The Wackiest Ship in the Army

NBC (ended 1966)

The Wackiest Ship in the Army Fan Reviews (4)

6.6
  • It has always amazed me that I know no one whom remembers this series.

Sure it wasn't on the air very long, but it was a high quality show with cutting edge humor for it's time. Gary Colling and Jack Warden worked great together. I guess it would best be described as a kind of "Hogan's Heros" on the sea. I was only 11 or 12 at the time, but used to watch it weekly with my dad and we would always get lots of yuks out of it. Obviously, others did not share our admiration for the series, since it was on barely a year. I always figured that some day I might see it in syndication, however I am sure that the lack of enough episodes doomed that idea. Great show though, enjoyed reading a little about it. thanks, Tom M. Granbury, TX.
  • It was funny and all of that but it's kind of sad that Chef quit...

5.7
    It was funny and all of that but it's kind of sad that Chef quit... I wish he'd come back, but really it's stupid to quit over something stupid like Scientology. But, the underlying message was funny. It was funny when he says "Well maybe he's okay... No really.. They say that the last person craps his pants before he dies
  • Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called The Wackiest Ship in the Army in the first place?
  • Back in 1965 this show was up against the biggest shows on the air for its time slot and got creamed. For the time it aired it was good comedy and should be viewed in that light.

7.1
    This show was good, light comedy that allowed us to have an alternate to what was mainly the reality programming of the day. Viewed against the comedy of today, it still stands as a good light comedy. The acting and comedy of the cast was memorable. I am writing this from my memories of the show as it was shown back in 1965. I still remember rooting for one character over the other. I still remember the way I enjoyed watching the series rather than watching that other show on the other channel(Candid Camera)as it was in effect the same show every week. This program was and is underappreciated even today.