The Vampire Diaries

The Five

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 01, 2012 on The CW

• Am I the only person who noticed???

It seems that none of the other reviewers have noticed the glaring inconsistency in the writing of this episode

During the "historical" parts with Klaus he mentions that they could talk to the hunters during daylight because of their daylight rings... yes, the Originals (who don't need rings to walk in the sunlight), magically in this episode suddenly DO need rings!

While I enjoyed this episode overall, it seems to be that the writers just don't bother watching/reading the show's history, but only know that Elena, Stefan, Damon & Caroline have rings, so the Originals MUST need rings too, right? WRONG!

I have to say that Halloween was the perfect time to let Elena learn about the vampire part, with the "costumes" being vampires with the blood on the face being perfect

I have to say that I expected something different from the Hunter biting the hybrid's ear, expecting him to break his wrists/hands to get out of the cuffs, knowing that the blood would cure him, but would he actually want hybrid/vampire blood in his system? No, so using it to get the ear bar was interesting, but a pity that a straight bar is USELESS as a lock pick, unless he could mold it in his teeth or fingers, but he'd have to be INCREDIBLY skilled to do that...

Let's hope that this season grows the way previous seasons have, because it's been fairly "average" up to now, with this one actually getting several story arc wheels fully in motion, so let's hope the writers stop making annoying mistakes like the rings, and continue to actually develop things like they normally do on this show!!!