The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Why does it feel like Stefan is the next Anakin Skywalker?

Amazon_Hollow

[1]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 8

Why does it feel like Stefan is the next Anakin Skywalker?

Stefan got forced into the evil pack by bunch of gang darkness vampires. He sees his old image use to be into the freshbacks and coming out worser and scaryer than Damon. Oh Man, crossing over to darkness of evil. Is the right thing to do, should help protect everybody. Until it's blows up into his face and out of hand contral.

In Spider-Man, Harry Osborn meets his father thru a mrrior and his father say revenge me son. Norman totally was there forcing Harry become the new Green Goblin stop Spider-Man.

In Star Wars, Anakin Skywalker meets Darth Sidious and he is there giving Anakin the great power revenge against the Jedi. Darth Sidious was totally there forcing Anakin into stopping the Jedis.

Wow! I sense Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries. Will be alot of Brother to Brother action thru out the first half. Damon is out there coming to the rescue being both Peter Parker & Luke Skywalker trying to get Stefen memory who he is.

Edited on 01/14/2012 11:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[2]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 32

Amazon_Hollow wrote:
    Why does it feel like Stefan is the next Anakin Skywalker or Harry Osborn?

If anything, I see Stefan more like a reformed Iron Man or a Sam Winchester because of his bloodholic issues, we just met on a good day but he's still a time bomb that could go off in a million of different ways.

Kitanishi

[3]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 9
    ionee24 wrote:

Amazon_Hollow wrote:
    Why does it feel like Stefan is the next Anakin Skywalker or Harry Osborn?

If anything, I see Stefan more like a reformed Iron Man or a Sam Winchester because of his bloodholic issues, we just met on a good day but he's still a time bomb that could go off in a million of different ways.

Yes and just with "poor little sam" Its not his ault, everything will get whitewashed and everyone will love him eventually anyway woth no consequences.

bkto

[4]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 7
    not me, stefan is a tool. he has everything so perfect and yet he whines and cries like a little girl. His actions will drive elena into damons arms and he'll have nobody to blame but himself (and, well, maybe klaus )

ionee24

[5]Jul 31, 2011

Kitanishi wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

Yes and just with "poor little sam" Its not his ault, everything will get whitewashed and everyone will love him eventually anyway woth no consequences.

I don't think so, for one Damon is no Dean Winchester so, if anything, this will obviously be used as an excuse to get Elena to be with Damon draining the plot from all emotional resonance.

If the show actually uses this to develop the Stefan character, I think it will be through Klaus's perspective on what a brother should be and, perhaps, Caroline's - and/or Katherine's - perspective on how far its to far in order to get someone you love back.

I think it should be interesting to see Bonnie & Tyler fight off Stefan for a change, or Sheriff Forbes leading the Council against to, what the town believes to be, just another teenager if Mystic Falls but I've lost every hope to get such a compelling storyline from the likes of Elena Gilbert.

Edited on 07/31/2011 11:52am

Loralee_jk

[6]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 38

...Damion was on Smallville!

Amazon_Hollow

[7]Aug 16, 2011

Both of the Salvatore Brothers were on Smallville Tv Series actually. Paul Wesley as Stefan was in Season 2, Episode Prodigalas Lucas Luthor half brother to Lex Luthor. And for Ian Somerhalder as Damon was in Season 3 into afew episodes as Adam Knight as Lana Lang's second boyfriend.

Edited on 08/16/2011 6:23am

ionee24

[8]Aug 22, 2011
    And he was on Lake Wolf and Fallen too, both shows that dealt with a supernatural struggle of some sort.

FernandoPatla

[9]Sep 4, 2011
    • level: 5

Stefan reminds me of Angel from Buffy, but instead of losing his sould he has a blood addiction problem

Amazon_Hollow

[10]Oct 11, 2011

Wow!

The Vampire Diaries is the most definitely prefect program series, being a Live-Action Version off Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series very much indeed. Oh, man... I cannot believe my own eyes at all. How much The The Vampire Diaries come close resemble to Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. It's like they found the prefect cast, to be the Live Action Version based off it and also being similar as well.

Here're The Vampire Diaries's Characters, are resemble to Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series:

- Anakin Skywalker: Both Stefan & Damon - Because over the fact both Salvatore Brothers, are batting thru Light of Good and Dark of Evil.
    - Ahsoka Tano: Caroline
    - Obi-Wan Kenobi: Alaric
    - Padmé Amidala: Elena
    - Darth Sidious/Count Dooku: Klaus
    - Asajj Ventress: Katherine
    - And Also, The Clones Troopers: Jeremy, Matt and Tyler

hell693

[11]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 11
    I think its good that they took Stefan's character to that direction because he become more and more interesting now.

hell693

[12]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 11
    FernandoPatla wrote:

Stefan reminds me of Angel from Buffy, but instead of losing his sould he has a blood addiction problem

Ya your rite it reminds me of Angel too but with some kind of twist.

Amazon_Hollow

[13]Jan 14, 2012

Amazon_Hollow wrote:

Wow!

The Vampire Diaries is the most definitely prefect program series, being a Live-Action Version off Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series very much indeed. Oh, man... I cannot believe my own eyes at all. How much The The Vampire Diaries come close resemble to Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. It's like they found the prefect cast, to be the Live Action Version based off it and also being similar as well.

