The Vampire Diaries

There Goes the Neighborhood

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 01, 2010 on The CW

7.2
  • What an amazing episode...

As I said in the summary, what an amazing episode!
    The first thing I'd like to say is... well, ask, rather... is has anyone else noticed that The Vampire Diaries has changed a lot in the last two episodes? To my mind, it kinda sort of seems like in the earlier episodes it was more teen-drama-y, which is all right, but as the show has progressed, it has become more thriller/horror/action, and I'm loving every single second of it.

IMO, this episode and the previous episode have been the best of the series. I loved the episode You're Undead to Me and the one before it (was it called Family Ties? I forget.. .. .. ..). But yes. I love this show.

Things I loved about this episode:

1. Everything. Hah.
    2. The ending! When Jeremy told Anna that he wanted her to turn him, I got chills. I did not see that coming. Why does he want to become a vampire? I mean, Vicki's gone. So what else is there? I guess we'll find out. Maybe so he can eternally be with Anna? Although he doesn't really know her that well. Ahh... yes... I'm rambling. Love it.
    3. Jeremy finding out that Anna was a vampire. Sweetto.
    4. Seeing Elena and Stefan being happy together. It's nice to have a couple have no drama and just be happy on a television show.
    5. The development of Matt and Caroline's characters and their relationship. Even though it's [the relationship] rocky, I like them together. Caroline can be a little stupid, I won't deny it, and Matt can say some stupid things (like the he and Elena making out in the sports car comment... c'mon), but their stupidity makes them one good couple.
    6. The double date. The tension was amusing.
    7. The scene was Jenna was with the vampire. I was pretty sure she wasn't going to die, but I couldn't quite be sure, and it was amazing for my eyes. lol. My heart was pounding.
    8. Pearl. I like her character. Mean!! In an awsomeeeee way.
    9. Jeremy and Anna. I like the idea of them being together. Kind of hope he gets turned. But I also kind of don't. Conflicted.

Things I didn't like
    1. That two of the new vampires died. I mean, as a hardcore TVD fan, I should know that if a new vampire comes on the show and they don't seem to be very important to the storyline, they'll stick around for one episode... two tops. I understand the chick vampire dying, but I liked the guy. Wait, did he die? Never mind. Because he was in the next episode's preview... But Pearl staked him... Never mind... Oops.
    2. Where's Bonnie? I miss that witch!
    3. Where's Alaric? I miss that un-killable dude! After last week where Damon un-killed him, you can't just NOT have him in this week's episode. Well, I mean, you can, because they didn't, but they shouldn't have. Ahh, well.
    4. When it ended. :PP made me want so much more!!!

TTY Next Week
  • Season 1, Episode 16

This show blows me away every single episode. I mean seriously. In this episode, Elena and Stefan go out on a double date with Caroline and Matt. Elena wants one night to be a "normal" girl where she doesn't have to worry about vampires or witches or anything. While on the date Caroline feels threatened by Elena because Matt and Elena are talking about the times when they used to date. All of the vampires who came out of the tomb are at Pearl's house where she tells them they cannot leave! But, Anna leaves with a man. That man sees Elena and calls her Katherine. Plus he sees her with Stefan Salvatore. Jeremy being more convinced that Anna is a vampire, slits this hand in front of Anna and Anna can't resist so she sucks his blood, but eventually runs away when Jenna arrives home. Later, Anna asks Jeremy how he knew she was a vampire and he tells her about Vicki and she tells him that she could have killed him. and THEN Jeremy tells Anna that he wants her to turn him!! Later, that man shows up at the Salvatore residence and hurts Stefan!

9.7/10.

I officially love this show!
  • While Stefan and Elena are trying to normalize their relationship by double dating with Matt and Caroline, Damon is visited by Anna and her mother. The visit is not very pleasant and things are about to get extremely messy in Mystic Falls.

This show seems to waver back and forth between a show about teen angst and a show about bloody killing vampires. When there is intrigue and you have to figure out what's going on it is much more interesting. In this case they are hitting you over the head with what is happening. Yes, there are a few intriguing things still occurring, but for the most part the story is becoming very stale.

So we have a huge nest of vampires now in Mystic Falls. Not just a few, but a few dozen all of which had been inhabiting the crypt that Bonnie's Grandmother opened and didn't properly seal afterwords. So it's taken quite a few episodes but we finally know that was all for naught.

Anna has brought back her mother and all of the vampires that were in the crypt and they are living in a farm outside of town. It turns out that Anna must be pretty old and her mother has "four hundred years on Damon and Stefan." Hmmm, that important point was left out when they were fooling around opening the sealed crypt. Under these circumstances one actually might feel bad for Damon for the first time since this show started out. As far as the actions of the humans in this episode, only Elena's brothers bold declaration really was a surprise or was it?

So the big question going forward is how will Stefan and Damon deal with this apocalypse of biblical proportions here in their little town of Mystic Falls? If they were smart they might just leave! Not likely. So I guess we will see what way this story goes beginning with the next episode. Thanks for reading...
  • Stefan and Damon starts to bond with more folks in Mystic falls, while Pearl and her vampire friends are planning something big. Jeremy encounters Anna again.

This episode focuses more on how the vampires are mingling around in Mystic falls. It seems that Matt will always have something special for Elena and can't seem to let go. I think this is the third time, Caroline is doing another jealousy pout - I'm getting tired of watching the re-runs of it. She should have broken up with Matt because his heart still belongs to his ex. I feel like Matt and Elena never got a chance to talk about what really happened and move through their break up. Matt is a guy who's going to question about alot of things in his life and still haven't got the answers yet.

A few interesting things are revealed again in this episode. Firstly, how Pearl has revealed her self to be 400 years (or older?) than Damon and she is seemingly more physically powerful as she moves with faster speed and stamina. This got me wondering if Katherine is around that number or even much older than Pearl? Sara, Elena's Aunty really threw me off as a fun, carefree and easy going blonde who's just going about her life looking after her relatives and hoping to meet someone to be in her life again but i guess it's just an act, perhaps every body puts on in Mystic falls? As she didn't get compelled by one of the vampires from the tomb. I guess she knew about vampires too? and takes vervain to protect herself. It didn't shocked me that Jeremy wanted to be a vampire. His character is portrayed as reckless, emotionally weak and can't stand on his two feet properly. He is too predictable!

Finally, let's see which vampire will get nasty first in the next episode... or perhaps we will get to see where Isabel really is and what Alaric is getting up to?