The Voice

Monday 8:00 PM on NBC Premiered Apr 26, 2011 In Season

ocean58

The Voice Fan Reviews (59)

• Pretty decent show even when you're not huge on singing competitions.

I tuned in to the premiere because I'm a fan of Cee-Lo, that was it.
    But I stick with because there was some actually good artists competing, and not just "voices" thankfully, mainly Dia Frampton whose cover of Kanye West's Heartless definetly sold me on her talent. Nakia, Vicky and Javier are also bonafide artists.

Add the playful banter/revilary between judges (even if I find Christina annoying), and good production value, and you have the only singing competition that I'd watch.

Bad points being the typical forced dramatization, the total blandness of Carson Daly, and the stupid media/twitter room.

But all in all I'd put it around my favorites reality shows (Top Chef & Survivor).
  • Way better than American Idol.

This show is alot better than American Idol because the judges aren't rude and don't say mean, insulting things to the contestants. They give them praise and tell them what they did good and compliment them. The people they have on there can actually sing, unlike the ones on American Idol. I hope this show does better than American Idol and the judges don't get nasty and mean like on other shows.
  • We deserve a FAIR vocal ability show!

3.5
    I am simply amazed that Christina would choose two of the best voices on her team to compete against each other. I truly believe that the elimination between Jessie & Anthony was RIGGED in order to knock one of the best singers out first! Both these gentlemen could have EASILY knocked off ANY of the others with NO PROBLEM!!! Yet you pair them against each other???? I WILL NOT watch this ridiculous show again & will spread word to others to do the same. Christina you can blow!! How dare you make such an AWFUL decision!! Best wishes to Anthony....keep believing!! Texas LOVES YOU!! Christina, you should hook him up outside the show!! He can hang with the best of you because Anthony has REAL, GOD GIVENTALENT!!
  • Why the rush?

So as much as the voice is amazingly addictive! Why oh why are they rushing everything :( ... Live shows need to be planned a little bit more (time wise anyways) it all seems to rushed and its annoying because now im feeling its more about rushing the show rather then finding the voice.
  • Great show!

AWESOME!!!! I GOT CHILLS LISTENING TO CHESSA SING A WHITNEY HOUSTON SONG!!!!!!!! SO MOVING, SUCH TALENT.
  • Good Grief!

Come on, Adam! It's not about YOU and who YOU connect with! Katrina deserved to win - you should have listened to Christina! I have been a loyal fan, but tonight I am really disappointed with Adam. My rating is for the show as a whole, excluding Adam!

ps. In the Facebook photo, I am sitting behind my husband.
  • The judges may be young but...

they give you profound advice and charismatic critiques. I like how this show has singers on teams... it's pretty nice to watch all the backstage coaching and struggles the singers are put through during the competition. The judges are more laidback and always has a smile on their face... the performances on this show are outstanding. A tribute to good music!
  • Best Judge on the Voice and who will win?

What another great season of The Voice. The judges add great value to the show and bring a great mix of musical background. The best judge would have to be Adam Levine, he is very truthful and has the best critiques of the performances. Do you agree? Vote who your favorite judge is one voteisland.com: http://voteisland.com/index.php/entertainment-polls-and-opinions It's always fun to see where your opinion ranks, also who do you think will win this season? I vote Juliet Simms team CeeLo! Vote for your favorite on www.voteisland.com Can't wait to watch the season finale!
  • Christina Aguilera is a TERRIBLE coach and SUPER annoying

Christina Aguilera is so annoying. I don't understand why she was picking on Tony Lucca the entire season....probably because she knew that he was way better than her contestant and Adam was obviously a much better singer/coach than she will ever be. No wonder her career (along with her looks) has gone down the toilet. PLEASE hire a new coach for next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HELLO? BAD EDITING!

I don't feel like I have to watch the whole show because they do SOOOO many clips of what is going to happen that I have already seen all of the performances by 1/3 of the way into the episode! They replay stuff OVER AND OVER throughout the whole show, and they overlap and replay what happened before and then after the commercials WAY TOO MUCH!!! Please someone get some better editing done for this show! Great show! Love the judges, but I almost can't stand to watch the replays and overlaps because they get so old and annoying!!! Some one dooooo something about this please! Make recaps or overlaps be split seconds instead of dragging them out!
  • christina sucks

they need to get rid of christina send her back to mickey mouse club
  • WOW! I'm a big fan of The Voice now!

Just heard Terry McDermott sing "Maybe I'm Amazed" on The Voice. I am amazed, he is even better than McCartney or Joe Cocker. Blake Shelton is sooo lucky to have him on his team, because Terry should win "The Voice!" I have been a die hard American Idol fan for years, but no one ever sang that good.

