The Vampire Diaries

Season 5 Episode 11

500 Years of Solitude

Full Episode: 500 Years of Solitude

Full Episode Summary

With her impending death, 500-year-old Katherine reminisces about her life and the night she gave birth in 1490. Stefan informs Elena, Caroline and Bonnie that Katherine doesn't have long to live. Damon, Matt and Jeremy talk about Katherine's infamous moments. Stefan and Elena are forced to help Nadia save her mother. Caroline indulges in some scandalous behavior. Katherine and Elena share a moment of bonding.

8.1
out of 10
Average Rating
99 votes
Episode Discussion (13)
We all know its Just a Tv Show,,, the Writer are Wrack out,, maken Elena weak,,,
This episode was a perfect 10 !! LOVED how they brought everyone back and oh how great it was to see Jenna and even Vicky. I really wish that Jenna would come back for real, preferably hand in hand with Ric ! Tyler, Welcome back, that was a long overdue return !! My girly heart wishes for some drama including Tyler + Caroline and even + Stefan.. I think that'd be cute.
Can't wait for next episode, it'll be good to see the aftermath of Katherine actions. And how great of an actress is Nina Dobrev? Seriously, it blows my mind.
JEREMY JEREMY JEREMY
This comment has been removed.
Try the common search term 'watch the vampire diaries season [number] episode [number] online'
I hope for the sake of this show that Katherine takes over Elena's body. These characters are sucking the life out of me with the blandness and predictability. Something drastic needs to happen that'd going to flip their safe world upside down. Caroline needs to be evil, she needs to be possessed, or just be evil for a spell. Have fun with it. There's too many goody-goodies and not enough conflict.

One of the reasons why the Originals is kicking this shows ass as far as characters and story goes is because this show repeats itself entirely too much. By that, I mean, how many times do we have to hear Caroline badmouth Damon? The man has done a lot of good and really, if it weren't for him, she, Elena nor Bonnie would be alive. But well, he's evil, so he must be insulted at least 19238 times a day and she must beat Elena over the head with her dislike of him every chance she gets. It's gotten to the point where I think Caroline needs to die or leave or at least find a new song to sing, but I'm tried of her shit. Every damn episode, she's on her moral soap box as if she didn't kill a bunch of innocent witches for selfish reasons and apparently sleeps just fine day to day. Or what about the carnival dude, or the deputies? She's killed too, but she just brushes it off like it doesn't matter five minutes later. SHUT THE HELL UP Caroline, ya hypocrite!

Also, Stefan is sooooooooooo f-ing boing! I honestly feel as though the actor is phoning it in. He lacks charisma in every way. It's as if the writers don't know what to do with their characters any more. I really hope things start picking up after this long winter break.
>>Stefan and Elena are forced to help Nadia save her mother<<

See this? Does that mean Katherine lives? Note it does not say "TRY" to save. I could be reading too much into it but hope I'm not....
I remember reading somewhere two or three months ago that Klaus was making a return to TVD - and obviously there's no reason for Klaus to appear in the present, as there's no space for him in the current storylines, so it would make sense that his appearance will be in flashback-mode in this episode! Even Elijah once said to Katerina that she used to be a lot like Elena; perhaps this episode will show how she transformed into someone who deserves to be greeted with a punch in the face at every entrance! Speaking of, is anyone else always amazed at how forgiving Elena is? If I was her I'd wanna give Katerina a kick in the teeth every time I saw her, after all the people she's murdered just 'cause she felt like it!
They better not Kill off Katherine. If they do that would be my last episode for the series.
Same here.along with the fact that the writers keep screwing me over & over again.Katherine's my favorite character and in season 3,she was dragged into Mikael's coffin making me go through episode wondering if she's still alive only for her to leave in the end of the episode where I was relieved to see her again and now there's a chance she might die just because she became human since people found out it was gonna be Damon who took it and they wanted surprise the fans.My favorite couples break up,characters I like get killed off and couples I don't want to happen plan on happening.Julie Plec is a lunatic especially with a tweet saying if they make a season 9,there's gonna a musical episode and she says she doesn't care whether she gets fired or not
What a great title for an episode! And it makes sense, as last ep's cliffhanger was Katerina passing out & falling down the stairs, so presumably she'll be unconscious & dreaming about her long & tragic life! Lots of things we've never heard about before hopefully (e.g. at the malevolent hands of Klaus...?). Can't believe it's another two more weeks away though!
Wow ... It's gna be a blast as always ..
Its gonna be at Katherine enough said..
Friday