The Walking Dead

Beside the Dying Fire

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 18, 2012 on AMC

• Nice season finale

Personally I love their flashback scene and showing how the Walker horde began was very cool. It worked well with "zombie physics". Like a rolling snowball, they just start small and build up till they are huge. I had to laugh though at the moment they heard the gunshot. They stopped everything and started moving that direction. Odd that it took the shot Carl delivered to attract them.

*Will Smith's voice* JIMMY NO!! Ok, that Independence Day reference might have been wasted there. Anyway, considering how devastating a zombie horde at night..CRAP...I need to copyright that. "Zombie Horde at Night" could be a great band name. Anyway, they didn't lose as many people as one might have thought.

My biggest complaints lie with Carol and Lori. Maybe nagging housewives just shouldn't be in zombie apocalypses. Let's keep the single women like Andrea and Maggie about. My secondary complaint is the lack of Walker Jim. Even if it was just a passing cameo...it would have rocked to have seen him in the group.

Overall...great episode. Yes..a bit cheesy with certain things but come on...this isn't World War Z.