I even got Terry's song off of iTunes already, and I told everyone in Facebook to tune into "The Voice" to watch him. Terry's song on iTunes is even better than on "The Voice!" I'm thinking that "The Voice" has better talent than all the others this year, didn't think that last year.
  • Do You Know My Name?

YES....And it is Cody Belew! He is "The Voice!" I would definately pay to see him perform, in fact he is the only one I would pay to see perform. No one can top his last performance, including the judges! Ceelo is the best of the judges, he is so wise at what he says. Ceelo really gets the best out of his performers. Cody deserves to win this thing. When Cody said "Wait...I ain't done yet." WOW, this song doesn't belong to Beyonce anymore, "Crazy in Love" is Cody's. Cody owns it now. OK...Steve Win you need to call Cody to do a show in Vegas. And, Blake seemed to really enjoy Cody's performance...it was a big night for him. Cody is fun, sweet, sincere....as Ceelo said, everyone gets positive energy from him. I do enjoy his Bam Bam. Ms Hudson said Cody's personality is so huge and it seems to be. I just can't believe without Ceelo turning his chair we would not be seeing him perform, how horrible would that be.

So thank you Ceelo! Cody is the total package: Good looking, fantastic voice, great dancer. Travin has a great voice too, he is just not the total package. People vote for who they like...you just really like the guy!

Ceelo seems to connect with good people, he sees something in their soul. However, the most unlikable person was Domo, I think that was her name (Ha) who sang opposite (duo) with Cody in the knock out round. Her poisonality was abrasive. Yeah she had the looks and lots of talent but way,way over the top about herself...no one liked her, it was evident with the judges. I do hope Domo learned something. All the judges love Cody, you just smile when you see him....yep, he has a good spirit.
  • Disappointed

Unfortunately I truely feel Christina in accurately shows her true given leadership quality She been has given her by making inappropriate slashes at artisit she doesn't identify with. Music is art - all music. Adams team is talented and different - unique! Original. That crazy thing called originality isn't so mainstream. Christina's bitter facial expressions and rude interruptions she makes during Amanda's and Melanie's performance and follow up is simply petty. Christina, your music and vioce is beautiful however your attitude towards these artist is really terrible. Yes, they are different but the talent is there and you know that. Your a legend - don't discredit those who are different. They have dreams too, you don't need to be so shallow.
  • Big Huge Fan now, WOW!

I LOVE TERRY McDermot! Hes's gonna win, i feel it!! WOW!! EHAT A VOICE SUCH CHARISMA!

CANT WAIT!! HIT IT RIGHT WITH BLAKE SHELTON!! GO TERRY!!
  • Goodbye to Trevan. Hello finale.

Hello all. I've been a fan of The Voice since the start of Season 2 and I must say, there are few shows on TV that I look forward to every week more than the Monday/Tuesday combo of The Voice. The results of The Voice remind me of the heyday Survivor times. These artists stories and journeys are interesting and compelling and people love to speak their opinions about them.

Last season of The Voice I thought the boundaries of one artist per team left a few deserving artists out of the competition and punished coaches from having generally better teams. I love the new rules that don't limit artists per coach. I think it has provided one of the more interesting and epic conclusions to The Voice's short run to date.

Trevin was The Voice of this season. In a competition that strives to honor the best talent Trevin was by far the most talented and if this show were a one or two performance event I don't think there is an artist that was featured that could have possibly challenged Trevin for that spot.

That said, Trevin was clearly the worst of the final four last week. Even the most talented have down days. Trevin has definitely thrown out some duds (Usher? Really?) this season but his otherwise otherworldly performances had him in the final four fairly easily. What Trevin lacked was a consistency and, honestly, a repertoire of songs that were mass appealing enough to earn him the public vote. I've heard it many times and I couldn't agree more that Trevin has the voice of an angel whose album I'd never buy. I know that it frustrates many but Trevin hasn't achieved that mass public appeal that we all know he will be capable of one day. Until then he is the greatest wedding singer you could ever hope for.

As for the finalists, here is a rundown of my favorites.

3. Terry

Terry has been my biggest surprise this entire season. He has squeezed by on average performances against worse singers early on but has found his groove at exactly the right time. His song choices are what's keeping him alive against voices like Trevin.

2. Cassadee

The Voice learned me that Cassadee was actually in a halfway popular Warp Tour style band that was about as successful as The Oneders. I thought early on that Pope was the strongest singer on Blake's team, a team that was generally lacking in talent in comparison to the other coaches. That of course isn't a knock against Cassadee at all except to say that she was a clear strength.

