Weekdays 11:00 AM on ABC Premiered Aug 11, 1997 In Season

thefanof

The View Fan Reviews (763)

5.2
  • Someone at ABC screwed up

I used to tape The View everyday. I did not watch it when Rosie was on the first time because I cannot stand her. So when she left I started to watch again. Loved all the hosts. Now not only does Rosie come back by Rosie Perez and that voice. OMG. The other poor lady (don't even know her name) where does she even fit in with a group like that? I love Whoopi and miss her. Was not a smart move with all the cohost they could have had. Everyone that was sitting in when Barbara left could have done better then the two that they chose. Well sorry to say "Goodbye" until either the table changes if the show even makes it now.
  • New Cast

This show has officially hit the skids. I just can't deal with Rosie O'Donnell's loud mouth & Whoopi's shtick is just old.
  • New cast of the view

2.5
    The new cast on the view are gonna hurt ratings. They do not mesh with Whoopi. Help
  • NO MORE ROSIE O! !

Yes, Barbara W. and Bill Geddy made a bad choice in bringing that person back on The View. She is loud and obnoxious! I have switched channels as of 9/15. And I don't expect to go back until she's gone. And Whoopi? Well she's another liberal that I can't stomach BUT she reacts differently then Rosie O. I would really like to punch Rosie right smack across the face. X-D
  • new cast

Please no more Rosie O'Donnell. Enough already. I think the other three can go on to make for an interesting program. BUT NOT with RO. I won't be watching unless that changes. I for one really do like to hear other opinions.
  • Grow up Rosie

I have loved the View since it first went on the air. Hated it when they hired Rosie the first time. She is a loud mouth with NO CLASS. She yells and is disrespectful to the other hosts and even guest. Now that she is back I hate it even more. Whoopie is trying to make the show be professional and just drags it down with her far left approach to everything. She is so liberal that she can't see the forest, or maybe doesn't want to see anything in a different light. For many years I have been a loyal fan and loved the show very much, but now I am finding myself watching it less because of . I may stop miss Whoopie and her great way of hosting ans the joy she brought me through the years
  • The View Ratings - week 2 and beyond

How did "The View" do in its second week? So funny that and other media outlets seem shocked by the OBVIOUS 1st week surge. Everyone wants to see the train wreck. But the real story is how it holds up or fades in the coming weeks. REPORT don't just mindlessly FOLLOW ABC's PR spin!
  • No Room With A (or The) View

I used to love The View and watched every day. If I couldn't be home, it was recorded. When they hired Rosie O the first time, I recorded the show daily but would fast forward thru anything she was ranting about. I was sooo glad when they got rid of her. I thought at first they had made a mistake with Whoopie, but I found her entertaining and knowledgeable about things. I did annoyed when she introduced EVERYONE as fabulous. Com'on Whoopie, you know not everyone is fabulous!

But now, I DO NOT LIKE the new version. The set is way to bright, like they are sitting in a light box. Rosie O is still the big mouth flaming liberal she always was... still blames Bush... still hates Sarah making fun of (bullying) Donald Trump. Rosie P is trying sooo hard to fit, I feel really sorry for her, she other wise seems like a sweet lady. The one lonely conservative on there ... I can't even remember her name ... seems at times she is afraid to jump in the conversation.

I wish they would have a more balanced show, how about 2 liberals and 2 conservatives, so that maybe, just maybe the Viewer could actually see some "views", not just extreme left-wing BS. Sarah Palin, for one would be an EXCELLENT choice and Megan McCain would also be an EXCELLENT choice.

But for now, I am saying Goodbye to The View.
  • for give it a chance and all you like its

Look I have watched the View over the years and yes although at times they were annoying with different hosts they were still respectable. The only thing I have seen on this is the first chance they get is to blame Bush for Obamas problems and refuse to complain about the exact same things that obama is now doing that Bush did, if not worse, and will never admit his faults. They are more involved about what sarah Palin or Mitt Romney did: get over it that was six and two years ago. For crying out loud they use to talk about substansive items but now lets keep hush hush. That is why the Talk is better. They understand their limits and do just discuss mundane things and not items that they really do not have the experience because it is not their forte. RO AND RO are not honest or relevant. And rosie O'donnell needs to grow up to complain about Trump about him being a bully when she has been the biggest bully; this show is circling the toilet. Wallace I thought I was going to like her but she is horrible for suppose to be the voice of reason. If you want a really good show to watch try outnumbered on Fox news channel at 12 they are extremely interesting raising up on many subjects and talk honestly and intelligently. I go to them for world events and the Talk for Hollywood and lighthearted items it is a great mix. And yes on Fox program they have independents and liberals on the show Kristin Powers is a regular and although I think she is wrong, on this show she expresses her opinions and have started to become a fan of hers.
  • THE NEW "INVISIBLE" VIEW UNSEEN ON THE HORIZON

