The View

Weekdays 11:00 AM on ABC Premiered Aug 11, 1997 In Season

thefanof

The View Fan Reviews (1432)

4.5
  • Sure miss the original version of the View!

Apparently Barbara Walters' premise for the View has been discarded and replaced with a bunch of "mean girls"shoving their opinions down everyone's throat! Where is the balance? Threre seems to be only one "VIEW" represented! Where's the diversity? It's like watching a debate with only one debate team on the stage! What used to be a show I looked forward to watching has turned into one that literally has me shouting at the tv!! ABC, please throw this bunch of annoying know it all women out and come back in the fall with a revamped "View". One that everyone can enjoy.
  • Ax Paula Now

Paula is a hypocrite. She always wants to call the other ladies on their political party affiliation while trying not identifying hers. We know she is a bible thumping tea party republican who believes in double standards. Now that trump is getting some push back on his negative comments this chick tries to hide her approval of it. She stated all the other candidates should say nothing while she supports trump inciting raids at his rallies. I want one of the ladies to call her out on her bull crap.. Please get rid of this hypocrite.
  • Disturbed beyond Belief

4.5
    As much as I dislike Joy and her views on everything I would rather her moderate than Whoopie. At least Joy lets everyone talk without being a total b#@$% about it. and shelleyep65 you should probably look at the rest of the comments on this sight you a completely out numbered in your opinion in this forum. You need to find the I love Whoopie/Joy love letter sight.

I
  • The View

Tell thise 2 Republican "women" that they cn go straight 2 hell!!! Secretary Clinton should not b blamed 4 the things that President Obama failedb2 follow up on. If they're so stinking smart they should kno this. Liberia failed bcuz Obama wouldnt send the necessary support.
  • Wtfever!!

First off you down there that doesn't like the one person on that panel thats different(Jedidiah), obviously likes the one and only view on that show.

Second,stfu Sunny,stop calling people out. Hillary is gonna get 10 million more jobs for illegal immigrants not Americans.

Third what 20 million ppl do you think have benefitted from Obamacare? The same ones that get everything for free anyway.

Fourth thank you Paula for asking the exact question ive been wondering,JOY...

Why pick apart Donalds and not Hillary's speech. You guys are hypocrites. Straight up.... Jedidiah has balls to be the only one on that panel to stand up to these idiots..

Good for her.
  • Change the name to DNC View

Does the DMV own the View? This is totally boring and I have no idea why anyone thinks these comedians have a better understanding of politics than we do. Anyone remotely conservative or heaven forbid Christian is cut to ribbons. Certainly not an exchange of ideas. It's browbeating everyone with one opinion.
  • Please Cancel this show.. this is not the View. It's totally one-sided

I have been watching this show for yeas and years and totally disgusted with how its run now. It is absolutely, NOT the view. It's only 1 view, and its ONLY democrat and hateful speech against Trump. Where is the balance? If anyone speaks against Joy and Whoppi, they basically get their head cut off, interrupted or Whoopi bangs her head on the table. This is so far politically biased and doesn't allow for anyones view but those 2 bullies. I can't stand to watch this show anymore and if it comes, on - I just get disappointed how bad its gotten. If everyone was bashing Hillary day after day after day - would it still be on the air? Double standard for sure! And stop making excuses for Hillary's offenses (major criminal) and then amping up Trumps issues. Please take this off the air and get a new show that is positive and represents the ENTIRE USA not just the bullies. Please!
  • Being funny vs. being insensitive

Joy went over the line when she brought up Jedediah's dating a college Professor, while they were discussing whether a teacher at a school (not a college) dating a student, should be dismissed. That was very personal and private information and was embarrassing for Jedediah (who handled it beautifully). Joy, because you're a comic, you can get away with saying a lot under the guise of being funny. That doesn't give you the right to be hurtful or to discuss a friend's private life without permission, first. Or, maybe she's not a friend and I'm all wrong. If so, I'm sorry, but you still went over the line.
  • Lose Bila!

