The Vampire Diaries

The Departed

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 10, 2012 on The CW

• Undecided

Part of me absolutely loved this finale. While another part of me was insanely bothered by a few things. So....Klaus is dead? But wait, only his body? Honestly, if they keep him alive but only in Tyler then I will be very upset! I mean, it wasn't just his "persona" that made him so great, it was HIM! I guess I'm hoping they'll get his body back. But if they don't then to me it's the same thing as him being dead and that just doesn't jive with me!

The very last scene was a huge shocker though! Wow.. So there's THAT. Hmm. So Elena will be a vampire. Umm, even though the SHOCK aspect of this twist was cool, the novelty will wear off quickly and I'm afraid it will have a negative outcome on the show's overall premise. Maybe? I don't know. But I'm kinda disappointed overall. I mean, entertainment-wise they pulled out a solid 10, as always! That is, after all, what TVD does best. But I think they may have made some grave mistakes here.