The View

Weekdays 11:00 AM on ABC Premiered Aug 11, 1997 In Season

thefanof

The View Fan Reviews (1316)

4.6
  • The shirt that Joy Baher has for Mr. Carson.

The insult that Joy has but out for Mr. Carson is sad for the View. A blue shirt is like Joy putting on a bikini and then saying how good she looks!!!! Mr. Ben Carson deserves a white shirt ladies.
  • TheView Needs to Return to its Roots

I am growing increasingly concerned with what the producers are thinking about when it comes to the View. There are so many inane talk shows on the air currently, it would be refreshing if the View catered to the more informed and articulate viewer.

I truly believe that I am not the only person who doesn't care about the Kardashians or anything they are "doing", whether the sound heard on set was that of flatulence or a chair, whether someone's breasts have to be picked up and flung over the shoulder before they can sit or whatever other silliness is being discussed.

Whoopi is a terrible moderator. She discards comments from other panelists who don't share her view, she has not mastered the art of the "topic transition" or "throwing to a commercial". Yes, every now and again she says something profound, but that is a rarity. She also seems so uninformed about the topics and the guests. She is extremely rude to Paula. Once Whoopi starts being the "mean girl" to Paula, I turn the channel.

Joy: Love, love, love Joy! Sometimes her comments make zero sense (but that happens to everyone), but she is hilarious. I like her voice and I like her liberal-Live and let live-view. She seems the most genuine to me. I enjoy when she moderates. The show seems friendlier and relaxed, and the pace moves smoother.

Candace: That nails on the chalkboard, baby voice is irritating. I'm glad that she has lost some of her "bullying" ways. When she does speak, it's usually in a calm and rational way, although I don't agree with what she says most of the time. Why does the styling team insist upon "sexing" her up? That's not her. She can be a conservative and dress conservatively and people who enjoy Candace, will continue to enjoy Candace.

Raven: Please, NO! Her constant "I am young, so I don't understand" and "I am the voice of the youth", etc; please make her stop! I know many WOMEN in their 30's and they are well informed, literate and rational. I wish she would refrain from acting like she is an 18 year old and the "grown-up" world is so brand new. Where is Megan McCain, because The View needs her.

Sonny Hostin: Yes, add her permanently! Intelligent, can reasonably see both political points of view, beautiful and composed. I have a feeling Whoopi is threatened by her and that's why she hasn't been offered a full time gig.

Paula: Oh, Paula. So cute, yet so zany. I think she is great reading from a teleprompter for the news, but for The View, she hasn't found her footing. I think it would be easier for her if Whoopi weren't on the panel. When non-entertainment guests are on, I think Paula should lead the questions because of her background in journalism.

Sherri: No!!! Ever since she had abandoned that baby, I have zero respect for her. She should be ashamed of herself and so should The View every time she makes an appearance.

Michelle: I'm sure she is a fun person to hang out with, but she is not a good fit for The View. She tries too hard for the laugh and she makes me uncomfortable watching her.

Go back to your roots! Politics, hot button issues of today like the Flint water issue, the struggles of raising kids and some good guests with a few laughs thrown in. If I wanted to hear all about Pop Culture, there are a plethora of others shows handling that nonsense. My dream panel would consist of Katie Couric or Hoda Kotb, Star Jones (get over the whole wedding and weight loss stuff, we have all done something, the lady is highly intelligent and a great orator), Joy Behar (hilarious, love her grandmother stories and is very intelligent), and Meredith Vieira (as the moderator). If the View wants an intelligent young person, get Megan McCain.

It is not too late to save the View. Please bring class and intelligence back to daytime tv, there really are viewers who don't want the dumb downed talk shows that seem to be taking over.
  • I agree with return to roots

I also am growing increasingly concerned with what the producers are thinking about when it comes to the View. There are so many inane talk shows on the air currently, it would be refreshing if the View catered to the more informed and articulate viewer.

hearing about Whoopi's flatulence or a chair, whether Whoopi's breasts have to be picked up and flung over her shoulder before she can sit or whatever other silliness is being discussed.

