The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Why does everybody want Elena with Damon and not Stefan?

stanmorne

[100]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 6

Gosh I just read page 4 and 5... Think I'm tired, hehe. I liked all of the arguments. Who really knows what will happen after all that?? I really liked CheckeredYcats's theory because that is what I would want(obviously big DE fan!), but when I think about it I end up on the same page as JustLikeHeaven. I sadly aso think its about Stephan having to want elena back, if he does I don't think she will be too hesitant to go back and then as always Damon will get hurt. The only reason I also think that is because I agree about SE being in too deep, and believe me I know because it sometimes irritated me during season1-2. Well at least us DE fans must enjoy this while it is happening

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stanmorne

[102]Jan 12, 2012

RuqeeD wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

I never said that he wasn't going to let his humanity back in. That's obvious that it's going to happen sooner or later. Stefan and Elena will more than likely get back together, I never said they wouldn't, either. BUT both character have changed too much. JP has said that they can never be what they were. I don't think they will last long when they get back together. They will try to make it work but realize that they can't go back to what they had and that it's just not working out.

She'll break his heart when Stefan comes 'back' again.

Exactly.

Justlikeheaven_

[103]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 33
    stanmorne wrote:

Gosh I just read page 4 and 5... Think I'm tired, hehe. I liked all of the arguments. Who really knows what will happen after all that?? I really liked CheckeredYcats's theory because that is what I would want(obviously big DE fan!), but when I think about it I end up on the same page as JustLikeHeaven. I sadly aso think its about Stephan having to want elena back, if he does I don't think she will be too hesitant to go back and then as always Damon will get hurt. The only reason I also think that is because I agree about SE being in too deep, and believe me I know because it sometimes irritated me during season1-2. Well at least us DE fans must enjoy this while it is happening

I agree with you about Damon. I feel that once everything falls back, Damon will be hurt, and he might actually fall back into his Damon ways. (the way he was in season 1). Because that will be the way he will end up coping with everything. Even if we look back at season 2, he was only with Andy (or however you spell it) because he needed a distraction to stop himself from going after Elena, who he reallly wanted. There was a point there where he started to become very reckless.

stanmorne

[104]Jan 12, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:

I agree with you about Damon. I feel that once everything falls back, Damon will be hurt, and he might actually fall back into his Damon ways. (the way he was in season 1). Because that will be the way he will end up coping with everything. Even if we look back at season 2, he was only with Andy (or however you spell it) because he needed a distraction to stop himself from going after Elena, who he reallly wanted. There was a point there where he started to become very reckless.

Yup true that. I thought that Rose was the same initially but he started to care for her after all. Think they should have kept her then Damon would still have had someone, but now he won't and when he gets hurt he is going to be Damon (get drunk, lol) and then do something real reckless/stupid aka season1 Damon hehe. Cant wait to see how it is going to play out.

Justlikeheaven_

[105]Jan 12, 2012
    stanmorne wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:

Yup true that. I thought that Rose was the same initially but he started to care for her after all. Think they should have kept her then Damon would still have had someone, but now he won't and when he gets hurt he is going to be Damon (get drunk, lol) and then do something real reckless/stupid aka season1 Damon hehe. Cant wait to see how it is going to play out.

I know, It really did seem like Rose and Damon had something there because he was so upset when she got bitten by the werewolf and died. I actually was starting to even become a Rose/Damon fan. It was sad actually to see Damon so upset like that.

johnmarlena422

[106]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 16
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    RuqeeD wrote:

CheckeredYcats wrote:

Stefan isn't under compulsion anymore. This has been said many times by the writers. He just doesn't want to turn his emotions back on because it's too hard for him after everything that he's done. He told Katherine this at the end of 3.09. When he was freed from compulsion, he could have turned his emotions back on if he chose to, he just didn't. I'm not saying this because I want it to be harder for SE, I'm saying it because it's true. JP, PW, everyone has said this. He's choosing the dark path this time.

