The Voice

Monday 8:00 PM on NBC Premiered Apr 26, 2011 Returning Fall 2014

ocean58

The Voice Fan Reviews (65)

• season 5 top 5 performances for semi finals

My picks for the top 3 finalists before the episode aired was James Wolpert, Will Champlain, and Cole Vosberry. But after seeing the episode, little Jackie Lee came to win. What a beautiful job she did last night. And Will Champlin killed it with his song by Fun. I liked James' version of U2's With or without you, and I hope it was enough to at least get him to the finals. James is my favorite singer, I watch as they call out who is safe and moving on and I'm shouting Geek Boy. ha.. That's my nickname for James Wolpert. I hope everybody votes for him. We will see tonight on the results show???
  • Awesome show!!

I love watching this show! My 6 year old enjoys it as well!!! This season Christina looks great! She looks classy and elegant, no boobs hanging out like the previous seasons! And Blake is still funny as ever! I love that guy!! There is so much talent this year! I look forward to watching it weekly!!!
  • love the show

I am a total fan of this show and look forward every week to watching it. I am very disappointed that you are bringing back Christina and Celo. I believe that with all my heart that Shakira and Husher have made this show more complete and enjoyable to watch and taking them off the show it not a good move.
  • I have to tell you the truth

I can only listen to about a half of a song before I have to change the channel. I grew up on songs like "Lay Lady Lay". where the vocals and music weren't so overly exaggerated. the singers sing on key very well but some of the singers have such a sharp tone that it sounds like a brass instrument instead of a human voice. We all know that cristine tries to hit 28 notes per bar. Darrell Hall was the only singer I ever liked on your show.
  • Were are the ARMATURES?

I enjoy watching the show, but why are there people singing on here that have gotten PAID to just don't think it's fair.
  • Judges are Smart

Never miss an episode, it's great advice you all give to new upcoming artist in the music industry, thx for such good entertainment!
  • feelsgoodman

I get so happy when I watch this show, I love Usher and Shakira!!
  • Its Wrong.

Judith Hill, I feel that she should not be aloud to compete on The Voice. She said she sang Duet with Michael Jackson on tour, that would make her a pro being that Jackson is considered the best Pop singer of all times. It is not fair for the other constestants to have to compete against her.
  • Love all four

Best group of judges ever!
  • voice

Best judges on any show. Amazing and so exciting. The judges are funny and pick at each other in a great light hearted way.
  • Best show of its kind!!

This is a show with class. Not like the others that are out to break peoples confidence. They are great mentors and when they give constructive criticism they do it in a way that makes the person still feel good about themselves. Not only that but instead of hating on each other they actually get along and make the show fun. It drives me nuts watching the other shows going out of their way to berate each other. Loving this season so far and hoping for many more in the future.
  • Vicci Martinez

Awesome interview with Vicci Martinez: Contestant on Season 1! 2013/03/vicci-martinez-life-after-voice
  • The Voice

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SHOW. MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN WATCHING TV SINCE IT FIRST CAME INTO FAMILY HOMES AND WE NOT ONLY LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR SHOW BUT IT REALLY MAKES US FEEL GOOD. IT'S THE FIRST SHOW IN A VERY LONG TIME THAT WE WISH THERE WAS MORE OF. MR. AND MRS SKAGGS
  • Goodbye to Trevan. Hello finale.

Hello all. I've been a fan of The Voice since the start of Season 2 and I must say, there are few shows on TV that I look forward to every week more than the Monday/Tuesday combo of The Voice. The results of The Voice remind me of the heyday Survivor times. These artists stories and journeys are interesting and compelling and people love to speak their opinions about them.

Last season of The Voice I thought the boundaries of one artist per team left a few deserving artists out of the competition and punished coaches from having generally better teams. I love the new rules that don't limit artists per coach. I think it has provided one of the more interesting and epic conclusions to The Voice's short run to date.

Trevin was The Voice of this season. In a competition that strives to honor the best talent Trevin was by far the most talented and if this show were a one or two performance event I don't think there is an artist that was featured that could have possibly challenged Trevin for that spot.

That said, Trevin was clearly the worst of the final four last week. Even the most talented have down days. Trevin has definitely thrown out some duds (Usher? Really?) this season but his otherwise otherworldly performances had him in the final four fairly easily. What Trevin lacked was a consistency and, honestly, a repertoire of songs that were mass appealing enough to earn him the public vote. I've heard it many times and I couldn't agree more that Trevin has the voice of an angel whose album I'd never buy. I know that it frustrates many but Trevin hasn't achieved that mass public appeal that we all know he will be capable of one day. Until then he is the greatest wedding singer you could ever hope for.

