The Vampire Diaries

O Come, All Ye Faithful

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Dec 13, 2012 on The CW

• Christmas Carols and Mass-murders

I liked this episode, I particularly liked the ironic ending with the Christmas music playing in the background as Tyler's mom was being drowned. It's dark and is definitely creepy since we are socialized into associating Christmas music with a jolly fat man. Not on this show!

There are some good character dynamics we've seen at play:

- Stephan and Klaus finding something in common- keeping treasures from their victims. Its a little sad and twisted but in a way poetic

- Stephan and Caroline- it seems they have been able to get closer over this whole sire bond thing

- Caroline and Tyler- looks like they were able to get past the Caroline and Klaus flirtation we saw 2 episodes ago

Some character dynamics I wasn't a fan of:

- Bonnie and Jeremy- together again? I think I just have a personal dislike of Bonnie. I think the character is really boring and self-righteous. Plus I don't think the acting is really great on Kat Graham's part. On a happier note, did you see Jeremy's arms in this episode? Seriously, is it the Hunter steroids that made his arms grow or have they always been there and we've just never seen him without a shirt? Those are the thoughts that keep me up at night!

- Elena and Damon- seriously, I don't like this whole sire bond thing. I get it, the writers needs some kind of twist in the story to make this love triangle more interesting but I for one had enough of this love triangle. I love Damon (and Ian for that matter) but I still think that Stephan should be with Elena. Not that I would mind too much if it was Damon and Elena. As long as she picks one of them (or neither of them) and hopefully she has free will when she makes this choice. But the back and forth dance between the 2 brothers is getting old.

- Shane and Hayley- "Things are falling apart!" "Fix it". Thanks tips! Great advice, I'm sure Hayley didn't think that the solution to her problem would be to fix it! So she was willing to sacrifice 12 of her friends just at the absurd possibility (although I shouldn't say absurd since on the VD anything is possible) that her parents can be resurrected.

Overall, not a bad episode. I love the fact that Stephan acknowledged the fact that they all do/have done horrible things and that maybe Klaus shouldn't be the only one condemned for it!

So does it mean that Tyler will be on the run from Klaus now or will Tyler come back with vengeance? I am also curious to see what Shane has up his sleeve, I guess we will have to wait until the next year to find out (unless the world is going to end and then we will never know! Of course, I am very worried about the end of the world, but I am more worried about what I will be doing for New Years