The View

Weekdays 11:00 AM on ABC Premiered Aug 11, 1997 In Season

thefanof

The View Fan Reviews (903)

• Not Happy **Read***

I'm very irritated about today's show. They shared a video of a Boy's father threating to beat up a bully for his child, so the boy said he was joking about being bullied.

Now everyone thinks the boy was joking when in reality the boy seemed so afraid his dad was gonna kill his bully so in return the boy said he was joking...

Here's the problem with this. The boy is probably getting bullied. So now people are seeing this are gonna child is making this up"

I would Like to see that father and son on the show and give the boy a lie detector test to see if he's getting bullied or was afraid of what his dad was gonna do so he said he was joking..
  • View fatigue

I am really having a hard time watching The View anymore. The hosts come across as mal contents who take umbrage with everything. They wanted Guiliana Rancic to apologize, but then Rosie P. criticized the apology. They didn't approve of Patricia Arquette's comments about women and equal pay. They lambasted the folks who were questioning Taylor Swift's donations. Ouch! I don't know, maybe it's me but I'm growing tired of all the nit picking and griping. I imagine it must be quite intimidating for the guest hosts. It does not appear to be a warm and welcoming environment. Particularly if you dare disagree or say the "wrong" thing. Just ask poor Samantha Ponder. Lighten your load ladies (and ours too)
  • The View

From the beginning of "The View," I was a loyal listener. I was fortunate enough to be in their audience several times. However, over the years, the changes made were not improvements. The strength of the show were Joy Behar, Meredith Vieira, and Lisa Ling. Other guest hosts were often well suited and added to the overall quality of the program. Whoopi has proved herself to be a wonderful entertainer; yet those same skills do not work for her as a moderator. Being bombastic simply cannot work well in this setting. It seems that she is not happy in her surroundings and is not connected with topics or coworkers.
  • No London!

I hope that the View is not considering Stacy London as a permanent replacement for Rosie! Her comment about the Oscars was to discuss the color of Jennifer Lopez's lipstick! I cannot imagine that through the entire Oscars that this was the most important assertion she could make,! She adds no pizzazz to the show. Come on can do better!
  • Obnoxious Nicolle, and Too Liberal of a show

Nicolle Wallace has an annoying voice and laugh, and SHE CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTS. I am surprised that the producers of The View let this obnoxiousness continue. Although she supposedly is a Republican, she often agrees with the other cast members who are very liberal. I think the producers of the show, chose her for that reason. I have been watching The View for the last 7 years since I retired. I DVR it, and watch it later in the day, and I have enjoyed watching it. However, this season with the new cast , I am very disappointed. I think it is terrible how the cast supports Michael Brown, even after all the factual evidence has been presented to the Grand Jury, and the Grand Jury made their decision on that evidence. It is totally one sided. The View's cast commented on how great it was that some of the Rams came out on the field raising their hands in support of Michael Brown, when in fact according to testimonies and evidence, Michael Brown did NOT surrender to the officer. These Rams players along with Michael Brown, have total disregard and disrespect for the police. Rosie P. is obsessed with her Latino heritage, often talking about her heritage

The View showed a RERUN regarding the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases. Discussion was at the beginning of the show and towards the end with Nancy Grace. They are all so anti police. The producers have many shows to rerun, yet they choose this rerun apparently to continue to incite the public. Now Stacy London is on often, and she just seems to grin and grimmace all the time, with not much to offer in discussions. Today, Nicolle was constantly interrupting Tai Beauchamp during the Must Have Monday portion of the show. She just can't quit her obnoxious high pitched interrupting.
  • Boxing/Broadway

Repeatedly, over & over & over, boxing & Broadway shows are discussed. It's like turkey, once or twice a year is plenty. Rosie Perez talks about this stuff over & over & over again. Occasionally, she talks about being Puerto Rican, she's much funnier when this is talked about.
  • the view has got to step up or shut down

the view is obviously out of touch and sink with connecting the dots.

