The Walking Dead

Arrow on the Doorpost

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 10, 2013 on AMC

• Glacier

Slowest. Episode. Ever. It wasn't even that tense for what it contained. Rick and the Governor met and talked about not resolving their issue. Rick kinda-maybe took the higher ground just long enough to go home and distract the others while it made plans to dance exactly as the Governor told him to. The show has painted a wonderful scene in which the only way out is to kill, but they're taking far too long to get down to the dirty work now. And I have this sinking suspicion that now Milton's grown on me, he's destined to die. All my favorite characters have that habit. Time will tell.
  • Loving this series...

Not just your usual zombie tale.
  • Arrow of the Doorpost

A bit irrational to believe the two would agree to a meeting like this, but I thought it was a refreshing break from the two arguing with their own people to argue with each other.

I just cannot buy into the current direction of the show.
  • Rick being Rick

The mighty honorable Rick who still respects the gov who he would have killed 10 times over if he had a chance during the attack on WB, who knows what a sociopath he is, who has it confirmed by other trustworthy people, is at the low point of my sympathy for him. Been there since the hitchhiker.

To me, trust is an invaluable currency in their situation. what value is left in their group if they give someone like Michonne away to be surely killed based on the slim chance to not get attacked afterwards? It's so preposterous to even think about it. Everything would crumble away, no binding left, no oh-so-slight-security.

And btw, I hate the fact that most likely the whole conversation between Rick and Hershel at the end was only to indulge in this pseudo-tension, cliffhanger and so on. I don't like it if these parts of a plot become so blatantly self-contained and uncomprehensible.

Lastly, stop complaining about the pace or the length of arcs. This simply is Kirkman's style and thus they stay true to it. He was facing the exact same complains often, and especially with the Woodbury arc. Of course, in the novel the whole Michonne thing has a whole other ring to it
  • OMG Replay Video

The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 13 Video : My Colectiona in - turtlestv .com - Visit Please

• The Pipes of Peace

Amidts the fields of war, Rick and the Governor light a candle to a truce. A truce in which Milton and Hershel's problems disappear, but Martninez and Daryl soon discover war is inevitable despite how badly they've fought on behalf of their women and children.

The pipes of peace shatter as the illusion they are when demands are unattainable. For giving up Michonne is not going to bring back Penny any more than shooting the Gov is going to bring back Axel or Oscar. And their petty war, for all its casualties, is not going to bring back the world they've lost, a world in which Martinez's children died, Sophia was lost to Carol & Daryl and Judith has no mother to grow up with. The walking dead march back home as the zombies are waiting to see which one is joining their ranks first.
  • Hey man! Have a sit. Let's talk.

It was an amazing episode, indeed. Just when you think that the episode was getting a little boring - too much talk and no action - the tension in the air kept growing and growing and suddenly everything got just perfect. Did you see that scene with Rick in the prison talking to everyone? The music was totally into the scene. And you could feel the tension. Rick was in silence, gazing around, pacing slowly and he spoke: "we are going to war". WOW man! That just gave me some goose bumps. Just perfect.
  • Most Boring Episode

The Walking Dead is getting more boring every episode, and episode 13 is by far the most boring of all. They should stop this series.
  • The Summit

