The Vampire Diaries

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 10, 2009 Returning October 2, 2014

TV123456

The Vampire Diaries Fan Reviews page 2 of 12

• Finally an episode that focuses on the Principal Characters

Shockingly this episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean even Matt did something useful. Uh Jeremy's still as dumb as a post. Nice tension between Damon & Stefan. Caroline got told by Elena, but she fit in nicely in this episode. Now can we kill damn doppleganger story line. Enough. Damon & Elena belong together. Damon is the most honest person on this show, why becuase he doesn't pretend to be something he's not. Here's hoping next season the writers focus on the relationships between the characters as opposed to outside bullshit like The Travelers.
  • Come on

4.5
    The show is not as good as earlier, it's getting dull and boring from week to week like they don't have any new ideas, when Enzo appeared I thought it was refreshing and that something big will happen connected to him, but he is dead now so I guess that ship has sailed. And all the travelers sh*t is more annoying than intriguing, I just hope there is a giant ending of the 5th season because I'm kinda disappointed right now.
  • We need Stefan and Elena together

We can't relate to any of the characters, they're all vamps. Big mistake to turn Elena into a vampire. The first three seasons were magical, but now the story lines move so fast they don't make sense and one can tell they're not well thought out. I used to be glued to the TV, now I just have it as background because it's intensity has gone. Stefan's love for Elena is what kept the show intense and interesting. You could feel what they felt, we got a little of it in last week's episode.
  • What happened

I can't believe how much I used to like this show. It changed when they made the stupid decision to turn Elena into a vampire. A major plot point in the earlier seasons was that Elena wanted to keep her humanity. I can barely tell the difference between her and Katherine any more, she's turned into a needy, smug and disloyal character who is a world away from the girl we were introduced to. I used to root for Damon and Elena, but they made the relationship so dull and soap opera-ish that I've lost interest in that too. I remember the head writer saying something about the love triangle finally being sorted, and that was 3 seasons ago! Honestly, I just wish this show wouldn't concentrate on relationships or boring plot twists so much. Have a look at what some other shows are doing and understand why they're so successful.
  • Meh, used to be better

I used to LOVE this show and when i say "love" i mean love up until season 3. Season 4 had a few great episodes and so did season 5 but recently there have been too many mid season finales that they just come back with these horrible written story lines, characters. They spent a whole 3 (probably even more) episodes talking about the witch Amara but come to find out they just kill her off the show just like that which was a waste of time. Any ways this whole thing (SPOILER ALERT) with the gay witch twins is just too much it's boring and they are not relevant to the show never mind the travellers that are in the show its just so stupid. I used to think this show was amazing it had a great storyline and greatly written episodes but now all i think is that Michael Malarkey's character Enzo is the only thing that is keeping this show together and giving life to it he is officially the new klaus of mystic falls now that Damon is no longer known for his "bad boy" rep because Elena practically chopped his balls off excuse my language ever since she's been going out with Damon. Honestly I'm gonna say i will keep on watching the show but the season finale better be worth all these weeks i've been waiting for each episode to come but i have to say The Originals beats this show ten times more. Sorry The vampire diaries.
  • Writing has been going down hill

I generally like the new Elena, I find her much more interesting and realistic than the old Elena. She's not as sweet and innocent as she used to be but thats life. Stelena was sweet but I never though they were epic and I hope to see Stefan with someone new. I do love Damon and Elena together and they are the main reason I watch this show but they haven't done as well with the DE storyline as the writers could have. Add that to the multiple seemingly pointless story lines and the huge breaks between airings, and this season has been pretty subpar. But all shows have an off season or two and I just hope the writers up their game.
  • These Vampires Suck

The show was super awesome until Elena turned into a vampire, then everything went to shit. Also, they think they are being clever with all these plot twists but it is just getting ridiculous! I swear to god if something happens to Matt, I am completely done with this show, not everybody on it needs to be supernatural for it to get views. If anything they are hurting they rating by just killing everybody off!
  • tvd music

first of all... a lot has changed in the 4th and 5th season.. but the music i remember watching the first three seasons and actually enjoying them A LOT because in every scene i used to be so involved in the emotions because the background music theme they used to put in different scenes just got to me... and i loved the music they used to put when stephen was writing in his diary... and the passion and danger music they used to put while damon and elena were having a moment... i mean please bring that stuff back... now everything has changed so much, i still love the show and everything.. but i really miss the way it used to be before... and enough wit the i still love the show.. hope they realize whats really missing now..
  • elena and stefan