He is choosing the dark path but we all know that's not gonna last. I know there will come a point where he wants to be with Elena again - as in actually feels he can be with her but with the way things are going, when that time comes Damon and Elena would probably be too embroiled in each other and knowing the kind of guy Stefan is (when he's the good guy that is) he'd probably step aside because he'd do anything for his brother including giving Elena up to him. The issue then would be whether Elena chooses to remain with Damon or go back to Stefan and I got to say my money is going to be on Stefan.

I agree with you there Ruquee. Even if Stefan isn't under compulsion where his humanity is concerned, we ALL know that it isn't going to last forever. As much as people want to believe that Stefan is going to remain with this emotionless, badboy image, there is going to be a time that he is going to realize that he doesn't want to avoid the people he cares about. It may take awhile, but it is going to happen eventually.

I don't think it's what people want to believe at all but the fact remains that that is the reality of the situation. Will he always be a heartless ripper?? Of course not, I don't think anyone thought he would be but he's never going to be the same old Stefan he once was and that's just the way it is.

johnmarlena422

[107]Jan 13, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:

I know, It really did seem like Rose and Damon had something there because he was so upset when she got bitten by the werewolf and died. I actually was starting to even become a Rose/Damon fan. It was sad actually to see Damon so upset like that.

See now, I never saw them together like that at all and it's not because I'm a DE shipper because I could see Damon with other female characters on the show (I was actually a Damon/Vicki fan before I was a DE fan) but I just didn't see any real chemistry between Damon and Rose. They made great friends but for me that's about it.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[108]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 13
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:

Agreed! Also, with Klaus, the first witch, other witches, Lycans, Vamps, and hybrids running around, Elena can only feel more protected around a person like Damon. But it will be interesting to see how things will go when most of the major threats are irradicated and when Elena would no longer need a strong presence in her life like Damon.

caskett4ever

[109]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 2

its just a big cycle for all you 'bad boy' loving people! Stefan was good, and you all thought he was boring--now, you find him much more interesting; gee, I wonder why!?

here's what the new cycle is going to be: damon is gonna be a good, reliable guy for the next few episodes and you're all gonna get bored of him too! its really pathetic how ppl think!

stefan and elena had true love..it was pure. and the only reason why stefan is "bad" now is to protect her and damon. for some reason, he thinks he has lost elena the day he left with klaus, therefore, he's trying to push her away--towards damon. he knows damon can't resist her. He's playing the bad boy on purpose, for a reason we are yet to know. but as soon as it resolves, he and elena WILL be back together, simply because, their love is pure.

stefan's performance on yesterday's episode was amazing! the bridge scene was perfect of his part (his acting was perfect), you can see how torn he was when elena breaks. He LOVES her, there's no denying..and with a love like that, it can't easily let go. the universe won't allow it.

sabrips

[110]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 8

I didnt like Stef at first because he was SOOO boring! But now, he's kind of a BAMF and the character has grown and become interesting... Him with Elena only makes him boring and annoying again. I've always loved the idea of Stefan+Katherine, they're like perfect for each other and lets not forget that he only fell in love with Elena because of his long painful time spent without Kat.

On the other hand Damon was a monster but his love for Elena made him change, but wasnt dull then and hasnt become dull now. I know he also was truly in love with Katherine, but i think he really forgot about her. Plus Elena gets tingles every time she's with Damon she just wont let herself admit it because she thinks is 'wrong' giving her relationship with Stef.

So yeah Im rooting for Delena...

Justlikeheaven_

[111]Jan 13, 2012
    caskett4ever wrote:

its just a big cycle for all you 'bad boy' loving people! Stefan was good, and you all thought he was boring--now, you find him much more interesting; gee, I wonder why!?

here's what the new cycle is going to be: damon is gonna be a good, reliable guy for the next few episodes and you're all gonna get bored of him too! its really pathetic how ppl think!

stefan and elena had true love..it was pure. and the only reason why stefan is "bad" now is to protect her and damon. for some reason, he thinks he has lost elena the day he left with klaus, therefore, he's trying to push her away--towards damon. he knows damon can't resist her. He's playing the bad boy on purpose, for a reason we are yet to know. but as soon as it resolves, he and elena WILL be back together, simply because, their love is pure.

stefan's performance on yesterday's episode was amazing! the bridge scene was perfect of his part (his acting was perfect), you can see how torn he was when elena breaks. He LOVES her, there's no denying..and with a love like that, it can't easily let go. the universe won't allow it.

