The Vampire Diaries

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 10, 2009 In Season

TV123456

The Vampire Diaries Fan Reviews (317)

• Meh, used to be better

I used to LOVE this show and when i say "love" i mean love up until season 3. Season 4 had a few great episodes and so did season 5 but recently there have been too many mid season finales that they just come back with these horrible written story lines, characters. They spent a whole 3 (probably even more) episodes talking about the witch Amara but come to find out they just kill her off the show just like that which was a waste of time. Any ways this whole thing (SPOILER ALERT) with the gay witch twins is just too much it's boring and they are not relevant to the show never mind the travellers that are in the show its just so stupid. I used to think this show was amazing it had a great storyline and greatly written episodes but now all i think is that Michael Malarkey's character Enzo is the only thing that is keeping this show together and giving life to it he is officially the new klaus of mystic falls now that Damon is no longer known for his "bad boy" rep because Elena practically chopped his balls off excuse my language ever since she's been going out with Damon. Honestly I'm gonna say i will keep on watching the show but the season finale better be worth all these weeks i've been waiting for each episode to come but i have to say The Originals beats this show ten times more. Sorry The vampire diaries.
  • Writing has been going down hill

I generally like the new Elena, I find her much more interesting and realistic than the old Elena. She's not as sweet and innocent as she used to be but thats life. Stelena was sweet but I never though they were epic and I hope to see Stefan with someone new. I do love Damon and Elena together and they are the main reason I watch this show but they haven't done as well with the DE storyline as the writers could have. Add that to the multiple seemingly pointless story lines and the huge breaks between airings, and this season has been pretty subpar. But all shows have an off season or two and I just hope the writers up their game.
  • These Vampires Suck

The show was super awesome until Elena turned into a vampire, then everything went to shit. Also, they think they are being clever with all these plot twists but it is just getting ridiculous! I swear to god if something happens to Matt, I am completely done with this show, not everybody on it needs to be supernatural for it to get views. If anything they are hurting they rating by just killing everybody off!
  • tvd music

first of all... a lot has changed in the 4th and 5th season.. but the music i remember watching the first three seasons and actually enjoying them A LOT because in every scene i used to be so involved in the emotions because the background music theme they used to put in different scenes just got to me... and i loved the music they used to put when stephen was writing in his diary... and the passion and danger music they used to put while damon and elena were having a moment... i mean please bring that stuff back... now everything has changed so much, i still love the show and everything.. but i really miss the way it used to be before... and enough wit the i still love the show.. hope they realize whats really missing now..
  • elena and stefan

I love this show but please put back Elena and Stefan back together that what make me watch the show in the first place the love they have for each other. Now they not together any more I don't won't too watch the show
  • Love The Vampire Diaries

I love this show, and will continue to watch it as long as they keep making new seasons. I don't know why everyone keeps saying it is getting the same to me as it has always been. The only thing negative I have to say is PLEASE NO CAROLINE AND STEPHEN ... GAG! I think Caroline and Klaus would be much better. Also I love Enzo he is a great knew addition. I would also love to see more of is such a cutie. I am not a big fan of Jeremy for some reason. I think the way he talks bugs me and his acting seems awkward. I find him boring. I also find Tyler boring. Please show more Enzo, Matt and Klaus, Love them! And I will say again no Stephen and no.

Anyway as I said in the beginning I love this show and every week I can't wait for the next episode to come and I hate it when I have to wait to weeks lol.
  • last seen

looks so much like dana -sis
  • vamp ship is going to sink...

2.5
    As per the previous reviews about season 4 &5, All i can say is after watching the first three seasons, i tried to read the plot summary over wiki and u knw wat i feel proud not to have seen season 4 and 5(17 episodes), it saved a significant time...

All this happnd coz f lack of new idea nd SOLID RECURRENCE of same events...

• Damon Lover

5.5
    I loved the chemistry between Elena and Damon. I loved the stability that she brought to his character. Even though we know that Damon is a bad vamp, we know that as long as Elena and him were together, he would not make a bad choice. I think that Stephan is great for someone else. He and Elena make a boring couple. Caroline and Claus are awesome together. Bonnie and Jeremy are super hot together. Elena's indecisiveness is making her my least favorite character. Let her and Damon get back together and let them become a stable couple. Let some of the other characters take the spotlight. The whole Elena and Stephan and Elena and Damon is boring. Sort of like Bella and Edward/Jacob saga. She ended up with Edward but I think that it would have made a much more exciting book/movie if she ended up with Jacob. 5.5
  • Became SUPER boring

I stopped watching this on 5th season. This show turned to total crap with constant resurrections of main characters, everybody now is a werewolf or vampire, dialogues are awful and storyline is boring as hell. I was much, much better, but now it's good only as a goofball. Bleh...
  • Love this show.

