The Vampire Diaries

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 10, 2009 Between Seasons

TesserT

The Vampire Diaries Fan Reviews (418)

• This show is...

Brilliant. Its actually a great hit in my village&town. Its exciting, adventures, dramatic and romantic program. The characters are amazing. It has very effective scenery every where they go. It has great story lines. I can't wait for the next season!!!
  • Kinda good

I kinda liked this show
  • What was the point of this

4.5
    Primarily, what I was most excited about this season was Damon and Elena being reunited, because last season they had barely finally almost gotten to be happy together. The writers totally screwed this over, with Elena basically storing her memories with Alaric, which I knew were going to get lost -- just to create drama and create some sort of storyline. It would have been so great if they could have overcome everything and finally got to be together, now they're together and it's alright kinda and okay, but.. idk just feels kinda all wasted.

My two least favorite couples.. Alaric & Jo, and Tyler & Liv. I just didn't feel anything real, it felt kinda forced, I didn't feel myself wanting to fight for them or anything. Usually I see what's the allure about each character, like why they're likable or how they're interesting, but none of that with Jo...

I kinda feel like they resorted to Caroline having a thing for Stephen. Its just to amp up the story, it's the expected thing right!?? They were really good friends then feelings developed.. easy.

Easy stories. Easy drama. Easy fillers. I don't know, nothing felt authentic or like it had any flow... felt very fabricated and unusual, to say the least.

WHY is Enzo even still here???? His character has no purpose and his motivation to stay and cause unecessary trouble and drama, makes me laugh. You know the writers know this too because they have the other characters address this too, "Why are you even doing this?" or whatever.

The only thing that I had an interest in, even though I felt like it was dragged out too long and eventually felt it was just there to create story, was Bonnie (and also originally Damon) escaping 1993.

Kai? An interesting character, yeah. The whole which story and everything, is whatever though.

This feels like the most wasted season EVER, with WHAT of a plot??

Season 5 was kinda of iffy for me just because I always wanted Elena to be with Stephen, but I got over it and the story was still kind of interesting and led somewhere.

I can't even shake the feeling from this season, the whole time I'm watching it, of.. what's the point?
  • whatta waste !!!

title should be just vampires cuz there are no dearies plz don't renew tvd m tired of it instead focus on the more interesting..
  • Vampire Diaries is not Vampire Diaries Anymore!

5.5
    To start of, the show had an amazing and mysterious characters. The personalities of the antagonists had a magic touch to them, in a way you would both love and hate them at the same time. Damon Salvatore started as a main antagonist. He was selfish, cruel and basically everything wrong with the world. Despite these reasons, everybody loved him. THAT WAS THE MAGIC! Turning an antagonist into a beloved character was the magic of Vampire Diaries. This show made us all understand the hardship of every 'living' thing. It made us understand that maybe the reason why someone was so cruel is because they had a cruel past. The same goes for Katherine, Klaus and possibly Elijah.

'The Vampire Diaries' was the name of the show. So, I expected to see a lot of the past and of course, vampires. As the plot went on from season 1 to season 4, I was never disappointed. I loved that Eleana went from Stephan to Damon. I enjoyed Caroline and her love for Klaus and Tyler. Mostly, I loved Jeremy's body! But anyways, the story revolved around the vampires and their wicked pasts. We see Stephan and Damon's flashbacks which all connect the story well. This made everything go smoothly.

Here's the negative point though. Season 5 and 6 was a totally different story. The magic was gone along with the original vampires and Katherine. Where were they? (I know about the new TV show, The Originals, but they should've still showed up in Vampire Diaries!) Instead we have Liv, Luke, Enzo, Kai and the long lost mom. I honestly love the idea of all these characters. Kai has a twisted personality which brings edge to the series and Enzo has a really hot vibe to him. But... If I'm totally honest, the magic never came back. The story was 100% broken and moved on too quickly. I mean, what happened to Caroline and Tyler? They moved on so quickly! It's like they never even happened! I expected more from them even if they weren't together anymore. Stephan and Eleana weren't as close as they were anymore. It just turned into a completely different show. The new plot that they made in Season 5 and 6 was not bad; it just never connected to the original plot of the series. I love the fact that they are moving forward but I hate that they forget their pasts. It's like it never happened. It's like Season 5 came with amnesia. I liked how Tyler mentioned that Caroline was his Ex in Season 6 because frankly, I don't even remember. They loved each other so much.. for nothing to show for. At least Stephan still clearly cared about Eleana.