I've been a long-time viewer of The View, through many changes in talent. I cannot stand Ms. Bila. It's not her conservative views, it's her ignorance and aggressive delivery that make me now mute her whenever she speaks. It's that, or shut off the program.

GET RID OF HER. She isn't the conservative voice The View needs.
  • THE DEMOCRATIC View

This used to be one of my favorite daytime talk shows. Hosts like Barbara, Elizabeth, Star, Meredith, Sherri, Lisa and Rosie made for an informative show worth watching. Whoopie and Joy should just start their own show since they do not let any of the other co-hosts hardly even speak. Jedediah (don't know much about her because I hardly watch the show anymore) is lucky if she can get one word in, between the other hosts. Whoopie rudely cut her off the other day and went to commercial as soon as Jedediah was going to disagree with her opinions. Jedediah, go find another job with ladies that would respect you, you are to young to learn from these rude, bullying and one-sided ladies. I thought it was called The View for a reason, Oh it's Whoopie and Joy's VIEW. I'll never watch this show again!!!!! By the way, my health insurance went up, a lot, since I decided to change careers and go into the home & health care field to help the elderly. I took a large cut in pay to do something that I felt would help others and make me feel good for my contribution. What happened? Our government told me that according to my new income, I don't qualify for help from the government, for my health insurance because I make to little? Maybe because I'm a 52 year old white woman. Whoopie, stop playing the race card.
  • Hateful angry bitches does anyone really watch anymore??

Not only did I stop watching I change the channel. I used to keep it on while doing morning things around the house. I refuse to have this awful show on in my home. The noise of it is like a hen house. Needless to say I used to love this show. I have been watching so long I remember when the Clintons were the butt of Joy's jokes on a daily basis. She is a hypocritical nasty shrew. The different views were interesting and entertaining. Now there is one view.. Joy and Whoopi are so hateful and angry. I know they don't care what people say or think of their view because they have said as much. Someone should care ie: the sponsors and Disney if people are turning them off as it appears I am not alone. I can't believe what this show has turned into mean old women spewing hate. Joy and Whoopi are so mean to Paula and Candace and anyone else who doesn't share their hatred. Shame on you for being part of the problem and Disney for keeping this crap show on TV. I know the producers of the show always liked sparks to fly for interest and entertainment thinking people will tune in to see whats going to happen.. however days were long ago it has gone awry and is now unwatchable.
  • Where is Paula Faris

I certainly hope that Paula is busy with DNC coverage and not fired as some reports state. She is the only SANE, civil and informed member of the remaining cast of CRAZY, rude and uninformed panel. It will be a HUGE mistake to take her off the show. Whoopi hates her because Paula is so confident and not impressed by Whoopi's angry rants and raves.
  • Stop the contradiction

I have watch the view for years and enjoyed hearing different opinions which were at least fair. Lately,the cast makes a bigger deal of republican mistakes and ignores the mistakes made by democrats. This tactic has only made me stop watching the show.
  • The Joy and Whoopi View

So tired of Whoopi and Joy screeching and thinking being louder and interrupting more makes them right! I thought the concept of the show was opinions from ALL sides. I don't know how Candace, Paula and Jedediah put up with this abuse day after day. I long for the days of Meredith or Barbara in the moderator chair! My favorite show was recently when Joy, Sunny and eye rolling Raven were off and Whoopi was left with the young panel so we could actually have a balanced show.
  • Thank goodness for days off!

The View was so different for the past 2 days without those two angry, rigid, rude cast members who only want to spew their own antiquated beliefs and ram them down younger people's throats. Get rid of them and keep the others who are like a breath of fresh air! It is time for some change.