I still absolutely love this show, but it needs just a little more excitment.
  • stelenaforever

Seriously? It's getting really annoying seeing the exact same thing happen over and over agsin. Ifi had a choice I would justknow whho Elena ends up with and never look at TVd again
  • Katherine dies, the show dies

Katherine Freakin' Pierce was the life of the show. Everyone else has become boring and predictable; I can't even stand to watch scenes with Elena anymore. Like, what's so exciting about her? Nothing. The only thing preventing her from getting killed off, is the fact that she's the main character. Katherine, however, has always had more potential; how can the writers just throw away something as precious as the Goddess who gave the Salvatore brothers eternal life? She's their beginning and their end, always will be. Whether they like it or not. I believe Katherine deserves a lot more credit than she gets, and definitely does NOT deserve being dragged to hell. Like, wtf? People who have died before her and successfully passed through Bonnie were no better than her. They just hadn't lived and suffered as much, hadn't had as many chances to screw up as Kat did. I'm sure if they had been put in her shoes for a few years, they would've become a thousand times worse than her.
  • tvd lover <3

kathrine never dies :D

fuck yeah :)

love this i am for greece and i can't watch TVD online and i need to wait a site to share news episodes with greek subs
  • Becoming increasingly boring, but..

I'll start off by saying that I have been a fan of this show for awhile.. It was the first show I binge-watched when I got Netflix. I had often avoided it in the beginning because of the title, and the fact that I likened it to Twilight purely because of the vampire romance aspect. What started off as a pretty lame teenage romantic drama soon turned into a show that brought me to tears every other episode... Never thought that I would become so invested in fictional characters. I think that one of the things that this show does best is character development. Caroline is probably the best example of this. The second thing that I like about it is that it introduces some interesting mysteries that keep me on the edge of my seat.. Or it used to anyway. I would give it a rating of 10, but since season 4 I have been becoming increasingly bored. I feel like it is the same stuff over and over, not as bad as Degrassi, but still pretty repetitive. There is just something about the show that makes me forgive this frustrating fault, and I keep coming back every Thursday (out of boredom, but I do keep coming back). Not a bad show, but I can't wait for something interesting to happen.. Something that makes me eager for Thursdays again.
  • This show is turning into a soap.

Do not get me wrong, I am a huge and loyal fan of this show from the very first episode. However, I find this season to be boring and uneventful. Let's recap this season so far:

- Elena/Katherine Stefan/Damon drama - nothing new, been going on since the beginning. Sure they added the twist of Katherine controlling Elena's body but I think this is important or exciting enough to be the main story of the season.

- Damon going off the deep end - nothing new there, just a slight twist of him feeding on vampires. *yawn*

- Caroline broke up with Tyler - who cares. They barely saw each other when they were together anyway.

Seems to me, the writers are running out of ideas for this show and it has gotten significantly less exciting. It is a shame because the concept is fantastic. Need to shake things up a bit, season is almost over and we are still waiting for the big event to happen that is going to shape this season. Bonnie dying had potential but they just brought her back to life so they can all live happily ever after. Maybe new writers are needed to put a fresh spin on this show or it is going to lose viewers.

• The vampire diaries (spoilers)

This show is still good, however I feel this show peaked in its 2nd and 3rd season. It is not as interesting now and what sucks is that because Elena and Katherine are in the same body one of them will go for good at one point
  • This show needs to change its title to: We have so many love conections going on we have no idea who is with who!

I tried to give this show a chance but every single episode is somehow about a love connection or triangle or quadrangle or double loop or whatever term you want to use and even when you think an episode is not going to be about people having the hots for each they still make it about people trying to make a love connection.

I understand that any show geared towards women is going to have a plot device that focuses on love and relationships but this takes that idea and drags it on to the point that you do not care anymore if the main couple gets together or not.
  • This show is awesome !!!!!!

awesome ,awesome ,awesome show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hands down
  • This show is a stalemate!

Wow.. this show has literally gone to the dogs now!

Season 4 clearly showed they had no more plots and brains...

and now season 5... they just hitting the Repeat button!!

Sad... it was so good before!

• so.........

I used to like Elena now than i did before because i thought her character was really annoying and idk i just found her really annoying. but now, i find them old and new Elena annoying. I'm glad Katherine took over her body but for some reason i didnt really like her in this episode. I think Elena(who's now Katherine) needs a new hairstyle, like maybe straighten it again cause i think i'll find her less annoying when she speaks.

Oh, and I want bonnie to become a witch again. Maybe her and Jeremy can break up and then later in the show they'll find someone.

Not sure how I feel about Damon.

No Steroline please.

• something wrong with this show

Wow, some people think that Tylor is a douche beceause of the way he reacted with caroline!! I d like to see how you react if you girl\boyfriend slept with the one who killed your mother and contrelled you like a pet. Its like if you re good looking and cool acting you can do whatever you want and people forget about the evil things you did in the past. And now in the last episode caroline was totally normal, if that never happened.

And come one what s that about Damon, beceause elena didnt choose him, he returned like the first season.