Anyways, 'Vampire Diaries' should change it's title to Vampires Over Witches. I don't even see Stephan write in his diary anymore!

If I were to write this series, I would have made Kai stuck in a prison world with both Katherine and Lily. Kai eventually falls in love Katherine. Katherine, the heartless monster, uses him but also kinda falls for him. Lily on the other hand doesn't recognize any of her sons. She slowly collects her memories of the past decades and remembers that it was Klaus who turned her--- not just for fun, he had a reason.

Vampire Diaries did not live up to my expectations.
  • Vampire Diaries getting worse every year and the title should be changed to its similar film

Season 1 - Good start for a good show

Season 2 - LORD OF THE RINGS (Imagine almost all of the vampires have light immunity rings which should have been only for a selected few

Seasons 3 & 4 - MULTIPLICITY (Haven't had enough Doppelgngers Catherine and Elena, the show added one more, making them triplets and technically is no longer a doppelgnger. But still not contented with Multiplicity so they made Stefan a Doppelganger

Seasons 5 & 6 - THE PRINCESS DIARIES (Losing a lot action and focusing more on talk and
  • Totally dissappointed and dissolutioned

I am so NOT going to watch next season. Not only did the writers take Eleana out of the picture but to kill off Jo? Really? Who was pregnant with twins and during her wedding. What's the point? Although I like Damon and Stefan, isn't the show supposed to be about Eleana and her life? I am sooooo disappointed.
  • saddened a great show has been crumbled to trash

The end of Season 5 had much hope to it with Alaric coming back but with him changing back to human he just turned into a lovesick puppy with no true plot role. Ever since the Originals left they've tried to come up with some super powerful source and basically failed. Silas almost worked out and wish they kept him alive. Good writing could have made that have a great super powerful source. Also the Augustine Vampire experiments should have been a bigger plot role that lasted longer. The doppelganger part is dead now with Elena leaving so a major plot role is gone. Kai is just some super powerful bully witch with no believability to me. The cancer story with Caroline's mom and Caroline turning off her humanity and then Stefan was just a waste and filler. Originally from Season 1, Lexie would have been such a huge, incredible, powerful character for TVD to use. Of course she came back in visions and what not but I'd take her over Caroline. They've already gone astray of the books so it wouldn't matter. Also the werewolves story just crumbled and disappeared from TVD. Then I was glad to have more witch but then they went ridiculously overboard and it's barely been a Vampire show with all this witch crap lately.

I'd say the end of Season 4 is where it ended for me but I can handle Season 5. Anything is better than Season 6 which is terrible and I'm honestly completely giving up on the show after this season's finale. Could care less what Season 7 does since with Elena gone the whole plot direction is destroyed for me. Glad The Originals is around now since it's beyond infinitely better than TVD now. And their witch stuff works very well.
  • Vampire Diaries has jumped the shark

I've loved Vampire Diaries since the beginning of the show. But now all this stupid story line with Caroline has made me so sick. this show has jumped the shark for so many different reasons. 'The Originals' has turned out to be a much better show than the Vampire Diaries. I just really hope they kill off Caroline because she's so freaking annoying I can't stand anymore.
  • Nina Debrev

Halleluja, She is leaving!!! Season 6 without her. will be worth watching. Couldn't stand her anymore. She was crying in the last 3 or 4 Episodes more then she was acting or speaking. Hope they make her DYE painfully in the Season Final.
  • My thoughts