Funny how both their names are synonymous with the word FUN=(JOY and WHOOPIE), yet they come across like 2 miserable, hateful, crabby, washed-up women. PLEASE Go Away and Don't Come Back!!!
  • Perfect title for imperfect show

At least the show's title says truth "The View"! There is only one view allowed. The Whoopi/Joy View. The liberal view. THE VIEW. No other views, opinions or discussions allowed. That's why I no longer view!
  • Racist & 1 sided -

This show is terrible! Whoppie at every chance makes everything about RACE and no one can get a word in. They talk about the little man, well the little man gets everything from the government which in turn gets it from the working middle class that struggles to support their family!! Being a school teacher in a abbott district, not making much and husband travels to support us. We have made sacrifices and planned our family accordingly to be able to support our children. Thanks to ALL the government FREEBEES that my husband and I contribute to we are barely supporting our own! So who really is the little man?? Capitalism, you reap what you sow. We instill in our children to do well in school, work hard, get good grades = good college = good job = nice life, well, not anymore! If everyone is to be equal start in elementary school and give class grades not individual grades . You ladies make millions, how about contributing % of your paycheck to support those of us needing to pay college tuition??? Put your money where your mouth is. I haven't watched the show in a long time, today unfortunately, I flipped for a brief second, still same terrible show with racist Whoopie & 1 sided Joy. When will this show be cancelled??
  • It's getting old...

Every time I turn on The View (aka: Whoopi's View) and whether I can stand to watch an entire episode or just turn it on for a few minutes, all I hear is Whoopi and the topic is usually about race. It doesn't seem to matter what the subject is (movies, tv shows, actors, headline news, politics) she ALWAYS finds a reason/way to mention/separate black people. One morning they were discussing The Bachlorette & she mentioned black people. It's beyond tiring. I'm pretty sure there have been a lot of white people that helped Whoopi get to where she is today but, let's not talk about that. I'm also pretty sure slavery ended at least 150yrs ago but, we should absolutely continue to live in the past. I'm done watching The View of Whoopi. I now only turn it on and count the seconds it takes for the word "black" to come out of her mouth.
  • Dump Jedidiah!

That Jedidiah woman is so annoying! Did she used to be a man? Jedidiah is a male Jewish name!
  • Same Stuff

Move on ladies. Y'all are like a broken record. Joy and Whoopie act like nobody can solve the problem better then themselves. Tired of this show, very discriminatory. Who do they think they are.
  • Cant wait till the election is over so they can move on.

These ladies are getting unbearably annoying.

First of all id love to inform you on one of the things your man, Obama has done. The only people that benefit from Obamacare are getting everything else they can from the government, anyway.

If you have a job where your making 1200$ a mth,you cannot afford to get the must have insurance that doesn't cover shit,unless you go without alot in your life. Itd be great if i could get ,oh i dunno, foodstamps to help me afford your bullshit. Nope, can't get them either. If you work you should not have to scrap by because our President is helping the ppl that take advantage of the system in everyway they can and living off the government eating way better than most of us that buy our food,and drive brand new EXPENSIVE cars,free housing ,free daycare, free education,free heathcare. This angers me to no end and you stupid women on the panel that think Obama has done wonderful things switch places with me for a mth. He has made my life muuuccchh harder. If you do not get Obamacare you have too pay very hefty fines ,so either way he has got some of us working class helping him with his deficit reguardless.

Cant get blood from a turnip but they can make your life hell and full of worry. I actually had bc/bs before Obama made this stupid law and my payments doubled for less coverage, WHAT MAKES SENSE ABOUT THAT??

I would vote for Charlie Sheen if he said he would get rid of Obamacare( mmmmm maybe not but you get the jest).

Next annoying thing is Whoopi's way of thinking she is the all knowing Wizard Of Oz... she doesn't know as much as ppl give her credit for and is wrong in my opinion most of the time, she is very racist and she sits there judging and arguing with all the other, WHITE, ladies and some of the time ends up saying the exact same thing they were saying after she has argued herself confused,cause she cannot take the mature road and pretend to agree with the ladies she doesn't like(and its obvious whom they are).

Raven is a joke,she is nasty to all the other women(except whoopi),and unfortunately is a walking eyerolling,petty,childish,spoiled,stereotype. You cant say we are all the same if we act soooo very different as a whole. Umm raven if your "Black American" instead of African American and White people are "European Americans" in your eyes. Isnt that the pot calling the kettle the kettle black (no pun).