Have watched show since 1997 inception. There have been some bumpy seasons, especially the last 3 - 4 years when I tuned out and in. The new 2014 season? Although the jury's still out? Look as if it may be Dead On arrival. I have watched everyday since the restructuring, new co-hosting cast, new set etc. Zzzzz. I appreciate Rosie O'Donnell I truly do? Yet that old saying "sometimes it's not good always good to go back In this instance is so very true! The new set? TOO BRIGHT! It's Like a Tinker Tonker Toy romper room preschool set! Too busy! True the audience is seen better, yet that's not the point of this show! Where the heck is the table by the way? Whoopi Goldberg is the only saving grace currently and excellent as "LEAD" Host as long as Rosie O'D allows her to do the job without incessant interference and competitive subliminal attention grabbing antic attempts. It's so apparent she feels she needs to be in the driver's seat and she doesn't. I love her, and I get her? Just NOT on The View. Rosie O'D appears to be desperately seeking attention by trying too hard to be controversial currently. It's not working. Her persona is coming off as annoying, boring, slightly egotistical, and restless like a cagey panther whom hasn't a clue. It's The View and not Rosie O'Donnell's View. Chill out Rosie. Freeze on The Frozen okay? Be a team player and just say what's on your mind and in your heart. I was hoping The View would have really shaken things up and added some male co host to the banter if they were looking to do something they haven't already done and be ahead of the pack. For example someone such as CNN'S Don Lemon could have easily hit a home run. Hey? I mean He's easy on the eye, not to mention a seasoned professional commentator, journalist, intelligent, with a controversial edge, and a Gay Black male, the whole enchilada raped up in one package! He'd have been my pick over Rosie O'Donnell. i'm liking the chatter over at the table where they're doing all "The Talk" these days. I suggest bring back Bill Getty, get rid of the romper set, bring back on the serious banter, and full celebrity interactions with the couch, and the table! Rotate some of those co host (some men with a point of view too) Like a Don lemon [HINT!!! Hint! $] while you're at, and Rosie O'Donnell start a daytime TV show for kids (not an insult) you'd be great at it! By the way? I'm not a Don lemon stalker? I have just seen him on varied talk shows from Wendy to The View and they've been just really great shows with all the fun, candor, and mix up of great conversations.
  • The closed minded opinion of the view

I used to watch this show all the time but have stopped when it became nothing but liberals sitting there bashing anyone with a different view. Funny thing I used to be a huge whoopi more yuck can't stand her and her nasty comments. I loved Rosie also well until she was stupid with Tom selleck and now she is nothing but a stupid loud mouth liberal the things that comes out of her mouth is insanely dumb. I hope this show is removed from the tv even hate seeing stupid clips on Facebook, I try not to watch but just glancing at the pictures irritate me. I am a very open minded person I don't chose my friends by what they believe in politically or even judge people by their religious beliefs or sexual preference but these people on this show do nothing except judge people (if your a damn democrat they won't. Say crap about you) I thought the whole Sarah palin convo was nothing but bullshit why don't you pick on some other people Sarah had more class than any of you ever will!
  • Like it

I'm enjoying The View. Why do you have to be so rude in your comments. Give them a chance people!
  • Give it a chance

Reading some comments and people recommending The Talk instead of The View. No, no, no, please! The Talk does nothing but discuss brainless celebrity nonsense. On the new View, at least they're including some substantive discussion about things that matter. As for the perceived lack of camaraderie, give it time. These are basically four women who didn't know each other before. Even Rosie and Whoopie only knew one another casually. So it will take time for that to develop, just as it does with any situation where people are just getting to know one another. The first few days were very awkward, but each passing day I can see the show and the relationships developing. I just pray the producers don't go back to spending the hour talking about Kim Kardashian and other idiot nonsense.
  • Casting call

As many of the respondents, I have watched The View from the beginning, mainly because of Barbara Walters. With that said, all previous co-hosts were interesting and entertaining, even if they did not gel with others; I think everyone had a favorite or two. Not this time. I'm not sure who at Disney made the current choices but they are painful to watch. Although I am trying, I don't know if I can continue.