I love this show but please put back Elena and Stefan back together that what make me watch the show in the first place the love they have for each other. Now they not together any more I don't won't too watch the show
  • Love The Vampire Diaries

I love this show, and will continue to watch it as long as they keep making new seasons. I don't know why everyone keeps saying it is getting the same to me as it has always been. The only thing negative I have to say is PLEASE NO CAROLINE AND STEPHEN ... GAG! I think Caroline and Klaus would be much better. Also I love Enzo he is a great knew addition. I would also love to see more of is such a cutie. I am not a big fan of Jeremy for some reason. I think the way he talks bugs me and his acting seems awkward. I find him boring. I also find Tyler boring. Please show more Enzo, Matt and Klaus, Love them! And I will say again no Stephen and no.

Anyway as I said in the beginning I love this show and every week I can't wait for the next episode to come and I hate it when I have to wait to weeks lol.
  • last seen

looks so much like dana -sis
  • vamp ship is going to sink...

2.5
    As per the previous reviews about season 4 &5, All i can say is after watching the first three seasons, i tried to read the plot summary over wiki and u knw wat i feel proud not to have seen season 4 and 5(17 episodes), it saved a significant time...

All this happnd coz f lack of new idea nd SOLID RECURRENCE of same events...

• Damon Lover

5.5
    I loved the chemistry between Elena and Damon. I loved the stability that she brought to his character. Even though we know that Damon is a bad vamp, we know that as long as Elena and him were together, he would not make a bad choice. I think that Stephan is great for someone else. He and Elena make a boring couple. Caroline and Claus are awesome together. Bonnie and Jeremy are super hot together. Elena's indecisiveness is making her my least favorite character. Let her and Damon get back together and let them become a stable couple. Let some of the other characters take the spotlight. The whole Elena and Stephan and Elena and Damon is boring. Sort of like Bella and Edward/Jacob saga. She ended up with Edward but I think that it would have made a much more exciting book/movie if she ended up with Jacob. 5.5
  • Became SUPER boring

I stopped watching this on 5th season. This show turned to total crap with constant resurrections of main characters, everybody now is a werewolf or vampire, dialogues are awful and storyline is boring as hell. I was much, much better, but now it's good only as a goofball. Bleh...
  • Love this show.

I still absolutely love this show, but it needs just a little more excitment.
  • stelenaforever

Seriously? It's getting really annoying seeing the exact same thing happen over and over agsin. Ifi had a choice I would justknow whho Elena ends up with and never look at TVd again
  • Katherine dies, the show dies

Katherine Freakin' Pierce was the life of the show. Everyone else has become boring and predictable; I can't even stand to watch scenes with Elena anymore. Like, what's so exciting about her? Nothing. The only thing preventing her from getting killed off, is the fact that she's the main character. Katherine, however, has always had more potential; how can the writers just throw away something as precious as the Goddess who gave the Salvatore brothers eternal life? She's their beginning and their end, always will be. Whether they like it or not. I believe Katherine deserves a lot more credit than she gets, and definitely does NOT deserve being dragged to hell. Like, wtf? People who have died before her and successfully passed through Bonnie were no better than her. They just hadn't lived and suffered as much, hadn't had as many chances to screw up as Kat did. I'm sure if they had been put in her shoes for a few years, they would've become a thousand times worse than her.
  • tvd lover <3

kathrine never dies :D

fuck yeah :)

love this i am for greece and i can't watch TVD online and i need to wait a site to share news episodes with greek subs
  • Becoming increasingly boring, but..

I'll start off by saying that I have been a fan of this show for awhile.. It was the first show I binge-watched when I got Netflix. I had often avoided it in the beginning because of the title, and the fact that I likened it to Twilight purely because of the vampire romance aspect. What started off as a pretty lame teenage romantic drama soon turned into a show that brought me to tears every other episode... Never thought that I would become so invested in fictional characters. I think that one of the things that this show does best is character development. Caroline is probably the best example of this. The second thing that I like about it is that it introduces some interesting mysteries that keep me on the edge of my seat.. Or it used to anyway. I would give it a rating of 10, but since season 4 I have been becoming increasingly bored. I feel like it is the same stuff over and over, not as bad as Degrassi, but still pretty repetitive. There is just something about the show that makes me forgive this frustrating fault, and I keep coming back every Thursday (out of boredom, but I do keep coming back). Not a bad show, but I can't wait for something interesting to happen.. Something that makes me eager for Thursdays again.
  • This show is turning into a soap.