Raven is only there because of Autie Whoppi,and Whoopi is only there cause she knows alot of ppl,that probably wouldn't come on anymore. Oh and contracts....

But to me the show needs a complete overhaul,change everything about it cause at this point ive seen The Whop and Joy View for way too many episodes.

No one likes to watch the Same people saying the same things every single time they hear them speak,theres a great and very unwell word for that and it is Obsession.

Not a good thing to have,cause if Hillary wins,what in gods name will you have left in life to talk about??

• Opinion

The ladies have the right to back any presidential candidate they choose. The problem is the constant backing of crooked and lying Hillary is getting old. It's time to keep your opinions to yourselves on political issues. We see enough ads trying to influence us. Get a life.
  • Maybe put a man on the panel

Im aware that an all women panel is what they have always done, but doesn't seem to be working and the only time these ladies don't show their asses is when a man is guest hosting. Most of the hosts are so unrelatable anyway,why not throw a man up there fulltime.

Im glad we are seeing less of Raven hope that's gonna stick. She needs to wear a damn Burka from now on every single time Jedidiah or Paula (if Jedidiah isn't there) speak she rolls her eyes frowns,says stuff under here breath,sighs,has a constant bitch face,buuttt when said people that are talking look at her she throws that fake smile on in a second. She is just toxic,negative and i hate to say it im so glad she isnt representing anything i stand for. If, i were a member of the LGBT community id tell her to STFU cause your voice is not helping us at all,being a face for a certain cause takes qualities you do not possess.

Whoppi really isnt much better she throws a fit like a freaking toddler that hates the food its being feed,if they switch topics from Politics to pop culture and acts like it beneath her. Raven and Whoppi you both are actors, soooo act like you are on a show that has a panel of women whom you my not agree with and act like your not gonna steal their lunch money when the camera stops rolling.

I too think ive had enough of this shitshow. Ironically that you guys are everything you say about Trump.

I consider myself liberal and often times wonder how much you guys are actually helping Donald to win,by your constant blather and ignorant statements,you guys are suppose to be impressionable,but out of shear annoyance are hurting your cause as well.

I like Paula and Candace,eventhough i don't have their same beliefs, they know how to debate the right way. Sunny is annoying,joy cant stand to hear her voice anymore,and Jedidiah is alright,she stands her ground even if the whole playground is picking on her.
  • Horrible show!

It's really getting on my nerves ! These ladies are just disgusting ! Can't stand them! Specially when they talk about something they have no idea about... So so stupid! I just switch chanal any time it starts . And I can say the same about abc7 in general , I used to love the news , but now I can't watch it anymore , because its just a propaganda
  • Where is the balance?

I really hope someone is reading my comment that can make a difference. I love the concept of The View, however I wish there was more balance. They never let Paula finish a sentence. I might not always agree with her either, but she has a pretty good background in journalism and deserves to speak without being cut off all the time. I don't think she ever finishes a complete thought. I believe Whoppi is very well-rounded about the hot topics, but she dominates the conversation with her opinion all the time. She always says that the show is called The View for a reason, however she never lets the others really get their view in UNLESS they agree with her. I thought the point of this season was to have a variety of ages and backgrounds on the panel to express each of their unique views. The audience then gets to decide which view we agree or disagree with. We can't do that if everyone on the panel does not get to express themselves completely. I hope the executives can take this constructive criticism and let the viewers hear everyone on the panel without interruptions. Thank You!
  • Hypocritical cast and racist show

Joy and Whoopi campaign for Hillary on every show. Vote Trump!

Joy said that Pense is incompetent because he doesn't believe in global warming. Yet, she thinks that Hillary is competent after her big mistake concerning Bengazi where 4 Americans died, and she lied about it blaming it on a video after she told her daughter it was a terrorist attack, and how she used her private email server. and she mishandled classified information in a grossly negligent or intentional way. And of course she told many lies concerning her private email server. Really Joy! What a hypocrite you are.

