The Vampire Diaries

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 10, 2009 Returning October 2, 2014

TV123456

The Vampire Diaries Fan Reviews (351)

• no no no

so everything was going brilliant, this was by far one of my favourite series to watch. i was watching episodes everyday and became slightly addicted, i couldnt help myself but look up a few spoilers to find that elena falls for damon and ends things with stefan? due to this, i can literally no longer watch tvd, im so disapointed and annoyed at whoever decided that would be a great plot twist, as i loved stefan and elena, they were tvd! i also later discovered bonnie and jeremy die? i was getting so attached to the characters and their relationships, such a good story build up and i dont want to ruin it by watching on, it isnt possible. words cant describe how disapointed i am, really. im rating a 1, because its heartbreaking that elena falls for damon and leaves stefan then all the good guys die.
  • IS ELENA JUST A TOTAL WHORE???

Honestly, i dont get why the choice betwn damon and stefan is tough. damon rules...

*your argument is invalid
  • Holy shit will Elena ever stop crying and this show just keep getting worse.

This show cant get worse, I cant believe CW has space for stupid crap like TVD and the origianls but no space for Tomorrow People.

They should have ended the series strong in season 3 itself, go on girls I honestly dont care if u dislike this. Just sharing my opinion.
  • These Vampires Suck

The show was super awesome until Elena turned into a vampire, then everything went to shit. Also, they think they are being clever with all these plot twists but it is just getting ridiculous! I swear to god if something happens to Matt, I am completely done with this show, not everybody on it needs to be supernatural for it to get views. If anything they are hurting they rating by just killing everybody off!
  • Katherine dies, the show dies

Katherine Freakin' Pierce was the life of the show. Everyone else has become boring and predictable; I can't even stand to watch scenes with Elena anymore. Like, what's so exciting about her? Nothing. The only thing preventing her from getting killed off, is the fact that she's the main character. Katherine, however, has always had more potential; how can the writers just throw away something as precious as the Goddess who gave the Salvatore brothers eternal life? She's their beginning and their end, always will be. Whether they like it or not. I believe Katherine deserves a lot more credit than she gets, and definitely does NOT deserve being dragged to hell. Like, wtf? People who have died before her and successfully passed through Bonnie were no better than her. They just hadn't lived and suffered as much, hadn't had as many chances to screw up as Kat did. I'm sure if they had been put in her shoes for a few years, they would've become a thousand times worse than her.
  • This show is a stalemate!

Wow.. this show has literally gone to the dogs now!

Season 4 clearly showed they had no more plots and brains...

and now season 5... they just hitting the Repeat button!!

Sad... it was so good before!

• IM SO OVER ELENAS WHINY AND BOUNCING BACK AND FORTH..

WATCH THE ORIGINALS!! IF YOUR SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING ELENA GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN BROTHERS GO WATCH THE ORIGINALS! BECAUSE IM SO OVER VAMPIRE DIARIES IT CAN ONLY GO SO MUCH BEFORE ITS DEJA VU WITH EVERY EPISODE SEEING BOTH BROTHER STRUGGLE TO GET ELENA ..
  • i didnt seen worst story like this.

How elena will leave stefan ! thats disgusting . He Did Every Thing For . How She leaves him . Stefan kept his life to Save her. When elena loves Stephen no one gone . Whenever she starts feeling on loss his brother,bonnie and everything. I am it only one . That is also for stefan
  • Serial Killers and the women who love/cover for them.

Hypothetical question:

Whichever of the Salvatore bothers Elena is salivating for has just completed the ritual to wake up Acathla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Elena has the sword necessary to end the ritual by killing her love, and he is completely open to attack, gloating over how she will not be able to kill him. Will she:

A) Run him through, saving the world at the cost of killing the man she loved.

B) Kiss him as the world gets flushed into hell, dooming humanity to extinction.

I think we all know Elena will choose option 'B'.
  • Only watching because of Klaus + Caroline

Elena sucked ever since this show started. I only watched again when I heard Klaus and Caroline's love was brewing and that it was worth watching the show. I even change the channel when Dobrevs face comes on and check back periodically to see if klaroline's on.
  • This crap needs to be booted off TV!