Previous comments:

1 - Whoopie always has to be right!

2 - Nicolle interrupts which sometimes made the old View annoying but interesting.

3 - Rosie O - a has-been who people are afraid to criticize.

4 - Rosie P - might be able to fit in as an alternative if the rest of the cast were better.

5 - The SET - OMG; needed to have a homey look and it looks like a K-Mart display. It may have even helped the cast if they kept the previous set. Why tamper with a successful format?

Bottom line: NO CAMARADERIE!

Bring back Joy and/or Spencer would be was also a female attorney (criminal I think) who was often on and fascinating (name escapes me) OR a daily male co-host.

If you need suggestions on how a show should look, watch The Talk. They seem to care about each other but of course, they are in the acting profession of some sort. The most impressive fact is that each of the co-hosts gives their opinion on a subject with respect from the others by not interrupting!

PLEASE listen to the Viewers before you lose your audience.
  • Fire O'Donnell

The show isn't working and the problem is Rosie O'Donnell. It took all of one week for her uncomfortable nervousness to turn into her all too familiar left winged extreme paranoia, anger, and just plain weirdness. I get the sense that something is going on behind the scenes; like either she wasn't told that she'd taking a FOURTH seat to the others, or that she feel the deck is stacked against her or something; but the clear disdain the other three has for her (especially Perez) is infectious. Surprisingly, the repoire' between Whoopi and new resident Conservative Nicolle in particular, appears genuine. I predict O'Donnell is gone by Spring (if not sooner).
  • Shocking Ratings for First Week

After reading many of the spot-on incisive negative comments (most of which I agree with) I was absolutely shocked to read how good the ratings were for the first week.

It's like we are living in parallel universes.

Headline:

"Season 18 Premiere Week of The View Soars to 3-Year High in Total Viewers, Ranking as the Week's #1 Broadcast Talk Show and Up by Double Digits Season to Season"

As a newbie I was not aware that not unlike YouTube, adding links to your comment is apparently not allowed.

So perhaps using Google to search on

"Season 18 Premiere Week of The View Soars to 3-Year High"

will work.
  • What were you thinking ABC

This is NOT The View that I waited to see every morning. You guys have taken what used to be a fun, comical and wonderful cast and turned it into a boring news debate kind of show. No chemistry with the new cast, boring hot topics and even the guest aren't all that great. Bad job ABC. I won't be watching anymore. Please don't change Kelly and Michael. At least we have them to wake us up and laugh our way into a good mood kind of day. Thumbs down for the "New" view!
  • The Rear View!

I had not watched The View in a while until this morning and I realized I didn't miss much. The show is totally flat, zero chemistry. The hosts look like they're lost while faking mini arguments trying to make it more interesting, but it's not working at all. You must feel you're in hell Whoopi. It's so bad, it makes me miss the Hasselbeck days! And the set... It might as well be in a Walmart, 'cause it's exactly what it looks like - Aisle 10, shoe department! I can't believe they couldn't find three "interesting enough" women in the . to fill The View. Casting director, you're fired! You should look at the Canadian version of the View called "The Social". Now, those four women really got it together and their show is totally entertaining and funny.
  • A Horrible View

I have watched The View since the very beginning, and this is without question the worst season ever. The set is horrible and not at all representative of a show that has been on the air for as many years as it has. And most importantly, the dynamic amongst the ladies is totally off. There is no chemistry between them at all and everyone, with the exception of Whoopi, seems guarded and uncertain. Even Rosie O'Donnell, who I used to enjoy, on her first run of The View, seems to have changed for the worse. She's not as outspoken as before, talks way too much about her kids, and behaves as if she doesn't want to ruffle Whoopi's feathers. She's bringing nothing to the show. And although I always liked Whoopi, she is not receptive to anyone's opinion but her own and tries to force her opinion on her co-hosts, whom obviously disagree with her most of the time. Rosie Perez's voice and accent make her ill-suited to be a talk show panelist and the other co-host Nicole (can't recall her last name) is a total snooze.

