A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC
"Live Bait" was a very different episode for TWD. I very much like that it strayed from norm, and I was very interested to see what the Gov'nah had been up to, don't get me wrong, but I have some issues with this episode, which is the first time that I've been able to say that this season, so I guess that's a positive. Throughout the entire episode I felt as if the writers/directors wanted the audience to empathize with Phillip, oh wait I"m sorry "Brian." The end of the last episode was so ominous and I had so many devilish theories for what Phillip had been up to, his plotting and scheming to get back at Rick and crew. Not only do I feel let down in that regard, but then the fact that I'm feeling as if I'm supposed to feel bad for dictator Governor, President of Woodbury I just …. I just don't know. I'm now invested in what happens to Phillip/Brian's makeshift family, so thanks for that amazing TWD writers. I have lots of "feelings" about "Live Bait" many of them extremely mixed. So how about y'all? What are your feelings on the highly anticipated, maybe under impressive, definitely not what I expected return of the Governor?
Comments (8)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
so that's what he has been up to
Flag
I didnt not like it, had they mixed up the episodes with him and what was happening in the prison then they may have been better. On the whole they were disruptive, showed nothing new about the Governor and let us know we were going to get a repeat of the Tombs episodes where the Governor once again tries to take over the prison; this time with a tank.

Ditch the Governor, bring back Carol and get back to the prison.
Flag
I am surprised at how much I liked this episode. For me it was not about the Governor coming back, it was about finding out what happen to someone who had left the show. This episode reminded me a lot of some of the Lost episode that were devoted to one character. I really hope we get a Carol update episode.

Also, I really like being away from the prison. The prison is getting old for me. This episode was a nice break from the prison.
Flag
I like the actor who played Governor and even the character is good but seriously one whole episode to character that is not popular to start with. I would have been fine with Carol and what happened to her or Michonne flashback episode even with Daryl/Merle. I do not care about whether Governor is redeemed or not. Seriously, I think it's a waste of resources and who ever came up with the idea for this episode should be fed to a hoard of zombies.
Flag
It would have been fine with me if the governor never returned. I have no problem with the actor who plays that character, but I just don't care if he is "redeemed" or not. That character has IMHO run his course. I love character-driven episodes, and I would have been happy with one based on Michonne, for instance. Just not based on the governor.
Flag
Agreed. I'm happy he's back for the sole reason that they can quickly tie up the storyline so we don't have the possibility of the Governor popping back up looming over the show.
Flag
Nooooo. Firstly, I don't think it was "highly anticipated". Going by the comments here week ofter week most ppl (myself included) did not want him back.
Flag
He is horrid in every way. I wish his head would explode. Why do writers always want us to feel sorry for the villain??? It ruins the conflict of the story.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:30 pm
    Judge Judy
    NEW
    CBS
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm