The Vampire Diaries

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 10, 2009 In Season

The Vampire Diaries Fan Reviews (421)

• Nina Debrev

Halleluja, She is leaving!!! Season 6 without her. will be worth watching. Couldn't stand her anymore. She was crying in the last 3 or 4 Episodes more then she was acting or speaking. Hope they make her DYE painfully in the Season Final.
  • go fuck your self

i hate to wait for episode like 2 months u fuckers go fuck your self
  • This Show is getting boring

I used to love TVD when there was The Originals season. Seeing Klaus, Rebekah, and Kol were more exciting than Silas and Markus things that was so boring, annoying, and weird. Season 2,3 and 4 is great but seson 5 is getting ridiculous and then season 6, It's so pointless and sooo boring. I really did'nt enjoy the first 15 minutes in season 6 episode 1 and the most ridiculous thing is when the ghost can come back to life without finding their body. This show is getting worst in every episode. And I still don't understand why Tyler become human again. Can somebody explain to me about it? And Caroline is the most annoying character in season 1-6 which means in all seasons she's so damn annoying. If Julia plec made her be killed in season 1 I think it wouldn't change the plot at all. And the mistake Julia Plec made was when Elena and Bonnie thought that Caroline was a bitch then why should they became bestfriend when caroline became a vampire? That doesn't make any sense. How could a bitch suddenly turn into a good people when she became a vampire whom is the monster that should kill human to stay alive? Oh and the main characters keep coming back from death is so damn annoying and ridiculous.
  • Never to watch again

so as I am enjoying my Vampire Diaries I watch it religiously every week never missing an episode not even halfway through it I had to change the channel. it seems the show has resorted to promoting drug use therefore I opted to watch the new episode of Big Bang Theory is this what the world is coming to when a TV show has to promote drugs to get more ratings drug use is nothing to joke about it's a serious illness it doesn't make a show any better and it doesn't make the plot any more important this is BULLS*** I for one boycott Vampire Diaries and will never watch it again ridiculous.
  • please just end the show

i used to love this show, watched it from the very beginning. Now season 6 has ruined the whole show for me. when my boyfriend watches it i just want to turn it off and its so sad because i was in love. theyre bringing in stupid characters and after the 5th season, shouldve just ended it because the plot sucks, seems like they ran out of ideas, and the newer actors are horrible horrible actors. especially all these stupid witches. its getting so old and makes me so angry the way that its gone. i just wish the writers would kill everyone off the show and stop bringing people back. i mean theres only a certain amount of times you can raise people from the dead before its not even sad that they died in the first place because guess what, theyre just gona come right back. this show is the biggest disappointment of any show ive ever seen. even one tree hill and that show was on for ten yrs too long.
  • The Failings of TVD

The Vampire Diaries started with a decent, honest concept, and then it became what every show does when it is dragged out for too long. The main plot becomes the romantic pairings and the subplot, is the actual plot. Rather than focus on character dynamics, development or unique villains, we see everything to be based on romantic involvement. I understand that romance is a major factor but when you do not even know the plot of the show, then you know it is getting worse. If you don't know the direction of which it is heading to, then you understand why less and less viewers tune in.

In the previous seasons, mostly Season 1-2, there was a heavy concentration on plot, friendship, development and advancement of abilities. As the seasons drag on, we see the characters become one dimensional, romantically inclined, characteristically declined and sexually active. The villains are boring, one dimensional, uninteresting individuals who have no prior reason to be on the show. Many times, they are one dimensional.

The writers do forget that a plot is suppose to come together, as a whole, not in crooked subplots that are disjointed. In the MANY romantic subplots, the main plot is forgotten and often left for the last three episodes. This is what makes the Vampire Diaries pathetic. You can focus on the romance but you have to remember the plot. The plot is what makes a show interesting. Just pairing up people, for the sake of viewership, just turns viewers off.

Its sad to see a show fall. But it happens, especially when there are tons of love triangles, love interests, guest stars and the failure to use their main cast.
  • Season 6th of the vampire diaries

Season 6 has become way boring! the vampire diaries was the first TV show that I always chose to watch, now it has become the last one! the first 4 episodes were way boring and it has turned from my best favorite TV show to the least favorite one.
  • The Heart Of A Child