Do not get me wrong, I am a huge and loyal fan of this show from the very first episode. However, I find this season to be boring and uneventful. Let's recap this season so far:

- Elena/Katherine Stefan/Damon drama - nothing new, been going on since the beginning. Sure they added the twist of Katherine controlling Elena's body but I think this is important or exciting enough to be the main story of the season.

- Damon going off the deep end - nothing new there, just a slight twist of him feeding on vampires. *yawn*

- Caroline broke up with Tyler - who cares. They barely saw each other when they were together anyway.

Seems to me, the writers are running out of ideas for this show and it has gotten significantly less exciting. It is a shame because the concept is fantastic. Need to shake things up a bit, season is almost over and we are still waiting for the big event to happen that is going to shape this season. Bonnie dying had potential but they just brought her back to life so they can all live happily ever after. Maybe new writers are needed to put a fresh spin on this show or it is going to lose viewers.

• The vampire diaries (spoilers)

This show is still good, however I feel this show peaked in its 2nd and 3rd season. It is not as interesting now and what sucks is that because Elena and Katherine are in the same body one of them will go for good at one point
  • This show needs to change its title to: We have so many love conections going on we have no idea who is with who!

I tried to give this show a chance but every single episode is somehow about a love connection or triangle or quadrangle or double loop or whatever term you want to use and even when you think an episode is not going to be about people having the hots for each they still make it about people trying to make a love connection.

I understand that any show geared towards women is going to have a plot device that focuses on love and relationships but this takes that idea and drags it on to the point that you do not care anymore if the main couple gets together or not.
  • This show is awesome !!!!!!

awesome ,awesome ,awesome show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hands down
  • This show is a stalemate!

Wow.. this show has literally gone to the dogs now!

Season 4 clearly showed they had no more plots and brains...

and now season 5... they just hitting the Repeat button!!

Sad... it was so good before!

• so.........

I used to like Elena now than i did before because i thought her character was really annoying and idk i just found her really annoying. but now, i find them old and new Elena annoying. I'm glad Katherine took over her body but for some reason i didnt really like her in this episode. I think Elena(who's now Katherine) needs a new hairstyle, like maybe straighten it again cause i think i'll find her less annoying when she speaks.

Oh, and I want bonnie to become a witch again. Maybe her and Jeremy can break up and then later in the show they'll find someone.

Not sure how I feel about Damon.

No Steroline please.

• something wrong with this show

Wow, some people think that Tylor is a douche beceause of the way he reacted with caroline!! I d like to see how you react if you girl\boyfriend slept with the one who killed your mother and contrelled you like a pet. Its like if you re good looking and cool acting you can do whatever you want and people forget about the evil things you did in the past. And now in the last episode caroline was totally normal, if that never happened.

And come one what s that about Damon, beceause elena didnt choose him, he returned like the first season.

Sry for the fans of this show, but i just hope that the winchesters would pop up and slash everyone of this show beceause no one here excepte for a few humans are good. Everyone is betraying each other for their own benefits
  • no more ideas to come up with

i love tvd, but lets be honest, its really clear that tvd producers are desperate for new ideas. what havent they invented yet? we only have aliens and faries left to invite to tvd's party. also there's no plot here, what is the conflict? that katherine got inside elena's body? come on! that used to be a minor problem before, now is the only thing going on here apart from the who stays with who crap. also, the originals is a clue to how desperate the producers are for money, i know people like the show, me too, but it seems like its only a trick to get more money.

• is elena really gone??????

in episode 13 of season 5 catherine is in elena's body for good right?? cause elena's body gets burned and all but she can't be really gone can she???
  • Stefan's Epic Fail (ep 5x12)

Okay who else does not buy that not only does Bonny not notice that she didn't feel Katherine's death but that after Katherine's mini hissy fit, Stefan doesn't realize that she is not Elena. I mean come on! I can buy that Elena doesn't just kill both of Nadia and the Traveller them when she has the chance, but I am rather sick of Matt being everybody's bitch. How can he not have a secret back up vervain thing on him by now? Why is his character still just so stupid? Okay that's my rant for the episode ... That and Tyler is a douche Caroline sho uld have just said it was revenge sex with Klaus for him say putting revenge over love of her.
  • Better than Twilight!

These vampires are not blossoming and they are drinking alcohol too. I prefer these awesome vampires rather than the Twilight vampires who can't even drink a glass of whisky.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10