This has to be one of the saddest TV shows on at the moment. How Vampire Diaries has made it past Season One is beyond my knowledge.
  • Gonna stop watching

The show has gone to hell!!!
  • All filler, no killer

How does anyone actually consider this a great show? Aside from girls fantasizing, I can't see any worth to it.. it's super slow, the vampires are obsessed with a girl for no real reason (once again), there's barely any story to it.. I feel like I'm reading a book, but each episode is just a couple pages of the book. Super long description of some minute occurrence such as being stuck in a cave or [insert scenario here] where one of the vampire brothers shows up to save the girl and scare off another vampire, and then that's it. It's basically a soap opera with vampires thrown in the mix. Come on guys...
  • worst show ever.

writer kevin williamson (dawsons creek) is doing everything he can to destroy everything i love about vampires into a "insert teen drama here" cliche of a show.

breaking so many vampire doctrines that dracula is turning in his grave.

the dialogue is at best...sadly funny.

favourite moment is actually in the pilot.

when stefan turns to elena and says... "i was never good at ... chit chat" seriously dude...never would have guessed that after a century of bloodsucking...thats the best you can come up with.

at least everybody looks beautiful. project run away with teeth

• Elena and her brother loses their parents. Life sucks. Suddenly a mysterious boy shows up at their school. A vampire. A couple of people die, one gets hurt. Another vampire shows up. A little fighting. And bla bla bla... Deja vu, anyone???

With series like True Blood and movies like Twilight out there, the Vampire Daries just doesn't cut it. It's quite boring and gives a bad taste of deja vu. I can't believe i wasted over 40 min of my life watching this crap. But if I were to mention something good about the series it would have to be that Elenas brother is kinda cute and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is a little hot, but FYI, Stefan (Paul Wesley) is not. He is a mamas boy version of Angel (David Boreanaz). Sadly I think there's a lot of teenaged girls who will love him and this series... But in my opinion this is one of the worst vampire series ever...
  • Dire.

How luck are the producers? They seem to have been able to cast three wooden actors in the lead roles. Ian Somerhalder as the smug and plastic-faced evil brother, Nina Dobrev as a passable Bambi, and Paul Wesley doing a pretty good impersonation of a mute with defined abs and less well defined personality.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the same formulaic plot in every episode is just tedious; evil brother spreads rumour, Bambi told by friend of rumour, cue pouting and the inevitable falling out, followed by the hackneyed stalwart of other angst-ridden dramas - the make-up/make-out session. Imagine my surprise when next week the same thing happens all over again.
  • 1 girl, 2 vamps this story is getting old already

Not much to review, same tween vampire trend that all the little girls are eating up. I see no real interest in this and I hope it doesn't make it past a first season. Buffy and Angel were the only CW young adult Vampire shows I'd watch. This was so dull, no original concept, storyline, characters... I can at least enjoy True Blood but it's not a watered down CW show. I didn't even enjoy Twilight so I guess I'm just not into this tween crap. Can this crap and bring back Terminator: TSCC. If you're a youngin and have never seen Buffy go rent or buy some DVD's and watch that instead of this crap.
  • Girl meets guy, who so happens to be a vampire. Guy fell in love with girl. Guy's brother come into the picture. Blah blah blah.

Another chick vampire flick?? Isn't Twilight enough? Why are they cancelling all the good vampire series such as Moonlight and Angel? We need more in-depth storylines, not some cheap, cliched plots like this one! Although the cast is well chosen, the plot is seriously over-used. We can use some coffee to actually stay awake throughout the entire episode. The idea that the main vampire character is all "sparkling" with goodness and always trying to help the "damsel in distress" female protagonist is getting way boring. I doubt that I will give this series another thought. 4.6 million viewers, seriously? Supernatural deserves the love, not this chick flick.
  • One of the worst.

What can you say. Platsic Barbie looking girls that can't act, just smile and try look cute. Toooooo much makeup and somtimes the girls look old. What are they 15 or 30? Hmm.

And the vampire guy look old and what on earth did he wear?

I know it's not about the looks and what cloths they have, but I can't help to not like it at all.

And how they act in this show is horrible. It looks like one of my first movies I did when I was 12. And the show feels like a bad copy of Twilight.

I'm not going to follow this show and I'm sure it will be a short one. Hell pull the plug now and use the time and money on something better!

Score: 1 of 5
  • Worst piece of teen-vampire dung I have ever scene.

Predictably lame. I hate this show with every fiber of my being. Take every schlocky cliche you can imagine about teen angst films and every schlocky cliche you can imagine about crappy vampire movies and put them together and you will have the steaming pile of crud that you could ever find in the way of a cruddy tv show. Seriously though, this is by far one of the lamest shows i think i have ever seen. I for one would rather carve my eyeballs out of my own head than to watch one more episode of this drivel. Corporate cookie-cutter crapavision.
  • Another vampire story?

