The Vampire Diaries

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 10, 2009 In Season

The Vampire Diaries Fan Reviews (428)

• The Vampire Diaries

At first, I got real interested in that show because of former 'Degrassi' actress Nina Debrov, but then I lost it. Now a few years later (which is now), I finally got my enthusiasm for this show back. My favorite characters on the show are the Salvatore brothers. To me, this show is popular for two reasons actually: 1) Former 'Degrassi' actress Nina Debrov and 2) Kevin Williamson, who's the creator of *Dawson's Creek*, but there are other reasons beside that too. Anyways, I really like this show, especially Damon & Stefan. Best characters on the show.
  • I Can't Even Watch

I've watched seasons 1 through 6 on many occasions. Never disappointed and always fully in tune with the plot line. This is the one show I can just turn on while I'm doing homework and never be disappointed. The Damon and Elena love always captivated me, and I was always willing to watch that unfold. I loved all the characters and how they all fit together. I loved seeing each relationship unfold.

I don't mind that Elena is "asleep" now or that she is no longer on the show. (I wish great things for Nina!)

However, the current plot line is fuzzy and it bounces all over the place. And I don't like Lily one bit. The fact that she treats her boys the way she does, I find despicable. There is no love here. There is no clear indication of anything good coming. Alaric's love interest came back, but he has changed. Enzo and maybe a little Caroline.. could be a real game changer, but they are having him go a way that just isn't working. I don't see this going anywhere pleasant. Therefore, I can't even watch my favorite show anymore. The headlining actors should quit while they are ahead. Actually, now they are behind. But, I feel it might get worse. I'll watch another episode to see if my mind changes. But I'm afraid I will be too disappointed.

• How Can a Mother Say Such Hurtful Hateful Things!

I personally am VERY disappointed in this season so far. I agree that loosing Elena is not as hard on the show as I expected, But ONLY because it feels like a completely new show! This season is so different than any other season. In my opinion the show has become less exciting and more daunting. This new season has become somewhat painful for me to watch... I can not see how I can be the only one that feels this way but one of my biggest issues is Lily. As one of many devout viewer of the show, from the very first episode till now... I have grown to love the characters of both Stephan & Damon. We have seen Damon go from a scary, dangerous, moody, irresponsible, selfish, mean vampire/brother to a lost, lonely, broken hearted (first over Katherine, then Elena) love struck, which made him kind (in his own way) selfless, hero in many ways including of willing to die for to a fault caring absolutely lovable immortal brother/boyfriend. & Stephan always the responsible heroic caring forgiving devoted... exc exc exc Lovable immortal Brother/ Boyfriend/ Friend. So knowing how much these 2 young (immortal) men can feel deeply in their hearts, how they both can love selflessly, to be able to love so deeply they not only make sacrifices for the person they love but are wiling to die for have seen the pain they can feel because they have a heart... So to bring their mother the first woman both of them ever loved deeply back into their lives only to hurt them for no reason, but because she decided she had to stop loving them???? Yet her motherly need to love was strong enough she made herself new children???? This season so far has been very hard to watch. Everything heartwarming about the show is gone. There are hints that Lily might still love her sons but just wont admit it... I ask the writers how can you make a mother so cold cruel, with words she can not take back and then all of a sudden make make something happen that is suppose to mean her painful words were not true & it will make everything alright??? The boys should trust her? Especially with their hearts??? It better be good! We have lost half the characters which helped bring the show to life..... Even the characters left seem to have changed. Enso is one of mamas boys willing to hurt the people he "actually" got to know over a woman who he only just met & turned him in one day. Alaric is becoming more of a threat, selfish, and willing to lie. Stephan seems to be falling for (LETS FACE IT) control freak Caroline who fit into past episodes as the event planner /organizer and even her pushy ways were acceptable to help friend get out of their funk/depression ad live life. But I cant imagine sweet tempered easy going low toned Stephan being anything but a floor mat for hot tempered high maintenance Caroline.... who would REALLY have to cause Stephan's character to change if he is going to survive her without loosing his mind.... (maybe that is how he will change) Bonnie and Damon haven't changed too much "except" they both seem to have given up the love of their life without going over the deep end.... Not even a good night of drinking away the sorrows.... which just doesn't make much sense considering they were both willing to give their own lives to save their beloved at one well I said a huge piece. I will leave it with I feel the show has lost its heart & could you bring back their mother just to make her hate her own sons for no good reason! I cant get past that.
  • A lots of crap . . alina is a bitch . . whore . . a slut .

