The Vampire Diaries

The Sacrifice

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 02, 2010 on The CW

• Caroline and Tyler's first full moon.

The baby vampire & the new werewolf take advantage of her maker's "distraction" over the moonstone situation. To be perfectly honest, missery suits them (as "I'm only happy when it rains" goes) and, for two creatures who only smile in the dark, they take upon themselves the task to make Tyler's first transition as smooth as possible. Although Mason's journals make things look A LOT worse than Tyler originally thought, Caroline sticks to him. In, what is perhaps one of the most moving scenes of the entire show, she explains what it was like to be alone when she first turned, to have no control over her own urges, to be responsible of killing a man. She vows not to let that happen to Tyler, she's not going to leave him alone.

The irony being that the baby vampire is braver than her own maker, for Damon is not going to go inside the tomb without his "crafty little witch", a couple of baby brothers and at least a dozen different spells that could have killed Bonnie, if it weren't because Jeremy and Luka are not going to leave her on her own either. It's because of this latest stunt to save Elena that Stefan gets trapped inside that tomb ...with Katherine.
  • back on track!...

It really felt like the last few episodes were a big let down (loads of cheesy stuff and stupid moves... the same way you watch a bad horror movie and want to shout at the characters "run!" or "don't go there/do that you idiot!"). However, my interest for the show came back with this week's episode : much more stuff is going on and less irrational decisions are being made by the characters. Although it turns out that acting selflessly shouldn't necessarily mean plotting behind everybody's back or pushing unreachable limits (for example, Bonnie playing "superwitch" and having the others relying on her in a critical moment when she knows that the "bonding thing" is uncertain... Or Elena secretly throwing herself at Klaus for everybody's sake even though a happy ending sounds totally unlikely to happen with these bad guys). Well, i'm not saying that this is all wrong but sometimes it feels a little too obvious and i'd rather see all of the characters working together as a strong team against evil instead of each of them following their individual goals and beliefs.

All in all, this episode was entertaining and fast-paced. I like Caroline & Tyler's friendship (poor Matt, he looked so confused and upset!), Jeremy acted smart and grown-up, Damon will get to protect Elena more closely while Stefan will have to manage Katerina in a confined space (oooohh!) and Elijah seems to have a bad-ass plan...

Thanks for reading!
  • A M A Z I N G ! !

There has to be a reason why luke's dad is helping out in getting elena! Jeremy really likes Bonnie bless him, and she likes that luke boy. I think Elema is starting to act a little more like katerine now, she a little more like a bad girl. Damon is always the one everyone rings when elena runs off somewhere, I think it's so cute bless him, he really likes her. I cant wait until they start getting together sort of thing. something has now got to happen between stefan and katerine now, but will elena find out, now thats going to bug me! But i think if something did happen it would be katerine to say something to elena. Cant wait for the next one!

LOVE YOU DAMON! X
  • The Sacrifice

The Sacrifice was a Perfect episode of The Vampire Diaries because it combined all of the minor and major story lines in some part. This episode was very entertaining and surprising. It was nice to see Caroline helping Tyler, and scary to learn what he'll have to go through. It was also interesting how Luka's father is working for Elijah. Luka and Bonny shared a special moment and later Bonny used that time and what she learned trying to help Damon and Stephan. Jeremy got into his own trouble while Matt was trying to get closer with Caroline. Katherine strikes and feeds off of someone which was a cool scene. There were a few surprises, especially at the end. I am intrigued, and hope that we get to see a lot more action with Elijah, other originals, and get a lot of back history on them, maybe through flash backs. I really like watching their action scenes though. What we know so far is fascinating, and I just want to know more. Looking forward to the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Great, great, great!

This episode was, no doubt, the best of the series. However, at the moment, I don't care. All I can think about was that promo for next week's. That horrible, horrible, awful, disturbing promo! Stefan and Katherine are going have sex? What? What? WHAT? No. No. No... That cannot happen. If it does, I will lose s o m u c h respect for this show... which would be truly devastating 'cause it's my favorite show. So that's not okay. It is not okay! But anyway...

The Sacrifice was truly magnificent. So suspenseful and thrilling. Very on the edge of your seat, white knuckle sort of thing.