As for the finalists, here is a rundown of my favorites.

3. Terry

Terry has been my biggest surprise this entire season. He has squeezed by on average performances against worse singers early on but has found his groove at exactly the right time. His song choices are what's keeping him alive against voices like Trevin.

2. Cassadee

The Voice learned me that Cassadee was actually in a halfway popular Warp Tour style band that was about as successful as The Oneders. I thought early on that Pope was the strongest singer on Blake's team, a team that was generally lacking in talent in comparison to the other coaches. That of course isn't a knock against Cassadee at all except to say that she was a clear strength.

Amazingly, Cassadee's true voice has come through in every country song she's sang and Blake may have stumbled upon a new country sensation that can bridge the gap between country and pop, something that has worked so incredibly well for artists like Taylor Swift.

Frustratingly, Cassadee seems to have little love for country and while her Over You performance was clearly her "it" moment she has reluctantly dipped back into the country scene. I thought Blake's attempt to help her do both by singing a Rascal Flats song was a terrible compromise that she performed like it was some perfunctory exercise. Thankfully she sang it well, though I thought with little of the conviction that has made her such a "storyteller" artist.

This is Cassadee's show to lose and if can turn in one more solid performance I think she'll have done enough to earn the crown once more for Team Blake.

1. Nicholas David

This guy sings almost nothing I would listen to on my own, but I find myself in extreme anticipation at every song choice he makes. Nick takes the entire music experience farther than any other artist in this show and while I don't believe he is appealing to enough to win over a majority audience to take the whole thing I do think that he has already won over a significant amount of fans and like many artists on this show I predict him to be the most successful outside of it, even though he may not win.

Some music is catchy because of the hook, others because of the lyric. Nick is a master of the lyric and he sings with such an intensity and passion that when this show is over and a winner signs his or her contract with their new record label I'll always keep an out on what exactly is happening with good 'ol Saint NIck because when he sings he brings it all. Nick is my preference to win it all.

Holybuckets.
  • Do You Know My Name?

YES....And it is Cody Belew! He is "The Voice!" I would definately pay to see him perform, in fact he is the only one I would pay to see perform. No one can top his last performance, including the judges! Ceelo is the best of the judges, he is so wise at what he says. Ceelo really gets the best out of his performers. Cody deserves to win this thing. When Cody said "Wait...I ain't done yet." WOW, this song doesn't belong to Beyonce anymore, "Crazy in Love" is Cody's. Cody owns it now. OK...Steve Win you need to call Cody to do a show in Vegas. And, Blake seemed to really enjoy Cody's performance...it was a big night for him. Cody is fun, sweet, sincere....as Ceelo said, everyone gets positive energy from him. I do enjoy his Bam Bam. Ms Hudson said Cody's personality is so huge and it seems to be. I just can't believe without Ceelo turning his chair we would not be seeing him perform, how horrible would that be.

So thank you Ceelo! Cody is the total package: Good looking, fantastic voice, great dancer. Travin has a great voice too, he is just not the total package. People vote for who they like...you just really like the guy!

Ceelo seems to connect with good people, he sees something in their soul. However, the most unlikable person was Domo, I think that was her name (Ha) who sang opposite (duo) with Cody in the knock out round. Her poisonality was abrasive. Yeah she had the looks and lots of talent but way,way over the top about herself...no one liked her, it was evident with the judges. I do hope Domo learned something. All the judges love Cody, you just smile when you see him....yep, he has a good spirit.
  • Why the rush?

So as much as the voice is amazingly addictive! Why oh why are they rushing everything :( ... Live shows need to be planned a little bit more (time wise anyways) it all seems to rushed and its annoying because now im feeling its more about rushing the show rather then finding the voice.
  • be nice Adam

I like Christina, just wish they ALL wouldn't be so adamant about attacking Blake, he's a good guy and you can see it hurts his feelings, evidently he's won because he's done his job. Starting to feel like I am watching American Idol with all the hateful attitudes, I love the voice, and have loved there all getting along and humor, but the humor is turning kind of dark, come Adam, play nice. And bring back Usher, or hey two female coaches..
  • not intimitaded

the voice judges are real a great sense of hummer not like the ( B S ) that went on watching the X factor and American idol Britney spears was the worst ever as a judge than her stone face expression when the winner was selected than on American idol the insecurity between the two female judges not working as a team jealousy or what its so much better the way the voice judges talk to each other its fun and the judges secure with individual talent they have and they really respect each other keep it up the ratings will far surpass the others
  • AWESOME

I love the blind auditions so that way the judges can't judge on looks!!