Caroline is sooooo ughh sigh!!!! would really like to know what Stefan sees in you... Damon always dah boss ''
  • aquarius32761

Do you realize if they actually kill off Elena theres no way Katherine,Amara or Tatia can return. Nina Dobrev is leaving!!! And now that she's leaving it seems like they should just end the series the story line is rather beginning to fall weak since there running out of Stefan and Caroline, Caroline needs someone hardcore to handle her like Klaus

They should find a really cool way for her to die and not just leave like her brother jermy So i could hear Caroline sing again

#ForeverTVD
  • STEFAN NEEDS HIS HUMANITY BACK

why does Caroline want Stefan in his ripping state? that's not fair. actually guys, i don't think Caroline deserves Stefan. he is too handsome a guy for a blonde like her. maybe I'd prefer Bonnie to Caroline.

she is a cool character though.

maybe Klaus needs a
  • What to do with Enzo

I have to admit when Enzo was first introduced, I thought he was a cool character. But, now he seems to be going nowhere. For one thing, his fixation on Stefan makes no sense. He is mad at Stefan for not looking for Damon. The same demon brother who disappeared regularly for years and only to reappear and create chaos in Stephan's life. I mean Damon isn't mad about it, really he never really tried to contact Stefan or even bothered to tell him about his imprisonment when he got out. So why would it bother Enzo so much. I would think he would be mad at Damon for leaving him in the burning building instead. After all he gave Damon his blood ration so he could get stronger. When Damon could not free him he just turned off his humanity and forgot about him. Sure Stefan did kill him, but then he gave him no choice in the matter. Please drop this crazy storyline and give Enzo something he can really sink his teeth into. I mean, for someone who spent most of his life in a prison, it is time to get a life.
  • The show can go on without Elena, but with a better storyline :)

Kill off Elena and bring back Katherine! She has more spunk :) The show can also go on with Bonnie as I'm really digging her character now! I prefer watching her and Damon together! I would also like to see more of Enzo and Caroline :) And WHY did they have to ruin her and Stefan's relationship! Can't anyone stay really good friends in this show without screwing each other? Crikey!
  • Still my favorite show

I will always love TVD it still has lots of action to me and lots of plot twist and with all these people saying its a downer stfu because what DRAMA tv show isn't. And Vampire Blood can't cure cancer because Vampire Blood multiplies cells faster, that's how it heals wounds in humans if you give it to a cancer patient it will obviously make the process faster you fucking idiots -_- (and I'm talking to the comment section)
  • My Swan song

Sigh. This used to be my all time favorite show to watch and now all I wish for it is cancellation. It seems like as soon as Kevin Williamson left and Elena died and became a vampire the soul of Tvd died as well. I mean she's supposed to be the heroine of the entire show which she was during seasons 1-3. But after becoming a vampire Elena became a selfish self absorbed bitch like Caroline was in season 1. Everything is always me me me with her when before she used to be so selfless and caring. She treated Stefan and the rest of her friends like shit on the bottom of her shoe after everything that he did to save and protect her from the beginning. All she cared abt was fucking Damon. This show was supposed to be 'Stefan's story' but has turned into the Delena diaries since season 4 and everyone who's not them are basically stand ins for illogical plot lines and plot devices to hook up people just to give them a storyline. They ruined a great friendship in between Stefan and Caroline just so that he wouldn't be a threat to their precious little Delena loving hearts. They wanted them together so badly that they killed off Caroline's mom to do it. And don't even get me started on how her death made any sense I mean since when can't vampire blood cure diseases such as cancer? In season 5 Elena remembered herself as a kid witnessing her dad cure a little girl with cancer so why in the hell is Care's mom any different? Oh right it's so that she can lean of Stefan after she turns her emotions back on smdh. I'm so sick of Enzo I physically want to stake him myself. Both he and Alaric should've just stayed dead because they're useless and boring to watch. Glad bonnie's back even though I bet she sacrifices herself for the millionth time on the season finale smdh. It amazes me to no end how this show got renewed for a 7th season especially with the lack of viewers every week tuning in. But I say it's what they get because they've (writers, directors, producers) have been basically saying fuck you to anyone who doesn't ship Delena since season 4 and people are tired of it. I mean they act is if those are the only fans that helped them get to season 6. I've never witnessed such an immense amount of unprofessionalism as I have with the people who over this very show. Calling loyal fans who ship couples other than Delena and Steroline as "the other fandom" the constant favoritism to the Delena fandom is repulsive. I'm just over the whole damn show myself idc who ends up with who and that's saying something because I was once such a strong Stelena shipper. But now they could all go up in flames and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. More power to all that still watch the shit but I won't be with you on that one. I'm done with TVD
  • go fuck your self