What the fuck is happening in tvd . . seriously. ..

In season 6 alina kissed liam . . I mean seriously . . fuck man . . what to say . . she start liking liam . . after Damon to liam . . like seriously . . wow wow wow . . now that annowing alina . . ever annowing alina makes me hate TVD. . . illogical . . senceless drama . . . . fuck u most irritating character alina . . . and yes. . . this shit series even make me hate vampires . .
  • great show

3 things like to watch in this season

1. damon switch off his humanity.

2. body jump spell for elena to comeback

3. elena (nina dobrev) wake up at end of this season

I loved it. I have to admit, at first, I was scared. I was like "how the hell can Vampire Diaries be Vampire Diaries without the main character?!"After watching the first episode, I remembered why do I love this show so much. It's because of all the suspens, actions and excitation I feel every time I watch it. Of course, it is not the same without Nina( Elena), but it was her choice and we have to accept that. Meanwhile, the others characters are doing a really great job and yes, Vampire Diaries is still one of my favorites shows :-) Can't wait for the next episodes!
  • very good show loving it

For the first episode of season 7 very good loving it so much. Loving damon and bonnie
  • Ummmm

I'm only on season 1, episode 4 and I love it! But what is up with Bonnie? What's wrong with the right side of her mouth dude? Is she ree tarded or something? Maybe down syndrome?? Why does her mouth always bunch up like that? It's sssssooo friggin annoying! Other than that... great show
  • Vampire diaries

I love the show its amazing I'm looking forward to see next season and Damon is so awesome I will never argue about that wonderful show vampire diaries
  • This show is...

Brilliant. Its actually a great hit in my village&town. Its exciting, adventures, dramatic and romantic program. The characters are amazing. It has very effective scenery every where they go. It has great story lines. I can't wait for the next season!!!
  • Kinda good

I kinda liked this show
  • What was the point of this

Primarily, what I was most excited about this season was Damon and Elena being reunited, because last season they had barely finally almost gotten to be happy together. The writers totally screwed this over, with Elena basically storing her memories with Alaric, which I knew were going to get lost -- just to create drama and create some sort of storyline. It would have been so great if they could have overcome everything and finally got to be together, now they're together and it's alright kinda and okay, but.. idk just feels kinda all wasted.

My two least favorite couples.. Alaric & Jo, and Tyler & Liv. I just didn't feel anything real, it felt kinda forced, I didn't feel myself wanting to fight for them or anything. Usually I see what's the allure about each character, like why they're likable or how they're interesting, but none of that with Jo...

I kinda feel like they resorted to Caroline having a thing for Stephen. Its just to amp up the story, it's the expected thing right!?? They were really good friends then feelings developed.. easy.

Easy stories. Easy drama. Easy fillers. I don't know, nothing felt authentic or like it had any flow... felt very fabricated and unusual, to say the least.

WHY is Enzo even still here???? His character has no purpose and his motivation to stay and cause unecessary trouble and drama, makes me laugh. You know the writers know this too because they have the other characters address this too, "Why are you even doing this?" or whatever.

The only thing that I had an interest in, even though I felt like it was dragged out too long and eventually felt it was just there to create story, was Bonnie (and also originally Damon) escaping 1993.

Kai? An interesting character, yeah. The whole which story and everything, is whatever though.

This feels like the most wasted season EVER, with WHAT of a plot??

Season 5 was kinda of iffy for me just because I always wanted Elena to be with Stephen, but I got over it and the story was still kind of interesting and led somewhere.

I can't even shake the feeling from this season, the whole time I'm watching it, of.. what's the point?
  • whatta waste !!!

title should be just vampires cuz there are no dearies plz don't renew tvd m tired of it instead focus on the more interesting..
  • Vampire Diaries is not Vampire Diaries Anymore!

