A The Voice Community
Monday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning September 19, 2016)

The Voice's Season 6 live shows started with a technical glitch, and on Tuesday, they ended with one as well.

Right at the start of the two-hour finale, host Carson Daly revealed that the iTunes results were taken out of the final equation for calculating the winner after Josh Kaufman's rendition of "Set Fire to the Rain" was mistakenly listed as an album instead of a song, which subsequently made it harder for fans to find and purchase it. The malfunction generated heavy outcry on social media, but Carson assured viewers that not including the iTunes numbers did not affect the final result.

The broadcast was bloated with performances from the likes of OneRepublic, Justin Moore, Ed Sheeran, Alabama, Robin Thicke, Tim McGraw, and Coldplay, as well as a few hilarious segments centered on the coaches, such as the Usher-centric featurette moderated by none other than Robin Leach and our "favorite" Adam Levine-starring montage.

In the last five minutes of the show, Carson and the three final contestants got down to business to announce who won. Coming in third place, from Adam's team, was Christina Grimmie, the 20-year-old YouTube star from Marlton, New Jersey.

Coming in second place, from Blake Shelton's team, was Jake Worthington, the 17-year-old country singer from La Porte, Texas. 

Jake's second-place finish means that 38-year-old Indianapolis, Indiana, native Josh Kaufman is the Season 6 winner of The Voice! As soon as Josh was announced as the winner, he and Jake embraced in a long hug on stage. And Josh's coach, Usher, was equally emotional, celebrating his first win in just his second season on the show.

"I can't even talk," Jake told Carson as the credits rolled. "I'm overwhelmed. I'm surprised. I'm happy. I'm relieved."

Do you think the right singer won The Voice?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/24/2016

Season 10 : Episode 28

13 Comments
Comments (13)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This season of the voice was pretty lame, and it's the first time I stopped watching before the live show even began. Happy for Josh, though, I did like him.
Flag
No, I don't agree w/ winner. But I wasn't happy with the final 3 as a whole. I'd have liked to see Jake win, and I really dislike the "traditional country" genre. There was something endearing about him.

Overall, Season 6 was lacking. Just not one of their better seasons, and I've watched 'em all.
Flag
i'm happy with the winner cuz i like the 3 of them all the same, but i'm not sure the itunes voting didn't alter it cuz i saw that christina was high ranked during voting time...
Flag
It was nice to see another coach win and Josh deserved it. He was the most consistent of the three IMO. As far as talent goes, this season was the best they've had. As time went on Christina started to be styled more and more like Cassadee Pope which was distracting.
Flag
I thought last season was definitely better than this one. As far as this finale goes, I was rooting or Christina, but it's really no big deal since it's not as though I care after it's over. :p
Flag
I think the right voice won,I liked Jake (wouldn't mind if he won ) but I couldn't stand Christina her voice is horrible I think she reached this stage because of her 2 million followers not because of her voice
Flag
I had originally predicted that Josh, Kristen and Jake would make it to the finale and I had it down to Kristen and Josh as the top spots. Christina has a good voice but the way she arranges her songs and the way she carries herself is just a little to over the top for my liking. I respect opinions of others as long as they respect mine so with that In mind I was disappointed to see both Jake and Christina in the finale. Christna knocks high notes out of the park but beyond that her performances are very hit or miss to my ears. I believe I cringed during her performance of an Elvis classic on mondays show just as I cringed when she sang Some Nights last week.

I have listened to christinas covers on her youtube channel and they just seem so much more genuine and less over the top.

I am glad that Josh won, and not simply because I had grown tired of The Voice being the Blake and Adam show, even though I love those two and their banter. It was great to see someone who I rooted for since the blinds finally win.
More +
Flag
and the winner is... somebody who will fade into obscurity just like the other.. 6? there's been 6 winners already? jeez.. anyways, just like those other 6.
Flag
Cassadee Pope had a platinum (in, like, 1 mil copies sold, platinum) single since winning the Voice. Don't misrepresent facts to sell your personal narrative.
Flag
you took that was too personally it seems. she's country isn't she? country songs usually chart easier. her second hasn't done nearly as well. also, exception that proves the rule.
Flag
kelso burn memeburn
Flag
Stopped watching this season of the voice after the unnecessary second round of battles... Took ages to finish that when I got back just in time to watch the final episode, I did not remember any of the contestants!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members