The Vampire Diaries

The New Deal

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 05, 2012 on The CW

• Slow and sad, but not less captivating

Yes, Klaus' revenge wasn't that elaborate, but I'm pretty sure that's normal, he doesn't want to hurt his family either, so I'm guessing that's why he takes less risks. Stefan... I'm not sure about him, some people picture him as a new Damon, but I could not agree less with that. I'm uncertain what he wants and how much he feels now. His humanity is not completely restored, I believe.

I thought Jeremy's plan to leave town was a very sensible reaction (of course, Klaus would find them, but it seemed like a human, normal reaction). And although I feel kinda sad they sent Jeremy away, I think it was a very realistic option. Besides, what storyline was there left for him now? Bonnie dumped him and he was back to being the grumpy rebellious teenager. I do hope to see him return some day. Maybe with a vampire on his arm :p

Anyhow... very nice and touching episode. I was suprised that Klaus stabbed his sister again, but it did make sense ... somewhere. I though this was a very ambiguous, thoughtful episode. I really liked it.

And don't get me started about the ending: fi-na-lly. Of course Stefan will probably redeem himself and all that shit, but come on, even Stelenafans must have found that a great moment. And typical Damon, it shows how he wrestles with being 'human' and just going for what he wants. Sometimes you just do the latter, no matter what..