Sry for the fans of this show, but i just hope that the winchesters would pop up and slash everyone of this show beceause no one here excepte for a few humans are good. Everyone is betraying each other for their own benefits
  • no more ideas to come up with

i love tvd, but lets be honest, its really clear that tvd producers are desperate for new ideas. what havent they invented yet? we only have aliens and faries left to invite to tvd's party. also there's no plot here, what is the conflict? that katherine got inside elena's body? come on! that used to be a minor problem before, now is the only thing going on here apart from the who stays with who crap. also, the originals is a clue to how desperate the producers are for money, i know people like the show, me too, but it seems like its only a trick to get more money.

• is elena really gone??????

in episode 13 of season 5 catherine is in elena's body for good right?? cause elena's body gets burned and all but she can't be really gone can she???
  • Stefan's Epic Fail (ep 5x12)

Okay who else does not buy that not only does Bonny not notice that she didn't feel Katherine's death but that after Katherine's mini hissy fit, Stefan doesn't realize that she is not Elena. I mean come on! I can buy that Elena doesn't just kill both of Nadia and the Traveller them when she has the chance, but I am rather sick of Matt being everybody's bitch. How can he not have a secret back up vervain thing on him by now? Why is his character still just so stupid? Okay that's my rant for the episode ... That and Tyler is a douche Caroline sho uld have just said it was revenge sex with Klaus for him say putting revenge over love of her.
  • Better than Twilight!

These vampires are not blossoming and they are drinking alcohol too. I prefer these awesome vampires rather than the Twilight vampires who can't even drink a glass of whisky.
  • Klaroline <3 and more. At a turning point, good or bad?

So I heard Julie Plec saying this was it for Klaroline, my reaction: 0_0 "Say whaat!? No, no, it's just the beginning! Seriousy!"

Caroline and Klaus' story is an EPIC love story, which is so rarely seen in today's fiction and it is so, SO refreshing! The story of a man, being pure evil, because of the lack of love, changing for the better, because of love and forgiveness - it's beautiful - EPIC! Ending that, would be digging your own grave!

The characters in Mystic Falls has reached a point, where they need to separate and move on, in order to keep growing, they've outgrown each other, it's natural. People rarely live and hang out with the same five people in the same small town their whole life and the MF crew has reached an age where one would normally move on. TVD is at a turning point and it's up to the writers, to decide if they want to keep up the popularity or if they'll sink the ship, and steer it into the classic tv-show trap of falling into a loop. As much as I'm excited about Katherine not being dead, it's getting a bit old. I mean, didn't they already deal with Katherine on several occasions? Some drastic changes or new characters are needed, otherwise the show is digging it's own grave, just saying.

The characters needs other surroundings, life experiences and people, to reach full potential, otherwise they'll lose their dept and color, which is one of the best things in vampire diaries and something that made it better than all the other vampire/supernatural creatures stories we see in today's fiction, but if they're continuing down this road, it gets boring...

SO please, PLEASE move Caroline to 'The Originals', somehow (heck, why not throw Stefan into the mix too, after all, him and Klaus were good friends once, plus, Rebekah has a little thing for him and Stefan need a change of scene from Katherine, Elena and Caroline needs to get away from the known surroundings and see a different side of life (or well, death :P) explore the perks of the vampire life, and who does that better than Klaus? I read somewhere that Caroline needed Matt, when she was an insecure human; Tyler, when they both were transforming and getting used to the new life and Klaus to show her the awesomeness and perks of eternity and embrace it, thought it described things pretty well :) And well, Klaus needs her, with the things he's dealing with in New Orleans. She may be, somewhat his weakness, but she's also he's strength, his safe haven, sanctuary and so, if things is going to end well in New Orleans, Caroline needs to be there, it would SERIOUSLY spice things up, in an amazing way!!

"Anyone capable of love, is capable of being saved"

"One day, in a year or even a century, you'll show up at my door and I'll show you what the world has to offer,"

"He is your first love, I intent to be your last, however long it takes"

She is his anchor, his humanity -He NEEDS her!

There you have it! Several reasons as to why it should end in a klaroline! Oh, and imagine the Ripper helping out in New Orleans :P

Look, I love the characters of TVD, which is why I watch the show, but sadly enough, lovable characters and good acting can be destroyed by a bad plot going into a loop, I've seen it happen to several shows ('Supernatural' and 'Glee', just to mention two) and I would be really sad to see it happen again. Mixing it more up with 'The Originals' would put an interesting spin on things and come on, they're recording in studious right next to each other and even uses some of the same props, it can't be that hard! Come on writers!

The 10 rating is for the hot klaroline moment, which I never get tired of watching <3
  • Stuck like a teenager!!

I'm 24 years old male and i'm stuck with this show for good people!!I love it!!Love the way the story turns around,love how the past memories and stories come in front and lead the present and the future and above all i like Ian in this bad boy always takes the girl in one or the other way!! ;) Keep up the good job people and well done!!!Greeting from Greece!!
  • All-time favorite..

This is my all-time favorite show :-)
  • awesome