably step aside because he'd do anything for his brother including giving Elena up to him. The issue then would be whether Elena chooses to remain with Damon or go back to Stefan and I got to say my money is going to be on Stefan.



    I never said that he wasn't going to let his humanity back in. That's obvious that it's going to happen sooner or later. Stefan and Elena will more than likely get back together, I never said they wouldn't, either. BUT both character have changed too much. JP has said that they can never be what they were. I don't think they will last long when they get back together. They will try to make it work but realize that they can't go back to what they had and that it's just not working out.


    I don't think that will be the case because Elena's feelings for him are too deep. Deeper than her feelings for Damon. Stefan and Elena is a glimse of what true love is, and as we all know, true love over powers everything. Always. IMO, it will be difficult for them both to get to where they were originally, and it won't be the way it was originally, but SE will stay "that" couple.IMOtheywill just seem like a totally different couple.This whole DE thing that is going on is basically just something that gets in the way, a road block. Something that will jeopordize the SE relationship.

    Edited on 01/12/2012 9:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RuqeeD

    RuqeeD

    [99]Jan 12, 2012
    • member since: 11/15/11
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 84
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

    I never said that he wasn't going to let his humanity back in. That's obvious that it's going to happen sooner or later. Stefan and Elena will more than likely get back together, I never said they wouldn't, either. BUT both character have changed too much. JP has said that they can never be what they were. I don't think they will last long when they get back together. They will try to make it work but realize that they can't go back to what they had and that it's just not working out.



    I do agree with you that when they get together, it won't be the same - it shouldn't be the same, they'll realise that but rather than calling it quits they'll adapt. I can't imagine why on earth Damon would want Elena back if she decided yet again to go back to Stefan (that is if they do become embroiled in some sort of relationship). He's had that happened before with Katherine. I've said it before, in terms of DE or SE I am definitely SE but in terms of favourite character its Damon and tbh he deserves someone better than Elena. She'll break his heart when Stefan comes 'back' again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.