The Vampire Diaries

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 10, 2009 Returning October 2, 2014

TV123456

The Vampire Diaries Fan Reviews (350)

• BECOME A VAMPIRE TODAY!!!

3.5
    Do you want to become a vampire... or do you just want a taste?

Whatever your desire, we can fulfill it! Contact our Mystical Vampire Home at

Be sure you want it,

because there's

no turning back...

Our highly skilled vampires can alter your very essence, turning you

into a real vampire.
  • no no no

so everything was going brilliant, this was by far one of my favourite series to watch. i was watching episodes everyday and became slightly addicted, i couldnt help myself but look up a few spoilers to find that elena falls for damon and ends things with stefan? due to this, i can literally no longer watch tvd, im so disapointed and annoyed at whoever decided that would be a great plot twist, as i loved stefan and elena, they were tvd! i also later discovered bonnie and jeremy die? i was getting so attached to the characters and their relationships, such a good story build up and i dont want to ruin it by watching on, it isnt possible. words cant describe how disapointed i am, really. im rating a 1, because its heartbreaking that elena falls for damon and leaves stefan then all the good guys die.
  • Season 6 Ready! Maybe?

This is what I think should happen with Season 6. Love the stephen and Caroline storyline they should keep it up. But here is where they need to change things up. Damon and Bonnie need to get together. If they develop the character and the story correctly you will end up rooting for them and be saying delena who?

So thanks to granny Bonnie gets sucked into heaven or something like it. But she can't hold on to Damon's grasp so he gets sucked into purgatory. She is under some sort of temporary amnesia to move on and be happy. And she is but something goes arwy because of her strong will power. She starts to hear Damon and when she focuses on him can even sometimes feel his pain. So everything comes rushing back all the memories of letting him go. Maybe out of guilt she wants to rescue him so she gives up heaven to join purgatory or maybe cause she knows he would do it for her. This is a defining moment in their relationship because he was alone and in pain and given up hope. In one moment she was his light at the end of the tunnel. They hid together from the torchers sometimes he gets away sometimes, he doesn't. But she's their and nurses him back to health and they fall in love and for the first time can't see gong through the ordeal with anyone else. Time moves slower in this place, and Damon may still be a vamp but it's no help in purgatory. They have no clue what's happening on earth. Can they carry this love back to earth? Or will all be forgotten?

Back on earth: Elena is falling in love with Enzo. Subsequently the same way she fell for Damon. So Elena reluctantly crys on Enzo's shoulders about their mutual loss. In the beginning their is a love hate relationship but Enzo makes her laugh and dare I say sometimes forget. She knows that deep down he's not so bad. Realizing that she wants him to turn on his humanity and takes him on as a project to forget damon but eventually they grow closer in love. But does she really love him? Or is he just a Damon replacement?

Brief back stories: Alaric thinks this "project" between Elena and Enzo is a bad idea. Looks at enzo as a traitor to Damon's memory. Also helps Caroline keep Stephen from jumping off the deep end. Tyler moves on never to be seen again. Jeremy and Matt seem to be the only ones not planning the funerals and will work to get them both back. Matt is now policeman, Caroline's mom is mayor, Jeremy is a vampire hunter honing skills and tracking witches. Will be the one to pull them out.

My story - 10

The actual story - 7
  • I totally agreed with the one guy who said that this show was getting "dull and boring"...