I don't know why the view had to find brenda the republican that has

to talk about the know it all things that happened in the white house

when bush was president. who cares she is not the political spokesperson

for this talk show. Others on the show belong to a political party can they say

as a democrat, a green party etc. no. She often makes no since as in sense, sents what ever that means

rambling on. I always watched the view, it was what i enjoyed in the morning. Now it has lost it's bond

and allowing each to speak with knowledge and interesting things. I am sorry for the view, I seriously do not see it lasting much longer on tv. So many of us are disappointed and bored with it, it is difficult to watch with much enjoyment. I miss sherri who was fired. You can't keep trying so hard, or not trying hard enough? Just stop doing what you are doing and come back view I miss you.......
  • TheView Needs to Return to its Roots

I am growing increasingly concerned with what the producers are thinking about when it comes to the View. There are so many inane talk shows on the air currently, it would be refreshing if the View catered to the more informed and articulate viewer.

I truly believe that I am not the only person who doesn't care about the Kardashians or anything they are "doing", whether the sound heard on set was that of flatulence or a chair, whether someone's breasts has to be picked up and flung over the shoulder before they can sit or whatever other silliness is being discussed.

Whoopi is a terrible moderator. She discards comments from other panelists who don't share her view, she has not mastered the art of the "topic transition" or "throwing to a commercial". Yes, every now and again she says something profound, but that is a rarity. She also seems so uninformed about the topics and the guests.

Nicole---please ask the question to the guest and shut up and allow the guest to answer. Also, the viewing audience knows, because of your constant reminders, that you have a preschooler. I have four children, two of whom are preschoolers and two teenagers. You have not done something that millions of women all around the world have not already done for centuries. I do like your non hysterical republican responses when it comes to discussing politics. I am not republican, and it is refreshing to get your perspective.

Rosie P---please take voice lessons, it truly is irritating. Stop looking at your notes before you respond to a topic. It makes you appear unprepared and like what you are about to say isn't really your "voice".

Rosie O---will be missed because she was a true professional. She was enthusiastic about every guest who appeared, knew how to ask a relevant, well thought out question to that guest and waited for and actually listened to the answer. She was passionate about her views and her quips about her children were relatable to the masses.

The Guest Hosts---please stop! It is a constant barrage of one ridiculous person after another.

Go back to your roots! Politics, hot button issues of today like vaccinations, the struggles of raising kids and some good guests with a few laughs thrown in. If I wanted to hear all about Pop Culture, there are a plethora of others shows handling that nonsense. My dream panel would consist of Katie Couric or Hoda Kotb as the moderator, Star Jones (get over the whole wedding and weight loss stuff, we have all done something, the lady is highly intelligent and a great orator), Joy Behar (hilarious, love her grandmother stories and is very intelligent) Bill Rancic (intelligent male POV, unlike Mario Cantone and easy on the eyes) and keep Nicole (just give her some host coaching). If the View wants an intelligent young person, get Megan McCain.

It is not too late to save the View. Please bring class and intelligence back to daytime tv, there really are viewers who don't want the dumb downed talk shows that seem to be taking over.
  • topics

Here we go again whoopie has a little problem with white people,and this Rosie Perez she doesn't know what she is talking about,what a ignorant show!
  • The Whoopi Show

I have been watching the View since it started and have become very disappointed lately. It should now be called the Whoopi Goldberg show. Can anyone ever give their opinions without being interrupted by her? As though her's is the only opinion that is right? The wrong person left when Rosie O left. It should have been Whoopi. Rosie was such a good host when Whoopi was on medical leave. The show became interesting and informative again. And I LOVE that Nicole!!
  • Just cancel it

I use to love the political views and other informative talk but now that they have kept whoopi it has gone downhill. She isn't serious about anything nor is she funny. she needs to quit today. it's horrible
  • Rosie P please shut up