Hot Topics is now cold, and I'll be taking a little time away from The View.
  • I tried, I tried, I tried.

I've been watching The View for about 7 or 8 years and have always loved it. But today is my last day watching. For the exception of Whoopi and maybe Rosie O the whole cast needs to fired. Rosie O maybe able to find her footing if she didn't have them two lumps next to her. I think they are so afraid of getting in an heated exchange because Nicolle would run off the set. She act like she's afraid to say anything. I loved Rosie P the actor but this isn't the set for her. She's to easily persuaded from her initial statement. CANCEL IT.
  • WHAT HAPPENED TO CHANNEL 7???

Wow - what a mess. Between changes at GMA and at The View both programs are disappointing - The View much more so than GMA. Whoppee is the only one left who has any presence and the new set is absolutely horrible - very cold and cheap looking. Between changes on GMA and The View it looks like Channel 7 is having problems. I am starting to watch HGTV instead of The View, and The Today show rather than GMA. It is heartbreaking as I have been a loyal Channel 7 viewer - in the past it was not difficult - but now it is really disappointing. They need to move Lara Spencer to The View and Sara Haynes to GMA and maybe Dan Harris for another male presence on GMA - as wonderful as Michael Strahan is, he does not have the diction to be on a news program. Who else for The View - I don't know - maybe Barbara Walters can make some suggestions. They certainly need it.
  • Get rid of Rosie Perez

I can't stand Rosie P she has opinion on raising a child which she's never did and always have something to say. I wish that they get better
  • The view

I think the view is horrible! I have watched since season one. I have hung in there through all the different hosts. But this is it for me the show is bombing!
  • The View took a big dive

I have watched since the first episode but have deleted it from my DVR cue after the first episode this season. It is absolutely terrible! I am so tired of the politics and Rosie O'Donnel has not found legitimate work for the past several years for a reason. Really--playing with her feet on national TV? Disgusting! I turned it off and will never watch it again. You guys really blew it this time.
  • The View

4.5
    I have been a fan of The View for the pass 18 seasons, yesterday I visited the new set. I felt that the budget has been cut, the set liked to me like Targets home display. It was cheap looking,and what's up with the plastic or silk plants. The table is so little, good for a pre- k setting. The women seems to be too scripted as well. I know we have change but everyone seems to be disconnected and out of place.

Let the women be themselves ...
  • Horrible show

I have been a watcher of "The View For 10 years +, I even went to NYC and saw a live taping. But this new season is really bad. I have tried to watch but find myself changing the channel. Rosie was bad before... She makes the show so uncomfortable. You never know if she is going to flip-out again.

I Hate the new hosts, I have never heard of them and their opinions are ignorant. I love Whoppi. she is level headed and doesn't belong with this group... If I hear another Gay/ lesbian comment by Rosie, on EVERY subject.... Is this show her soapbox? I'm not watching any more....
  • view dud

The new view is crashing and burning. The new red head is killing the whole vibe of the show. Where the heck did they find her? Sorry I will not be viewing the view anymore.
  • I have been a faithful watcher of the view...

I have ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE TO WATCH THE VIEW ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i HAVE TAKEN THE NEW VIEW OUT OF MY RECORDINGS ON Direct TV playlist . This show sucks !!!!!! It was bad enough before with Sherry's loud mouth !!!!!!!!
  • Worst season in history.

What happened?!?!? This is garbage! I couldn't get past the first 15 minutes of the start of the season. Rosie O'??? Yuck! Bring back Jennie and Sherri, hell I rather listen to Elizabeth whine that this group of idiots. Sounds like a bunch of dying cats. Ugh hope next season is a better cast, you guys really did it this time.
  • Nicole & her interrupting

I want to really love The View. I am really trying But Nicole Wallace hurts my ears. She constantly interrupts, ruins the punchlines to other host's jokes and doesn't let guests finish their point. Today the interview with Lara Spencer was ridiculous. It almost made my ears bleed. If this continues, I won't be able to continue watching even though I LOVE Rosie O'Donnell! More R O'D, much less Nicole. Please tell her to stop interrupting, I'm begging you.

NEW