You said it.. Its starting to lose interest. I noticed i'm never nearly as addicted, curious or inpatient about finding out what happens next episodes. And I keep watching hoping to get back my enjoyment for the show.
  • i miss stefan and elena first season was a 10, and later seasons 8 but now down to 7

Loved the series but these past few seasons have been a real turn off from me. Amusingly enough ( because I am male, and get clowned on for being fan of TVD ) I personally enjoy these love triangle vampire dramas. What I don't like is how Stefan has been pushed to the side and that Damon has filled that spot in her heart. When there was a chance that it was simply a biological influence due to her turning I was so hopeful we could get back to Stefan, but failing to do so has really turned me off this series. Even if Damon screws up, or dies, or some how exits the series, the fact that Elena loved Damon will stay. Grrrr, I expect to get a lot of thumbs down because a lot of people ( mainly girls that I know ) prefer Damon and Elena. :( I'm not gay either lol, and I realize I pretty much reiterated the same thing over and over most likely in this anti damon and elena rant.
  • Vampire Diaries

I love'd the show from the first episode! But I think killing Bonnie was a horrible idea!!!!! They should bring her back somehow... Killing Damon wasn't the best idea but I wasn't really a big fan of damon and elena i was more for elena and stefan
  • Amazing. Good. Bad.

(Spoilers)

The show starts off on fire. Its just so entertaining. I flew past the first two seasons. Love Damon & Katarina. Klaus is epic too.

As the seasons go by , IMO the show declines in "wow factor" its slow, repetitive and 8/10 times someone important dies they just come back to life a way or another. Its pretty lame.

All in all its a decent series which lost its potential.
  • IS ELENA JUST A TOTAL WHORE???

Honestly, i dont get why the choice betwn damon and stefan is tough. damon rules...

*your argument is invalid
  • Without Damon

I am not going to watch the show without damon, he is the best.
  • i want damon back

I love tvd sooooo much but I think that without Damon, Elena is boring and so is the show. I like Stelena but we've seen almost 3 seasons of them so it is boring now. I know Ian Somerhalder made a 6 year contract but what if he plays another role instead of Damon? Maybe there could be some chemistry between Stefan and Caroline. Plus if Bonny doesn't come, what will happen to Jeremy?

Still I can't wait till season 6!!!

finale was good but it was heart-breaking
  • Vampire Diaries: Is it worth watching?

The problem with this series is the story itself. It is complicated - there's a lot going on. Rather than being a "great story" it slowly turned into a series that is desperate to survive . The first few seasons are good - the characters have their distinct personalities and so did the its plot. They made a pretty good story about how the vampire race begun but as the season progressed everything just kept crumbling down.

They have a pretty basic love triangle cliche that I found rather annoying - It's the on and off relationship that most series has. I do respect their courage to really spice up the plot and they were indeed clever at some point but it was just too much.

If you want a complicated-love-triangle-chic-flick then you should definitely watch this, but if you want to really understand the concept of vampires in this series then you should watch the first few seasons just up until the original family comes along and you could watch the spin-off "The Originals".

I give 8 out of 10 stars for the characters

Season 1 - 6 stars

Season 2 to 3 - 9 stars

Season 4 - 6 stars

Season 5 - 2 stars

(graded separately just to be fair)

Over all I hereby rate this show:
  • BEST SHOW EVER

All of u haters need to shut up and screw yourself in a corner. Idk if any of u read but Ian Somerhalder signed a 6 YEAR CONTRACT WITH TVD so everyone calm your selves down he's coming back. And the show is just amazing every season is ended with a cliff hangar and believe me this is the saddest cliffhanger ever but ik he's coming back anyway they weren't gonna end it on a happy note c'mon people think of all the season finales season 1 Katherine comes back season 2 Stefan turns into a ripper again season 3 elena turns into a vampire season 4 Stefan gets locked in a safe and finds out Silas is his doppelgnger and now season 5 I love this show and everyone who is saying I'm not watching the show anymore it's stupid NO YOUR STUPID cuz we all know your gonna watch it anyway so just SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY and for those other people who thing the Damon Elena love thing is boring well it's not stelena was going on for 3 and a 1/2 seasons and no one said anything about that but all of a sudden wild morons appear and start hating on delena I could go on and on about this cuz you people aggravate me but unlike you people I have a life so why don't you all crawl back under the rock you came from
  • Down hill