This episode was very slogging in terms of pace. I was initially excited about the 16 episode order but I think they should go back to the 13 if they can because this is really problematic dragging this conflict on for this long. We still have 3 episodes to go. While I'm not entirely against this episode as a standalone after last week's it was a little jarring to just see the Governor and Rick talking their terms out. The potential for Michonne being given up as a trade was a good hanging bit of yarn to put in our path and Rick's decision will ultimately determine what happens. While she has earned her place there him asking Herschel in the end of the episode to talk him out of it was really a tough one. I'm all for them fighting united against the Gov but they are massively outnumbered and too many have died already. Andrea trudged along and even after being told what the Gov did and saying she wouldn't go back with him she still did. Milton interviewing Herschel was a good show of friendship between the camps and Milton may just be the only apocalyptic historian we ever see on the show but it's good to see someone doing it. Daryl and Martinez bond after a heavy measuring contest of sorts. Seeing Martinez brutalize walkers with the bat was pretty amusing and especially their bro smoking and saying how the peace won't work out anyway. The Gov's story about his wife was by far the best part of the episode and they spent an awful lot of time squaring off but at least they acknowledged the heads and that they both know oh so very much about one another. Of course the Gov would plan on killing Rick and anyone who brought Michonne anyway but seeing the decision be made is what's going to drive the rest of this season. Creepy how the Gov knew about Rick's big gun stash coming back from last episode from his hometown since he's clearly got eyes on the prison. Also catching Rick's lie about the Governor wanting to take the prison was a big fib on Rick's part making him seem more of a threat to their well-being when he truly only wants Michonne. The whole Merle vs. Glen thing was nice to see and seeing Maggie and Glen get better was one of the brightest parts of the episode. While sex can be gratuitous on cable this clearly had the message of her moving on from her suffering at the hands of Merle and Governor and showing that she wants to be intimate with someone she loves and how much healing they've done since then. Let someone be happy for a little bit, especially those two who have nothing in the future of the world to look forward to except walkers and more death. The next few episode will hopefully be a lot more action packed than this but we got some decent character development but not a whole lot of forward momentum in the season arc beyond that two days from the Summit more people will be dead.
  • Poor Judgment

I agree with llama612. Rick should have blown a large gaping hole in the Governors head when the opportunity presented itself. The perfect time to end this has passed. Since he blew the perfect opportunity his second move should be to have Daryl take him out with the hunting rifle in two days when they meet again. If he blows that then they get what they deserve. You can't be a woos when you are in a command position. Yes only the strong survive. I also agree that this episode was a not very well written. We had to sit and watch this round table meeting through 3/4 of the show. Everyone including Rick should know what a snake the Governor is. The only choice when dealing with a mad dog is to put it DOWN!!!! Better luck next week writers.
  • Arrow on the Doorpost

Arrow on the Doorpost was a spectacular episode of The Walking Dead. I really enjoyed watching because the story was intense and full of character growth along with plot development. It was amazing to see the Governor and Rick to meet, sit and talk for awhile. It was interesting to see the other members of each side talk and get to know each other. The ending was great and I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!!
  • Should have taken the shot!

2.5
    Let me get this straight The Governor was there alone when Rick got there, he had no back up yet and Rick and his people had checked the parrimenter. WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T RICK BLOW THE GOVERNOR AWAY THEN? That was the perfect chance he knows what the the governor has done, knows the governor is the leader and the brains behind it all, yet when the perfect chance arrives to take him out and then take out the back up that does come he doesn't? I'm sorry I don't care what the circumstances but Rick just let a golden chance to end this once and for all slip through his fingers. They could have taken the governor out and then with a small group armed to the teeth gone and taken out woodbury. Yet instead of doing the smartest most logical fucking thing they instead sit and chat and Rick lets him go, so Rick is now back on the disadvantage.
  • crawling right along

I'm glad that Rick and Patch finally got to meet and chat. Not so glad about the sit down, pull up a chair, and let's bullshit for most of the episode part. I felt that not only were they bullshitting each other, but also bullshitting the viewer for having to sit through them sitting through the bullshitting. Yeah. I did appreciate the coming together of the peripherals - martinez/daryl, milton/herschel - interesting to see that interaction. I did yelp aloud with gladness when Andrea was pretty much told off and sent outside to pout. To be perfectly clear - I HATE ANDREA- which in turn means that I absolutely LOVE Laurie Holden. Andrea is one of the best worst characters ever. (I think of Ben on Lost) Anyway, I actually giggled when Glen/Maggie had to go behind closed gate to sex it up - then got mad at them for leaving their futile posts - until I realized that it was futile and most likely there would be no attack since Patch and Rick were in fact still quite busy bullshitting at their comfy table. Then I got sidetracked because I was recapping the episode in my head and it was pretty empty - sit down at table, have sex someplace on concrete located on jail catwalk with pull down garage door, watch Andrea pout, have Herschel joke about buying drink before sharing cut off leg - laughed a lot because Milton is so glaring flaring but probably doesn't know it. Interactions of others. Merle being a moron. Liking Michonne. Thought about how I may even want to know more about Milton - and then wrote my shopping list for next week.