The Vampire Diaries is a great series overall, however, staff writers of the series are becoming sloppy with regards to the nature of the content. It's one thing to see vampires biting necks, but it's a completely different matter when principle characters start glorifying "massacres" - Damon, series 5 finale, and the whole tearing people's heads off and pulling people's hearts out. Not to mention the constant snapping people's necks. But don't worry, it's okay, characters can come back to life. There is no heaven or hell, it doesn't matter what you do in life, you just hang out in between worlds for a while, you're forgiven and then you come back and get to do whatever bad things you want all over again. Certain writers of The Vampire Diaries are "seriously" disturbed individuals and it is "disgusting" that the censors of television or, heaven's forbid, Warner Bros executives, don't wrangle in their uneducated employees who are giving impressionable minds "green lights" to commit suicide or inflict harm upon others. The Vampire Diaries started off okay, now it just "sucks"! Staff writers, get rid of them. Hire some truly talented writers who aren't psychologically disturbed!
  • what would make it perfect

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh the only thing i liked about this series is when that vam-hunter said

:"Good luck to you lads , the girl(lil ho elena) brought it on you , may you rot in it "

• Dawson's Creek with pointy fangs

That's right, if wasn't for the fangs this could be called Dawson's Creek. It has the same teenage drama, only with vampires. And this is a very poor comparison, because I think Dawson's Creek is one of the best shows I've ever seen. But like all the cast of Dawson's Creek I grew up and I can't stand this empty teenage dramas any longer. The last one I managed to follow without the urge to cut my wrists was The OC.

Honestly CW should follow HBO and bury this waste of time... preferably with a stake in its heart.

• This show sucks

WAY to go off the books and add crap that never happened in her books on TV. If you are going to use a book for the series PLEASE remember that there are still people who read and have read the book way before this was a TV series. ONCE you add stuff that never happened I STOPED WEATCHING!!! THIS SHOW SHOULD BE CANCELED!
  • no no no

so everything was going brilliant, this was by far one of my favourite series to watch. i was watching episodes everyday and became slightly addicted, i couldnt help myself but look up a few spoilers to find that elena falls for damon and ends things with stefan? due to this, i can literally no longer watch tvd, im so disapointed and annoyed at whoever decided that would be a great plot twist, as i loved stefan and elena, they were tvd! i also later discovered bonnie and jeremy die? i was getting so attached to the characters and their relationships, such a good story build up and i dont want to ruin it by watching on, it isnt possible. words cant describe how disapointed i am, really. im rating a 1, because its heartbreaking that elena falls for damon and leaves stefan then all the good guys die.

Honestly, i dont get why the choice betwn damon and stefan is tough. damon rules...

*your argument is invalid
  • Holy shit will Elena ever stop crying and this show just keep getting worse.

This show cant get worse, I cant believe CW has space for stupid crap like TVD and the origianls but no space for Tomorrow People.

They should have ended the series strong in season 3 itself, go on girls I honestly dont care if u dislike this. Just sharing my opinion.
  • These Vampires Suck

The show was super awesome until Elena turned into a vampire, then everything went to shit. Also, they think they are being clever with all these plot twists but it is just getting ridiculous! I swear to god if something happens to Matt, I am completely done with this show, not everybody on it needs to be supernatural for it to get views. If anything they are hurting they rating by just killing everybody off!
  • Katherine dies, the show dies

Katherine Freakin' Pierce was the life of the show. Everyone else has become boring and predictable; I can't even stand to watch scenes with Elena anymore. Like, what's so exciting about her? Nothing. The only thing preventing her from getting killed off, is the fact that she's the main character. Katherine, however, has always had more potential; how can the writers just throw away something as precious as the Goddess who gave the Salvatore brothers eternal life? She's their beginning and their end, always will be. Whether they like it or not. I believe Katherine deserves a lot more credit than she gets, and definitely does NOT deserve being dragged to hell. Like, wtf? People who have died before her and successfully passed through Bonnie were no better than her. They just hadn't lived and suffered as much, hadn't had as many chances to screw up as Kat did. I'm sure if they had been put in her shoes for a few years, they would've become a thousand times worse than her.
  • This show is a stalemate!

Wow.. this show has literally gone to the dogs now!

Season 4 clearly showed they had no more plots and brains...

and now season 5... they just hitting the Repeat button!!

Sad... it was so good before!

• i didnt seen worst story like this.

How elena will leave stefan ! thats disgusting . He Did Every Thing For . How She leaves him . Stefan kept his life to Save her. When elena loves Stephen no one gone . Whenever she starts feeling on loss his brother,bonnie and everything. I am it only one . That is also for stefan
  • Serial Killers and the women who love/cover for them.

Hypothetical question:

Whichever of the Salvatore bothers Elena is salivating for has just completed the ritual to wake up Acathla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Elena has the sword necessary to end the ritual by killing her love, and he is completely open to attack, gloating over how she will not be able to kill him. Will she:

A) Run him through, saving the world at the cost of killing the man she loved.

B) Kiss him as the world gets flushed into hell, dooming humanity to extinction.

