The Voice

Tuesday 8:00 PM on NBC Premiered Apr 26, 2011 Between Seasons

thefanof

The Voice Fan Reviews (286)

6.6
  • So Dissapointed

I will not be watching The Voice next season. I mistakenly thought this was a family orientated show, but it has gone downhill for the last couple of seasons. Last season's finale the women dancing had to show their crotches to the audience and now we saw men trying to be women and that alone was a result of someone finding their faith? Seriously? In a world where there are so much gender-confusion and 5 and 6-year-old children are encouraged to dress in drag and become whatever sex they want to be? Deplorable! I could say a lot more how dangerous this is from a Christian view, but I'll just stick to the fact that The VOICE is over for me. I'd give the Voice a zero but your rate graph doesn't register that.
  • Voice 2017 Finale - A DEBACLE

This was by far and away our favorite 'talent' show -- until 2016. It started a downhill slide then, culminating in a resounding THUD as it bottomed out this year. Truly this is often more of a popularity contest than a true talent-based competition proven by the list of those who were voted out versus the list of the cuties left to pick from.

If you really care about song stylists, this was the best opportunity to see 'new' talent, not interspersed with jugglers, clowns/comics/card tricks or pet acts.

I can honestly say there were few goose-bump renditions of anything this year but there were some very credible performances by a pool of people who could, mostly, carry a tune and the odd one who sang from the diaphragm rather then screaming on key.

The last straw was the farce delivered on the 19th -- how does a troupe of drag queen/female impersonators and Billy Idol (Billy FREAKING IDOL!!) figure into this? What did Demi Movado or any of the other 'guest' artists have to do with the contestants, their back-stories or talents? By the time the viewers get here, we're invested in the people who've been slugging their guts out every week to win our approbation than some 'guest' thrown into the mix.

It's almost like -- we need to fill time so we can sell more ads.

When The Voice 2018 comes around, I doubt it will get much in the way of eyeballs from me -- my wife is a little more forgiving, so she might watch a bit but I think I'll wax the cars and tie flies -- way more productive, useful and entertaining.

• Very Disappointed

I have watched every show of the Voice. This season was by far the worst season ever. The finally was not at all entertaining. I don't know what happened but please if it ain't broke don't fix it. Also, I do not like Miley, she is all about herself. Jennifer Hudson did not make a good coach. I only hope that the next season goes back to what it used to be or i will have to shut it off. I so look forward when the Voice is coming on the air but this time it did nothing for me.
  • We all know why Chloe won, because of Blakes influnce!!!

She did not win herself, Blake made her win the show!! This show is rigged!! Noah should had been in the top 4 not any of them it should of been Brooke or Addison that won it. I did not understand the departure of Noah or Davon?!?! I hope next season this show is honest with their choices. I thought this season was very unfair!!!!!!!!!
  • dress code

Its a shame when you need to tell adults that exposure to breasts will take a family show to R rated show in a heart beat Shame on christina for the past month you are a disgrace and gwen where was the side to your dress I cant believe you 2 could ruin this show for families Shame on the both of you !!! NBC needs to be more prudent on who they have on there especially when kids so love this show Shame on the girls this did not need nudity

• How did Brooke or Red not win ?

Brooke sang like an angel and there's no voice smoother than Red. Who voted ? I don't understand-beyond disappointed. The worst one won, really. Even her "singing" with Billy Idol was awful. She talk-sings has no range and the raspy ness sounded like she needed to give a good cough. Won't be buying a ticket to see her or her records.

Brooke will go far-like when Jennifer Hudson didn't win Idol.

High point of the show was the drag queens -fantastic!
  • Sad so sad

4.5
    I've tried Not to remember our last Presidential election. I just wanted the show and voters to be fair . We all know that the best singers by No means won . I quit watching American idol for that reason. I guess you will not be on my automatic record either. I'm so disappointed but I guess I want make the difference but I will on my tv. This was a joke because fair is fair and that didn't happen.
  • 2 Pony Race

Well we'll see tomorrow if America can get it right. I've yet to see a Voice finalist break thru in the real world but that could all change come tomorrow. The raspy baratones of Chloe and the unmistakable passion and story telling of Addison should top the charts in the voting.

I will feel bad for the runner up as they both deserve to be The Voice.

On a I'm The Star note Miley stepped all over Brook, it was a Wrecking Ball all right. She totally took the stage away from her artist. Pretty sad, drop the mic Miley.