Here're The Vampire Diaries's Characters, are resemble to Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series:

- Anakin Skywalker: Both Stefan & Damon - Because over the fact both Salvatore Brothers, are batting thru Light of Good and Dark of Evil.
    - Ahsoka Tano: Caroline
    - Obi-Wan Kenobi: Alaric
    - Padmé Amidala: Elena
    - Darth Sidious/Count Dooku: Klaus
    - Asajj Ventress: Katherine
    - And Also, The Clones Troopers: Jeremy, Matt and Tyler

Seriously to God... Is just me or what here?

I know The Vampare Diaries, is just The Vampire Diaries on their own terms ways events. But everytime i see Stefan now left & right. He reminds me so much of Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars. Wow! Paul Wesley is really good, with his acting match similar to Anakin Skywalker so well. Oh, heck! He is even alot more better actor than Hayden Christensen played Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars last 2 episodes films. Oh, Paul Wesley is just the Live-Action figure of Anakin Skywalker, from Star Wars: The Clone Wars anitmated series.

This topic name has awser my question, from the return episodes... Stefan is truely the next Anakin Skywalker Figture, not Harry Osborn!

Kitanishi

[14]Jan 15, 2012
    hell693 wrote:
    FernandoPatla wrote:

Ya your rite it reminds me of Angel too but with some kind of twist.

No.

Angel was actually enjoyable character who HAD REASONS to brood and feel depressed. Steffie and Damon remindme of Edward Cullen more so than actual vampires like Angel.

AS for anakin - sure, Steffie is just as poorly developed. Otherwise, no., Anakin got to be evil, you see. Steffie is still awfully heroic good guy with no past sins to back his depression and sulking, nor villainous acts to make him evil.

stanmorne

[15]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 6
    Amazon_Hollow wrote:

Both of the Salvatore Brothers were on Smallville Tv Series actually. Paul Wesley as Stefan was in Season 2, Episode Prodigalas Lucas Luthor half brother to Lex Luthor. And for Ian Somerhalder as Damon was in Season 3 into afew episodes as Adam Knight as Lana Lang's second boyfriend.

Cool I didn't know about stefan. I knew Damon was on Smallville and LOST and I was so angry when they killed him off on LOST! When I saw TVD starring Ian Somerhalder I was so glad he was coming back to TV. So I rooted for DE since the start!

ionee24

[16]Jan 15, 2012
    hell693 wrote:
    I think its good that they took Stefan's character to that direction because he become more and more interesting now.

Personally, I love the new and improved Stefan because he actually thinks things through, instead to charge against them like an idiot. IMO, he's acting more and more like a True Blood vampire, he still has a loooooooong way to go, but it's definitely a better character!

Justlikeheaven_

[18]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 33
    stanmorne wrote:
    Amazon_Hollow wrote:

Cool I didn't know about stefan. I knew Damon was on Smallville and LOST and I was so angry when they killed him off on LOST! When I saw TVD starring Ian Somerhalder I was so glad he was coming back to TV. So I rooted for DE since the start!

I actually didnt even realize that Ian Somerhalder was the same person who played on Lost. He looked like a totally different person to me. It wasn't until after i really got into TVD when i started doing some investigating on the actors and what other projects they did earlier in their careers. I knew that Nina was on Degrassi, but i was so shocked when i found out that it was Ian who played Boune on Lost and BOTH Ian and Paul appeared in Smallville

Amazon_Hollow

[19]Jan 15, 2012

Why does it feel like people, hate first appearance love interest to starring lead character in a show? I really don't understand, why at all what's so ever.

- First "Lana Lang" from Smallville, to Clark Kent

- Second "Bill" from True Blood, to Sookie

- Third "Stefan" from The Vampire Diaries, to Elena

Who the heck will be next on your list of hate?

- The "Adam Character" from The Secret Circle, to Cassie

- The "Allison Character" from Teen Wolf, to Scott

Wow! OMG! They play the first appearance love interest to starring lead character in a show so well and good with history. And then at some point of time, they drop em away doing terrible bad things cause risk of their relationship. I just wish for once, they stay with the same telling love interest thru out the whole story series. Instead of changing up the starring lead character with second love interest. It what inceases the show go into different turn events than the beginning of the series. Of caurse you would like the next guy or girl than the current love interest. But, what if the current love interest is the one for the starring lead character and nobody else?

Kitanishi

[20]Jan 15, 2012
    Amazon_Hollow wrote:

- First "Lana Lang" from Smallville, to Clark Kent

- Second "Bill" from True Blood, to Sookie

- Third "Stefan" from The Vampire Diaries, to Elena

I am sorry but all the cases you just listed has very objective reasons for fandom hate, the first being mary sue that did not exist in the superman comics, second case is an abomination hated by even the book author and by fandom for pretty much similar reasons on why the third is. To cut it all short, all those three are HIGHLY inferior characters that are constantly being elevated and praised by the writing staff who apparantly loves them. Cue whitewashing, heroicness and gary-stue/marysue-ness.

It has nothing to do with "first love interest" or with love interests at all, I could not care less about romance pairings in this show, any romance pairings, and I still can't stand on how writers portray Stefan, or Elena, or Damon, as do-no-wrong guys to whom no rules apply and who will never ever ever get any proper character development.