The Voice

Monday 8:00 PM on NBC Premiered Apr 26, 2011 In Season

ocean58

The Voice Fan Reviews (108)

7.7
  • This new show is rubbish

Used to like the voice but Paloma majorly irritating and they are turning down great singers who can sing better than they can !!!!!!!
  • S09 - Only thing I didn't like was Gwen dramatically changing Korin to a Mini-Gwen.

I really liked Korin. Great voice and song choices with all her quirkiness. Then Gwen had to go change her appearances to look like a Mini-Gwen. I think she derailed the great track she was on, and changed her way too much from the person she once was. And not for the better. There's only one Gwen, and there WAS only one Korin. I hope Korin can get back on track. HER personal path was unique and promising.

OK, one other thing. I think the show goes too far to the opposite extreme from American Idol originally was. I imagine a caricature of all the hosts with brown noses. There should be at least 10% to 20% negative criticism. Of course they probably figure it would hurt the bottom line on iTunes sales.

That said, I think Gwen is an Awesome coach when it comes to coaching VOICES and I wish she was coming back. Far better than Cristina Aguilera and Slghtly better than Shakira. I feel Christina comes across as way too arrogant. I use to count how often she said "ME" or "MY". Gwen is better for the show, and the artists.

As far as this season. To me, this season 9 has been awesome. SO much talent and Variety. I Loved so many;

Jordan

Blind Joe

Emily

Ivonne

Morgan

All with special voices that I could listen to over and over. Been to YouTube a few times for

I stopped watching a few years ago, when Christina came back, so not sure how this season compared to that, but I really did like this season a lot and glad I jumped back on the Bandwagon. .
  • Paloma is rubbish.

Rubbish, biased and unfair. Paloma Faith is so bad - how did she ever become a judge? As judges, they should be bending over backwards to be fair to all. There were some good singers who were rubbished because they sang a musical theatre song! Someone should take Paloma Faith to the West End and let her see just how talented and hard working musical theatre performers are. Danny seemed embarrassed to be in the same show as the other judges. I won't be watching this show again.
  • OH DEAR!

What a load of rubbish! Thought it was meant to be 'choose the best voice', not your favourite genre...
  • the voice

The new show is rubbish, the judges are supposed to nudge on the voice not the song. Paloma didn't like musical theatre she is not there to let her opinions on the song cloud her judgement on the song.

• Flat Awful

Take Off Its Rigged and It Shows.
  • Really?

Cassidy Pope Really?

Matt McAndrews and the other 2 on Adams team did not win last year? Really?

Blake's hippy won? Really?

Now, 2015 and Blake's last two, blondie and SWELLED HEAD think they should win? Really?

I used to LOVE the voice until this Really!

By the way Blake, PLEASE FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY!
  • Rigged

It's hard to believe that no Black people got voted through to the top. Of all of the contestants in America, you mean to tell me, that they could not find ONE talented enough to make the top 10 or 12? Yes, I'm playing the race card because it is what it is. If you are the one black that Blake turns his chair for, do not pick him or you WILL go home! If you are not country, do not pick Blake or you will more than likely go home if it comes down to you or a country singer. I truly believe they cheat and put through who they want to put through and they don't select the good singers but the pretty, thin ones (male & femaie) who are at best AVERAGE! The only way Jordan got this far is because the boy can sing!!! There is no denying that fact! We all know that at least four of the best singers were sent home and they were all black. Not to mention all of the singers on the black judge's team, except Madi but again, you can't deny her talent either! It's just a shame! I used to like this show but I'm beginning to see it for what it That's why you don't hear about people after they leave the it's not about talent. It's about popularity and whose team you are on, not to mention, the color of your skin. Go back in time and see how many people on Blake's team have been black! Each season, he may pick one "token" black but I guarantee he sends them home very early!!! Yes, he had a winner in Season 2 but that's before the racism and cheating took over and became so evident. I'm so done! So done! I hope America protests this unfairness too because until they get some new perspective or new judges or new "counters", the show will continue to be rigged in favor of Blake & Adam. How is it that their contestants always or 9 times out of 10, make the cut. They are not that good (they -- the judges or the contestants) but it's because the show is rigged. Look at their faces when they are reading the results. I see GUILT and SHAME because they know, it's not FAIR!
  • The voice

Don't like it any more they send the best singer home.
  • sunshades

They need to go. I don't like.
  • Once again the voters prove to be tone deaf

Sending Mark home was a huge mistake but once again its those deaf voters who pick who they like not talent. People get your head out ... and vote for truly who should be there not because their young and kind of cute!
  • my voice would be

Why do they leave it up to tone death people to chose the fate of these artist first they let people choose like if people chose who they would like to see make it if, this person actually does record an album they will buy it, NOPE that never happens you never hear from the contestants again. Why wouldnt The Voice concept be these famous artist working with these people producing and writing music for them and seeing who out of them can make a truly big artist by using their industry expertise and letting each artist create a single and promote via all the social media sites and the one arist that dominates wins. Thats what people who know good music and promote good music would want thus creating a star through their own effort of being the next big music artist. My idea, i think this would make for great tv.
  • Not worth watching.