Amazingly, Cassadee's true voice has come through in every country song she's sang and Blake may have stumbled upon a new country sensation that can bridge the gap between country and pop, something that has worked so incredibly well for artists like Taylor Swift.

Frustratingly, Cassadee seems to have little love for country and while her Over You performance was clearly her "it" moment she has reluctantly dipped back into the country scene. I thought Blake's attempt to help her do both by singing a Rascal Flats song was a terrible compromise that she performed like it was some perfunctory exercise. Thankfully she sang it well, though I thought with little of the conviction that has made her such a "storyteller" artist.

This is Cassadee's show to lose and if can turn in one more solid performance I think she'll have done enough to earn the crown once more for Team Blake.

1. Nicholas David

This guy sings almost nothing I would listen to on my own, but I find myself in extreme anticipation at every song choice he makes. Nick takes the entire music experience farther than any other artist in this show and while I don't believe he is appealing to enough to win over a majority audience to take the whole thing I do think that he has already won over a significant amount of fans and like many artists on this show I predict him to be the most successful outside of it, even though he may not win.

Some music is catchy because of the hook, others because of the lyric. Nick is a master of the lyric and he sings with such an intensity and passion that when this show is over and a winner signs his or her contract with their new record label I'll always keep an out on what exactly is happening with good 'ol Saint NIck because when he sings he brings it all. Nick is my preference to win it all.

Holybuckets.
  • Good show, except for these 2 ...

Been watching this show since day 1 of the first season, and have to say that there are 2 problems which should be fixed. 1) Carson Daly - boring, expressionless, and always seems pissed at the judges that it's his job to keep the show moving along on time. Totally unlikeable, he ain't no Ryan Seacrest. And 2) Christina Milian - a completely unnecessary and utterly annoying aspect of this show. Just get rid of her and hire one good host to do both jobs.
  • Nicholas Good Luck!!!

Well the Judges might have said over and over that they were all Winners, the fact Voice is a contest! Like any other talent contest the outcome does not always give us the candidate were cheering for. Nicholas was a true talent and quite gifted! I hope Cee will come true with his promise to be there for him.... Nicolas reminded me a bit of ZZTop, not conventional at all, but could put more soul in a song than most! He didn't deserve 3rd place.
  • 2 reasons allot of people will stop watching the voice.

we all love the show but .... Really Carson Daily!!! and another season with that squeaky Christina Millian, we have to let the show play for 15 min. and then start watching it so we can fast forward over the two of them, Carson has no emotion and looks like he is pushing people off the stage, and Christina Millian is flipping her hair at people and dose not fit the show like Carson Daily. Sad to hear they are back for the 4th season. Great show but I dont know if we can do it another season with the two of them.
  • The Voice

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SHOW. MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN WATCHING TV SINCE IT FIRST CAME INTO FAMILY HOMES AND WE NOT ONLY LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR SHOW BUT IT REALLY MAKES US FEEL GOOD. IT'S THE FIRST SHOW IN A VERY LONG TIME THAT WE WISH THERE WAS MORE OF. MR. AND MRS SKAGGS
  • Vicci Martinez

Awesome interview with Vicci Martinez: Contestant on Season 1! 2013/03/vicci-martinez-life-after-voice
  • canadaian aaa

when is the show coming to canada. the jugdes should have one card that they can give to a contestant that think that they would like to hear again even if no chairs turn around and only one card per season
  • Best show of its kind!!

This is a show with class. Not like the others that are out to break peoples confidence. They are great mentors and when they give constructive criticism they do it in a way that makes the person still feel good about themselves. Not only that but instead of hating on each other they actually get along and make the show fun. It drives me nuts watching the other shows going out of their way to berate each other. Loving this season so far and hoping for many more in the future.
  • AWESOME

I love the blind auditions so that way the judges can't judge on looks!!

• Blake Shelton IS the man!

Blake is friggin awesome and the only reason i still watch The Voice.

Still don't think the talent is all that, there's WAY better singers out there than these people auditioning,

but like i said, Blake makes watching this show worth while.

• voice

Best judges on any show. Amazing and so exciting. The judges are funny and pick at each other in a great light hearted way.
  • Love all four

Best group of judges ever!
  • Its Wrong.

Judith Hill, I feel that she should not be aloud to compete on The Voice. She said she sang Duet with Michael Jackson on tour, that would make her a pro being that Jackson is considered the best Pop singer of all times. It is not fair for the other constestants to have to compete against her.
  • feelsgoodman

I get so happy when I watch this show, I love Usher and Shakira!!
  • Love the judges but

The judges are great this year, so is the steal process. Why do they show the training process, but not show each battle of all the contestant. I would rather see each battle *Thats the whole reason to watch the show. My husband and I compete to see who choses each battle winner..
< 1 2