TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The Venture Brothers Forums

Sunday 11:30 PM on Cartoon NetworkIn Season

The Better Man Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

RaizenYusuke

[1]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 28

Not sure if this will be deleted or not, but since the discussion isn't up I figure might as well make one even if it is temporary to talk about the episode.

I loved this episode it is probably tied with Revenge Society and Blood of the Father and Heart of Steel as my favorite episode this season. The Triad finally get spotlight in season 4 with their arch enemy trying to open a portal to hell. Al and Jefferson asking themselves who opens a portal to hell and that he was crazy for trying to do so. Orpheus's old student the Out Lander(I think) comes in kills the demon, revives Jefferson, and goes back to hell in like a minute. I felt bad for Dr. O that his student was not only better(so it appeared), but also stole his wife, man that sucks.

Jefferson being depressed that he didn't have magic bit was funny, but I love the Master parts. He basically clowns Orpheus again only this time Orpheus is actually p!$$ed of about it. I love how throws a bomb shell on Treana by revealing Hank and Dean are clones for minute there I thought she was going to tell the boys.

Dean and Hank were awesome in this episode. When Hank was teaching Dean to meet girls I couldn't help but think he would tell him something stupid about Batman and Catwoman, but he actually gave his brother good advise. Hank hits on girls at the mall like a normal person. Total difference between how he actted on his double date in season 2. Dean was not wuss in this episode and actually talked to a girl without it going horribly wrong. The boys are better with the opposite sex than their father(thank God). Dermit was cool in this episode, but I loved how Hank and Dean clowned him.(the Venture Brothers clowned someone) Did I mention how awesome the boys were in this episode?

Torret killing Outlander was kind of awesome he is a much more serious villain than I gave him credit for, certainly better than the Monarch(on terms of grand schemes anyway). The conclusion were the Triad get stuck in hell and Orpheus made peace with the Outlander was good. Jefferson has a magic power saves the day, Outlander found a shortcut which saves Orpheus some face and he learns that he was at fault for his marriage failing, and Treana is training to learn magic like her father. This ends the whole Dean/Treana thing. It was nice of her to let him down gentely. I give the episode a 9.5 out of 10 even with the lack of Doc.

Best line of the episode:

He's such a loser. I mean who opens up Hell? The person who opens it up always dies first. That's villain 101!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

S-Shield

[2]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 21

Yeah, that was a solid episode. The Triad hasn't been my favorite side-group, but they were really good in this episode. I always thought they were a little off with Orpheus and the Alchemist having magic powers and Jefferson not having any.

I liked The Outrider, at first I thought he was going to be more like Solomon Kane, what with the Pilgrim hat, but he turned out not to be.

Orpheus's Master was 100% as always. Middle-aged Hank was scary, especially the warning about his monster children, since that might actually happen. And the fact that Triana has been there before and keeps getting her memory erased was hilarious.

This was kind of a slow week for the Venture Family, but even Dean mentioned how their lifestyle has gotten easier. I wonder where Hatred was? Maybe the OSI took him back after he almost fell off the wagon last week.

I can't believe next week is the last episode if the season. But at least we won't have to wait a year for the next one.

Edited on 12/07/2009 12:23pm

RaizenYusuke

[3]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 28
    I'm just glad they broke up season 4 into two parts so we don't have wait a year to see it like we did for season 2 and 3. Here's hoping season 4.2 will air this spring or summer.

S-Shield

[4]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 21

Yeah, looks like next week should be a good finale.

On a side note, does anyone else watch Doctor Who? When Dean was wearing his brown suit and had his hair all messed up, I swear he looked like Davide Tennant, the 10th Doctor.

orb-it-al-76

[5]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 2

I really liked this episode. I like Byron O as a person and a father. He seems like he really cares even though his efforts are often haphazard, misguided or just a complete failure. I felt sorry for the Hank and Dean seeing that all the efforts to keep them alive may have debilitating consequences later in their lives. But, that is perfectly in line with what happens if you clone something complex a few too many times. Dermot was funny and seeing Hank and Dean get a zinger in on him was awesome. Hank still rocking the neckerchief... That was great.

There were so many great one liners in this episode. I swear they get better every season.

Hank: Is he in hell yet?

Alchemist: Woo, he's in hell alright.

I know that we will never see it but I would like for them to make an episode about Dr. O's master and background.

The_Nobody101

[6]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 4
    I didn't expect Orpheus would become friends with the man that stole his wife, that was very mature. I expected him to still try and kill him even though he did admit he was a horrible husband.

If it was me, i still would've tried to beat the hell out of him anyway.