I think we all know Elena will choose option 'B'.
  • Only watching because of Klaus + Caroline

Elena sucked ever since this show started. I only watched again when I heard Klaus and Caroline's love was brewing and that it was worth watching the show. I even change the channel when Dobrevs face comes on and check back periodically to see if klaroline's on.
  • This crap needs to be booted off TV!

This has to be one of the saddest TV shows on at the moment. How Vampire Diaries has made it past Season One is beyond my knowledge.
  • Gonna stop watching

The show has gone to hell!!!
  • All filler, no killer

How does anyone actually consider this a great show? Aside from girls fantasizing, I can't see any worth to it.. it's super slow, the vampires are obsessed with a girl for no real reason (once again), there's barely any story to it.. I feel like I'm reading a book, but each episode is just a couple pages of the book. Super long description of some minute occurrence such as being stuck in a cave or [insert scenario here] where one of the vampire brothers shows up to save the girl and scare off another vampire, and then that's it. It's basically a soap opera with vampires thrown in the mix. Come on guys...
  • worst show ever.

writer kevin williamson (dawsons creek) is doing everything he can to destroy everything i love about vampires into a "insert teen drama here" cliche of a show.

breaking so many vampire doctrines that dracula is turning in his grave.

the dialogue is at best...sadly funny.

favourite moment is actually in the pilot.

when stefan turns to elena and says... "i was never good at ... chit chat" seriously dude...never would have guessed that after a century of bloodsucking...thats the best you can come up with.

at least everybody looks beautiful. project run away with teeth

• Elena and her brother loses their parents. Life sucks. Suddenly a mysterious boy shows up at their school. A vampire. A couple of people die, one gets hurt. Another vampire shows up. A little fighting. And bla bla bla... Deja vu, anyone???

With series like True Blood and movies like Twilight out there, the Vampire Daries just doesn't cut it. It's quite boring and gives a bad taste of deja vu. I can't believe i wasted over 40 min of my life watching this crap. But if I were to mention something good about the series it would have to be that Elenas brother is kinda cute and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is a little hot, but FYI, Stefan (Paul Wesley) is not. He is a mamas boy version of Angel (David Boreanaz). Sadly I think there's a lot of teenaged girls who will love him and this series... But in my opinion this is one of the worst vampire series ever...
  • Dire.

How luck are the producers? They seem to have been able to cast three wooden actors in the lead roles. Ian Somerhalder as the smug and plastic-faced evil brother, Nina Dobrev as a passable Bambi, and Paul Wesley doing a pretty good impersonation of a mute with defined abs and less well defined personality.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the same formulaic plot in every episode is just tedious; evil brother spreads rumour, Bambi told by friend of rumour, cue pouting and the inevitable falling out, followed by the hackneyed stalwart of other angst-ridden dramas - the make-up/make-out session. Imagine my surprise when next week the same thing happens all over again.
  • 1 girl, 2 vamps this story is getting old already

Not much to review, same tween vampire trend that all the little girls are eating up. I see no real interest in this and I hope it doesn't make it past a first season. Buffy and Angel were the only CW young adult Vampire shows I'd watch. This was so dull, no original concept, storyline, characters... I can at least enjoy True Blood but it's not a watered down CW show. I didn't even enjoy Twilight so I guess I'm just not into this tween crap. Can this crap and bring back Terminator: TSCC. If you're a youngin and have never seen Buffy go rent or buy some DVD's and watch that instead of this crap.
  • Girl meets guy, who so happens to be a vampire. Guy fell in love with girl. Guy's brother come into the picture. Blah blah blah.

Another chick vampire flick?? Isn't Twilight enough? Why are they cancelling all the good vampire series such as Moonlight and Angel? We need more in-depth storylines, not some cheap, cliched plots like this one! Although the cast is well chosen, the plot is seriously over-used. We can use some coffee to actually stay awake throughout the entire episode. The idea that the main vampire character is all "sparkling" with goodness and always trying to help the "damsel in distress" female protagonist is getting way boring. I doubt that I will give this series another thought. 4.6 million viewers, seriously? Supernatural deserves the love, not this chick flick.
  • One of the worst.

What can you say. Platsic Barbie looking girls that can't act, just smile and try look cute. Toooooo much makeup and somtimes the girls look old. What are they 15 or 30? Hmm.

And the vampire guy look old and what on earth did he wear?

I know it's not about the looks and what cloths they have, but I can't help to not like it at all.

And how they act in this show is horrible. It looks like one of my first movies I did when I was 12. And the show feels like a bad copy of Twilight.

I'm not going to follow this show and I'm sure it will be a short one. Hell pull the plug now and use the time and money on something better!

Score: 1 of 5