A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC
WARNING: SPOILER ALERT for The Walking Dead and The Wil Wheaton Project. If you have NOT watched either of these shows, please avoid this post.

Do give a heart at the top right hand corner if you liked this post.

The Wil Wheaton Project's first episode was so cool. I think it was half an hour well spent. I strong encourage any fans (not just Sci-fi) of current TV shows to watch it.

I especially liked this segment, I just had to post it to share with everyone who have not watched it or would like to see it again...and again....and again.

I also liked the X-Men, Dracula and Gotham segment. Feel free to discuss about what you liked or dislike about The Wil Wheaton Project if you have seen it.

poll

9 Comments
Comments (9)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jun 02, 2014
A few thoughts:
- Loved TWD commercial. Also liked the Gotham spoof too. But my favorite was The Ashmore You Know!!!

- Was it me or did WIl's mic seem off during the episode? I thought it was just my audio but when Chris came on his mic seemed fine but Wil's seemed muffled throughout the entire show.

- I'm waiting until a few more are under Wil's belt before I make any criticisms regarding his hosting or jokes. I think there was definitely room for improvement, but I also think the material covered was great. I have confidence that with time and practice a great host he will make.
Flag
Jun 02, 2014
Thanks for the comments.

I could hear both Will and Chris fine so no sure about the mic problem.

I do agree he sometimes comes off a bit goofy and inexperience but I guess that is okay for a nerd kind of show. He probably cannot host something serious yet.
Flag
Jun 02, 2014
It's not the goofiness that I took issue with, and I definitely wasn't expecting anything serious. I'm very familiar with Wil's work, including TapleTop on Geek & Sundry so I full on expected goofy :-) I don't know how to word what I"m thinking but I have a feeling it was just because it was his first real foray into hosting.
Flag
Jun 02, 2014
Thanks!
Funny stuff and they picked some excellent scenes from TWD.
I'll have to check out their other stuff.
Flag
Jun 02, 2014
Thanks ! You will definitely enjoy it.
Flag
Jun 01, 2014
Just watched! It wasn't as funny as I'd anticipated although it did have its moments. I voted for Gotham because that was a funny parody of the trailer (and the Batman franchise in general), but I really laughed out loud at John Malkovich's discussion of Crossbones, he didn't seem all that enthusiastic to me.

I'll probably keep watching, loved the large amount of television discussion it had. I just hope they don't feel the need to discuss Game of Thrones every week... it wasn't even on this week and it two shot segments devoted to it. I just think there's already enough discussion of it.
Flag
Jun 01, 2014
Yes. I thought their discussion of lots of television was really good. They did not restrict to just Sci-fi.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members