The Venture Brothers

The Family That Slays Together, Stays Together (2)

Aired Sunday 11:30 PM Aug 24, 2008 on Cartoon Network

• This was an intense season finale. I am reviewing parts 1 and 2 together, because for all intents and purposes, they are one episode.

I could tell from the beginning of part one of this episode that it would include some major plot development, and I was not disappointed. I have to say, the third season of the Venture Brothers has been a bit different, as it has included far more plot and less jokes than the previous two seasons. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as it has been interesting to finally discover so much of the backstory of these characters. I especially loved how this episode finally showed us the beginning of the Guild, and what happened to the original Dr. Venture (has anyone else been really curious about that?). However, I would love to see season 4 return with some of the previous nonstop humor of seasons 1 and 2. I have to say, about this episode, it seemed a bit odd for Brock to suddenly surrender when the clones begin marching on the battle. Was it out of fear that the clones be destroyed? I don't know why he would care. It seemed out of character. And why would he quit at the end, when it seemed so clear earlier that he cared about the Venture boys and didn't want to leave them, but did it out of care for their safety. I suppose all the weirdness has finally gotten to him.

All in all, a good episode that leaves me longing for the start of Season 4.
  • Season was amazing... Top Class...

Really as my Summary/Subject said this season was impeccable with great writing and wit, consistent storylines while still furthering the plot, great stuff. I want this show to go on forever but it has the kind of brilliant writing and characters that the aesthetics turn people off yet if they actually watched it, adults and mature kids included, they would really appreciate and enjoy it and we would have many more seasons of this fantastic show. Please watch this show, get your friends and family to watch it to because it's entirely too soon to see it go anywhere and there's so much story left... Go Team Venture!!
  • This is a two part episode that must be watched together. Im reviewing these episodes as if they were one episode because i watched them back to back on tivo

I have been a fan of venture brothers for a while now. The wait for season 3 seemed like forever. When it finally came it did not dissapoint. Every episode had me glued to the screen. The season finale was incredible. Brock is at his best in this episode. The entire idea of the OSI after brock was great. You may have to think a bit to actually understand everything going on but that is why i watch this show. The final showdown between the OSI and the monarch was epic, bloody, hilarious, and the fact that brock set the whole thing up is priceless. although this episode is very plot driven, doesnt mean that there isnt enough action either. The way brock takes out each asassin is crazy. So in this episode you get three hardcore battles between brock and 3 expert asassins, A very thought provoking plot, and an epic showdown between the OSI and the Monarch. What else do you want from a venture brothers finale? I love this episode and cant wait for the dvd to come out.
TOON