Please ask Rosie Perez to STFU. She interrupts and talks over everyone, including the guests who are trying to answer her question! No evidence of any thought nor intellect, immature opinions, and BY FAR the most annoying voice on television. She just keeps talking until the topic is changed and then she resurrects the dead horse to flog it a little more. She seems like she'd be a friendly (albeit dim-witted) neighbor, but I wouldn't invite her in my house to hear her opinions. Unfortunately, The View invited her into my home, and she has worn out her welcome.
  • Show SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this racist show is canceled soon. I guess the only guests that Whoopie has are of her same race. The Rosie you have left just has nothing intelligent to say. She is just a big mouth. One good thing is the other big mouth Rosie is gone. The only other nut case needs to go try to find a real job. We tried but since Mrs, Walters left the show has too.
  • The View OH MY

Hi I've been watching The View since the beginning. Before her hospitalization for her back Whoopi was solid, Intelligent, to the point and the person that grounded the conversation with her serious commentary.

Something is going on because she is goofy and sloppy. Is it medication that is the difference? Hopefully changes will be made so the conversations can be interesting and thought provoking like they once were.
  • The View BlahBlahBlah

Please get a new cast for the view. These ladies and the forum are so bad. All the giggles and loud mouths, they sound like a bunch of hens. I have been a dedicated fan since the beginning of the show, but now I find myself watching the Wendy Williams that is so sad.
  • The View

Tried to give it a chance again today but didn't make it 30 seconds for Nicole's obnoxious screaming , please network listen to your viewers, she really needs to go!

I have never written in to anything on the Internet but I just have to vent. I used to love this show but today I have finally tuned out for good. I can not stand Nichole Wallace's annoying voice and incessant giggling and interrupting and talking over everyone. She acts so clueless about things and it's embarrassing, I don't need to hear about her child any more. Wardrobe choices questionable as well. I want to hear real debate with INTELLIGENT conversation about today's important issues. There is never any real conversation, lots of screaming over each other and noise. Fluffy topics and completely boring. Someone fix this mess!!!
  • The View From Bad To Worst!

Woopie and her mouth and dress gets more obnoxious every day.

Nichole and her horrible laugh, insults every Republican with her suck ups to Whoopie! She also acts like a 12 yr. old.

Rosie P. I can't stand the sight of her because I'm afraid she will open her mouth! Does she have a speech problem or is just stupid? Did I mention her awful laugh?

Stacy London, just keep her away from Nichole, she is just as irritating, with a loud and big mouth.

Kelly Williams just stupid!

Whomever does your hiring really needs to sit and watch an hour of The View for punishment then be fired!! It just thought it was a joke when I tuned in with the new panel, after 2 yrs. I thought I was watching BET or the Comedy Hr. It should be cancelled immediately and the people that put it together should never be allowed to work in the industry again!
  • THE VIEW - BORING

The view is boring!!! No intelligent conversations, only fashion, kids and movies. Women are intelligent enough to discuss real issues. Bring back those lawyers, newscasters and intelligent women who could and did give opposing views to whoopee, they let their views be heard. And tone Whoopie down and let her know her opinion isn't the only valid one. Of course it doesn't matter if there is no discussion. Used to be my go to morning talk show, it is soooo boring on less some real changes are made it won't make my watch list any more. I'd give this a 0 rating if it was possible.
  • The view

I loved how whoopi opened up more with the new season. Im not into hearing about gross pers stuff or jokes about pot. I like the informative stuff on it tho. Cause the jokes make it more like the high school problems that exist with pot. I think Nicole is refreshing with some political views but seems over giddy n over laughs or talks on people . Her views , she looks at whoopi most of the time as if to get approval from her. Rosie p is a sweet heart , seems real n honest n not afraid to have her view.

Rosie O , I was so impressed with how she came back on the screen , toning herself down. She looked so respectful . But you could see CLEARLY that she wanted to express more views n felt she better not. Well if there's legal reasons I get that but to feel uncomfortable isn't right. I don't think one person should have the final view n make all think there's is wrong . I would love to hear more of Rosie O's calm opinions but I won't now . I was so excited to watch every day and don't think I want to anymore .

I thought that was a great fit this time and sorry you all couldn't make it work .
  • To much

Whoopi was glad to see Rosie O leave because she was afraid she would take her spot. Which would have been great. I miss Joy have started WATCHING the Court show.