A few weeks ago, Whoopi mocked and laughed at the Bengazi dilemma and Joy laughed too. Are they that heartless to disregard that 4 Americans were unnecessarily killed because Hillary did not do her job. Another time Whoopi got volatile and aggressive as she said that Hillary should not continue to be questioned about Bengazi. The cast also never brings up the issue that Hillary and Obama lied and blamed the Bengazi tragedy on a video.

Joy made such a big deal in June about how Trump had only 1.3 million in donations. She didn't even know that he just started taking donations. Even Sunny had to tell her that he has used his own money. Joy is dumber than i thought. She lies and makes up stuff about Trump, to promote Hillary..

Whoopi is such a liar. I don't believe anything she says. Many times she has said that she doesn't take

phone calls in the evening, and she turns her phone off Then when talking about Trump, AGAIN, she said that she gets phone calls in the middle of the night from people in Europe asking her if she needs to move. Paula asked her if people should know better than to call her in the middle of the night, and Whoopi said it's not a problem.

It was great on an earlier show how Jedediah Bila spoke up against the liberals. When Sunny Hostin compared Trump to Hitler and said that Trump wanting border security is like Hitler's extermination of the Jews, which is a totally stupid statement, Jedediah Bila spoke up and told Sunny, that you can't compare the two, and sarcastic Sunny said,;I just did. Sonny is racist toward whites and she is VERY sarcastic. She is so arrogant and acts like she is perfect.

Paula has a little more courage when Whoopi isn't there to bully and intimidate her. Whoopi is a very angry person and racist towards whites. Every View show has a very negative commentary about the Republicans especially against Trump, mocking and ridiculing him, now calling him Hitler, while they defend everything about Hillary. I know Trump has made stupid comments, but the cast goes overboard with their rudeness and mockery. It is a very liberal and onesided show, and the producers should have equal representation of both liberals and conservatives. It would make for more interesting conversation between the cast,

It is so nice when Whoopi isn't there to bully people and act like her opinion is the only one that matters.

When Jedediah was speaking against Trump, Whoopi said to let her talk. Then when Jedediah starting speaking against Hillary, Whoopie cut her off and went on a rant about something else. Whoopi is a terrible person.

• a panel change-up and revise show

I would like to see 4 female republicans and Whoopi one day instead of the lop-sided panel it is now. No one that has anything to say other than what Whoopi or Joy like, ever gets a chance to get one sentence out. The panel is so one-sided that I don't really enjoy the show anymore. Maybe you could do a new line up one day a week until the election. WHY did you get rid of Nicole Wallace???? Worse decision you have made. At least she had a brain. It should be called the Whoopi View because that is what we get, when she isn't getting beeped out! Seems to be happening a lot more often lately! How can ABC put up with this behavior? Has anyone else noticed how Whoopi talks over everyone and when they try to say something, she jumps to a commercial? It is starting, Michelle has been dropped. Hope Whoopi or Joy is next. And then Raven! Why don't u you invite Laura Ingraham on for a week, so we can get a different view!!!! I bet then some folks would come back to watch.
  • Bitter hens

This really is overdue for cancellation, Whoopi and Sunny are racist, Joy is just hateful, and the others aren't allowed to talk.
  • Disgusted

4.5
    My family, friends, and I are so fed up with this show that we are boycotting the sponsors. The most disgusting part of the show is Whoopie and Joy every time they open their mouths. Instead of watching "The View" we have replaced this time with card playing. There used to be all points of views shared but now it is only the one view. When Whoopie went on her rant about Rudy Giuliani yesterday, that was the end of my patience. The things that she said about him were ridiculous and unfair.
  • Had enough!

I've absolutely had it with Whoopi and Joy. I find myself constantly saying to the TV, "Shut up!". It's supposed to be The View which means people have the right to state their opinion even if it's a more conservative opinion. Joy finds every possible moment she can to bash Trump and the Republican Party. Whoopi doesn't let anyone get a word in edgewise and is extremely opinionated. She always over talks anyone that doesn't share her opinion. They need to stop and have a more balanced table. I like Jedediah Bila because she stands up to Joy. They need another conservative person that balances it out. It's seriously hard to watch.
The View