The Vampire Diaries

Homecoming

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 10, 2011 on The CW

• Just wow.

What is it with Vampire Diaries that every episode could legitimately pass for a season finale, and yet with other shows even their finales don't hold a candle to episodes like this? Seriously, I'm running out of synonyms and adjectives to describe the awesomeness of this show.

And this episode was no exception, to say the least. I was a bit concerned that we might be giving our farewells to Klaus during the first half but was pleasantly surprised by [spoiler alert!] Stefan's resurgence (you'll see what I mean)! While I agree with the previous commenter that Mikael was a nice addition to the show, I, on the other hand, was quite relieved to see him go.

What I absolutely didn't see coming was Stefan's bold move at the end. Whoa. Oh, and I was glad to see Katherine was alive, albeit a little mangy with her sudden concern for Stefan's so-called "humanity." So uncanny of her. But then again, I couldn't stand Stefan before and now he's much more tolerable, enjoyable even in a way!

Now, on to the bad news. How am I supposed to survive the next two months until the break is over!?