• Boring, BORING BOOOOOOOORING!!! Bad BAD BAAAAD!

I tried, i really did. But i give up. What demographic are these past their prime (ex)Catholics trying to appeal to??? What happens when you put a Black, a Republican, a Latino and a Lesbian together? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! The View used to be my 'go to' morning wake up, but now i keep dozing off. ' The Talk' is OK... just that, but the hosts have become totally predictable.. My suggestion? if you want a really lively, controversial show with stylish, opinionated young women, dealing with over the top topics, try 'The Social' if you can... yeah, i know, it's Canadian, but it it really POPS!
  • the view.....

cant STAND her guess there's nothing you can do for that. .. fingernails on a
  • Whoopie should go!!

I agree with the comments that say Whoopie has been the does not mean she gets the last word on every topic nor that her "view" counts more than anyone else's. The week (s) she was gone, Rosie O. did a great job of proving that point and calmly and politely moderated the show. I was impressed with her and sad when Whoopie returned. I DVR it and when Whoopie is talking or taking over , I fast forward and/or delete. If the show cannot be improved, put a fork in it, it is DONE!!
  • bye bye rosie perez

time for rosie perez to leave the show also.
  • MY VIEW

I'm not surprised Rosie is leaving - in fact I was going to write the other day saying you can see Rosie is not able to be herself on The View. This is not the View anymore it's about the Republican's with Nicole Wallace yakking away constantly about it which is a turn off and it's making me as uncomfortable as you could see Rosie is. Of course they wanted her to blow up, they kept pushing and Rosie is too nice a person to be subjected to this. The show mainly was all about Nicole's reviews. You should let her go or get someone that will shut her up.
  • She's baaaaackkk: What were they thinking??!!

I have always loved watching "The View"---Until Rosie O'Donnell joined the show. She is rude, crass, self-centered, and disrespectful, and only brings the show DOWN!! After the way she treated Barbara Walters, I'm stunned the show WOULD bring her back!! What a show of disrespect to Ms Walters, and what poor judgement on the part of those who re-hired her! I would bet that Rosie will screw up all, a zebra can't change the color of it's stripes, and neither can Rosie!!
  • Thank you!

I have always enjoyed this show except Elizabeth H. (Quit watching because of her) but I love it once again now that Eliz. is gone & Rosie O. is back where she belongs.
  • Difference of political views

I watch the show every day and love the views. I love woopi but don't understand why Nicole Wallace can be so open and willing and nice. But whoopi seems to not be as nice and open to her. Or validating her views. Nicole Wallace is a great addition to this show and even though I'm a democrat, but I'm open to what she has to say. This is the view show and not one view is necessarily better than the other one 100% of the time. Let's embrace Nicole and move forward with all of our views. Love and happy valentines to all you beautiful ladies
  • Whoopi dragging it down

The View was so fun and easy to watch without Whoopi. She's become a too long-winded know-it-all (but inaccurate) with tiring windbag, stoner opinions and comments that suck all the energy and fun out of an otherwise fun and interesting talk show. I'm glad she's feeling better but frankly, it's too bad she's back. Whoopi's opinions and comments are not only often wrong but also unhealthy and often more mean spirited then even my comments here!

I wish Rosie O and Rosie P would spar more with Nicole Wallace, that'd be fun except Rosie O seems to mostly just ignore Nicole, who even though I don't agree with 75% of what she says politically, she's always clear and well spoken and seems to always allow room for debate, unlike Whoopi and also Rosie O.

But no can't watch the View anymore now because clearly Whoopi will never shut up.

"What we must recognize is that we exult in some of our defects. Self-righteous anger can be very enjoyable. In a perverse way we can actually take satisfaction from the fact that many people annoy us; it brings a comfortable feeling of Bill W
  • on comments made by whoopi

I was very shocked when whoopi made this said it afends her when she sees people praying in in I remember I time before u got big and famous that you gave the glory to when u get money and famous and start acting like u dont need Him anymore I wonder what he will say to you when you are in His house........
ABC