i hate to wait for episode like 2 months u fuckers go fuck your self
  • The Downward Spiral Continues

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

TVD used to be one of my favorite shows. It was filled with action, intrigue and mystery and it excelled thanks to the strong bonds and relationships between the characters. The writing was amazing and every episode was something to look forward to.

There always seemed to be a twist and turn around every corner and the writers kept the viewers guessing, building strong story arcs that progressed naturally through the season. It didn't seem forced or contrived.

When I say that, I'm mostly talking about the first four seasons (when generally vampires were actually badass, not weeping or whining or brooding over The love triangle between the Salvatore brothers and Elena was genuinely emotive. Katherine's scheming was funny and gripping and the addition of the Originals, especially Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah took the show to a whole other level (mostly thanks to the excellent acting of Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, and Claire The show definitely lost something when they left for New Orleans.

However, honestly, since season 5, there has been a definite downturn in the quality of the show. I'm not sure why, but the storylines seem either mundane, recycled, or just plain nonsense. A lot of the time the performances seem awkward, and even though I was very impressed with Ian Somerhalder's awesome directorial debut from an aesthetic point of view, even that couldn't make up for the plot holes and forced interactions.

Some of the 'facts' stated seem to contradict each other too.

For example why can vampire blood cure TB, rabies and other diseases but it can't cure cancer? And if the vamp who was turned still had cancer after transitioning, then why don't Lily Salvatore or Enzo have tuberculosis as vampires if the both of them died from that disease? And didn't Dr. Gilbert use vampire blood to cure Megan of a congential heart condition? I mean, if it can do that surely it can cure cancer rather than worsen it.

Also, I'm wondering what happened to some of the regular characters. Where did Matt go? Did he get so bored with having no storylines to work with that he just skipped town without even saying goodbye? Enzo just seems to be in Mystic Falls without any real purpose. And why is Alaric being given such a lame and pointless plot to work with? I feel like the writers are just giving him things to do as filler for the lackluster stories that they're concocting about characters bed-hopping or acting completely out of character with no real motivation for their actions.

This truly used to be one of my absolute favorite shows but it needs a real shake up. I hope it gets better and finds the magic that once upon a time used to make it so special and captivating to watch.
  • Love the show but, really?

1.5
    So sick of Stefan flipping the switch scene and Enzo needs to go. I hope the show gets better soon. I'm almost to the the point of not watching it anymore because, it's so aggravating.
  • the originals and catherine big lost for tvd

TVD is a great show no doubt , but the truth since the originals got out from show and then catherine , the story now become so poor and boring and i feel that writer got nothing new or inspected to write ,

the show become more about love now, no action no suspense, i think more good character like klaus may save the show in the comming years, caroline and stefen is a big love mistake i think, the love triangle was the best thing in the show, damon and elena, returning so fast to love each other after wiping her memory of him also one of the boring thing in the season 6 , ideas are good but writing and story not that good, choosing character still good in tvd but the story have to improve,
  • Screw Elanie

.playing both brothers makes her a disappointment to all females.... she should choose Dameon he is soooooo much better than Stephen also hope there is a season 7.... cutting dameon some slack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• the perfect Diaries