As per usual, most of the best singers were sent home. I will be tuning in to listen to Jordan and Mark and skipping over the rest. The only coach that saved the right person was Pharrell. Other than the 2 I mentioned this show isn't worth watching anymore this season. The only thing I can think of is that the majority of the people who vote on this show must be deaf, that's the only thing that makes sense.
  • Awful show, Need second set of judges

We need a second set of judges to pick the talent that moves on . America picks who they like, not the best talent. This was my last nite watching this season. Sawyer was not the best singer last season , but Amercia picked him
  • Time for a Change

I used to enjoy watching the show. The thing with Blake and Gwen is offensive and distracting to the show. They need to change judges and remind the judges that this is The Voice and not The Dating Game.
  • "You blew my mind!" "Amazing!" - It's all crap

The judges blow so much smoke at every performer. No critical feedback. Everyone is No, they're not. Song choices for so many are horrible. I'm sorry. I've come to appreciate the feedback Simon gave on AI: he was direct and he pushed the performers to be better through (often quite harsh) critical feedback. Nothing close to critical feedback on The Voice. Everyone is great. Nonsense. No disrespect to the performers. The judges are not helping them grow by loading them up with only outrageous praise.
  • Awful!

What an awful night, I have never been so bored and I am absolutely a fan of the show.

Terrible song choices all night, steering these kids completely wrong. Since Gwen started dating The Cowboy, her head is clouded.. She needs to go! Bring back Shakira she was funny and lovable.

Gwen steered all her stars into jeopardy, what an awful night! Blaine was the only awesome performance of the night and perfect song choice, after that everything went down hill, even for Adam. What's up? Hopefully Blake and Pherrel are ready to wow us. Disappointing episode!
  • so boring tonight

4.5
    Gwen and Adam have terrible song choices normally love this show, but wow is it bad tonight... just so boring.. hard to even sit through. Hoping the other coaches step it up.
  • Disappointed in the first two coaches

Terrible choices in Music. Gwen picked the perfect song for the Goth girl, other than that, terrible music choices. Same with Adam, terrible music choices for all of his artists. No wonder Blake wins almost every year. I'm sure Blake and Pharell will pick better songs for their artists. Not sure about Pharell, have never watched a season yet, I don't think he knows a lot of music from various artists, I think he is strictly R&B.
  • cancel voice. It wast of airwaves. TV is pure junk anymore!!

They need to cancel this crap off the airwaves. Voice is sinking to abyss and it is boring. Never did like it. These talents show are a joke. Good talent never makes it on this show.

5.5
    There is NO excuse for not showing all the battles. You guys pick your favs and show this huge package showing their practices, working with some star, and then skip over some of the battles! Those packages are way longer than the battles themselves! Not only is it completely unfair to some of the contestants (especially those that were skipped and then kicked off - they got no exposure to help further their career), but it's also unfair to the viewers who were looking forward to seeing those singers.

Either shorten the packages (I don't oay attention to them anyway), or have fewer contestants. But don't skip battles!!!
  • Strategic measures!

I understand that everyone wants to be Blakes team that sings country.... however if you have watched the show he will put you up against another great country singer. .. so why not pick another coach and win over them in country and move forward! Just saying! !!
  • lord please

remove this tripe from the airwaves please
  • America Got It Wrong

Sawyer was a very good singer, but Megan and Joshua were SUPERB difference. I guess all the little tweeny girls made the difference, because his talent paled compared to the other two.
  • The Voice is rigged.

There is no way that Sawyer was better than Hannah, Megan, India and so many more on that show. I can't believe that those little Tweens that voted 10 times for him was enough to allow him to win that whole show. I won't watch that crap again. It's fixed and it was obvious this year!
  • The system dont work

Time after time the great talent is sent home and the just OK singers win. The show don't work it's time to cancel it. Speak up America. I will not watch again
  • I'm done!

There's NO way I will ever believe that America has no better sense than to pick Sawyer over every contestant in the top 20, let alone the top 4!!! He is an ok singer, but NOT EVEN CLOSE to the caliber of singers that were eliminated from the top 20. Not that it will make any difference, but I will NEVER AGAIN TUNE IN TO WATCH THE VOICE.
  • Two monotone males

Really, Joshua and Sawyer is in the Finalist??? So much great artists has been sent home, Christiana Aguilar's 2 bettys were the best on this competition plus Megan Lindsay.
  • No talent Males

1.5
    Really can not believe that Joshua is still in the game, should have been gone for weeks. I think only the females vote for guys, not talent! You can see there arms up swaying to the music, seldom do you see guys in that crowd. If this is the way the Voice is going, I will quit watching it to! They need to have some control to keep the talent going, not just because they are guys!
  • What does America know?

It is hard to believe that India Carney has not advanced to the finals. The show is called The Voice, but clearly it is not about who can sing the best, but who is the most popular. As it has been said, so much talent has already been sent home and now we are left with these four? I must be missing something.

I agree Megan Lindsey can sing, but should she have been on the show in the first place? I think not. She has already had a career and opportunities the other contestants can only wish for. If she is allowed on the show, why not invite all the one hit wonders of the world to compete. Change the name of the show to "The Second Chance" or leave "The Voice" to the amateurs.