Whoopi is a terrible moderator. She discards comments from other panelists who don't share her view, she has not mastered the art of the "topic transition she rolls her eyes and looks bored "She also seems so uninformed about the topics and the guests. She is extremely rude to Paula. The show has become Whoopi's view and she is a bully.

Joy: Love, love, love Joy! Sometimes her comments make zero sense (but that happens to everyone), but she is hi Her am young, so I don't am the voice of the youth, I know many WOMEN in their 30's and they are well informed, literate and rational. I wish she wlarious. I like her voice and I like her liberal-Live and let live-view. She seems the most genuine to me. I enjoy when she moderates. The show seems friendlier and relaxed, and the pace moves smoother. That is why I watch on Fridays because Joy is the moderator and the show is much better.

Candace: I think she is ok mainly she looks to afraid to talk because Whoopi will bash her if she doesn't agree with her.

Raven: stupid and boring

Sherri: No!!! she needs to stay gone very dumb.

• To much politics

Why would you bash the republican candidates when you know that at least 50 per cent of the viewing audience is going to be annoyed. Why not avoid politics altogether. Whoopi Goldberg is the worst. I don't hardly ever watch the view for that reason. They sound so childish bashing the candidates and other political views concerning the republicans. The show would be better if they avoided politics said a long time ago when they got rid of Sheri Shepard and some of the other decent cohosts, that they should have gotten rid of Whoopi. The only decent people now are Candice and Paula. If they do not want the show to be cancelled, then they should get rid of Whoopi and stop talking politics. I watch the talk, a very refreshing and upbeat show.
  • Forget Michelle!

All I can say is that Michelle is so busy trying to be funny ... she often misses the point and doesn't get the laugh she is aiming for. She speaks so fast that I rarely understand her attempts at standup comedy. .I do not think her attitude and manner is a good fit for The View.

Please, no more of Sherri Shepherd. I try to appreciate her humor, but there is nothing funny about her anger against the world. There are countless other talented, beautiful women of color and we would like to see them get a chance on The View.
  • In the Gutter

Very difficult to sit thru 5 minutes of this show anymore... They have no respect for humans and they pass along unsupported opinions. PLEASE pull the 30 minutes of political rudeness and life-lessons on how we should think. We have a mind where we can conclude our own directions. It has went down-hill since Barbra Walters no longer appears to keep this panel in-line.
  • pulling my hair!

Just watched the "pair up/slim down" swear if you don't take a nerve pill to get through Joyce and the rest on the panel talking over eachother you will damn near go slap crazy trying to hear the poor guy explain what and why these foods work!!! Shut Up And Listen Before You Make Your Opinion!!!!
  • Liberals to the Max

Does anyone really watch this trash? What a 1 sided format. Change the name from The View to The Few, that's how many people are watching this trash.
  • The View should be canceled unless they find better group of co-hosts!

I used to like Whoopi a lot as an actress and a comedian and thought I knew her but now I know the REAL her after she has shown more and more of how much she makes unfair statements and takes her buddies' side even without proof of their innocence. The way she challenged Paula Faris either on 1/20/16 or 1/21/16 shocked me and showed me how rude she is in general. Just because she is black, it doesn't make her an expert on Black History. She was definitely and extremely rude to Paula.

Whoopi can be very good in acting but as far as being knowledgeable, educated, polite, professional and fair, she definitely does not own any of these qualifications. She has disappointed me!

I do agree with Opinion3 when it comes to those Whites who died standing tall and standing with Blacks for If any Blacks who claim they know their HISTORY well, they would be appreciative and thankful by giving other races credit and remembering them for their courageous acts, efforts and sacrifices to make it all happen for Blacks today! Therefore, you cannot select only what part of Black History you want to remember or only accept part of it!!

The View would be better without Whoopi not to mention the immaturity of Raven. But on the other hand, Raven is a great actress. Michelle doesn't quite fit to be a co-host of a talk show. Candace is not quite knowledgeable and too immature in many ways. Joy is always funny and great when it comes to politics. She and Paula Faris are the most knowledgeable. Though I like Paula a lot but she's way too sympathetic which leads her to fail to recognize some other important facts. At this point, I would like to say that besides Joy Behar, The View needs to search for more professional co-hosts.

