A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC
Les Revenants is set in an eerie mountain village in France. The series kicks off with a terrible accident. A school bus and its precious cargo goes under. We watch as the villagers mourn and plan to move on. Miraculously, Camille - one of the passengers, walks back home - a couple of years after the accident.

This is the framework. It´s executed with a great character gallery and awesome make-up.
Les Revenants is not giving anything away and keeps the cards close to the vest.

Channel 4 has aired it in the UK, fully subtitled. For US viewers, an adaptation is scheduled for March 2014. This version is produced by Plan B, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and ABC Studios.

17 Comments
Comments (17)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The water and the mountain shots remind me of The 4400, makes it feel more about rebirth than decay to me.
Flag
Tim wrote in one of his News Briefs recently (in the last 2 weeks) that an American channel is going to be broadcasting this. Watch it. Seriously.
Flag
It will premiere on Sundance Channel on Halloween, Thursday, October 31st at 9PM ET/PT. It will air every Thursday night at 9PM.
Flag
Looks like a french copy of 'In the Flesh'
Also, whats with the dead floating cattle? do they think that's artistic of something?

I guess the french would handle zombies much better than the rest of us because they are probably used to the zombie smell already.
Flag
It's not a copy. It's based on a french movie from 2004. It also aired before In The Flesh. If you actually decide to give it a go (unless it's to foreign for you), you'll understand that there's more to that than them just being artsy.
Btw...your ignorance is astounding! French people are no more dirty than americans or asians or the entire world for that matter.

I'm so happy that they decided to give it a mention on this site! it really is a great show, but very slow paced and nothing is solved in the finale, which is why there's a second season coming next year. It's one of the best shows in recent time! In my opinion, that is. I highly recommend it!
Flag
Yes, I agree with the pace. But it works. I guess my point of posting it in The Walking Dead community is alright as it´s about living dead. I've missed the mention of the series in Tim's News Brief, so I posted it here.

I watched the series over the weekend and am glad I did.
Let´s see how the next season pans out...

You can add information about the show at the Les Revenants - section of tv.com

Flag
It does work! But I don't think people who want guts exploding and explosions 24/7 will like the show. It's a show that makes you think, rather than put your brain in a comatose. lol

I watched it when it aired in England during the summer. I was suprised to learn that the second season would be airing 2 years after they aired the first one in France. It was aired last year in november I think. Good news for us, is that it's about a year until the next season arrives. If there's a third season, I hope it doesn't take another two years for that to be aired. Brilliant show!
Flag
Les Revenants is an amazing show.
I'm a bit bewildered that the US are doing an adaptation, as if American viewers couldn't possibly watch something that was filmed and which is happening in another country. But anyway, hopefully it'll be a good adaptation.
Flag
Yeah I don't really get the whole remake thing either. I'm not an uber nationalist but I still wish people in the US would watch the original rather than the remake... Well I guess that's how Danish and English people must feel all the time.
Flag
I can also recommend to watch 'Les revenant'. It is an intelligent and very entertaining view on humanity: what to do when your beloved dead ones come back. In 'Les revenants' a lot of children come back, at first in secret, later more open. The inhabitants of the village all have different reactions, from happiness to 'kill zombie' behaviour. During the series there is a built up that the lake has something to do with it, but nothing is revealed. It made me want to watch season 2 as soon as possible......
Flag
Loved the first season. It's a great supernatural/mystery series that'll keep you wondering all the way to the end (and after! can't wait for season two), with just the right amount of creepy and gorgeous backgrounds and music. It's a different take on zombies that the one we're used to, and it works.

Just wondering though, by adaptation do you mean there's going to be an US remake?
Flag
Resurrection

IMDB

"The people of Arcadia, Missouri are forever changed when their deceased loved ones suddenly start to return..."

It´s based off of The Returned by Jason Mott. Watching the trailer it has the same feel as the French concept:
Cheers!
/Dave

Flag
Aw, okay, thanks. It doesn't look bad, but I guess I just wish they would broadcast the original. There's not that much good French TV out there, and for once that there's a great show, so I kinda wish more people would watch it. Well the remake looks pretty different though so hopefully people will watch both!
Flag
I made a prevous post on The Bridge and the Nordic original. It does seem that US companies prefer to make their own versions to make some money on it in the process, instead of buying the original however good it migjt be. I don't think there's a subtitle dilemma. Just a profit and production one.

Cheer!
Flag
There could be something to the subtitle though, there are a bunch of Canadian shows that are just whole sale taken and run a few months later.
Flag
I totally get that it's a money thing... I still can't help feeling a little depressed and cynical every time a good show/movie gets a US makeover instead of an international broadcast (The bridge being a good example, especially since the US version got so many rave reviews...).
Flag
Follow this Show
Members