A The Walking Dead Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on AMC
I LOVE this show! I love how it is so different than the comics. The comics are amazing in itself, so when I heard they were going to be making a show I just got so excited. Once the first season aired I was so pleased to find out that it was not like the first couple of comics. I am glad they did this because now I honestly have no idea what is going to happen. I can only guess with what I have read, but that gets me no where. By the seasons not going by the comics, it makes me scared as to who will die and who will survive.

http://wp.me/p3XWcR-37
6 Comments
Comments (6)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The show has the same world plot as the comics, but the smaller plots are different. The ending of the mid season finale is much the same as in the comics, and the whole show is following the same basic story as the comics. However, which characters die changes.

Although basically different, I do like to see certain scenes from the comics translated on screen. Like when Tyrese was left behind with a crowd of zombies, facing certain death, only to join back up with the group covered in blood. In the comics, this was a basketball court in the prison, and in the TV show it was in a field, but it was basically the same scene, and I enjoyed it.

The only two characters who will not die are Rick and Carl. The rest are fair game, and it's only a matter of when it will happen. If Daryl dies, there will be a massive outcry from the fans, of which Reedus appears to have plenty.
Flag
That is something that I am glad they do. I am glad they change who dies and who lives. Like I said below, this show keeps me on edge. I do love that they kept this mid season finale the same as the comics.

I remember that part in the comics vividly. I loved that part. It really showed how much of a badass Tyreese is. So it was great seeing them put that scene in the show, even though it was in a different location.

I agree that they cannot die. I know for sure they cannot kill Rick because he is the main character. The whole show is pretty much about him. No Rick, no show. About Daryl, I do not think they will kill him. I know he is fair game, but I feel way too many people love him to kill him. I think if they killed him, they would regret it immediately. I think people would stop watching it.
Flag
I hear where you are coming from but as I told someone else, it seems that the comic and show are headed toward the same destination (story wise) and simply makes some major and minor detours toward that same destination.

If it were going to truly be different there would be no Governor, no prison, no farm, no woodbury etc. I kind of wish they did stick to the comics because a lot of the character growth and experiences that has made me truly like certain characters aren't maintained in the show. However; I have grown use to the differences that are occurring and have no intentions of leaving this show.
Flag
I am just happy that the show is now back on track. I know that story wise it will go along with the comics, but sometimes the show goes away from that. Overall I am glad that they do make changes in the show. Only because it keeps me on the edge of my seat.

I agree. Character growth is very major. Maybe I cannot see in the show what they are doing wrong character growth because I have read the comics. So I already know who I like and don't like.
Flag
Oh I wouldn't say they are doing anything wrong in particular, except in the drastically different portrayal of Andrea, but she doesn't even matter since she is dead now lol On another note, Rick never lost his hand (or Judith), like he does against the Governor, I think these are pivotal moments that do help shape Rick to the man he becomes later.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Carmichael Show President Trump
    NEW
    NBC
  • 9:00 pm
    American Ninja Warrior
    NEW
    NBC