• Please tell somebody's jokes as often as possible

We need less drama and more laughter. The 3 complaining comedians should be proud and happy that Amy Schumer likes their jokes and that she repeats them. One smart and kind singer once said: If somebody sings my song, I am happy that they like it. The art of telling a joke is not only about the content but mostly about the charisma and talent to make people lough, it's about giving. Apparently, a smile causes production of HAPPY chemicals in our body. The more people tell your jokes the better. Complaining about somebody using your jokes is ridiculous, or it might mean that you want to jump on somebody else's fame wagon. I love the View, the ladies, and the discussions.
  • Not a view

At one time it used to be very informative and entertaining. All have disappeared, it's boring, one sided, name calling and I haven't a clue what they are laughing about. They may not either. When the View comes on I switch the channel.
  • they should fired whoppi

i think the show would be better without whoopi
  • Enough Already

Why the constant republican bashing and no mention of Hilary's FBI investigation???? If it was Donald Trump who was being investigated it would be an EVERYDAY discussion. Remember ladies, not everyone is a democrat.
  • Go away!!!

This show is a disgrace - nothing but who can yell the loudest, whoopi bullying Candace and Paula, Michelle being obnoxious, and Raven being a know it all. Barbara had a good show until these people ruined it!! I used to love Whoopi- now it's all blacks vs whites- there's good and bad people of all races!!! It's really aggravating to watch!
  • The Rants Of An Angry Woman

Really Whoopie your the one who talks about painting a certain race with one paint brush? Yet you paint all whites as racist.. Maybe you need to revisit YOUR history, there were many Whites who died standing tall and standing with Blacks for equality.. Yes, there have been horrible cop related tragedies lately.. There's bad in all races, but there are good whites.. Don't take everyone back 50+yrs.. You speak of MLK, many of us believe he wouldn't want to go backwards..

I'm confused like many ppl why have Paula Farris on? Everytime she speaks Whoopie begins screaming and more or less attempts to make her look like a fool.. It matters not what she's saying, she can b agreeing with Whoopie and explaining why and Whoopie immed begins the attack then Paula cowards down and shuts up.. Hey even I wasn't intelligent enough to know Obama was addressing Children, not grownups.. Damn, I wished I'd known so I could have called the kids to watch.. Paula your not Cher, stop the tongue licking.. Not cute!!

Whoopie attempted this with Cameron but Cameron would keep talking nonstop so Whoopie decided cut her off not argue but the hate eyes are there.. I don't always agree with Cameron and it saddens many Christians to see her allowing herself to be oversexualized for a TV Show.. I'd think being on a talk show would not make me sexualize myself for TV when I had young teenagers I'm raising in a Christian home, esp one where she's been publicly outcast for her "submission and obedience to husband views, stating he makes all final Really he's ok with provocative sexualism of his wife? Hmm maybe turn And yes, the mid drift bearing, leg bearing (my 2yr old Gdaughters dresses aren't that short) as well as humping dances, videos trying be so sexy your daughter calls you out, fake hair, fake chalk teeth, makes me ask you, do u dress like this for Church? Would you dance like that at Church? Don't sale yourself... You can b opinionated esp with women without sexualizing yourself..

Why would Barbara Walters cont to be involved and allow Whoopies rudeness, racism and bigotry? Is she that money hungry? I realize she isn't on the show but she's still affiliated with the show.. Saddens me, I truly thought she had higher standards.. Of course we've all heard Whoopie despises the show and has attempted repeatedly to get out of contract (Wendy William's said it on her own show).. But why allow her to destroy show? She doesn't even bring big name guest in..

Why is Raven treated as a child (other than she kisses Whoopies ass) she's a 30 y/o damn woman.. One min she's moaning and groaning had no childhood had to be an adult support family financially.. Next min giggling and acting downright immature and childish.. As well as sadly ...

unintelligent, unable form sentences or know common everyday history.. Really producers you always have group preshow meetings re topics.. You didn't take the time to tell Raven who was already under fire with the public over racism & names to say to Ann Coulter "My Moma told me if u don't have anything good to say don't say anything?" Are you trying to make a mockery of her for ratings knowing she's signing her own has been joke of a once celebrity certificate?

