The Vampire Diaries

The CW (ended 2017)

TesserT

The Vampire Diaries Fan Reviews (474)

• This crap needs to be booted off TV!

This has to be one of the saddest TV shows on at the moment. How Vampire Diaries has made it past Season One is beyond my knowledge.
  • Dire.

How luck are the producers? They seem to have been able to cast three wooden actors in the lead roles. Ian Somerhalder as the smug and plastic-faced evil brother, Nina Dobrev as a passable Bambi, and Paul Wesley doing a pretty good impersonation of a mute with defined abs and less well defined personality.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the same formulaic plot in every episode is just tedious; evil brother spreads rumour, Bambi told by friend of rumour, cue pouting and the inevitable falling out, followed by the hackneyed stalwart of other angst-ridden dramas - the make-up/make-out session. Imagine my surprise when next week the same thing happens all over again.
  • Stefan repeatedly thrusting stake into ""bad"vampire,torturing for info, killing. Katie looking nervous at each juicy stab confesses not being disturbed, wonders normal? Adrenalin high,you'll drop later, reassures her lover.

5.5
    Creation of torture scene. Normalizing,rationalizing,supporting her high. Feeding young audiences this attitude. Are you so lost in your world that responsibility is lost? Or do you just not care? It sells. Perhaps you honestly believe it's all fun and fiction. Never influences young minds. Perhaps you are developing
    Katherine's character (adopted) into relationship with super sexual vamp great,great,grandma Kate? Whatever the reasoning it's giving structure and content to an acceptance of unhealthy and dangerous ideas. However if the producers and writers of your show believe that ..say water torture and killing of the "bad guys" is the way to go and want to encourage that idea, you are doing just fine
  • Twilight the tv series

all i've got to say about this is that ok we get it, twilight is a massive deal for some god forsaken reason right now, but does the vampire story line realyl have to be drained dry so to speak in so many shows right now? Also the main actor playing stephan, and the main actor playing the bella wannabe seems to have been casted in the same sort of image as R. Pattinson and whats her face.... i know vamps are meant to have pale skin blah blah blah but the manerisms etc too seems like they have just taken it from the film and changed the story ever so slightly so that they don't get sued or whatever.....
  • It Sucks

Come on, an other Vampire show where a teen past the all focken season after a 500 years Dude, The same all story that we know since Dracula, the story it's not bad, but it stinks. Just the crazy teens want to see it, It is an sick version of twillight saga. we want something original. Not the same Vampire can't date a normal teen stuff. In every coutry there are a vampire season. We don't want to bee seen in the future like the vampire sicks generation. The vampire thing is not bad, But the story in it is what meke me feel sick. Give us something new,
  • Another vampire story?

I don't get the whole Vampire-Human Relationship. The whole vampire thing is a MYTH and NOT real. I hated Twilight and thought Stephenie Meyer is an awful author and it doesn't change the fact that this show is any better. I don't get why do people waste their time watching some mythical creature exploring the mortal world, oh wait, I know why, they're all a bunch of fan girls probably crushing over the vampire. Pathetic. There are tons of shows that is just as good and is actually not far from reality and is just as entertaining and actually MAKES SENSE rather than this show.
  • they are getting too OLD to be highschool kids. end....properly while there is a chance

main actors look too old to be believable to be teenagers any more. have a proper conclusion please.. if it doesn't finish up by the next season... i am not sure i want to continue...
  • worst show ever.

writer kevin williamson (dawsons creek) is doing everything he can to destroy everything i love about vampires into a "insert teen drama here" cliche of a show.

breaking so many vampire doctrines that dracula is turning in his grave.

the dialogue is at best...sadly funny.

favourite moment is actually in the pilot.

when stefan turns to elena and says... "i was never good at ... chit chat" seriously dude...never would have guessed that after a century of bloodsucking...thats the best you can come up with.

at least everybody looks beautiful. project run away with teeth

• The first season has been fantastic but season two is just not much sorry but with every episode i just feel like "Not again!!!".

