The Walking Dead

18 Miles Out

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 26, 2012 on AMC

• What did the zombie say after shaking hands? "Keep the tip."

Except for some zombie action and a would-be suicide, this episode really didn't move the story forward in any significant way.

In fact, the only protagonists in this episode, were Andrew Lincoln (Rick), Jon Bernthal (Shane), Sarah Callies (Lori), Laurie Holden (Andrea), Lauren Cohan (Maggie) and Herschel's blonde daughter and the guy they saved a couple of episodes ago. No one else (Dale, Glenn, Daryl, Carol, Carl, et. al.) were seen or heard from. Maybe they were enjoying some well-deserved time off.

In any case, the action scenes, although well-executed, left me with the same thought that many of the zombie scenes in The Walking Dead leave me with: aren't they afraid of getting infected blood in any cavity, cut or gash? There's blood everywhere and close proximity a-plenty but I never see them too worried about that.

[!!Spoiler!!]

Tonight especially, after Rick voiced his perplexity at not seeing any bites on the security guards, I wondered about this. Guess only time will reveal the mystery.

And so, again, the story did not move forward in any significant way. It was however, still pretty decent, and satisfying enough.

-------------------------------------------------

Oooh! I do have something to add :).

Although not episode-specific, I want to know if Carol and Daryl will ever 'get together'. I think she is a beautiful woman and Daryl is hott. Their on-screen time together sizzles, and in general I think it would be good for both of them (Daryl needs a nurturing/caring female and Carol needs a strong man).

C'mon Walking Dead writers! Go there!
Coda