I don't get the whole Vampire-Human Relationship. The whole vampire thing is a MYTH and NOT real. I hated Twilight and thought Stephenie Meyer is an awful author and it doesn't change the fact that this show is any better. I don't get why do people waste their time watching some mythical creature exploring the mortal world, oh wait, I know why, they're all a bunch of fan girls probably crushing over the vampire. Pathetic. There are tons of shows that is just as good and is actually not far from reality and is just as entertaining and actually MAKES SENSE rather than this show.
  • The writers are pissing off the fans

1.5
    Anyone who went on tumblr, or or youtube would easily see that what the writers are doing with the characters is infuriating the fans. The fans are fed up with elena whining about everything and beign the center of the universe. the writers justify her whining by sayign she has been through so much. But in reality she hasnt been through as much as some of her friends. Caroline has been kidnapped 5 times, tortured 4 times, has nearly died twice from hybrid bites, was raped and abused by damon (and yes it was rape because he compelled away her will to fight back or deny him, she was not a consensual or willing elena could care actually throws it in carolines face because everything revolves around her.

Then you take into account that the writers arent being logical at all when it comes to the other characters. If Klaus gains camille as a love interest in the spin off, fans are going to be infuriated. Why would a 1000 year old vampire who has never had a relationship with a woman besides sex and draining suddenly start a relationship with a human? especially since we all know that for the first time in over 1000 years he has fallen in love with caroline.

Bonnies story line has gone down the toilet as well.

THE ONLY REASON I CONTINUE TO HANG AROUND THE SHOW AT THIS POINT IS TO SEE IF ANY KLAROLINE COMES OF IT
  • Elena never went weak when Kalus took all the blood from her veins !

and now she went so weak immediately, secondly what a pathetic way of taking blood out of doppelgangers !
  • What happened?

Is part of the writers' new process being drunk for this season? 'Cause I swear this show was interesting before the swan dive known as Season 5...

I feel like I'm watching a soap opera now.
  • Least favorite Season - Bad writing :/

Nina and Ian break up in real life - and suddenly Delena can't be on screen together for more than 2 seconds half the time? I'm finding that hard to swallow.

Ratings are down. But not because people are sick of the romance as someone suggested. It's because we aren't getting the romance we were promised. We still have a damn triangle when there shouldn't be a triangle. Elena was in love with Stefan. Then he left. And she bonded with Damon and quite possibly fell in love with him. Then Stefan came back and the good girl Elena was couldn't pick Damon over Stefan. But then she became a vampire and found the courage to say what she really wanted. Damon. Triangle over! To continue the triangle at this point only makes Elena look wishy-washy and kindof mean. She made her choice. The end.

But all of a sudden, we have Stefan and Elena thrown together time and time again. We have them having music-filled moments, touching faces, saying things like "i miss you" and "you know me better than anyone" while your current boyfriend sits right there. And of course we have silas and Tessa saying how the universe wants Stelena to be together. Well, then let them be together! For God sake, just end the damn triangle. It's BS to continue it over and over season after season.

The writers need to grow a pair and make a freaking decision and end the back and forth. Once and for all. I thought they were moving towards a Caroline/Stefan pairing last season but then those two have barely spoken this season. Then I thought maybe Stefan/Rebekah but now she's gone and of course she got it on with Matt so either way it's not Stefan.

And wouldn't be reasonable that Damon would have already had a "flashback" of the damn Augustine vampire prior to seeing that bag of blood with a number on it. I don't know, like maybe from TALKING TO HIS GIRLFRIEND ELENA. Whatever. I love this show, but I hate this show too right now. Not happy
  • Interview Style Annoying

Anyone else find this "interview style" storytelling annoying? The background might as well just be out-of-focus cardboard cut-outs, with ambient sound, since almost the whole thing is shot like each character is being interviewed, and no one else is really there. No interaction with them, no nothing.
  • GETTING REALLY BORING

Show is dragging..18 episodes and we are yet to know what the season is all about. Catherine suddenly showing up with elija. the true face of silas not seen since is awakening. this surely has to be the final season
  • Not consistent

I love this show but I am getting slightly iterated that the show is on every week and then once a fortnight. Seriously CW cant make their mind up when they are having shows on.

This sounds sad, but I have all my favorite shows on calendar so I know what I have to look forward to watching that night.
  • It Sucks

Come on, an other Vampire show where a teen past the all focken season after a 500 years Dude, The same all story that we know since Dracula, the story it's not bad, but it stinks. Just the crazy teens want to see it, It is an sick version of twillight saga. we want something original. Not the same Vampire can't date a normal teen stuff. In every coutry there are a vampire season. We don't want to bee seen in the future like the vampire sicks generation. The vampire thing is not bad, But the story in it is what meke me feel sick. Give us something new,
  • This is my final season to watch Vampire Diaries

2.5
    Well this ended my reign for watching #VampireDiaries. Bonnie, & Damon were the main reasons I watched the show with Elena a close third . It sucked when they took away Bonnie's powers, then on top of that they killed Elena, I stopped watching then until Elena returned, but this time was strike 3. Damon is my favorite character on the show. I hear he just landed another role, and well Bonnie never recovered her powers and then they kill her. The only African American on the show?!!! It was fun while it lasted.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10