And the idea of another vampire+suffer+romance tv show is just not right to me, sorry for the fans but that's how i feel :):).

• One of the worst.

What can you say. Platsic Barbie looking girls that can't act, just smile and try look cute. Toooooo much makeup and somtimes the girls look old. What are they 15 or 30? Hmm.

And the vampire guy look old and what on earth did he wear?

I know it's not about the looks and what cloths they have, but I can't help to not like it at all.

And how they act in this show is horrible. It looks like one of my first movies I did when I was 12. And the show feels like a bad copy of Twilight.

I'm not going to follow this show and I'm sure it will be a short one. Hell pull the plug now and use the time and money on something better!

Score: 1 of 5
  • Maybe it's 'cause I'm old school but...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, I'm an old fart and I need to get over myself and blah de blah quackety quack but you're right, when it comes to vampires I AM old school and I just can't seem to get myself behind these new age vampires!I grew up watching Cristopher Lee in all of his Hammer Studios Dracula epics...back when men were men, women were women and VAMPIRES were VAMPIRES!! If you were to hold up a crucifix to Cristopher Lee at his vampiric best, he'd vow to return with a demonic hiss...his fang filled face suffused with Satanic rage as he turned away and crashed his way through your picture window! Hold up a crucifix to one of these new age vampires, he turns himself into a dachshund, runs around in a circle, pisses all over your rug and runs under your couch and growls at you. (sigh).
  • Great casting and good story lend this series a lot of potential, however talent may be overshadowed by the use of cliched props and sets like erie forrest scenes with foot high fog rolling in.

The success of this show is going to come down to directing and production. The talent is good, not the best, but each can hold their own, so far. We will see, over the next couple months, if the leaders can take this show seriously and cut out the cliche fat and move forward with the meat of the show. These type of stories are hard to make for the general public because of it's gory nature and with vampires being the "it" thing right now, everyone wants a go. True Blood is a great series because it's on a network that allows it to go beyond PG-13. How will Vampire Diaries hold up against this type of comparison, I'm not sure, but I'll give this series another episode or two, then it's off the tivo.
  • 3rd or 4th vampire show since they trying to milk the whole twilight thing. Nothing special just vampire version of one three hill

2.5
    I don't have anything against the shows that try to milk the whole new oooh lets make vampire shows. Honestly I do like some novels related to this myth. But only reason these shows are made not because all these writers just suddenly all came up with the whole vampire trend by themselves because they been directed that way.

I like True Blood better even tho that's also pretty far from reality but the quality of the show is a lot different then these all new vampire shows.

I don't know what could be the next trend.. Zombies? wait that's done already.. Werewolves? Only time will tell
  • Girl falls in love with a vampire, then there's a conflict blah blah blah

Another vampire book adaption hmmm.... i dont see what's up with the hype with this show, i just dont. The show is so formulaic, and i kinda dont see what's the point of watching another vampire series/movie when we have twilight and true blood. Though i only enjoyed several minutes of the show, but those enjoyment are not enough for me to watch another installment of the show. This adaption is terribly transmitted into the small screen. Seems writers and producers are trying too much. I gave this show 6 stars because I love the book. ......Still, I wont be surprise is this show stick around for a little while. In the end, this show has the standard quality that the most cw shows has.
  • Confessions of a Couch Potato

ARE YOU TEAM DELENA OR TEAM DEFAN!?

Have a look at my latest TV blog post please! Comment and let me know who your favourite couple are! :)

• stelena

i love stelena its the best couple

• i didnt seen worst story like this.