To start of, the show had an amazing and mysterious characters. The personalities of the antagonists had a magic touch to them, in a way you would both love and hate them at the same time. Damon Salvatore started as a main antagonist. He was selfish, cruel and basically everything wrong with the world. Despite these reasons, everybody loved him. THAT WAS THE MAGIC! Turning an antagonist into a beloved character was the magic of Vampire Diaries. This show made us all understand the hardship of every 'living' thing. It made us understand that maybe the reason why someone was so cruel is because they had a cruel past. The same goes for Katherine, Klaus and possibly Elijah.

'The Vampire Diaries' was the name of the show. So, I expected to see a lot of the past and of course, vampires. As the plot went on from season 1 to season 4, I was never disappointed. I loved that Eleana went from Stephan to Damon. I enjoyed Caroline and her love for Klaus and Tyler. Mostly, I loved Jeremy's body! But anyways, the story revolved around the vampires and their wicked pasts. We see Stephan and Damon's flashbacks which all connect the story well. This made everything go smoothly.

Here's the negative point though. Season 5 and 6 was a totally different story. The magic was gone along with the original vampires and Katherine. Where were they? (I know about the new TV show, The Originals, but they should've still showed up in Vampire Diaries!) Instead we have Liv, Luke, Enzo, Kai and the long lost mom. I honestly love the idea of all these characters. Kai has a twisted personality which brings edge to the series and Enzo has a really hot vibe to him. But... If I'm totally honest, the magic never came back. The story was 100% broken and moved on too quickly. I mean, what happened to Caroline and Tyler? They moved on so quickly! It's like they never even happened! I expected more from them even if they weren't together anymore. Stephan and Eleana weren't as close as they were anymore. It just turned into a completely different show. The new plot that they made in Season 5 and 6 was not bad; it just never connected to the original plot of the series. I love the fact that they are moving forward but I hate that they forget their pasts. It's like it never happened. It's like Season 5 came with amnesia. I liked how Tyler mentioned that Caroline was his Ex in Season 6 because frankly, I don't even remember. They loved each other so much.. for nothing to show for. At least Stephan still clearly cared about Eleana.

Anyways, 'Vampire Diaries' should change it's title to Vampires Over Witches. I don't even see Stephan write in his diary anymore!

If I were to write this series, I would have made Kai stuck in a prison world with both Katherine and Lily. Kai eventually falls in love Katherine. Katherine, the heartless monster, uses him but also kinda falls for him. Lily on the other hand doesn't recognize any of her sons. She slowly collects her memories of the past decades and remembers that it was Klaus who turned her--- not just for fun, he had a reason.

Vampire Diaries did not live up to my expectations.
  • Vampire Diaries getting worse every year and the title should be changed to its similar film

Season 1 - Good start for a good show

Season 2 - LORD OF THE RINGS (Imagine almost all of the vampires have light immunity rings which should have been only for a selected few

Seasons 3 & 4 - MULTIPLICITY (Haven't had enough Doppelgngers Catherine and Elena, the show added one more, making them triplets and technically is no longer a doppelgnger. But still not contented with Multiplicity so they made Stefan a Doppelganger

Seasons 5 & 6 - THE PRINCESS DIARIES (Losing a lot action and focusing more on talk and
  • Totally dissappointed and dissolutioned

I am so NOT going to watch next season. Not only did the writers take Eleana out of the picture but to kill off Jo? Really? Who was pregnant with twins and during her wedding. What's the point? Although I like Damon and Stefan, isn't the show supposed to be about Eleana and her life? I am sooooo disappointed.
  • saddened a great show has been crumbled to trash

The end of Season 5 had much hope to it with Alaric coming back but with him changing back to human he just turned into a lovesick puppy with no true plot role. Ever since the Originals left they've tried to come up with some super powerful source and basically failed. Silas almost worked out and wish they kept him alive. Good writing could have made that have a great super powerful source. Also the Augustine Vampire experiments should have been a bigger plot role that lasted longer. The doppelganger part is dead now with Elena leaving so a major plot role is gone. Kai is just some super powerful bully witch with no believability to me. The cancer story with Caroline's mom and Caroline turning off her humanity and then Stefan was just a waste and filler. Originally from Season 1, Lexie would have been such a huge, incredible, powerful character for TVD to use. Of course she came back in visions and what not but I'd take her over Caroline. They've already gone astray of the books so it wouldn't matter. Also the werewolves story just crumbled and disappeared from TVD. Then I was glad to have more witch but then they went ridiculously overboard and it's barely been a Vampire show with all this witch crap lately.