Agree show is getting silly now loved season 1 got me hooked but the whole Damon n Elena love thing kinda getting boring now ....... Sure Damon n bonnie be back in season 6 as there always a twist but Stefan and Elena should be together there true love from season 1 that got me hooked only to find out in this season it was just another spell that bought them together boring !!!! Guess writers are running out good ideas ... Was hoping to see Elena take the cure and become human again as vamp Elena sucks .
  • Terrible finale (SPOILERS)

5.5
    Without Damon there is no Vampire Diaries. He is the heart and soul of the show. Also whats with the "We need Stefan and Elena together". Are you serious haha Elena slept with Stefan's brother less than a day after they broke up, and you think they should get back together. I find that really strange. Lets have Elena single please give the damn triangle a break, but the finale proved that Delena is endgame lets be honest it really couldn't be more obvious.

Anyway's this is definitely one of my favorite series but this season has really been a major disappointment. First of all they need to stop resurrecting characters for example Jeremy. Jeremy doesn't really serve much purpose anymore other than being Elena's brother. They need to bring Katherine back though she was a great character and is much more interesting than Elena. That whole doppelganger destiny storyline was BS and is absolutely ridiculous, I mean I know the show is supernatural but seriously? It's actually gotten so ridiculous that I don't think I'll even watch Season 6. I know they will bring Damon back he is a fan favorite so I don't think the producers would be dumb enough to kill him off for good. Still though, the writers need to step it up come up with something that will get us hooked again because this season has been a huge snoozefest.
  • Bud finale!

4.5
    Sorry but, without Damon... vampire diares not exist!!!!
  • 6 season

when it comes out the 6 season plzzz reply me
  • Stop does ***ings spoilers on the site......

please stop showing anything related to the episode in does revews and only shoa picture of the series or something, let does who have watched the episode and want to read about click in on the review.

fyi: not a review and not my finall score for the episode.
  • damon

i love the show , good finale , i can't wait saison 6 :)
  • This is my final season to watch Vampire Diaries

2.5
    Well this ended my reign for watching #VampireDiaries. Bonnie, & Damon were the main reasons I watched the show with Elena a close third . It sucked when they took away Bonnie's powers, then on top of that they killed Elena, I stopped watching then until Elena returned, but this time was strike 3. Damon is my favorite character on the show. I hear he just landed another role, and well Bonnie never recovered her powers and then they kill her. The only African American on the show?!!! It was fun while it lasted.
  • Why TH would you change Elena to a Vampire!?!!?

4.5
    oh so she could be with Damon, belch!!! skipped season 4 because of that crap and came back in season 5 just because of a waist of time!
  • Elena never went weak when Kalus took all the blood from her veins !

and now she went so weak immediately, secondly what a pathetic way of taking blood out of doppelgangers !
  • holy shit

episode 21 left me quite stunned n nearly in tears for once
  • Holy shit will Elena ever stop crying and this show just keep getting worse.

This show cant get worse, I cant believe CW has space for stupid crap like TVD and the origianls but no space for Tomorrow People.

They should have ended the series strong in season 3 itself, go on girls I honestly dont care if u dislike this. Just sharing my opinion.
  • klaus

i miss klaus he is wonderful than Damon
  • BEST SHOW

MY BEST SHO***WWW
  • wATch>>Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live streaming England - Premier League Soccer

I think, your are surfing internet for get your favorite teams match Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live streaming TV link directly on your desktop, laptop or net-pad. Don't worry, we are here for your help. Here you can get your all sporting event easy. So don't be hesitated just follow our instruction and recommended streaming link assure that you are 100% satisfied in our service Soccer Match.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool Soccer Link

Status: Live

England - Premier League Soccer

Watch Live Soccer On Your PC

CLICK HERE FOR LIVE Soccer TV CHANNELS

The Following TV are Broadcast on ESPN, TEN Action, STAR Sports, TEN Sports and many TV are broadcast Leeds Sheffield Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live Soccer Game Video TV channel on PC.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH Soccer TV

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live, Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live online England - Premier League Soccer, Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live online on PC, Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live online on your PC or laptop, Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live stream,Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live sop cast, Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live stream. To watch this game live play just click here. Watch and enjoy Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live online broadcast here, You can enjoy the action live streaming on your PC via Internet TV channels. Crystal Palace vs Liverpool live match video.
  • What happened?

