The View Forums

Weekdays 11:00 AM on ABCIn Season

HPV preventive shots

kay2823

[1]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 1

My mother died of a cancer that was HPV to start with. We knew nothing about his back in 1975. Her death was long, painful, and a nightmare for her and all those who loved her.

My daughter in law has suffered from the warts caused by HPV. She was molested.

I checked with my doctor about the shot and she said it has been tested and they have had 100% success with the 4 types it prevents and that are most common.

For me this is a no brainer. My daughters, ages 14 and 16 have had 2 of the 3 shots. My daughters are not ready for sex. That is a long way off. We have wonderful and open relationships. They understand that rape happens! You don't always ask to have sex. Sometimes you are simply a victom and if I can do something that could help save my daughters from the type cancer that took their grandmother from them years before they were born then I will do it.

Today the View really was down on the shots. I think they need to look into it better before making their comments or at least have someone on the other side there.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RayBriggs9999

[2]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    I agree-You have a good point - Thank you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.