I'd say the end of Season 4 is where it ended for me but I can handle Season 5. Anything is better than Season 6 which is terrible and I'm honestly completely giving up on the show after this season's finale. Could care less what Season 7 does since with Elena gone the whole plot direction is destroyed for me. Glad The Originals is around now since it's beyond infinitely better than TVD now. And their witch stuff works very well.
  • Vampire Diaries has jumped the shark

I've loved Vampire Diaries since the beginning of the show. But now all this stupid story line with Caroline has made me so sick. this show has jumped the shark for so many different reasons. 'The Originals' has turned out to be a much better show than the Vampire Diaries. I just really hope they kill off Caroline because she's so freaking annoying I can't stand anymore.
  • Nina Debrev

Halleluja, She is leaving!!! Season 6 without her. will be worth watching. Couldn't stand her anymore. She was crying in the last 3 or 4 Episodes more then she was acting or speaking. Hope they make her DYE painfully in the Season Final.
  • My thoughts

Caroline is sooooo ughh sigh!!!! would really like to know what Stefan sees in you... Damon always dah boss ''
  • aquarius32761

Do you realize if they actually kill off Elena theres no way Katherine,Amara or Tatia can return. Nina Dobrev is leaving!!! And now that she's leaving it seems like they should just end the series the story line is rather beginning to fall weak since there running out of Stefan and Caroline, Caroline needs someone hardcore to handle her like Klaus

They should find a really cool way for her to die and not just leave like her brother jermy So i could hear Caroline sing again

why does Caroline want Stefan in his ripping state? that's not fair. actually guys, i don't think Caroline deserves Stefan. he is too handsome a guy for a blonde like her. maybe I'd prefer Bonnie to Caroline.

she is a cool character though.

maybe Klaus needs a
  • What to do with Enzo

I have to admit when Enzo was first introduced, I thought he was a cool character. But, now he seems to be going nowhere. For one thing, his fixation on Stefan makes no sense. He is mad at Stefan for not looking for Damon. The same demon brother who disappeared regularly for years and only to reappear and create chaos in Stephan's life. I mean Damon isn't mad about it, really he never really tried to contact Stefan or even bothered to tell him about his imprisonment when he got out. So why would it bother Enzo so much. I would think he would be mad at Damon for leaving him in the burning building instead. After all he gave Damon his blood ration so he could get stronger. When Damon could not free him he just turned off his humanity and forgot about him. Sure Stefan did kill him, but then he gave him no choice in the matter. Please drop this crazy storyline and give Enzo something he can really sink his teeth into. I mean, for someone who spent most of his life in a prison, it is time to get a life.
  • The show can go on without Elena, but with a better storyline :)

Kill off Elena and bring back Katherine! She has more spunk :) The show can also go on with Bonnie as I'm really digging her character now! I prefer watching her and Damon together! I would also like to see more of Enzo and Caroline :) And WHY did they have to ruin her and Stefan's relationship! Can't anyone stay really good friends in this show without screwing each other? Crikey!
  • Still my favorite show

I will always love TVD it still has lots of action to me and lots of plot twist and with all these people saying its a downer stfu because what DRAMA tv show isn't. And Vampire Blood can't cure cancer because Vampire Blood multiplies cells faster, that's how it heals wounds in humans if you give it to a cancer patient it will obviously make the process faster you fucking idiots -_- (and I'm talking to the comment section)
  • My Swan song