How elena will leave stefan ! thats disgusting . He Did Every Thing For . How She leaves him . Stefan kept his life to Save her. When elena loves Stephen no one gone . Whenever she starts feeling on loss his brother,bonnie and everything. I am it only one . That is also for stefan
  • garbage

are going to pretend that it's OK for a 145yr old man to abuse and sexually assault a 17yr old girl, the things Damon did to Carolina was unspeakable, then turning Elena into a slut by putting her into a lovers triangle with two brothers, and basically based the entire show around which brother is best for her,under age drinking and everyone slopping around in the same bucket,now let's add the fact that Damon also is sleeping with the adults/parental figures as well as the teenagers,and hide it behind vampirism and witchcraft gtfoh,something is mental wrong with the writers on here,now some of you might read my review and say you taking this to serious it's just a TV show,,but it targets teenagers and the underlying message is pretty disturbing, loners,suicide,abuse,rape,manipulation,drug addiction,alcoholic,witchcraft, but hey its just TV.
  • I was getting addicted.

They made Nina Dobrev look stupid as if she knew how to act in situations. She wasn't smart. And her repeating history ( when Katherine loved both), that was a turn off for me. Elena was selfish and her being with Damon was a BIG 0. turned into a vampire or not, she should have stayed with Stefan. Both brothers also shouldn't have given her the house. DELENA shouldn't have happened period. The Elena thinks she's smart by making these stupid decisions, but really they were really really stupid. The show could have been better if she stayed with Stefan only and didn't make decisions on her own.
  • I used to love it

4.5
    This used to be such an amazing show that I'd happily give it a 9.5 but ever since Delena happened, I've hated it. Not only do I hate the idea of Delena to begin with, I also hate how Delena came to be. At around season 4 I just wanted to give up the show because of how frustrating it got. I hated the fact that Elena was willing to be with Damon and break up with Stefan but I could've lived with Delena if it wasn't for how frustratingly weak Elena was acting. I had hoped that when Elena turned into a vampire, she'd be badass and strong but she was as weak as ever except for the fact that she was a little faster. On top of that, Elena acted like a lost little puppy following everything Damon said. I know it was because of the sire bond but it still really frustrated me. Becoming a vampire changed Elena for the worse instead of better, like I had hoped, in my personal opinion and that's when I believe the show started to go downhill.
  • underage: sex, drugs, and drinking. really? that's what you've resorted to?

underage: sex, drugs, and drinking. really? that's what you've resorted to? we all know that kids do this, but to glorify it to the teenage fan base is appalling. i used to love the show, but now im about to stop watching b/c of this.

• Nina Debrev

Halleluja, She is leaving!!! Season 6 without her. will be worth watching. Couldn't stand her anymore. She was crying in the last 3 or 4 Episodes more then she was acting or speaking. Hope they make her DYE painfully in the Season Final.
  • A lots of crap . . alina is a bitch . . whore . . a slut .

What the fuck is happening in tvd . . seriously. ..

In season 6 alina kissed liam . . I mean seriously . . fuck man . . what to say . . she start liking liam . . after Damon to liam . . like seriously . . wow wow wow . . now that annowing alina . . ever annowing alina makes me hate TVD. . . illogical . . senceless drama . . . . fuck u most irritating character alina . . . and yes. . . this shit series even make me hate vampires . .
  • Not consistent

I love this show but I am getting slightly iterated that the show is on every week and then once a fortnight. Seriously CW cant make their mind up when they are having shows on.

This sounds sad, but I have all my favorite shows on calendar so I know what I have to look forward to watching that night.
  • Where's the mystery?

2.5
    I agree a lot with the negative reviews made about the breakdown of character relationships and lack of connection. But I more than that think the mystery and magic is gone. From the reveal of the Michaelsons to the beginnings of Silas, there was an undeniable mind blowing dark creativity happening. The magic had rules and roots. I got lost when Silas turned out to look just like Stephan, I would've rathered he remained faceless or something completely new. And then a bunch of reaching and crap I didn't care about started happening. It was totally anticlimactic for me and a bit corny. I would love to see new magic introduced instead of just hybrids or remakes of what we seen. Maybe like a different space/time dimension, a different magical being introduced, a shadow world... just more magic and less unbelievable romance and underwhelming gore.
  • The real reason why TVD and The Originals suck now.