Joy, what can you say? The show had an Atheist (Joy) attempt to interview a Catholic, Priest, Rabbi and a Muslim, re their thoughts on the shooting in Ca. And religion.. Need I say more about uncomfortable for all!!! Geez!!! I do have to admit though I've noticed on Fridays when Joy is the moderator there's laughter, friendliness towards ea other, even allowing ea other to give their View interruption free.. No yelling cutting ea other off or showing downright anger, meanness!! Topics not being automatically chgd to hatred and racism..

Michele, made the huge faux pa and now consistently tries to pretend she's on the avg common person side.. Ah hem Nurses (I'm one) She's a joke working on her 5 min of fame using a ship going dn to make her name known.. Sadly she seems to b making her name known alright but not in a good way.. NY friends say they do not attend comedy shows if she's part of the lineup..

As for the ones claiming those of us who vocalize our opinions are nothing but haters.. DUH it's called Reviews.. Not just the good review or YOUR review.. Many of us watched this show from day 1 and are saddened..

I as many so wanted this show to go bk to it's orig self.. It was my fav show, yet it's going further and further into disaster show history.. Which sadly will Barbara Walters be remembered as the pioneer of female journalism or the famous journalist who launched a show and watched it deteriorate, demoralize and publicly sink, while keeping afloat ruining ppls careers just for money... Poss in her mind she thinks ppl will see it as a show that went down because she was no longer on??? Think your past that point BABS... Possibly she's like the entire panel scared to stand up to Whoopie.. Why hold Whoopie to her contract and watch her completely sink this show? Let her out of the damn contract and save your show.. Or just shut it down.. Don't suppose Whoppie could hold you to the contract if she caused the shows demise??
  • ruby b. said: it was about good and evil ! Not racism!

Jan 18th 2016

hope Whoopi can understand the real problem! Many white people were and are good. Same goes for other ethnicities such as black and there were and still are many evil white people and same goes for other ethnicities. There's is only one race! Human race!

And please let's not forget the difference between racism and prejudice! Our problem is not racism! Our problem is prejudice and discrimination! Anyone can be prejudice and discriminate against others! It has nothing to do with the color of their skin! And the one who protests against racism, prejudice, and discrimination, should be a role model for equality! Whoopi interrupting other's conversation and passing judgment about co-hosts, and the negative image she constantly show case, defeats the WHOLE purpose!

Btw, whoopi asked people to read the history! Please don't forget the present, whoopi! We have a black president NOW. This factor will be part of our history soon! Right?

And she said something about what we are taught! My question is who taught her all these hate and negativity!

I hope c. Johnson known as whoopi g. thinks hard about what SHE reflects!

Love or hate? Good or evil?

Jan 12th & 13th

Whoopi is bossy and rude ! What's up with her attitude toward her co-hosts!! Yesterday, with Candace and today with Paula! She was lecturing Paula about managing her time! Paula tried to explain but she interrupted her! Who does whoopi think she is? Who is she to judge other's time management! And why the rest of the co-hosts got silent!!!!! Please speak up ladies! Don't be afraid of whoopi! She has major anger issue and she is abusing her position in the view to micromanage her co-hosts's point of view! I remember she was funny in movies but her behavior is pretty disgusting in the VIEW!! It's really sad! I used to enjoy watching this show many years ago on a regular basis but it's not the same!
  • Enough is enough!!

No matter how many times you change the host or other cast members, I find myself becoming irritated with your show! Enough politics!! Negative, negative! We get enough of that on TV. Wish your show was more entertaining. I'm sick and tired of Whoopi, Rosie (so rude). and the primadonnas on your show. NO class show. I have decided to watch something more entertaining and positive! I will NOT be watching your show anymore! Bye, bye!
  • bring back Michelle pease please get rid of Candance