Sigh. This used to be my all time favorite show to watch and now all I wish for it is cancellation. It seems like as soon as Kevin Williamson left and Elena died and became a vampire the soul of Tvd died as well. I mean she's supposed to be the heroine of the entire show which she was during seasons 1-3. But after becoming a vampire Elena became a selfish self absorbed bitch like Caroline was in season 1. Everything is always me me me with her when before she used to be so selfless and caring. She treated Stefan and the rest of her friends like shit on the bottom of her shoe after everything that he did to save and protect her from the beginning. All she cared abt was fucking Damon. This show was supposed to be 'Stefan's story' but has turned into the Delena diaries since season 4 and everyone who's not them are basically stand ins for illogical plot lines and plot devices to hook up people just to give them a storyline. They ruined a great friendship in between Stefan and Caroline just so that he wouldn't be a threat to their precious little Delena loving hearts. They wanted them together so badly that they killed off Caroline's mom to do it. And don't even get me started on how her death made any sense I mean since when can't vampire blood cure diseases such as cancer? In season 5 Elena remembered herself as a kid witnessing her dad cure a little girl with cancer so why in the hell is Care's mom any different? Oh right it's so that she can lean of Stefan after she turns her emotions back on smdh. I'm so sick of Enzo I physically want to stake him myself. Both he and Alaric should've just stayed dead because they're useless and boring to watch. Glad bonnie's back even though I bet she sacrifices herself for the millionth time on the season finale smdh. It amazes me to no end how this show got renewed for a 7th season especially with the lack of viewers every week tuning in. But I say it's what they get because they've (writers, directors, producers) have been basically saying fuck you to anyone who doesn't ship Delena since season 4 and people are tired of it. I mean they act is if those are the only fans that helped them get to season 6. I've never witnessed such an immense amount of unprofessionalism as I have with the people who over this very show. Calling loyal fans who ship couples other than Delena and Steroline as "the other fandom" the constant favoritism to the Delena fandom is repulsive. I'm just over the whole damn show myself idc who ends up with who and that's saying something because I was once such a strong Stelena shipper. But now they could all go up in flames and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. More power to all that still watch the shit but I won't be with you on that one. I'm done with TVD
  • go fuck your self

i hate to wait for episode like 2 months u fuckers go fuck your self
  • The Downward Spiral Continues

TVD used to be one of my favorite shows. It was filled with action, intrigue and mystery and it excelled thanks to the strong bonds and relationships between the characters. The writing was amazing and every episode was something to look forward to.

There always seemed to be a twist and turn around every corner and the writers kept the viewers guessing, building strong story arcs that progressed naturally through the season. It didn't seem forced or contrived.

When I say that, I'm mostly talking about the first four seasons (when generally vampires were actually badass, not weeping or whining or brooding over The love triangle between the Salvatore brothers and Elena was genuinely emotive. Katherine's scheming was funny and gripping and the addition of the Originals, especially Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah took the show to a whole other level (mostly thanks to the excellent acting of Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, and Claire The show definitely lost something when they left for New Orleans.

However, honestly, since season 5, there has been a definite downturn in the quality of the show. I'm not sure why, but the storylines seem either mundane, recycled, or just plain nonsense. A lot of the time the performances seem awkward, and even though I was very impressed with Ian Somerhalder's awesome directorial debut from an aesthetic point of view, even that couldn't make up for the plot holes and forced interactions.

Some of the 'facts' stated seem to contradict each other too.

For example why can vampire blood cure TB, rabies and other diseases but it can't cure cancer? And if the vamp who was turned still had cancer after transitioning, then why don't Lily Salvatore or Enzo have tuberculosis as vampires if the both of them died from that disease? And didn't Dr. Gilbert use vampire blood to cure Megan of a congential heart condition? I mean, if it can do that surely it can cure cancer rather than worsen it.

Also, I'm wondering what happened to some of the regular characters. Where did Matt go? Did he get so bored with having no storylines to work with that he just skipped town without even saying goodbye? Enzo just seems to be in Mystic Falls without any real purpose. And why is Alaric being given such a lame and pointless plot to work with? I feel like the writers are just giving him things to do as filler for the lackluster stories that they're concocting about characters bed-hopping or acting completely out of character with no real motivation for their actions.

This truly used to be one of my absolute favorite shows but it needs a real shake up. I hope it gets better and finds the magic that once upon a time used to make it so special and captivating to watch.
  • Love the show but, really?

So sick of Stefan flipping the switch scene and Enzo needs to go. I hope the show gets better soon. I'm almost to the the point of not watching it anymore because, it's so aggravating.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10