Reds decent but I can't help but listen to Simon on this one. A little Karaokeish. Blake said it best iof Chloe, no one sings like her, .....
  • I've had it with this show

I am a life-long music professional, first as a touring multi-instrumentalist with over 40 major-label artists, as a composer of original scores and instrumental cues for film, television, events, artist licensing, and as a producer providing artist development for over a dozen emerging major-label artists of widely-varying genres. As such, I have the ability to tell an exceptional voice from one that is a teaspoon above mediocre in seconds .

Over the past few seasons I have watched vocalists who fit the "teaspoon above mediocre" category be voted into the show's final rounds , while truly exceptional, even spectacular vocal talents have been left out. This is especially the case this season in which the 2 obvious very least-talented vocalists Were the top vote getters, and the 2 vocalists, whose talents are VASTLY superior by any criteria imaginable to the other 6 , predictably, were left out of the show is a continuing assault on musical integrity vs commercial appeal, and an insult to anyone to whommusical excellence Is important.

I refuse to endure another episode of a show that has lost all credibility as a vehicle by which talent is judged. In the end, one can count on every season's finals to be dominated by dudes with cowboy hats singing country music, and attractive teenage musical neophytes possessing personas that appeal to

those 2 demographic categories-who will be more likely to vote most often, and the least

musically astute or discriminating voters. I'm sure the show will continue to be successful, and make in record income, and in doing so continuing to undermine the value of musical excellence .

I'll close by saying that it sheer intellectual dishonesty or total musical ignorance to assert

to say that any one of the 4 chosen finalists are better vocalists or have a better "Voice" than Either Devon or Kisha. Their personas may not appeal as much to some , but, after all, the bane of this show is The Voice"
  • Think this was a racist pick

4.5
    People so ignorant all this racist mess. Everybody knows davon an Keisha sounded way better then a lot of them pick for final 4. Guess what it ain't over for them. They still great. Stop hating on jennifer
  • WILDROBE

Chloe totally lost her voice from the very start. At times, she talked--not sang. She seems mildly obsessed with The Queen of Rock, Stevie Nicks. Her hairstyles are awful and so are her choices of outfits. She tries to have the husky voice that Stevie Nicks has, but it just sounds like she has an Adam's Apple in her throat. She isn't an original artists, she is working hard to be another Stevie Nicks. Tragic performance--all of her appearances.
  • Lose the background singers please!

I wanna hear the contestants. It started out over the first years with the band drowning out the singers, now the background singers are singing over the contestants. I want to hear the contestants without interference, they deserve their voice to be heard as they are fantastic ! Please please let us hear their voice!
  • Top 3 all stolen. Chloe, Addison, and Noah

Chloe has the fashion and star attitude. She's professional and tour ready. Her deep voice in the low to mid range sparks interest but doesn't light a fire. Her vocal limits eliminate her from "powerhouse" status. Her performances are lacking in the movement department. Why hasn't she been coached in this regard? I get the feeling she doesn't take coaching well. She has so many pieces and could and should be hugely successful.

Noah could be the next teen heartthrob. His voice is beautiful. He should try some Frank Sinatra. INXS or Crowded House. His song choices have gone downhill from the peak of his blind audition. (His best performance).

Addison has been on this planet before. She, like Chloe, has that slightly throaty voice that gives it an interesting tone that really works. Her stage energy is better than Chloe's but still needs some vertical movement and not just walking back and forth. She needs to break out and rock out with some more upbeat music choices. That being said, I love her and what she has done. Every song has drawn me in. She is a star and should absolutely win this competition. Her emotional connection to every phrase is unworldly. She's freaking 15 years old! I want to say more but I'm too big of a fan. I'm also a fan of Chloe and Noah but Addison leaves me gobsmacked.
  • Blake and Gwen and Jennifer

I love Blake and Gwen together singing although those insipid dancers about ruined the song.

How stupid! Whos the lamebrain choreographer?!!

Regarding Jennifer Hudson; I've read some of the comments here and they're completely WRONG!

Jennifer Hudson is a major talent and a supportive, insightful judge.

People keep reading the crap of National Inquire and other gossip magazines.

Jennifer doesn't "she's all that"!

She's humble and won countless awards!

Miley isn't "rude". She's quirky.
  • The Voice

Love the voice. But Jennifer has to go, worst coach ever. Everything is about her. She doesn't teach because she doesn't know how. Please never again. Bring Pharrell or Celo anyone but her or Christina. Please
  • Judges

PLEASE get rid of Miley Cyrus! I know she can't help it but her VOICE is so "grating on the nerves"!