4.5
    I love Whoopi and Joy bring Michelle back and get rid of Candace... have been watching this show since day one... been through all the changes but changing the cohost every day is distracting and not very pleasant ... for awhile I wasn't watching when Candace was on but I missed Whoopi so now I record it and fast forward when the twit is talking please.... she was a child on tv and then went on to do dancing with the stars and now a show on Netflix... wow... and what has Whoopi done oh that's right an Emmy Grammy Oscar Tony and how many movies she has paid her dues .. I am going to watch the view and cringe if I see Candace.... fingernails on a chalkboard... oh thank heavens Candace just walked off the show yippee maybe she wont come back now get rid of that Sonny Hoston perfect panel will be... whoopi... michelle... joy... raven... paula they can hold there own and discuss with intelligence and interest... I don't know what abc is thinking....
  • hate the show now

as a conservative that enjoys watching shows with different viewpoints.. I used to enjoy watching the view and hear different sides of a controversy. I hate it now. Barb walters gave the show class. It is totally disgusting now. The constant sexual innuendos and the trash talk about Republicans is terrible. These hosts are not experts in politics yet their comments are so biased and disgusting if you are not a liberal. Their viewpoints on Clinton and his many affairs are ridiculous. " OK to cheat if it isn;t your sole mate. Everyone does in Washington".. what about the liberal view of women.... do they not deserve some respect? Do we want a man like Clinton in the white house? I think this show will be in its demise because it is so liberal and does not give both sides of an issue..
  • Whoopi has to go!

4.5
    Whoopi is so ornery and so rude to the other co-hosts, especially to Paula Farris. Whoopi dominates every conversation and becomes argumentative when a co-host has a different opinion than she does. The show is not as much fun to watch because of Whoopi. On the days when Joy is the moderator, the ladies seem much more relaxed and have an easier time discussing the hot topics. Please let Whoopi go! Whoopi throws such fits whenever she does not like what one of the co-hosts says. She won't even let them get their point across most of the time. She is NOT in charge of this show nor is she the boss of the other co-hosts. PLEASE GET RID OF WHOOPI.......
  • Get Rid of Woopi

I'm getting to the point where I either don't watch the show or turn it off. Woopi is so rude to her guest and co host. She walks out at the beginning of the show like she'd rather be anywhere else but there. I'm so sick of hearing everyday about Trump and racial issues. Its clear Woopi is racist. The view is not her podium for her issues. What she said to candance today was uncalled for I wld have walked off myself. Woopi is a bully. Yesterdays show was all about race issues, I understand that it was MLK birthday but the whole show, come on. Not to mention it looks like Woopi just rolled out of bed everyday. I like t show so much better when Joy is the host. Get rid of Woopi!! I understand she wants out of her contract, let her out. Shes killing the show or teach her some manners.
  • WHOOPI HAS TA GO!

I am so glad I found others who feel she is unnecessarily rude to Paula. It is very hard to watch.. I emailed the show.. It's like she goes out of her way to discredit Paula and it is bordering being very bullish! Did you see how she completely eclipsed Paula's son's B-Day video by going straight to Joy after it was over? Joy had enough sense to at least comment before she said her part.. JEEZ! Either Paula secretly tried to take Whoopie's moderator's position or Whoopi has become an old bitter run down woman! And that's not to mention how she looks at everybody while they're talking.. As if none of them are making any sense to her and she is so dis-interested.. Do us all a favor and take your non caring attitude HOME and maybe sleep some it off!!
  • Much too Liberal

Now that Ted Cruz is coming up in the polls, the cast is now mocking him and pointing out negative things about him, while they refrain from any negativity about Hillary or Bernie. They fail to mention Hillary's lies and her involvement in Bengazi. When is the complete prejudice against the Republicans and Conservatives ever going to end. Yesterday, they stood by Obama's state of the union lies, and never questioned any of them. Also, in mocking the Republicans and calling them angry, we have also seen Obama's angry moments. Whoopi is the angriest with her yelling and intimidating manner.