Is part of the writers' new process being drunk for this season? 'Cause I swear this show was interesting before the swan dive known as Season 5...

I feel like I'm watching a soap opera now.
  • The writers Screwed it Up for me...

I watched 3 seasons in 5 days, love it but if you think about it.. first we saw Michael die by klaus using the ash wood stake thing, but a whole lot of episodes later, we find out when the ash wood stake is used and the 'Original' dies, so does his whole "blood line" being Michael 'Started' the blood line, Papa original and the one who bit all his children. when he died by Klaus the whole entire Race should have died. Other than Klaus and his Blood line cause he wasn't even affected when all his siblings started to die, after Ester made them all one.
  • *Contains Spoilers

I used to love this show. It had plots that hooked you and flowed well throughout the seasons in addition to the romance story-lines that didn't grow annoying (like a lot of young adult/teen dramas). The story-lines catered to a broader range of age groups than many CW shows along with a large and extremely devoted fandom that proves the show's success. They could not have possibly picked a cast that's better-suited for the roles they play, too.

Then season 5 happened. I don't think I have ever lost interest in a show I loved so much as quickly as I have this season (I haven't even seen the past couple episodes yet, and honestly don't care to). The season 4 finale gave me high hopes for season 5 and all the writers could do with the character of Silas. Then they killed him off. Almost instantly. What?

Qetsiyah's return also made me excited. She was a character that had only been mentioned throughout the previous seasons, but her relation to Bonnie and her association with such ancient history made her someone that could bring a lot to the table. Then she killed herself. Again, almost instantly.

This is when the writers just lost it. There are so many new plot introductions and twists that the show's actually become boring. Just to touch on a few, the Travelers make me roll my eyes any time they come onto the screen. They practically came out of nowhere with motives so confusing I've given up on even trying to figure anything out. I don't even know what their purpose for being on the show is in the first place, especially in comparison to past threats the characters have faced. Katherine and Elena used to seem like 2 completely different people to me, but this season there's hardly a difference. Plus, Katherine's time on the show reached its expiration date a while ago. She's not alive now, after successfully proving how horrible she is yet again. Just in case we didn't have enough reason to hate her before.

As far as this "love triangle" issue I thought was FINALLY solved in the season 4 finale, the never ending problems seem like Elena and Damon are making up any excuse they can to hate each other. Despite always preferring Damon in the whole "which brother should she choose?" debate, I've lost all interest in the path their relationship will take. Yes, the love triangle has served as a basis for the show and its story, but the romances and their complications were only interesting when they didn't seem unnecessary/forced. At least there was Enzo. Apparently he died too, though, just like every other potentially interesting character we met this season. Then he came back as a ghost? Good, more confusion! I think the writers put a bunch of story ideas into a drawing and made a goal to randomly select and incorporate each one into the script before season 5 is over.

I'll catch up on the show once the finale is out because I still have hope for the final season. The cast is lovable and if the show can go back to its roots, there's still potential. I rarely find a show that I love enough to go through the trouble of remembering to keep up with it weekly. I just hope this one doesn't turn into another letdown.
  • Finally an episode that focuses on the Principal Characters

Shockingly this episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean even Matt did something useful. Uh Jeremy's still as dumb as a post. Nice tension between Damon & Stefan. Caroline got told by Elena, but she fit in nicely in this episode. Now can we kill damn doppleganger story line. Enough. Damon & Elena belong together. Damon is the most honest person on this show, why becuase he doesn't pretend to be something he's not. Here's hoping next season the writers focus on the relationships between the characters as opposed to outside bullshit like The Travelers.
CW