Surely you can find another fine young artist to replace her!
  • The amazing, the terrible and the trashy....

As a family who loves the voice show, my goodness what has happened? From the

Terrible coach choices, since when Is this show about judge's Miley and Jennifer, seriously. Miley was a train wreck to begin with, and then there is Jennifer, a complete horrific disaster. They are both terrible examples to young girls and the younger generation. You should feel ashamed.

I'd like to know NBC's definition of a family show ? Even back with Christina, we dont think your boobs hanging out or midriff or rearend is family flash girls you are certainly not someone I want my daughter to look up to, and it's not all about you. BTW Jennifer was your goal for everyone to see your crotch tonight during your performance? Cover it up. If your so Awesome, and amazing like you act then you shouldn't have to sell out. They are both obnoxious and think they are all show has gone to pot. If it weren't for Adam and Blake, this show wouldn't exist. For real! Bring Alicia back, now she is a gem I would want my daughter to see as a great role and amazing talent that doesn't need to over compensate by selling out with trashy attire and arrogance! Jennifer and Miley have no place on this on you Jennifer, what happened to being you lose this when you lost your weight?

• A certain contestant (keisha) is full of it

Keisha isn't even country. She's awful trying to pull some sob story crap. No country sound at all! It shouldn't be about the sob story you have. This ain't Dr. Phil.. it should be about the TALENT and PASSION for music. It is a music show after all.
  • What's the point?

The judges just repeat themselves. Everyone is the best they heard or the best ever. What happened to past winners? I have not seen a single one on the Top 40 or Top 100.

This lacks any real development or criticism which talents need to become great. At least American Idol had routine hits.

This show feels scripted at times and none of the performers are new to the business. Most are set or studio performers or back up singers. It's not like they find people off the street. Don't believe me just wiki the performers.

You also should have actual Grammy winners as "coaches" Jennifer Hudson won her Grammy for an group performance in a musical.

This show panders to people who just want to hear karaoke and just positive nice things said about people that really need criticism to hone their talent.
  • TIME FOR THE VOICE ALL STAR SEASON

Dear the voice,

I think is time for all-star season, been 13 season now i think i be nice for all-star season. The competition would be tough and intense. Time to bring back all the contestant that haven't won the voice and come back for the second chance to shine and get record deal.

• Where's the rock acts???

3.5
    This show is getting worse and worse. The whole premise of the voice is not to have any preconceived judgments. It's supposed to be all about the talent of the voice... but it's not. It's now about who can sing country, R&B, and gospel. People who sing those 3 categories are the only ones who move on anymore, and this season is the worst! They had the most talented singer with Mariah who sang rock. Miley let her go, for... yes, you nailed it, ANOTHER country artist! The show has nothing to do with relevant talent anymore. It's all about which coach can beat Blake with a country artist or how Miley can get an all girls team. Everything the voice is supposed to be based on with no bias is now all bias by picking and choosing only certain types of music (even if they're not that good) over others who can actually sing, but sing different genres. Guess what guys? Many people out there like all types of music beyond the 3 categories of country, R&B, and gospel. I'm about done with this show and it used to be one of my favorites.
  • Bring CeeLo back

3.5
    I thought Pharrell was a terrible singer and lousy judge. Everyone kissed his patooty for being this stellar producer, but I just didn't like him. Usher was too full of himself and Jennifer is the most arrogant person I've ever seen on the show. Remember the guy who forgot the lyrics and she turned around without even hearing him sing? What is that? You don't reward someone for butchering an artists' song by forgetting lyrics. And I hate her sass. She acts 2-faced. As others have said, Miley is a terrible influence and she says the same garbage all the time. I really liked when CeeLo was on because he was no frills. He said the truth and only turned around (during the blinds) when he really felt it. Blake any more turns around just because someone else turns around.

All said, the 2 biggest downers on the show now are the coaches acting like the show's about them instead of it being about the contestants, and there's no critiques anymore. I liked AGT when Howard Stern gave some tough love. Nowadays even simon cowell is acting like mr. nice. I get mannerism's and all that, but coaching is about direction, and even the artists can read through the glam. It'd be nice if they gave some tough love, otherwise these people are going to be complacent doing things as they are... horribly... for years to come. If an artists' song is butchered, the contestant has to hear about it.