Whoopi constantly complains about racism, yet she constantly mentions the color of her skin and jokes about it. She mocks Republicans, when she grimaces and makes a face when she mentions the name of a Republican. She is okay with ILLEGAL immigration as most of the cast are. They mention that the verse on the Statue of Liberty says,"Give me your poor and your hungry," yet are they not aware that there are immigration laws, and most of our ancestors came to the United States legally. When immigrants come here illegally, they have committed a crime. They are criminals. I know Trump has certainly made some ridiculous statements, but he is passionate about the state of our country, and wants a change for the better. Whoopi has on several occasions made a statement saying that Trump said that Mexicans are rapists and murderers, when in fact he did not use the word murderers, and he did not say ALL Mexicans. It is terrible how Whoopi gets so angry when she disagrees with an opinion of one of the other cast members. She treats Paula terribly, cutting her off when Paula is trying to make a point.. Whoopi is intimidating. She cuts people off when they are making a statement that she does not want the public to hear. Cameron says she is a born again Christian, and often talks about her Christian values, yet she dresses so provocatively in tight, short dresses, and often shows her belly. And sometimes she has occasion to dance, and she dances very provocatively shaking herself in a sexual manner. She made a video with her daughter, and she sings the sexy song, Santa Baby. She is a poor example for her teenage children. I wonder what her pastor and the church members think of her. She has a very irritating voice, also. Joy is very much against Republicans and often mocks them. Raven is very immature. Raven actually made a statement on one of the shows that her mother told her, "If you don't have something good to say about someone, then don't say anything at all. Well she apparently doesn't listen to her mother. The mockery of others by these cast members is atrocious.

• honest

Love the View as a show and love the cast. You can get a more real show!! Ladies you do a great job!
  • Whoopi

I do like Whoopi and think she's funny but.... I do agree with those saying she thinks her view is the only view!! It's ok to disagree with others' views but she shouted at Candace yesterday about the 10 Commandments and she usually is nasty to Paula. Get a grip, Whoop!

I do think they should get rid of Candace. Can't stand her "Christian" view. What is a "Christian" anyway? What specific religion IS she? She has an annoying voice and for someone who purports to be so holy, holy, she tries to dress and act so sexy. Just like Sherri, the other "Christian" who just spoke about sex all the time.

Paula is cute, Joy is funny and I didn't like Michelle at first, but her humor has grown on me. Raven needs to go; she is such a dimwit. I cringe everytime she opens her mouth.
  • It is called The View... Not... The Whoopi Show

4.5
    So tired of Whoopi abusing her moderator role. They all deserve equal time with their views.

Whoopi seems to try to override the other views... As though her view... Is the right view.

PS... I miss Nicole Wallace. I didn't care for her at first but I came to love her.

She was kind... honest... open... fun... AND... SMART!

They made a huge mistake when they let her go!

I am glad Joy is back. I get a kick out of her.

I am not impressed with Paula.

• The View

I lost interest in this show, I'm sick of woopi,s rants lost all respect for her. I will not watch the view ever again.
  • Whoopi's view

1.5
    why not call the show Whoopi's democrat view since that appears to be all that is allowed.
  • Whoopi attacking Paula show

1.5
    I have watched this show from day 1. I listened to Whoopi when she was on 102.5 fm morning show and was glad she came on the view. She always states that everyone has a view but when Paula speaks against her view she shuts her down. This comes off as the " Whoopi show" not " The View". I try to hang in there but her aggression to be right instead of deliver her view is obnoxious. The show's intent to have several views of women from varying backgrounds was well intentioned. This bullying behavior has only been allowed by producers thus you get what you get. I am sticking to the The Talk. No fighting or shutting down there! You gave up Nicole Wallace for Raven?? I am so disappointed. Especially when she could have brought us so much of her knowledge during this campaign season. Poor, poor choices. Bad, bad casting. Good Lord, I hung in there for all these years and like a bad marriage I wish I had gotten out a long time ago.
  • A different view

2.5
    I watched the View today, December 30th, 2015 and during the broadcast, viewers were invited to share a different opinion. If you are really serious about that, I would love to hear your thoughts on a the following. I definitely agree women should have control over their own bodies and be able to make decisions on that. The problem with pregnant women is that there is a distinct and unique body within their"s. It is alive and kicking, which is often demonstrated at some point during the time it is still in the mother's womb. Thanks to ultra sound technology, we now know that life is clearly human and this can be seen in an ultrasound at as early as one month and certainly at two months. Since that young life cannot communicate effectively or stand up for its own rights, why do you have a problem with other people doing that on the unborn child's behalf, especially in cases where the mother is planning to kill it?
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10