I hope they make a the vampire diarys 7 because they show literally made me cry laugh and express any emotion. This is literally the best show I ever watched. I can't watch anything else now. There is one little thing that I want I want is Ian and Nina to be together cuz if they make it perfect couple in a show they can make a perfect couple in the real world. I wish they never broke up in real life!
  • Bonnie's Prison World

Where the heck does Bonnie keep getting fresh food and clothes in her captive prison world? Someone needs to get rid of Enzo, please! I really don't care for Caroline and Stefan getting together, it just doesn't fit.
  • The Lame Diaries

I really loved The Vampire Diaries until season 4. Season 5 was meh, and season 6 is ew. There's literally no story in season 6 except for the witches, and if I'm not mistaken it's the vampire diaries and not the witch diaries so let the show focus on vampires.. if you can even call them that. The vampires have gotten so soft, you barely see them killing someone in season 6. Remember when Damon wasn't such a pussy and killed people? Or when there were badass people like Klaus, Katherine or Rebekah? Killing Katherine was the biggest mistake of TVD, Elena is too soft and she's only fun when her humanity is turned off. The show is all about love now and there's no action. I have to force myself watching an episode of it, hoping it gets better. *changes into vine girl* I DON'T THINK ANYTHING HAS CHANGED IF ANYTHING ITTA WENT FROM WORSE TO WORSER

Yeah but.. The Originals is getting better and TVD is getting worse.

Please bring some freaking action..
  • Choosing the Right Skin Care for You

I don't really know bit similar to declare sonic it's probably not as great just because the brush heads a little bit smaller and probably more dense than a little Clarion one and I know the Clarion doesn't spend it kind of just like vibrate so I don't really know which one is better I'm sure they both work awesome but .

• Season 5-6

I like the show but the newer seasons are changing my mind. I semi liked season five. I want Stefan and Elena back together. He loves her with an unconditional pure love. Damon is just always doing something dumb ... And omg I hate Enzo I don't see any need for his character. Kai was getting annoying he kept coming Back but I guess the merge will make his character more humane. Once again I trip dislike Enzo I wish he would go away. I also wish Matt had something that didn't make him so weak. Season 6 is getting to be hard to watch with the above stated.
  • please please please

please lose the Brit Vamp

most of the characters on the show are tolerable

but that guy is just plain nauseating

if i have to look at him in another episode

I will definitely quit the show
  • Vampire Diaries New Season

The story kicked off with Stefan as Elena's first love, which then un winded to a tale of two brothers who deeply loved Elena Gilbert. To take the first love of the show and put him with Caroline who has been with many other characters, diminishes Stefan's character and is just weird. It's sad that Stefan doesn't have someone to be with, but it depicts how strong his love was for Elena and that he would die loving her. That to me, would've still kept the theme of VD which kept me on my feet at the beginning. Elena, is also losing her role as the main character. She is supposed to be the loving character that links everyone together. In this new season, she's rather someone who's MIA many of the times. VD is starting to become an episode of many different stories rather than one story with one strong theme.
  • This Show is getting boring

I used to love TVD when there was The Originals season. Seeing Klaus, Rebekah, and Kol were more exciting than Silas and Markus things that was so boring, annoying, and weird. Season 2,3 and 4 is great but seson 5 is getting ridiculous and then season 6, It's so pointless and sooo boring. I really did'nt enjoy the first 15 minutes in season 6 episode 1 and the most ridiculous thing is when the ghost can come back to life without finding their body. This show is getting worst in every episode. And I still don't understand why Tyler become human again. Can somebody explain to me about it? And Caroline is the most annoying character in season 1-6 which means in all seasons she's so damn annoying. If Julia plec made her be killed in season 1 I think it wouldn't change the plot at all. And the mistake Julia Plec made was when Elena and Bonnie thought that Caroline was a bitch then why should they became bestfriend when caroline became a vampire? That doesn't make any sense. How could a bitch suddenly turn into a good people when she became a vampire whom is the monster that should kill human to stay alive? Oh and the main characters keep coming back from death is so damn annoying and ridiculous.