A The Voice Community
Monday 8:00 PM on NBC

The Voice's Season 6 live shows started with a technical glitch, and on Tuesday, they ended with one as well.

Right at the start of the two-hour finale, host Carson Daly revealed that the iTunes results were taken out of the final equation for calculating the winner after Josh Kaufman's rendition of "Set Fire to the Rain" was mistakenly listed as an album instead of a song, which subsequently made it harder for fans to find and purchase it. The malfunction generated heavy outcry on social media, but Carson assured viewers that not including the iTunes numbers did not affect the final result.

The broadcast was bloated with performances from the likes of OneRepublic, Justin Moore, Ed Sheeran, Alabama, Robin Thicke, Tim McGraw, and Coldplay, as well as a few hilarious segments centered on the coaches, such as the Usher-centric featurette moderated by none other than Robin Leach and our "favorite" Adam Levine-starring montage.

In the last five minutes of the show, Carson and the three final contestants got down to business to announce who won. Coming in third place, from Adam's team, was Christina Grimmie, the 20-year-old YouTube star from Marlton, New Jersey.

Coming in second place, from Blake Shelton's team, was Jake Worthington, the 17-year-old country singer from La Porte, Texas. 

Jake's second-place finish means that 38-year-old Indianapolis, Indiana, native Josh Kaufman is the Season 6 winner of The Voice! As soon as Josh was announced as the winner, he and Jake embraced in a long hug on stage. And Josh's coach, Usher, was equally emotional, celebrating his first win in just his second season on the show.

"I can't even talk," Jake told Carson as the credits rolled. "I'm overwhelmed. I'm surprised. I'm happy. I'm relieved."

Do you think the right singer won The Voice?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/19/2015

Season 8 : Episode 28

13 Comments
Follow this Show
Members