Agreed. I think THAT is what made Elena tell Damon that kissing her was not right. She got a vibe that the stefan that she knew is still under all of that angst towards Klaus, and his need for revenge on him. Dispite what elena told him, Stefan thinks that he lost her the moment he left with klaus so that means he has given up. So it is Elena who needs to help with with that. Elena needs to show Stefan that she still loves him. Her love for Stefan, and Stefan's love for Elena is not going away. EVEN klaus said it! There love is not just something that you can forget about. Their love is true love, and when it's true love, there is nothing that can get in the way of that.

jstitely1

[112]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 12

i could never ever root for stelena after what happened in last nights episode. the one thing she had never gotten over he made her relive, the greatest tragedy of her life and he knew it, and he forced her to relive it and almost turn her into a vampire. yet again another tragedy as she was adamant to him last season that was the last thing she wanted. if they get back together i am going to be sick. that was 1000 times worse than anyone has done to another person in this show

RuqeeD

[113]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 3

jstitely1 wrote:

i could never ever root for stelena after what happened in last nights episode. the one thing she had never gotten over he made her relive, the greatest tragedy of her life and he knew it, and he forced her to relive it and almost turn her into a vampire. yet again another tragedy as she was adamant to him last season that was the last thing she wanted. if they get back together i am going to be sick. that was 1000 times worse than anyone has done to another person in this show

Well there has been a hundred horrible things Damon has done to her - killing her brother, forcing her to drink his blood and a whole host more and she's always forgiven him - can't see why she wouldn't do that for Stefan - and Stefan actually has a reason to do so instead of just acting recklessly the way Damon had in the past because his feelings were hurt or whatever. And the scene after when Stefan shows he still cares, she knows he still cares, it'll sway her.

Justlikeheaven_

[114]Jan 13, 2012
    RuqeeD wrote:

jstitely1 wrote:

Well there has been a hundred horrible things Damon has done to her - killing her brother, forcing her to drink his blood and a whole host more and she's always forgiven him - can't see why she wouldn't do that for Stefan - and Stefan actually has a reason to do so instead of just acting recklessly the way Damon had in the past because his feelings were hurt or whatever. And the scene after when Stefan shows he still cares, she knows he still cares, it'll sway her.

Funny thing, I actually totally forgot that Damon did those things to Elena. She seems to forgive people pretty easily (atleast when it comes to the salvatores lol) so if she realize that Stefan truly does still care then she is going to hold on to that.

johnmarlena422

[115]Jan 13, 2012
    caskett4ever wrote:

We all have a right to our OWN opinions and we are allowed to voice those views. There really is no reason to call people pathetic for that. Let's try to treat others as we want to be treated shall we?? I don't agree on many levels with other posters, SE and DE fans alike but I have never and would never call any of them pathetic for not agreeing with me.

stanmorne

[116]Jan 15, 2012
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    caskett4ever wrote:

We all have a right to our OWN opinions and we are allowed to voice those views. There really is no reason to call people pathetic for that. Let's try to treat others as we want to be treated shall we?? I don't agree on many levels with other posters, SE and DE fans alike but I have never and would never call any of them pathetic for not agreeing with me.

Well Said

Justlikeheaven_

[117]Jan 15, 2012
    stanmorne wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    caskett4ever wrote:

Well Said

I second that Even though i may not agree with everyones opinions on here, i still like to listen to what EVERYONE thinks. It makes things interesting to be on tv.com.

johnmarlena422

[118]Jan 15, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    caskett4ever wrote:

Well Said

I second that Even though i may not agree with everyones opinions on here, i still like to listen to what EVERYONE thinks. It makes things interesting to be on tv.com.

I agree and even as a DE fan, you have had insight that has made me look at the show differently so that just goes to show that SE and DE shippers can get along without being nasty to each other. We may not view some relationships the same but we all love the show..Well, most of us anyway haha