Further, it bugs me to see a contestant like judith hill not win it all, or mike schiavo and emily luther not advance further than they did. I have to believe there's something going on behind the scenes they're not telling us.

Lastly, I think the worst aspect of the show is how there's less and less diversity in genre's. Where's the classic rock singers, or jazz artists (like Emily)? It seems if they're not pop or country, they're pretty much not on the show anymore. And now the age limit is lower, so even younger kids can be on the show. They seem to keep older contestants off the show.

Lastly Lastly, I agree with others when they say contestants are just screaming. I'll add to that, that they all seem run a lot too, and fans don't vote for that later in the rounds. I remember that girl who knocked a billy joel song out of the park in the blinds. All judges were standing before she was done, but in the later rounds, she kept running ALL THE TIME, and it wore thin with fans. I tried to tell her in twitter not to do that, but of course they won't listen to me, probably don't even read my tweets. But she went home and she probably should have won it all. Contestants need criticism to know right from wrong, to learn, grow, and do better, but the judges don't do that - anymore - they hardly ever did to begin without (adam) saying something like, "but that's just me, and the rest was awesome". Grow up and get some cojones already. Yeah, I'm sick of it. Sick of good contestants going home early, sick of good contestants not being on the show, sick of fake judges, acting too nice, not critiquing, and mostly I hate that the focus is less on the music than anything else. I mean, in a 2 hour show, we'll usually see at best 8 artists sing 90-second songs. The rest is mostly stuff I fast-forward on my DVR. It's gotten old and I won't be surprised to hear it get cancelled in the near future. They could go on for 20+ more years if they'd change, but they won't listen to fans like me.
  • A little Tough Love?

The judges show no useful critiques for their teams, it's all "you're going to the finals" or drivel like "Im such a fan" Reminds me of American Idol "You're in it to win it!"

Can you imagine the football coach telling his losing team only how great they are and how they're going to the finals though they are at the bottom of their league standings, ready to be e liminated from playoffs?

How about some COACHING? Actually noticed some critiques from the coaches this week, useful, helpful, gives the coaches some credibility.

Entertainment is a TOUGH sport, and contestants who can't take a little TOUGH LOVE will not survive long. Snowflakes won't make it. The viewers who hear some awful gaffes and mistakes and imperfections would appreciate a little HONESTY from the judges rather than the constant dose of platitudes we hear contestent after contestant.
  • Racist

I think the judges are so racist, only black and whites get picked no other nationality. J hud is annoying and Miley. Thier just not original. They repeat them selves with the same comments to contestants. They suck ass.
  • Bad chemistry between judges

I use to love watching the Voice. The talent is amazing, however the chemistry between the judges doesn't mesh this season. I don't care for Jennifer Hudson's attitude. She acts as if she has something to prove and that she is the best. Kind of like Christina Aguilar behaved. Alicia Keys and Pharrell were both wonderful judges. Caring, compassionate and kind. Didn't have to break out in sound and dance. I feel the show is missing the comradery between the judges. I hope it doesn't lose all viewers like American idol
  • SUCKS!!!

1.5
    I hate the music this year it's just a bunch of yelling and screaming!! If you can't relate to any of the music it makes the show suck!!! My family and friends have all quit watching it this year!!! All that dang yelling and screaming makes me just cringe!! Are we judging for the talent or who can scream the loudest!! I'm mean really?
  • New Judges are Awful

I used to love "the voice" and couldn't wait for the next one but now I cannot watch it due to Miley Sirus and JH. Please bring back Alicia Keys and Usher!!! As long as MS is on the show, I will not watch it.
  • Clown Time

I use to love watching the show : However the show has become more about the judges and them acting stupid and to much time on the show acting like clowns rather than focusing on the artist , their talents and their journey.

I would love to see them take what they are doing more seriously , Fun is ok but when it becomes more of the shows focus I find myself doing other things .
  • Get rid of JH!!

I love watching this show every year but buy the second night of Jennifer trying to hog the show and act like Gods gift to the world I just can't bring myself to watch it! I love the rest of you so much! Just please knock her off her pedistool!
  • You've ruined this show.

Blake and Adam are the mainstays and add so much to the show. Miley and Jennifer can go ANYTIME. Miley is cheap and a bad influence to kids. Jennifer is just way over the top. If she wants to be the center of the universe, she needs to get her own show. I stopped watching the show midway through this years second night. I will not tune in until they bring in two other judges.