The Venture Brothers Forums

Sunday 11:30 PM on Cartoon NetworkIn Season

The Revenge Society Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

RaizenYusuke

[1]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 28

I'm sure this will be deleted when the editor makes one, but until he or she does I figure we could use this one to talk about last nights episode. I loved it. Phantom Limb returns crazy and alone. I thought talking to his coffee mug Wisdom was hilarious. Even crazy he kidnaps two Guild's council members. The Sovereign also comes back, I love Bowie. "Pay no attention to the handsome and ageless rock star hiding behind the couch. I am the Might Sovereign!"

Haterd is losing it man. He starts crying over Hank not liking him and locks himself in the bathroom and according to Rusty this isn't the first time. Dean is officially doing better then Hatred now. He panicked in this episode he got over very fast and was ready to help his dad. I was very impressed. Doc and Dean have really been bonding this season. Rusty is better father then Jonas. Hank and Haterd bonded in this episode too even though their plan to stop the Guild was well stupid. Orb story is resolved. The first Venture body guard destroyed it instead of killing Rusty's grandfather. I guess none of the Venture body guards have it in them to kill them. I loved how the whole Future Rusty bit was just Bowie screwing with Dean and Rusty. The two council men and Billy played off Limb well. I say it was a great episode.

Edited on 11/16/2009 12:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zan4

[2]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 10
    over all it was a good eps... i like the fact the orb was broken.. it suck that rusty father died for nothing...

S-Shield

[3]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 21

Yeah, I thought it was a good episode as well. I've been wondering about Phantom Limb since the premier of season 3. I was looking forward to the Future Doc thing since I saw it the previews from Adult Swim.com, so I was kind of bummed it wasn't really Future Doc, but it was still funny.

And i love how quickly Billy sold out Doc. I was sure he'd cover and not reveal the Orb's location, but two seconds later, "Don't kill me or anything, but I know where the Orb is..."

I was also kind of hoping for a bigger resolution to the Orb subplot, but again, i guess it's typical that it would be busted this whole time. It's a good thing Bowie found Dean, you just know Hank would have tried to actually run the Guild. "Dude, I'm in charge of all these guys? Sweet!"

RaizenYusuke

[4]Nov 17, 2009
    Billy was stupid. Tell the obviously crazy where a unknown and powerful object is. Phantom Limb didn't even threaten him or ask him if he knew about Orb. I when Phantom Limb got Orb I was expecting it to be a fake or that it was a flash light or something, since nobody ever used it.

NathanAlexander

[5]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 1
    Love the episode, but I questioned why Hatred didn't recognize Quizboy in the bag after the orb was taken. In episode 2 of this season Hatred officially met Quizboy when getting the money to pay the boys ransom and was learned his age. Why would hatred still call him a little boy if he already knew that Quizboy was 37 and not a child. Is it possible that episode 5 precedes episode 2 in the timeline ala episode 1?

zan4

[6]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 10
    it might of been his angle in thesack if his face was cover or something then yea... it seems like he knew who he was when he woke up next to him the next day.... so quiz boy lost his virginaty.....

RaizenYusuke

[7]Nov 20, 2009
    zan4 wrote:
    it might of been his angle in thesack if his face was cover or something then yea... it seems like he knew who he was when he woke up next to him the next day.... so quiz boy lost his virginaty.....
    Just not the way he expected it. Billy always gets screwed over.

S-Shield

[8]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 21
    Also, Hatred met Billy years ago, back when Billy worked undercover for the OSI trying to expose Phantom Limb, and Hatred was a double agent.

orb-it-al-76

[9]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 2
    I have been waiting for Phantom Limb to turn up again, he always reminds me of an old school James Bond villain. The part with the Orb was a little underwhelming, but fits well with the overall theme of the show.

dmenden

[10]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 6

With the revelation that the ORB was broken all along, did Jonas know it ahead of time? When everyone else was freaking out that Limb went to activate the ORB; Rusty seemed unimpressed, like he knew what was going to happen. Did Rusty already try to activate it or was there some other journal or recording about Sandow killing the ORB instead of Col Venture? If Rusty didn't try to activate it, yet knew it was broken; it seems HIGHLY unlikely that Jonas would not know that too. If so, did Kano kill him because he was trying to fix the ORB or not kill Jonas Sr. at all?

And it's great that Dean is the true Sovereign. Maybe, that's why Hitler the dog liked him so much!

Plus, why do I see the Billy bag be one of the first Venture Brothers action figures... that and perhaps a Revenge Society gift set.

"Chuck really is the muscle"

Also, as to why Billy revealed the ORB's location to Limb... Maybe Billy thought that Limb (despite being a madman)would be a better caretaker for the ORB than his freeloading friend, Rusty.

Edited on 12/05/2009 6:35am

YeomansJ

[11]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 9
    dmenden wrote:

With the revelation that the ORB was broken all along, did Jonas know it ahead of time? When everyone else was freaking out that Limb went to activate the ORB; Rusty seemed unimpressed, like he knew what was going to happen. Did Rusty already try to activate it or was there some other journal or recording about Sandow killing the ORB instead of Col Venture? If Rusty didn't try to activate it, yet knew it was broken; it seems HIGHLY unlikely that Jonas would not know that too. If so, did Kano kill him because he was trying to fix the ORB or not kill Jonas Sr. at all?

And it's great that Dean is the true Sovereign. Maybe, that's why Hitler the dog liked him so much!

Plus, why do I see the Billy bag be one of the first Venture Brothers action figures... that and perhaps a Revenge Society gift set.

"Chuck really is the muscle"

Also, as to why Billy revealed the ORB's location to Limb... Maybe Billy thought that Limb (despite being a madman)would be a better caretaker for the ORB than his freeloading friend, Rusty.

I think it is just the Rusty Venture character to never be threatened by anything. Remember that one to ten scale he did with Hatred when Hatred became his new Arch?

The_Nobody101

[12]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 4
    i have to say that i was disappointed that the orb thing's plot turned out to be nothing. And i kinda didn't like Phantom Limb's new crazy self. I thought he would return to be a big time villian once again.