• THE GREATEST SINGING COMPETITION

With all the rotating chairs and coaches what more can you ask for, it's the perfect shows with the great singers that everyone wants to hear. THE BEST SHOW OUT RIGHT NOW
  • #teambreadandbutter

The voice is great- sad that matthew went home but am all about team Adam. Tessanne for the voice Dec Jamdung
  • Blakes Country Cop Out

Let me start by saying I love the show, and Blake is my favorite coach. I have been to Blake's concerts, greatly enjoy his music, and wish him the best. However, there have been several times this season in one round or another when Blake has had a difficult choice to make and has essentially said that he has to choose the country artist because he knows country best. This seems a great cop out to me. In future seasons how does anyone that is not a country artist choose Blake when they know that they will be cast aside at the first close battle or knockout round? How does Blake in good faith recruit promising new artists from other genres to his team knowing that he cannot do a competent job of helping them because he knows country best? It seems to me that he either has an obligation to be impartial as to genre or not fight to recruit the artist in the first place, letting them go to another coach who can help them on an unbiased basis.. Perhaps Blake is just using his country focus as an excuse for making a diffult decision, but it seems to diminish his integrity on the show and betray the confidence placed in him by aspiring artists from other genres who have joined his team. I'd much rather hear him say that "this is a tough decision but I choose [artist] to go forward" rather hear him cop out it by saying country is what he knows best.
  • Big Huge Fan now, WOW!

I LOVE TERRY McDermot! Hes's gonna win, i feel it!! WOW!! EHAT A VOICE SUCH CHARISMA!

CANT WAIT!! HIT IT RIGHT WITH BLAKE SHELTON!! GO TERRY!!
  • Best Judge on the Voice and who will win?

What another great season of The Voice. The judges add great value to the show and bring a great mix of musical background. The best judge would have to be Adam Levine, he is very truthful and has the best critiques of the performances. Do you agree? Vote who your favorite judge is one voteisland.com: http://voteisland.com/index.php/entertainment-polls-and-opinions It's always fun to see where your opinion ranks, also who do you think will win this season? I vote Juliet Simms team CeeLo! Vote for your favorite on www.voteisland.com Can't wait to watch the season finale!
  • Way better than American Idol.

This show is alot better than American Idol because the judges aren't rude and don't say mean, insulting things to the contestants. They give them praise and tell them what they did good and compliment them. The people they have on there can actually sing, unlike the ones on American Idol. I hope this show does better than American Idol and the judges don't get nasty and mean like on other shows.
  • Disappointed

Unfortunately I truely feel Christina in accurately shows her true given leadership quality She been has given her by making inappropriate slashes at artisit she doesn't identify with. Music is art - all music. Adams team is talented and different - unique! Original. That crazy thing called originality isn't so mainstream. Christina's bitter facial expressions and rude interruptions she makes during Amanda's and Melanie's performance and follow up is simply petty. Christina, your music and vioce is beautiful however your attitude towards these artist is really terrible. Yes, they are different but the talent is there and you know that. Your a legend - don't discredit those who are different. They have dreams too, you don't need to be so shallow.
  • The judges may be young but...

they give you profound advice and charismatic critiques. I like how this show has singers on teams... it's pretty nice to watch all the backstage coaching and struggles the singers are put through during the competition. The judges are more laidback and always has a smile on their face... the performances on this show are outstanding. A tribute to good music!
  • Good Grief!

Come on, Adam! It's not about YOU and who YOU connect with! Katrina deserved to win - you should have listened to Christina! I have been a loyal fan, but tonight I am really disappointed with Adam. My rating is for the show as a whole, excluding Adam!

ps. In the Facebook photo, I am sitting behind my husband.
  • Love the judges but

The judges are great this year, so is the steal process. Why do they show the training process, but not show each battle of all the contestant. I would rather see each battle *Thats the whole reason to watch the show. My husband and I compete to see who choses each battle winner..
  • Blake Shelton IS the man!

Blake is friggin awesome and the only reason i still watch The Voice.

Still don't think the talent is all that, there's WAY better singers out there than these people auditioning,

but like i said, Blake makes watching this show worth while.

< 1 2 3