The Voice

Blind Auditions, Part 1

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 26, 2011 on NBC

• OLD EPISODES

How and where do I go to watch season 1,2,and 3 of The Voice?
  • This show isn't completely about judging; its about finding the best singers and mentoring them. I think that this is an awesome idea.

I really enjoyed this episode. Four artists; Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera, Cee Cee, and Adam; are each choosing eight singers/duets that they will mentor during the next few weeks. The way I understand it, the singers will go against the other singers and then the artists will have to let go of four of their singers. In the end, one singer or duet will become the first "The Voice". I have to admit that I don't understand the whole concept, but I really enjoyed the way that the artist's had to pick their people. The artists listened to the singers while they had their backs to them. If the artist liked what he/she heard then they would push this big red button, which turned their chair around and then they would get to see the singer. If only one artist pushed the button, the singer was theirs. If noone pushed the button then the singer went home. However, if more than one artist pushed the button then the singer got to choose who they would work with. Looking forward to the next one.