The Walking Dead

Beside the Dying Fire

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 18, 2012 on AMC

• For a finale, lacklustre

I waited a week before writing this review for good reason. By now, I hope the hype has died down.

For a while now, I've said how the show kept missing the mark in terms of consistency. It just kept saying one thing, doing the opposite, then back to original, then something else.

If anyone noticed, for a finale, this episode contained an amazing load of inconsistencies.

It can't just be me here. Think about this:

1) When the noise of the cars had left the barn, the zombies stopped following. Yet all it takes is 30 seconds of a helicopter to get zombies of migrate down south?

2) How does something as noisy as that harley davidson not get jumped on by that nest? Its as if they couldnt hear it coming enough to miss it go by!

3) A simple point another reviewer said: if you lack bullets against the zombies, isnt it just better to up and leave?

4) How is it zombies in the city can avoid gates yet those migrating walked straight into it?

5) One minute zombies can run, the next minute they can only walk?

At this point, when you remove the inconsistent parts from the show, you have to ask how much are you left with? Not much really.

It feels like this whole season was very simply one overstretched episode just so Rick could say "Jenner said we're infected!". Everything else was just filling in the space.

By now, the characthers are in too deep to make changes to fit the comic book. While the Carl charather isn't going to be missed, it would be a mistake to kill Lori. Keeping Carl would irritate a whole lot of viewers, making this not very good tv.

Like I said, for a finale, it was lacklustre. This whole season didn't have that tight writing S1 did. Still, Andrew Lincoln shined as an actor again.

Lets hope the next season is better.