I began watching The Vampire Diaries when I was 11 years old. I religiously watched tvd. Me and my friends were all obsessed with that show, all we would do is talk about how amazing tvd was.. I was so obsessed with tvd that if I missed the first five minutes of the show, I would wait until the next day just so I could watch the episode in one sitting. It was actually one of the best shows I have every watched until it just started to suck

Man. first started diskliking it when Damon and Elena started having a relationship. I HATED it. I thought it was a horrible plot idea. It took me a very, very, long time to accept their relationship. It was only after I realized Stefan deserved better than someone like Elena (the girl who went after his brother when he was going through a difficult time) I had really shipped Stelena with all my heart and to this day I wish Delena had never happened. Sigh tvd would've probably had way more ratings than it does now. Anyway after a while I accepted and even began to ship Delena. But another reason why I looooooved tvd so much was because of THE ORIGINALS. I feel as if the originals were more than just some characters in tvd they seemed to come off as main characters. And I loved them. But more than anything I believe everyone loved klaus but loved him even more when he was with caroline. Klaroline was one of the biggest ships I worshipped. I strongly believed they would be together but nope My favorite seasons of TVD was season 2&3, which were the seasons where klaroline was happening plus Stefan was with Elena. I started to dislike tvd season 4. And then it just kept getting worse. Every week I would tell myself hmm okay maybe next week is gonna be better&nope it still sucked I remember before in tvd there were so many things happening at the same time! It was never just one problem, it was many. And that made tvd a wonderful, thrilling show! Ever since season 4 I kept telling myself it would get better but finally during the mid season of season 6 I had gave up all hope on the vampire diaries and I quit it. It was very hard but ehh tvd was shit then and is now . I used to watch the originals as well and I thought it was pretty interesting. But reason why I quit the originals was because how they really just quit klaroline. Klaroline was a very huge ship and I believe a lotttttttttt of people would've kept watching tvd and the originals if they stayed together. Episode where i stopped watching the originals was when that psychiatrist girl I forgot her name got killed and klaus turned her into a vampire and they're together now. i figured she would end up being a vampire. I'm pretty sure fans wouldn't have been so angry with the originals and tvd if they showed klaus grieving over the fact that him and Caroline are no more. It was such a terrible idea how they just jumped right into the originals and klaus didn't even seem to miss Caroline. Same goes for Caroline, she seemed to forget klaus quite fast. This upsetted many of us. Klaroline was so huge but within a matter of one seasons they killed them! Also klaus kissed the psychiatrist which basically made me come to my conclusion that tvd and the originals, the shows which I loved suck ass. I wouldn't recommend this show to no one unless they just want to watch two seasons which is 2&3of tvd. But overall i believe the actors playing the roles were amazing I loved them! Nina , Ian , Paul, Joseph and the many more were just wonderful and I really appreciate the work they put into tvd and the originals.
  • Teen age angst with teeth

5.5
    The novels were quite good but the tv version is a bit flat.
  • the best of the best

i must say this movie in general is so bloody, intriguing and breath taking. see for more on vampire movies
  • It's not better than twilight but it is hotter than true blood.

I thought that i have seen it all. twilight, true blood, buffy the vampire slayer and Angel. But i was wrong this show is some what the same as twilight. A vampire falls very much for the human girl who's brother does drugs. just like true blood only in steed of drugs he has hot sex. But their their is a twist his brother comes back to his town and wants to bug him forever. and also falls for the human girl. i think it's cool show so far. i am hoping to see alot more in this new show.
  • I get it. America is in love with vampires and blood and forbidden love between a vampire and some lonesome confused girl with strong morals and principles.

Vampire Diaries stars a girl from the Canadian popular show Degrassi: the Next Generation belonging to a network entitled teenNick formerlythe N. The show is good. Oh yeah vampire diaries is good too. What else is there to say? The acting could be better but the show should still be given a chance because maybe if they haven't already they'll surpass the crazy beautifulness surrounding Twilight. That's a big maybe. I'd say stick this one out. If you want to see the Twilight series tune in every week on Thursdays to CW, that network with gossip and that other one.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10