The Vampire Diaries

The Ties That Bind

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 19, 2012 on The CW

• Guess who's back! (Spoilers)

Well there's a twist that I stopped expecting about 5 episodes into this season! Elijah is back! But before I get into that, let's talk about Stefan..

Apparently, Stefan is still holding onto some humanity. Tonight Elena decided to flap her gums about Damon which revealed some real concern in Stefan. Ugh. This better not get in the way of everything with - let's face it - the better brother. Elena has to see that!

Klaus decided to get back on the offensive by compelling Bonnie's mom to find out where the caskets were being held, but not before Damon was able to hide the mysterious fourth one. Oh, and he apparently decided to de-stake Elijah in the process! :O Whoa! Personally, I miss Rebekah the most. I certainly hope Elijah doesn't figure out a way to kill Klaus.. I mean come on now, Klaus is the coolest villain ever!

I give it a 9 because Elena and Stefan's little "mutual understanding" moment annoyed the crap out of me. That, and the whole unsiring thing with Tyler and Caroline wasn't as cool as I'd hoped.

Still, a superb episode as always.